Menu
First Premier Bank
reviews & complaints

First Premier Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

121 complaints
33 resolved 88 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of First Premier Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES OF $100.00 FOR THE LAST 3 OR 4 MONTHS. THE PHONE NUMBER THEY GAVE IS FOR OUTREACH NURSES. THE # IS 859 259-9687. I SPOKE TO A GENTLEMAN NAMED NATHAN. I AM ON DISABILITY AND THIS HAS MADE ME OVER DRAWN EVERY MONTH. PLEASE HELP

1:51 pm EST

First Premier Bank - scam

I am a recipient of a First Premier Bank Card. I once had poor credit due to medical bills, and when I became a parent and went back to school, I knew I needed to get my credit back on track. I paid off all my debt, but my credit score wasn't moving up. So, like most in my position, I chose to go with a subprime credit company - First Premier Bank.

When I signed up, I thought the only charge I would see was the $29.00 set-up fee, however, even though I was given a $250 limit, I was only able to use $90.00 because there were all types of other fees, including an annual fee of $48.00, as well as a $79.00 fee for a "program fee." I made only a purchase of gas the first month, and have only made three other purchases in a year - all less than $20 because I basically had no credit with which to buy things.

When I started to pay my balance, I felt like I wasn't making a dent. Each month I paid on time, over the amount. There were three times I paid on the due date, and I was charged an extra $11to have it processed that day. I never knew they had a web site to make payments until a rep "slipped" and told me I wouldn't have to pay the $11 fee if I paid online - so, I was about to hang up and pay online when she told me their "system was down." Looking back, I was being lied to so they could collect this outrageous fee from me for paying ON TIME!

My limit went "over" ONLY because of their fees! I have not made a purchase in 6 months. I thought I was doing a good job of paying down, then received the annual fee and went over my limit! How is this? They charge me $17/month for NOT making purchases, even though I can't because I have no credit b/c of their fees! Each month I was being charged an extra $25 for the "over the limit fee." Even though it is not anything I actually bought, it's their fees that put me over the limit!

I called to cancel my card. I was told if I cancelled with over a $20 balance, I would still be charged $17/month for the "no purchase made fee." I said, "I'm going to be charged 17 bucks a month even though I can't technically USE the card?!" The rep said, "YES!" This can't be legal!

This company preys on people with poor credit because they know they will be able to make money off unethical, ridiculous fees. This is unethical, immoral and should be illegal!

I want to make a class action lawsuit. I have read many complaints. TOday is 12/11/2010. Let's do this together! I need a lawyer to help me with this. To any lawyer interested: I don't want any money from this. You can keep it all if we get a settlement! I just want to be able to close my account w/o a balance. PLEASE JOIN ME AND HELP!

(After a year of having my card, I did get offers from other companies, like Orchard Bank and Capital One - which are much better options.)

5 comments
K
Oct 25, 2010 11:18 am EDT

dont buy this card if your life depends on it total rip off

L
Apr 12, 2011 3:40 pm EDT

I would also like to join in on a class action lawsuit. Our family also had some difficult finances also due to some major medical bills. We chose to rebuild our credit by purchasing the first premiere card as well ( I state *purchasing" because of the high program fees. ) I have made every payment on time, and for more than the minimum payments each time.
Everything seemed fine until last month when a payment was returned. I thought huh that's weird but maybe I made a mistake., I quickly repaid it, then checked with my bank. No payment had been returned. I called first premiere, They removed the charge. The next payment also went through fine. and the next one I was ready to pay off the whole amount. I did not want another months of interest charges and due to their system that doesn't allow you to make payments for the actual balance, but only the previous month's balance, I scheduled the full payoff in two payments one for the previous month's balance, and one for this month's purchases. One payment went through, one didn't and another returned check fee was added to my account. I have a statement from my bank indicating that no payments were ever returned, and in fact, the ones that first premiere claim were never submitted to my bank. however First premiere as of now has refused to refund that fee.
This card that I paid for, to rebuild my credit has actually hurt my credit due to their fraudulent claims. If you are out there hurting for a little help with a credit card, PLEASE let my experiences help you. First Premiere card will not help your credit! I believe they do everything they can to keep your credit scores from increasing to keep people paying their extremely high costs of using their money.

R
May 04, 2019 12:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of lmjnsn

Call your State Attorney General's office. They are there to take on cases of consumer fraud and they will deal with these crooks and it won't cost you anything!

K
Mar 11, 2011 3:22 am EST

First Premier Bank is a joke! I would like to join in a class action lawsuit, because they day my payment posted Oct 1, 2010 I called and spoke to a representative confirmed my payment received and balance as zero and closed my account. I checked my credit report today and find that they continued to charge a finance charge and fees AFTER I closed the account. So I decided to investigate further. On my credit report it says "0 balance paid as agreed, closed at consumers request, and delinquent in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011" I pulled up my account on First Premiers website and it shows a 0 balance, but they charged a finance charge and a late fee and reversed these charges When calling First Premier Bank they said they "have no documentation of my phone call, but did receive my final payment". I have moved and can not find the reference # I was given when I closed my account. So while it shows that I've paid on time every month, they chose to report my account as being delinquent EVEN though I closed it. How is this possible? How can I close my account have a zero balance and they show delinquencies after I closed it? I'm wondering how I can dispute the delinquencies they reported to the credit buereas for months that the acc0unt was closed and paid off. If anybody has any information or is filing a class action lawsuit please advise. Thanks!

U
Feb 09, 2011 8:58 am EST

Totally agree. You'd be better off going to a local furniture shop to apply for credit and work it up in that manner, for thinking FPP is going to do any good for your credit is simply a pipe dream. Read my other comments about First Premier Bank and Portfolio Recovery Associates, you'll see why. And I was never late with their accounts, imagine those who are always late! May they have mercy on you.

U
9:13 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a two credit cards with 1st Premier Bank about 10 years ago to help build my credit up, which I decided to pay off and close due to the fact that the interest charges would never go away even if I paid my full balance before the due dates. Anyway, I left both accounts paid off and in good standing only for one of those accounts to come back to bite me...

R
7:10 pm EST

First Premier Bank - terrible bank - fpb

I closed my FPB credit card in Oct 2009 with $0.00 on the card. In Jan 2011, I received a credit alert from the FPB, with $64.00 of outstanding balance. I never used it after I close my account. I called FPB guys, they said everything is closed with your account and they dont know how the charges are made on my credit card. This is a terrible card and terrible bank. For anyone at any circumstances, this bank is not recommended! It is highly negative bank.

Jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm EST

Your situation is not unique and BoA is dealing with swarms of lawsuits and inquiries very similar to yours. Before you lose your home you should contact a lawyer, ideally immediately, and see if there are any non-profit groups who operate in your state. Watch out for any sort of debt consolidation or "program" as those are not what your looking for. You want an organization whos mission is to block foreclosure and resolve the issue through the courts. Any sort of "program" that wants you to sign agreements or try to "work it out with BoA" is not likely to have your best interest in mind as most of those organizations operate in much the same way a debt collector does.

You didn't list your state, but when you start calling around for lawyers you may find they already have a relationship with various groups and will try to leverage the groups resources to keep your legal costs down.

BoA has a reputation for this kind of behavior and there is support to be found. Just remember that you need to get a lawyer ASAP to stop the foreclosure.

12:43 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Got this High Fee Card to help build Credit. Fraud charges appeard on Card in Feb 2010. The account is paid in full automatically from our bank account. We filed a Dispute with no resolve from Premier The Only thing First Premier did was to close the account and reopen and new account and transfering the balance over. First Premier adviced us that since the...

6:12 pm EST

First Premier Bank - $750 limit paid $630 payment not posted showing over limit

My balance goes up even when I make my payment. I've made three (3) payments of $200.00 and one (1) payment of $30.00.
I've only seen the $30. dollar payment posted never the $600.00
dollars payments. My balance is now over the $750.00 limit.
Talked to them. I never went over the limit with any charges but
instead of going down, its going up and up. I asked for a complete print out, but was denied. If I pay them the $798. payment I was have paid them an additional $ 750. over double the $750 limit.
I would be paying them over 1, 500.00 dollar. I need help!

Jan 22, 2011 2:03 am EST

The same thing happened to me. I scheduled a payment on 1/7/2011 to come out on 1/10/2011, but the payment disappeared. It wasn't taken from my checking account though. Now they are charging me fees. Something is going on and I will be contacting someone about this if First Premier doesn't solve it.

D
2:42 am EST

First Premier Bank - fradulent charges

2 months ago I had my account paid down to half of my credit limit. Then the due date was changed and a 38 dollar fee was added plus 44 dollar "over limit fee". I called and was told this would be taken care of. They have continued to move my due date, making each monthly payment late and continuing to add 38 late fees. They have now run my account back up to just 2 dollars below the limit. Next month they now are threatening to add another 48 dollar fee for being over the limit. There is no sense to this. They put me on hold and then never return to the call, or transfer me to another office and I am cut off. How do they get away with this and not government agency is looking into it.

Apr 22, 2014 11:16 am EDT

If you have any problems with charges, try to go to vcharges.com, you always can find smth there

H
11:41 am EST

First Premier Bank - payment online not accepted

For many months, I have used my business checking account to pay the Credit Card online and it was accepted. Was informed that since the credit card is a personal card, I must delete the business checking account and issue a personal checking account to pay the bill. I went through the process and finally told that I need a letter from my bank telling First Premier that it is a personal account. What were they thinking I would do, put in another business checking account? So, bottom line after asking for a "higher-up" and denied, had them cancel the credit card that was a measly $300.00 maximum and I was told that this could possibly ruin my credit standing with the Bureaus. They offered $30 if I would stay on with them, but still needed to get letter from my bank that the account I was going to enroll was a personal account. CANCEL!

11:33 am EDT

First Premier Bank - money thieves

Ok, I signed up needing a card a for christmas time because I was short on cash and needed a few extra bucks and they are the only one who would give me a card. The card had a $300 limit, more than I would need but the card came with a bill for $270 for memberships fee, and whole bunch of other bogus fees that made no sense and the due date on the bill was the 2nd, I get paid on the 3rd this bank makes a living ripping people off and taking their money but they aint getting a dime from me, screw them!

J
Aug 17, 2013 7:25 pm EDT

worst mistake Ive made ive made in my whole life

1:41 pm EST

First Premier Bank - refused to discharge debt

Due to their interest hikes and fees I was forced to file bankruptcy in 2005. I am now being told that they filed a civil case against me (it's been 5 years) for not paying the bill. Even though they were properly notified they have refused to discharge this debt.

After the bankruptcy they were calling me multiple times a day and sending me threatening letters. I told them, via certified mail and every contact to take me to court..they ignored it. Despite the fact that I told them every time I had filed bankruptcy with them they continued to harass me.

Now that I am trying to buy a house this bill is preventing me from doing that..

I was not sued nor taken to court like I told them to do but now they refuse to accept my bankruptcy. This is illegal also. why file bankruptcy if the companies can continue to demand money from you.

When I was paying them I always paid on time. Yet they would not post it until AFTER the due date and then charge me a late fee. I was always told that I didn't mail it 10 days ahead of time. I only got the bill 6-7 days before it was due..how could I pay it 10 days ahead of time. By the time you take the holidays and weekends off that left no time at all for paying.

Feb 28, 2010 11:59 am EST

You don't indicate what type of bankruptcy you filed. Was it Chapter 7 or 13? Was it discharged or dismissed? If dismissed, you still owe the debt.

F
5:01 pm EST

First Premier Bank - never able to pay off account

I started this credit card account in 2007. I wanted a card for a backup to cash due to I'm disabled, I'm on a set in come. So I used the card tried to pay off balance and my dues just kept getting bigger. I called the support rep's got thier run around told them to cancel the account in Nov. 2008. I just wanted to pay this off and be done with it. Thinking First Premier Bank followed my request here it is Dec. 2009 no matter what I send it never goes against a closed out account balance.

G
6:24 pm EST

First Premier Bank - improper billings

I applied for a credit card which I subsequently received. I never activated the card and the company keeps on sending monthly bills to me. I tried have been trying to get the bank's email address to get the credit card cancelled but without luck.

Please direct all communications to my email address: [email protected]

L
1:21 pm EDT

First Premier Bank - excessive fees & poor practices

Filed against :
First PREMIER Bank

Complaint Description:
Many web sites are dedicated to this institution providing poor customer service and excessive fines. To validate this all one has to do is google First Premier Bank and visit the sites of individuals providing reviews about service. I have dealt with this company for a month and have suffered rude, short, and painfully ill rapport with customer service from this "bank". The issue that truly needs to be addressed is the excessive poorly represented fees attached to my account and additionally excessive fees for what would be standard account service. The most ludicrous fees are the program fee, account set up fee, and participation fee. Overall activation of the account was in excess of $170.00 in fees that are not normal credit charges. In short someone sat down and decided to attach as many fees as possible to their clients. The biggest slap in the face is the monthly fee to view your account online. This is just outrageous! I have never had to pay for account access with any bank I have held an account with! It gets worse from there: if you make a payment via telephone you get charged a "convenience fee" in the double digits, and large fee is attached to making a payment online. It is known that banks may charge such fees legally . . . as long as they are competitive within the market. Once these fees are excessive and beyond what the average instition charges within the shared market it does become a dance a bank will do on the line of enforcable law. I believe First Premier Bank is crossing the legal line and a class action lawsuit may be a viable option. It should also be noted a new consumer law is expected to pass on January 2010 that will go directly at banks that have excessive fees towards their clients like First Premier Bank. At a time of people falling deeper in debt the fees First Premier Bank are almost, if not, criminal. I am a 100% disabled veteran that fought in Iraq, and my credit went from good to bad because of the time it took for the government to process and adjust my income. I have bad credit now and I understand that that creates issues with banks. I also understand when I am getting taken advantage of. I expect the BBB to confront this institution about the business practices it has and to press First Premier Bank into fair competitive services and fees within the industry. It would be best for First Premier Bank to stop the excessive fees before the new laws are passed that protect the consumer in a few months.

Your Desired Resolution:
A complete review of business practices, dealing specifically with excessive fines and charges that would make the products provided discontinue over-zealous fines and fees for expected practical standard service; (i.e. charges for on-line account management).

This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business no more than thirty working days to respond to your complaint. Within those thirty days, we will write, fax, email or phone the company in an effort to seek a resolution to your case. You will be notified when the business has responded.

5:57 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was looking at my bank balances online today, and saw a debit for $70.00 from "FPB CR CARD." I had no idea what it was, so I called my bank to inquire about the transaction. The guy I spoke to said there was no merchant contact info for the transaction--how shady is that?!? I asked him to just google it, and he found that it was from First Premier Bank...

4:25 pm EDT

First Premier Bank - awful bank

I really hate this bank! The worst bank ever! Every time I would go to deposit a check, they needed a manager for an over ride. And half the time there was never a manager to be found! Then they have to call around to other First Premier Bank branches till they find someone with over ride authorization. This process holds up the line and makes me late for work! I have even had checks put on hold for up to 14 business days! I could see the reason for this if I was a hot check writer. But I have never bounced a check ever! And I have plenty of money in my account. They tell me I can take the check to the bank it's drawn off of. And have it cashed there, and then bring the cash back to deposit. WHAT? If I am going to go to that much trouble, I am just going to open an account at that bank! These checks I deposit are not even over 600.00 the tellers are usually really rude. And I had to deal with the regional VP at one time. I quickly found out that she was just a woman on a power trip! She treated me like a piece of gum she had just stepped in. I am not one to complain. I know how to treat people! When you work in, or have worked in, customer service, you tend to be more patient with people. I would rather climb through razor wire, with my hair on fire and put my money in a coffee can and bury it under a fire ant bed in my back yard before I would even consider putting it back in First Premier Bank "so called" Bank. I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone. In fact, when clients ask me about banks, I tell them how pathetic this bank is. And sometimes I even go into the whole" razor wire.

12:05 am EDT

First Premier Bank - falsifying statement information

I signed up for a card through First Premier Bank like any other person would... to build credit. I thought it would be a great idea. My first statement came and I forgot to pay it... It was due on the 8th. I started recieving calls from the cc company on the 4th stating that my account was "seriously past due." All of the calls had gone to voicemail as they called while I was at work. On the 18th I recieved a call and talked to a representative. She stated that my account was "extremely delinquent" I said, "How do you figure, it is only 10 days past the due date" She proceeded to tell me that my statement was "PRINTED UP" on the 15th of the month BEFORE the due date, and therefore, I was 30DAYS past due... 30 DAYS! I was 10 days late!
UGH! They are a HORRIBLE COMPANY... please DO NOT GET THEIR CARD... if for no other reason... don't get it so that you can protect your SANITY.

2 comments
Dec 31, 2010 8:03 am EST

I have to say I have been a First Premier customer for two years. When I started using my card I didn't know alot about credit cards and debt to ratio. I learned how to use my credit card the right way. I got about one year credit history with my card. I always paid my payments on time. I was late twice due to work and some other things. First Premier had already reported to the credit bureau my payment was on time. They even called to tell me that they where given me a chance to make it right. I have to say they have raised my credit score over 200 points. You really just need to give them a chance. They really have great customer service. There offering away for most people a way when there was none.

Sep 06, 2010 12:33 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please understand that they are there to try and help customers whom have been unable to get a credit card else where or whom are trying to rebuild or build credit. Although they can seem a little rough when it comes to collecting bills etc, they are actually a good company. Most issues with this company can be resolved fairly easily, I have many credit cards and typically i dont carry a balance but they are quick to investigate issues of unauthorized charges etc, although you have to go through the typical steps as any other bank. They also offer a great insurance protection program that will pay your minimum payment should you be unable to, so that your credit rating stays protected.

4:40 pm EDT

First Premier Bank - terrible bank

I accepted the terms for the credit card from Premier Bank Card because I wanted to help build some credit. This was a HUGE mistake! Not only do they charge you to have online access, but they also charge you a minimum of $7 just to make a payment online. This is just the beginning... Then, when the time came for me to get rid of these cards because the expense wasn't worth the credit, it became a hassle just to get them to close my account. They changed my auto draft info without my permission and caused me to have 'late' payments because THEY messed up my bank acct info! Finally! I think they closed my first card because when I log on to the site, I see there is a $0 balance. BUT! On my other card, there is an outstanding charge for $58, and I have a minimum payment of $75! WTF! These people are not here to help, they will only damage your credit like they have been doing to me for the past few months. DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER GET ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! RUN FROM THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

8 comments
Aug 29, 2008 4:44 am EDT

We've had problems with this company since day one. the latest problem and the last straw is this: we paid twice in July, on the 16th for due date 7/19/08 and on the 24th for the next due date, 8/19/08. Or so we thought.

We started receiving calls that we were late and going to collections. When we told them we paid twice in July they said "oh it's your fault then for paying so early" and refused to remove late fees showing for August!

If someone starts class action suit, count me in!

Jan 02, 2010 4:09 pm EST

My credit was zero because i am new migrant in usa, i tried to increase it through a credit card, i applied for a card from this bank. After 3 months of regular payments, i discovered that this bank did not report my payments to the credit bureaus, i stopped paying and called them to cancel my account, and payed all my balance one time. I discovered that they report a delayed payments to the credit bureaus which destroyed my credit. Note that all what i payed to them is their fees !, i didn't make use of more than $25 of what i payed. So they know the credit bureaus only to hurt their customers. Keep away from them.

Sep 01, 2008 1:04 am EDT

I've been trying to get a decent credit card to help with moving expenses (seeing as how since I moved here I’ve had nothing but a hard time and is why I’m moving back ...again...). Because of these issues I’ve had my credit isn’t so good. SO. I figured I’d try this bank seeing as how they're the only company who would approve me (to what I thought had no annual fee).

I was so wrong. All I got was a $250 credit limit, my first bill is already here. I have a $95 program fee, a $29 account set-up fee, a $7 monthly servicing fee, and already the $48 annual fee! Now my available credit is $71.

Do NOT under any circumstances do business or set up anything with this company!

Next time I open a credit card account I’m going to do some better research and not settle for crap.

Apr 14, 2009 8:19 am EDT

First Premier Bank claims I owe it close to $400 in membership and assorted fees even though I'd cut up my two First Premier bank credit cards, sent the cut-up cards back to the bank and had already paid off all of my minimum amounts due.

First Premier Bank failed to do its market research before sending me a preapproved credit card, and then a second card. If the bank had done its research, it would have discovered that I have had three federal, Chapter 7 bankruptcies (1986, 1996, 2017); that I have a 43-year history of clinically diagnosed manic-depression (bipolar disorder), meaning that I like most bipolar people in their manic phase am insanely reckless and profligate with money; that my only income is a monthly Social Security disability benefit check for $1, 234; that I have had numerous stays in mental hospitals and jails; and that additional evidence totally disqualified me from the use of any credit card from any lender--except for bottom-feeder predators like Frist Premier Bank.

First Premier Bank's collection unit, for more months than I can count, has dogged me for repayment by mail and phone calls. I once threatened one of their collectors, saying I knew where she worked and I had an M-16 (our Army's assault rifle) and if First Premier didn't stop trying to collect from me money I didn't owe them, I was going to kill everyone in her office. My threat failed; First Premier to this day still phones me daily--and constantly through the U.S. mail offers me deals by which I need only to pay it 60% of my alleged debt to them.

First Premier Bank isn't very bright. It has, quite arguably, by now spent more money on collection expenses re: me than I allegedly owe it.

Feb 01, 2010 5:43 pm EST

I have yet to experience any bad situations with First Premier Bank. I just got a card from them with the hopes of not having the bad experience you all have endured. But I will keep you posted.

Oct 04, 2009 1:47 am EDT

I too, have been absolutely RIPPED OFF by First Premier Bank on both my VISA and Mastercard. What they did to me was...they would LOSE my payments altogether, then charge me CRAZY late fees. Then they turned me over to four credit reporting agencies...then, more fees, more losing payments and not crediting them. These people are SO CROOKED...SO DECEITFUL...everyone should complain to the US Attorney General's office about them. If you will google the New York State vs First Premier Bank you will see that they lost that lawsuit and had to pay millions in retribution and refunds, so every state should get busy and sue their ### off.

Feb 24, 2009 12:18 pm EST

Read the terms and conditions before you apply. Its on all the sites and if you cant find them dont apply. Just some advice from someone who learned the hard way.

Dec 13, 2008 8:49 pm EST

Yeah, it does state clearly in the contract that a minimum payment is needed EVERY month...so that means every billing cycle you need to send in a payment. (I have been a Premier customer for 3 years). If you read the contract, it will tell you that.

That extra payment you made just reduced your balance but didn't count as a payment. This is so they can report you positively every month.

Actually, I don't know many credit cards that don't require a minimum payment every month unless the balance is at 0$.

Good luck! :)

2:49 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have horrible credit. I've been trying to pay off my outstanding debts and pay everything on time to improve my credit. While my credit was slightly getting better, it still wasn't good enough to get a normal credit card. I applied but none approved me...and then Premiere sent me an email saying they could work with me. My boyfriend was adamant about not...

3:50 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I are trying to rebuild our credit. We were stupid enough to apply for a Frist Premier Card. First, the $179.00 fee was not even mentioned in the application but I accepted it thinking that I will be able to rebuild my credit if I paid my dues on time. My first bill was for a minimum amount which my wife paid online. The due date was January...

4:21 am EDT

First Premier Bank - fraud and cheating

I rarely have used this card with a $250 yet I owe $368. Although I have paid this 250 over and over again. They charge this outrageous fee that is a made up they find a way that you then over your balance and they charge for an over balance fee. If you are close to your due date they wait to post your payment until it is late then a late fee. The late fee then puts your over the limit which is another 29.00.

I spoke to a representative on Friday not only was she very nasty but she could speak about a 25.00 charge that I made. In the conversation I mentioned that I paid 165.00 last week and I have a 17.00 available balance, she continuously mentioned that I used 25.00. What she didn't mention were 200.00 in fees that they have charged me. After the conversation I sent 106.00 which should have given me 123.00 available. I checked the available balance tonight I have an available balance of 6.00. At the very least where in the heck did the 11.00 go?

There strategy not only cost money but somehow gets reported on the report as late and over charged.

Dec 17, 2009 10:43 am EST

Do not apply for this card. Do not enter any information on their website at all. Once you do, even if you do not agree to the details and terms on the last page, they will send you a card anyway. They will activate the card. They will send you a bill for $179 just to open the card, even though you did not accept the final terms or activate the card yourself. Then, when you don’t pay the bill..because you have never used the card and cut it up and threw it in the trash, they will send you another statement with a late fee attached to the $179 fee. Now you have over a $200 balance on a card you never authorized. The statement says you have a $250 credit limit and you owe over $200 and you never even used this card! Do not pay the bill. Call them and cancel the card! Write the BBB about this! Call your congressman! This should be illegal! You should always have to call to activate a credit card! And, there should never be these kind of SKY HIGH FEES to try to establish some credit! This bank is a RIP-OFF! READ THE FINE PRINT!

First Premier Bank contacts