Fedex / additional charges several weeks later!

1 942 S. Shady Grove RdMemphis, TN, United States Review updated:

I recently shipped a book to a friend in Vietnam and was charged an outrageous price of around $70, I forget the exact amount, but that is not what this complaint is about. After several weeks my friend has still not received her package and now I receive a letter in the mail from FedEx telling me I owe them $66.37. No where in the letter did they explain where this magical number came from or why they think I owe them money. They just expect me to blindly pay whatever amount they claim I owe them without any reason or justification. I am so angry at FedEx that I will probably never use them as a shipping agent again, despite their proximity to my home and workplace. Their business has acted completely unethically in this matter. This is not a valid debt and I do not intend to pay it. If their employee made a mistake and failed to charge me the proper amount when he weighed the package (unlikely when the price is $70 for a book), then it is the employee's mistake and FedEx needs to resolve it. The thing that galls me the most though, is that FedEx didn't even have the courtesy to send me a letter saying there was a mistake, they just send me a bill and expect me to pay it.

Comments

• Ke
      4th of Apr, 2011

Some horrid candles, a gift from a well meaning American friend, were delivered as an Christmas gift last November. We did not ask for them, or order them or import them and were not informed in advance of delivery or, at the delivery, of any charges. In January a bill from Fedex arrived for £16.50 Import VAT plus their service charge £10, a total of £26.50. We rang them and told them we were not paying this as we played no part in the order or import. Their operator said 'it was up to us' which was the way we saw it and forgot about it. Long story short; after more demands and faxes and mails from us- none of which were answered- we now have a debt collection agency on to us.

Are they serious? That anyone can dump stuff on you unsolicited and then claim £26.50 a time from you?

I have a horrid feeling about this!