Menu
Home Other FedEx lying about attempted delivery

FedEx - lying about attempted delivery

F
Author of the complaint
3:03 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is ridiculous. I had some issues with Fedex and UPS before but this should be flat out illegal. I live in a residential complex with 8 building and a central office that closes at 6pm. They usually get all the Fedex and UPS packages for the resident.
I stayed home from work and never got a ring at the door, but upon checking the tracking it stated that the Delivery Exception occured. Customer was not present and Business Was closed! are you kidding me?
I went downstairs, there was NO door tag, and the office did not have my package.

When I called customer service they of course pretended to be stupid and claimed that the driver put in the notes that he was unable to reach anyone.. FLAT OUT LIES!

Perishable goods were shipped and I can kiss them goodbye because of this ### who was lazy to deliver.

HORRIBLE

Helpful? 17 3

More FedEx complaints & reviews

FedEx - poor service
FedEx - tuition reimbursement not paid out
FedEx - clearance delay
26 comments
Apr 20, 2022 3:03 pm

Why you drivers have to lie about the attempt delivery which you never make? Especially the package does not require a signature! The medication in the parcel is urgent for my family and it's sitting next your lazy [censored]!

4 0
Apr 16, 2022 3:03 pm

Liar liar pants on fire! They claim to attempted to deliver a large package( bike in a very big box) and what they did was deliver an item that was supposed to have been here yesterday, walked up, dropped in halfway to the door and drove off. No knock, and he definitely did not ring the Ring video doorbell.

View 0 more photos
R
Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm

I always have problems with fed ex saying business closed when I live in an apartment complex. I've called customer service and they repeat the same lines before they hang up on me. I assure you it'll be delivered by the end of the day. Bish, I'm telling you I was outside waiting when they supposedly attempted the second time, I was home the first time as well. I get the same sorry I assure you line. I assure you your driver's aren't worth a crap!

H
Mar 19, 2022 3:03 pm

This happens to me everytime the shipper picks fedex for their deliveries to be sent to me! I almost canceled this last order! My Narc camera captured them this time flying right past my house! Then I get a text saying I was not home? B/S. Then their "office lady" believes them but is going to do me a favor because I was not there!? Now I'm ANGRY.

K
Mar 10, 2022 3:03 pm

They did the same here. Just a bunch of liars. I was home and no attempt to even bring it out. Why not be honest and say they was just too damn lazy to bring it out. Sorry [censored], lazy [censored] people. Ridiculous!

1 0

I spent two hours on a three-way call with my pharmacy and Fedex about
Fedex continuing to deliver my insulin to my parcel pending box. And after all
the talking and me explaining to Fedex about my disability and why a box that is clearly marked PERISHABLE, REFRIGERATE, should be delivered to my front door. And how I now have an expensive box of Trulicity and Insulin that I can no longer use. My pharmacy sent out another box only to have Fedex once again deliver the box right into the hot parcel pending box. As I explained to Fedex, my husband and I are disabled and can't walk to the mailboxes. So, I had to bother a neighbor to drive me up to the parcel pending box to get my box of very expensive medicine. Who is truly the idiot? The recipients that
expect professionalism from the drivers who are getting paid to do a job. Or is the idiot the driver that
has no pride honor or professionalism in his job. And can't see how lucky he is to even have a job.
This is the age of just not caring and getting away with it.

4 0

I am disappointed. Tracking shows attempted delivery, closed or no one home on Oct 22-23, 2021 No tags were left, no evidence of attempted delivery on both skybell and seperate cctv (which captures both street, driveway and neighbors homes.) Available for pickup is indicated on tracking status but there is no paperwork (tag) to do so. Tracking [protected] and [protected]. Please help.

1 0

The same thing has happened to me several times. When I tracked the package it said, "Delivery attempted--no one at home" and like in your case, there was no paperwork left at my front door. I have two security cameras and there was no attempted delivery by anyone.

Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm

Out of three "attempted delivery" days, I was home for two. No delivery attempted! I sat by the bay window watching to be sure to catch the driver.
The third day, I checked my security camera (I was at the hospital with my mother) at the time "delivery attempted" but no one home, and there was no sign of a FedEx truck or driver. Actually, I checked the camera on the other two days...no driver, no truck, no attempted delivery.
I called customer service twice. Today I called and asked where I can pick up my package. I wasn't going to waste another day waiting for something that most likely wasn't going to happen.
I have yet to receive confirmation my package was transferred to the pick up location. I certainly hope my package wasn't lost.
I'm going to communicate to the sender the delivery issues I had and ask they use another agency.

Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm

I sat at home for two days waiting only to receive a text stating they attempted delivery. I called customer service twice, but no answers except they will attempt the following day.
I'm going to pick my package up tomorrow but have not received confirmation the package was transferred to this location.
I hope my package wasn't lost! I was told it would be sent back to the sender if not picked up after a few days.

Sep 09, 2021 3:03 pm

What is the use of tracking if it doesn’t reflect reality? I am home all day and have a perimeter video security system, so I know when a delivery attempt has been made. This business of misstating late deliveries as “attempted deliveries” has become common and is making FedEx seem unreliable!

B
Dec 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Multiple times I have experienced Fed Ex claiming delivery when it did not happen.
Once -- I was told that it is a common occurrence to bolster statisitics so that the driver/independent contractor looks better.
Happened again today -- claimed delivery to my front door while I was staring at it the entire day.
Very disappointing.

Dec 29, 2020 3:03 pm

But what can we do? I’m in your situation right now. My 15 year old son is literally waiting by the door all day.

E
Feb 05, 2019 3:03 pm

I consistently have this problem with FedEx. I work at home so I'm home all day long and the bell never rings, no knocks on the door; yet, "unable to deliver because business was closed or nobody available". The funny thing is that the last time it happened, the recorded time as 4:57. My wife just arrived home at that exact time and was standing in the driveway; but, nobody was available. I really feel like the drive decides he doesn't want to go out of his way so he can get done early. This is why I don't use FedEx. Unfortunately, others do so we have to put up with lies like this.

0 0

Exactly! I don't use FedEx anymore for the same reason but other people do and it's so frustrating! They lie to your face and they are very rude on the phone if you can get a live person. Why do people still use them? I have never had a problem with UPS or USPS.

T
Nov 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Package was reported "On truck, out for delivery Saturday." Was not delivered. Called, "Will be delivered Monday". Was not. Called will be delivered Tuesday by 8:00PM. Was not. Called, told "Driver attempted delivery but not one was at premises." Absolutely not true, outside lights on sitting near door.

R
Jul 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Got the same "exception" from N. Billerica, MA based FedEx ground contractor. A$$holes!

C
Mar 15, 2018 3:03 pm

dealing with this RIGHT NOW! good to know that this location has done this to many others before

Mar 07, 2018 3:03 pm

I waited on8/6/18 for my package a walker medical device that fexex stated would be delivered that day. I stayed home all day waiting for my package. I read a comment on tracking Delivery Exception occured. Customer was not present I was home all day I live in a senior citizen building . There is someone there 24/7 when a package comes the resident is called and the package is delivered to their apartment. The package was supposed to be delivered a 6:05 pm I was sitting here watching tv my wife was out in the hallway for over twenty minutes talking to a neighbor. They say a tag was put on the door if they did not or could not get into the building with out the receiptionish /security knowing there was no way to leave a door tag. Today the next day I am still waiting for my package like yesterday the tracking states on truck for delivery . It is 1 pm I know nothing I don't know if I will ever get my package. This is not fair something should be done heads should roll but nothing will be done UPS is so much better

P
Jun 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Same happened to me on line tracking showing Customer not available or business closed 6-2-17 607pm.
no slip left any doors, add when i review my home cameras no one came to my house that day they are liars,
payed a little more to get parts by 6-2-17 should have not wasted my money on fedex,
all other times the package would be left on front porch when they would actually show up.

P
Dec 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Same thing happened to me today. I was literally checking the status of my package on my Iphone as I looked out the window. The status changed to delivery exception AND THEN the fed ex truck pulled up. He didn't even arrive and he changed to delivery exception. Before I know it, without a ring of the bell much less even stepping out the truck he peels off. Ridiculous...

Nov 30, 2010 3:03 pm

the same thing happened to me today I sat home waiting for my package because I live in a apt complex too. Anyways my door buzzer is in the back not the front. UPS always come to the back door oh no not fedex...They left a note on the front door saying customer unavailable and business closed...if they would have went to the back I would have got my package..never will I mess with fed ex again

I
Sep 21, 2010 3:03 pm

No, stop wining (I think you meant whining by the way), you are the idiot. It is FedEx drivers' JOB to deliver packages not sit their lazy behinds in the truck and LIE about doing their jobs because they assume you are not home and therefore they will not get caught.

0 1
S
Jul 10, 2010 3:03 pm

u need to stop acting like fedex only dlvrs one pkg. ur one pkg does not revolve around fedex so chill

0 6
Jul 14, 2018 3:03 pm

You're the fn lazy [censored] delivery driver [censored]

5 0
S
Jul 10, 2010 3:03 pm

u act like fedex only procceses ur one pkg they dlvr millions of pkgs in one day stop acting like fedex revolves around ur one pkg hahaha idiot

0 101
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1207 complaints