FedExdelivery exception security delay

K

What do those words mean? This driver for Fedex attempted delivery for my sons package three times. Each time it states that it is a delivery exception security delays. My son is at a military base, thought the security check lines were too long and he could not deliver. I am beginning to think the guy does not know where to deliver. How long can this go on before they just send the package back. So upset. Don't know what to do. It says will attempt delivery the next day. I will call Fedex Customer Service and see what kind of explanation they will give me.Never again. Will go with UPS the next time.

• Fr
    Frank J. J. Jan 10, 2022

All my deliveries from Fedex in the past couple of months seem to get delayed because of a "location security delay". What is going on with Fedex in Pensacola?

• He
    Heather-Lynn Hogle Nov 11, 2021

Today...I watched fedex...pull up to my house...sit for 5 min.. chit chat wit each other..then drive off... well 4hrs later..I get a location security delay...huh... so if I wasn't home...and was working...I wud think.. oh wow..thanks fedex..for protecting my package... from theft... but I witnessed fedex..with my own eyes... I don't blame the driver... I think the package was never put on truck... for delivery... just be honest... tell me you messed up... I called to complain.. but nothing cud be done...🙃...huh.. jus wait for Tomorrow... unreal...

• Ed
    E Denny🇵🇦🇺🇸 Oct 19, 2021

Got a security delay notice at 6:11 pm . I’ve been home all day. No attempt was made. I saw the truck and driver earlier in the morning around 10 am. He made a delivery to my neighbor. Not sure why he could drop my package off. Every time I order something and the shipper uses Fed Ex there is a problem. They are the worst!

• Ih
    ihavenoname Jun 15, 2011

I for one hate fedex and if given a choice would always pick another company to deliver something. Fedex employees in this area are lazy. They wont bring things to the house, once they did but only because I filed a complaint a few weeks prior. They damage packages, leave them on the ground, leave them on neighbors porches, and mark packages in their system as being delivered when they havent been. I think fedex is a joke, at least in this area.

Not angry but even Jun 11, 2011

Fed Ex claims to not have delivered my package to my home yesterday due to security delay. They claim that they made an attempt. I was home all day waiting for the package. They made no attempt. When I spoke with them, they had no further information and provided no explanation. You will also note that the US Department of Justice is taking legal action against Fed Ex for improperly blaming security delays for late delivery of packages. (So much for your very critical and inaccurate reply to the original complaint Stealth Pilot. You might try knowing the facts prior to being ignorant and criticizing other's complaints.)

Comment Guidelines