Enterprise Rent-A-Car / damage claim + rental insurance
I had a car from ERAC for 13 days, which was nearly always parked in my drive way, parked rear in at work away from other cars, or parked at the end of the lot when out in public to avoid damage. Today I dropped off the car, with no issue. 6 Hours later I received a call from the ERAC in College Park, MD from Jeff stating they had the car and there was damage to the rear hatch below the window of a KIA Soul. He stated someone must have backed into me...Really Jeff? What type of vehicle can back in and hit a car 4 feet+ up and not do any other damage let alone a small crease. No problem he said, I had my rental coverage... Which I was told when I picked up the car would be $25. Not $25 a day, but $25. If I was told it would be $25 why in the world would I keep it (besides making sure I didn't get scammed on damages like the countless other people you can find on the Internet.
My issue is that this damage is bogus, and that I shouldn't have been charged $25 a day for this car. I was called one time over the entire 13 days with the car, despite the fact I originally took the car out for 1 day only. I wasn't called to be checked on before day 10, yet they found the time to authorize 6 holds on my credit account, 4 of which are over my limit (how does that work).
Watch out for this place, they are only out to take your money, not help you when you need it most.
More Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Car Rental - damage claim
- Enterprise Car Rental - odor in car 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Holdings - outrageous billing, false damage claims
- Enterprise Car Rental - wouldn't rent us a car