Enterprise Rent-A-Car / damage claim + rental insurance

College, Maryland, United States Review updated:

I had a car from ERAC for 13 days, which was nearly always parked in my drive way, parked rear in at work away from other cars, or parked at the end of the lot when out in public to avoid damage. Today I dropped off the car, with no issue. 6 Hours later I received a call from the ERAC in College Park, MD from Jeff stating they had the car and there was damage to the rear hatch below the window of a KIA Soul. He stated someone must have backed into me...Really Jeff? What type of vehicle can back in and hit a car 4 feet+ up and not do any other damage let alone a small crease. No problem he said, I had my rental coverage... Which I was told when I picked up the car would be $25. Not $25 a day, but $25. If I was told it would be $25 why in the world would I keep it (besides making sure I didn't get scammed on damages like the countless other people you can find on the Internet.

My issue is that this damage is bogus, and that I shouldn't have been charged $25 a day for this car. I was called one time over the entire 13 days with the car, despite the fact I originally took the car out for 1 day only. I wasn't called to be checked on before day 10, yet they found the time to authorize 6 holds on my credit account, 4 of which are over my limit (how does that work).

Watch out for this place, they are only out to take your money, not help you when you need it most.

Comments

• En
      21st of Mar, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email [protected]@enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #120321-002841 in the subject line.

Veronica
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Jw
      6th of Jun, 2012

I've got a similar situation right now. On a Jeep Patriot from Enterprise the muffler bracket had been damaged before I rented it. Nothing was visible because the tail pipe is tucked back under the bumper. I didn't have any accident or mishap of any kind. No off-roading or anything that could cause underbody damage. When I returned the vehicle I reported that there was a noise in the rear. The agent did a visual inspection and didn't see anything. Then I got a bill for $775.85 for damage. The tailpipe had been pushed up so far that it was melting the bumper.