Advantage Rent A Car Logo

Advantage Rent A Car

Having problems with Advantage Rent A Car?

Advantage Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 777 5500 (Reservations & Customer Service)
+1 407 888 0501 (Toll Violations)
+1 407 888 0508 (Risk/Claims)
+1 800 654 1111 (Roadside Assistance)
2003 McCoy Rd, Ste A
Orlando, Florida
United States - 32809-7893

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Advantage Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Advantage Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Advantage Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Advantage Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Advantage Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Advantage Rent A Carunethical behaviour/discrimination

I am not sure if this is the avenue to file a complaint: I am a civil service customer that was traveling to El-paso on business. reservation was made by my travel agency (SATO). I mention to Mr. Ignacio Elizondo the location manager that the business could end early and I might need to return the vehicle earlier. He told me he cannot honor the reservation because it was made for three weeks. I told him that I have not had any issues in the past, with returning a vehicle earlier, because of the nature of our business, it's hard to predict how long the mission will take, he insists he cannot honor the reservation because of the early return of the vehicle. I then stated to him that I will keep the vehicle the entire three weeks, he stated that if I did it will have to be with a full-size vehicle, since the reservation was for a full-size vehicle. As I stated earlier, I did not make the reservation, my travel agency did and since I am a lone traveler, they would never book me for a full-size vehicle. Mr. Elizondo seem to add more conditions that I must adhere to before he would rent to me. He stated that he was following Advantage policy. When I stated that I will adhere to one condition, he would then add another one. Was this policy being he did not want to rent to me? I reported this incident to SATO and they reserve me a vehicle at AVIS rent a car. I have never, after 15 years of traveling, encounter a situation like this, even when the compact vehicle was not available, the rental company would give an upgrade for the same cost. The travel agency makes our reservation, but I will inform them that I do not want to rent from Advantage anymore. I can be reached at [protected]

Mack Wilson
Logistic Management Specialist
LTPO

Advantage Rent A Car — car rental with advantage rent a car

9/29/18 Advantage Rent A Car Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport 1805 East Sky Harbor Circle...

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companyrent a car

He tenido una mala experiencia con Advantage Rent a Car, alquile un carro el 9/13/2018. El carro que alquile con uds tenia hormigas y en el transcurso del dia me picaron e hicieron heridas en mis pies ya que llevaba sandalias.
    No es la primera vez que he alquilado con uds. Nunca he tenido problemas, pero esta vez me ha causado muchas molestias.
    Adjunto las fotos de las picaduras de las hormigas en mis pies y además he estado con rinitis alergica todo el dia de hoy, por la suciedad del carro. Cuando entregue el vehiculo y le trate de explicar a la manager la sra. Lisa Marie lo sucedido, ella fue muy malcriada y me trato en muy mala forma, no entiendo como pueden tener managers que traten asi de mal a los clientes.

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companyethical behaviour

I was assign to work the lot at Hertz's on July 20, 2018 Philadelphia Pennsylvania i works for mls it's a subcontract that do work for Hertz's on above date I was involved in a accident that caused a scratch on a customer car, after reviewing the tape it was determined that I was not at fault and I was told to file incident report in which I did and after that I was told to go home. After further review of the incident report I noticed that's it had words in there that I didn't write, the words that was added in made me at fault. And cause of that I lose my first job right out of high school. And what she did was against law, you can not tamper with force anybody's signure, you can clearly see the two different in handwriting, I will like my job back or I will seek legal assistance. Tyriq Foman. The manager in question I only know her first name Carmen

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Company — staff

I rented a car with Hertz from the airport in St Croix on the 14th of June. When I left in the car I noticed...

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companyrental

I have been a HERTZ Member since 2011, I am a Presidential Circle Member and at the same time they treat me like I am doing them a favor by renting from them.

I currently had a reservation waiting on me to pick up a vehicle when I arrive at the airport, so I called to make sure everything goes as planned and come to find out its been canceled. I stated that they canceled the wrong reservation, but to avail did they try and help me all they had to say was that I'm sorry that location is sold out.

I am currently in one of their vehicles in another state, I asked if there was a way that they could have another vehicle sent to that location they stated that the best they could do was make another reservation at another location... DUH and how was I suppose to get to that location without a car. HERTZ has lost my Business this is not the 1st incident I've had with them... NEVER AGAIN.

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Company — car rental service

This place is the worst place I've ever encountered customer service and rental service. Matt the manager and...

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companycustomer service

#H36296595
          March 8, 2018
          On Feb 16th 2018
          My insurance company contacted hertz made a reservation for me to be pickup on 02/19/18 at 2:15pm. The Hertz employee was late picking me up he got to me around 2:45 p.m.in a four-door white Hyundai Accent. The Hyundai Accent that the Hertz employee pick me up in was very dirty. The floor was dirty, the inside was dirty it was food in the door, the seats were dirty that made me itch, he had his cell phone on his lap as he keep looking down at it while driving.. The front driver side bumper was damaged..
          I Call State Farm Insurance, voice my complain to a representative, she then called Hertz.. Who she spoke with I don't know next thing I knew I was in a full size 2016 Nissan Altima white 4-door.
          I did asked the Hertz employee was that the car I was taking, his reply was yes, I then asked him could I take something different due that car begin dirty and was in an accident, his reply was No and that he needed my Debit Card...(And there were plenty cars there). I was there from 3 32 about quarter to 4 before I call State Farm representative.. I didn't leave till almost 5 p.m.
          I have called 3 times spoke to two different Hertz's Representatives 1 gave me the wrong phone number, another told me someone will contact me about my complaint within 48 hours no one has ever contacted me. On march 8 2018 the last rep gave me the information to make a complaint. On March 8th 2018 I spoke to a supervisor at the downtown location of Hertz named Joe, as we are talking he ask me could he call me back or hold the line another cuatomer was there. As I was proceeding, I told Joe the exact same thing about the car being dirty, the employee picking me up late. His reply to me was since I was in a full size car I get charged the full size car amount of 20% and my insurance get charged the 80% his reply to me was since I was in a full size car, I get charged the full size car amount of 20% I feel I should have been charged the compact size amount that was requested on February 19th.. Hope this is not how Hertz do business with their partnership customers.

• Updated by Tracey Harris · Mar 08, 2018

Customer Service should be much better than this. State Farm was also contacted on March 8, 2018.

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companycharge for car damage caused not by me

Summary of the complaint:
            I was charged, probably by mistake, for 160 EURO for damage probably caused by somebody else. The charge for the "damage" was sent 35 days after the vehicle was returned and about 20 days after receiving the final rental charge (21 days after returning the car).

Facts:
            I rented a car from HERTZ in DEBRETZEN, Hungary, via the web site RENTALCARGROUP (or CAR TRAWLER site), for one day starting 4.9.2017.
            The total rental cost was $57.17, from which $13.44 direct pre-payment to CAR TRAWLER and the rest of the rental price of $43.73 (or 37 EURO) to be paid directly to HERTZ.
            I took the car on 4.9.2017 at 10:30 AM and returned it on 5.9.2017 at 10:20 AM with a full fuel tank and no new damage.
            At the time of receiving the car, a HERTZ representative was present, who filled the Check-In report and recorded the vehicle's kilometer counter and the current damages to the vehicle.
            On the date of return of the vehicle, there was no HERTZ representative to receive and inspect the vehicle and to fill-up the Check-out report, as it is customary and normal conduct when the car is returned at a normal working day and regular working hour. Therefore, the keys and vehicle documents were returned to the receptionist of the hotel in which the HERTZ agency is located and I parked the car in the hotel parking reserved for the HERTZ.
            On 26.9 my Credit Card was charged by HERTZ for 47.07 EURO as the final rental charge. Since the charge was too high, I submitted a complained to CAR TRAWLER, and on 10.10.2017 Hertz returned 10.01 EURO to my Credit Card.
            The "big surprise" was that on the same date HERTZ charged my Credit Card additional charge of 160 EURO, without supplying any reason or explanation.
            Only at 03.11, after complaining to Car Trawler, Hertz responded that the reason for the extra charge of 160EURO was the car damage cause by me.

The main reasons proving why the damage was not caused by me:

The documents sent by HERTZ (find attached the return report and car picture) reinforce my claim that the damage to the vehicle was caused after being leased to something else after me.
            • When I saw the photograph of the car sent to me from HERTZ, I immediately noticed that the car was not in the parking lot I had left it when returning it.
            • In the "Check out and Check in Report", one of the "Date" fields at the end of the report next to the inspector's signature is unclear and illegible, and other 2 Date field are not filled at all, which is suspect by itself.
            • The return time that appears in the return report is 10:08, which is earlier than 10:20, the time stamp in the card I received from the automatic machines when I entered the HERTZ parking lot (find it attached), which proves that the report was not filled on the day of return.
            • The charge for damage to the car was sent to me only after 35 days after the return of the vehicle, and only after 20 days after the final charge for the rental.
            The fact that I received from HERTZ the final account for the rental 15 days after the return of the vehicle without requiring extra payment for damage to the car proves that Hertz did not found any damage to the car caused during the period I rented it.
            Does it seem normal to discover so called damages to the car after such a long period of time?

Conclusions
            All the above arguments prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the damage to the car was not caused by me, but only after I returned it.
            I would like to point out that I am a pensioner of IBM, who had a Company rented car while working for IBM and who I used rented carr many times during my travels, including from HERTZ.
            The fact that I did not take care to photograph the vehicle at the time of the return was because I knew I was returning the car without any new damage I caused.
            I did not find it necessary to take care of proof, especially when I trusted the integrity of a large and respected company like HERTZ.
            Sorry to mention that Hertz at Debrecen Hungary failed in providing service level according to the company high standards, because no HERTZ representative was present to receive and inspect the returned vehicle at 5 of Sept. at 10:30AM, at a normal and regular day and hour of work.

HERTZ has all the documents to perform an objective check to see when the vehicle was rented again after I returned it and who is responsible for causing the damage.

In any case, I am willing to be tested by polygraph on the truth of my version, provided that HERTZ pays for the test if the test will find that I am right.

Thanks in advance for your investigation,

A. Feuerstein
            [protected]@013.net
            phone [protected]

I can't send the files I want to attach because they are TIF and PDF files, formats that you are not accepting.
            Please send me your Email to send you the attachments.
            Thanks

• Updated by אברהם פיירשטיין · Nov 27, 2017

Please send me your Email to send you the attachments.
                Thanks

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companynot taking my bank card which is a debit mastercard

I reserved a rental car from mayfield ky hertz rental DC auto sales after we get there they tell us that they don't except a debit MasterCard connected to a bank all I can say is y'all missed out because my card has over a million dollars on it and if I was going to buy the car and another one so your loss hertz will be blasted on social media y'all missed out

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companycar rental

I have rented from Hertz a couple times and I get a discount with Goodlife Fitness. It seems that the last couple times I had my discount taken away for what I think is silly. I have a credit card and my room mate is linked to it, when I booked on line I got a discount, but when I got there I had to use my roommates card as he was driving and you guessed it discount gone.
                I was also told by one of your employees that in order to get the goodlife discount I had to just scan my card when I picked up the car and yup you guessed it does not work like that.
                I run marathons all over Canada and the US every weekend I rent cars. It is very frustrating that Hertz does not want my business and I am letting you know because when I fly in most times I do not have time to play these games so I am taking my business else where may cost more, but my time is valuable and I don't mine to spend the extra to be treated good.

It would be nice to get a response

Lorie Alexander
                Lorie.[protected]@goodlifefitness.com

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companyrude customer service on the phone and at the #8,

I received a call from Brian's Precision Body and Paint shop regarding the State farm insurance claim on my 2015 Honda Accord. After which I spoke with the Hertz employee by the name of Marcus at 3541 Stone Mountain Hwy, during my conversation with Marcus he was very disrespectful in his tone as I was trying to locate the correct address and phone number for Brian's shop. He was on speaker and my adult daughter was here to assist me with getting to drop off of my auto heard the whole conversation. In his rudeness I told him I would call him back when I found the number. We called back from 3 different phone numbers, but was unable to get ANYONE answer the phone with that we went directly to body shop. Bruce's body shop called Hertz, expressing her concern for their last 5 customers picks response waiting times. Bruce's was able to get a Lyft pick up to hertz location, upon arrival there I ask was Marcus available and was told by David he was not there now. When I produced 2 picture ID's one being my GA DL and picture permit ID and handed my Chase Visa for my portion of the rental that State Farm isn't covering. David handed me my picture permit ID back, saying that the credit card was the other form of ID needed. It was then That I stated my Chase Visa is NOT a form of ID, he stated here it would be very nasty. Then stated to me in the presents of my 43 year old daughter, that I had been insulting when I said how rude Marcus had been and that if he was so unhappy with his job he may need to further his education and find another more satisfying job. From that my daughter tried to explain how upsetting Marcus was to her mother, and that was what I was merely expressing that point. David continued to be short of antagonizing the WHOLE BAD experience with Hertz. It was at the counter that I even learned there would be an additional charge of $50.00 that I had Not been made a ware of prior to, with this experience being my 1st and last back to Enterprise we will go for now on and share this experience on social media regarding this location, just a short block from Enterprise I would have preferred at this point. Excellent customer service in my own community is highly expected. Not someone telling you I'm just trying to get you in a car and get you out of here isn't excellent customer services in my book, a retired Flight Attendant!!

• Po
                      pobarjenkins Nov 01, 2017

"I had been insulting when I said how rude Marcus had been and that if he was so unhappy with his job he may need to further his education and find another more satisfying job."

I hope you understand that this truly was a rude thing to say and would offend many people. Even when receiving poor customer service it's important not to insult others.

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companydid not get a car even it was reserved 2 weeks before trip started

I bought my son honeymoon vacation to Maui, Hawaii so i ordered him everything he would need there including car rental from Hertz. When they arrived to Maui they went to Hertz to get their car. They were waiting in line for almost an hour and after all company refused to give them a car saying that it was ordered on his wife name and she did not have money on her credit card. My son offered them his credit card or cash instead but they refused to take them. After all they have to get a taxi which cost them $100 to get to hotel. Both, my son and his wife were so upset, stresed and tire that they have to go to their room and go to sleep instead of enjoining their honeymoon. First day was waist for nothing. Next day they went to Budget and get a car without any problem and it took only 10 min. Because of all stress they have to go, they missed another activity i bought for them and I lost another $208.00.

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz CompanyCar rental

After doing all of my research and speaking with the agent (s) from AAA, the Hertz representative, the manager of Hertz, if was brought to my attention that a $200 deposit plus the amount of the rental will be held on my MAJOR Credit card. This behavior NORMALLY occurs when you use a debit card, BUT according to Hertz they run a inquiry "credit check" to see if they will rent to you!! Really!👀 Only to say this is a way to racially profile you in a predominantly African American community! Because no one out of 5 phone call nor on the reservation identified that a $200 deposit was needed with a credit card. Now that we have credit cards and no longer need a debit card "the goal post is moved!! Go figure

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companyhertz

This is the first time using Hertz/rental car service. I searched and searched for a good deal. Once we arrived in Seattle to pick up the car. They said we cannot use my mom's credit card since she is not the driver. The original price on my first reservation is $398.74. Since we cannot use my mom's card my husband needed to use his due to he's the driver. The price doubled to $678.65. My husband does not know how to negotiate. Hertz part they should have at least tried to price match from the original reservation. If only I knew that the price doubled I would've talked to the person that front-desk person. Since it's really late and we need to go and more people waiting in -line I just let it go. To be honest that's not a very good customer service. What's the point of trying to get the best deal and then you end up getting the double price for it just because we needed to use a different credit card. I think it's bull crap that they did that. Not very happy with Hertz not only when I called regarding the confirmation they couldn't even find my reservation and the confirmation came from them. We will not use them again. Bad Experience!

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companypoor customer service

Hello my compliant with this location at the convention center located in Baltimore. My main compliant is a lack of good customer service trying to rent a vehicle due to a accident this has been a nightmare, my first bad experience was the miscommunication with my bank card didn't have my name due to a lost card so they gave me an instant card without my name displayed on it until my new card came in the mail, which i understood but the hold time on the phone was the worst 10 minutes or more without someone coming back to say that they have not forgotten you would be very appreciative . Not trying to make a stink about this, but when dealing with customer service people should always treat others they way they would like to be treated

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Companycar rental handling

My AAA auto insurance agency uses Hertz as a preferred car rental company & my policy with them includes car rental coverage. Upon AAA's recommendation, on 4/20/17, I called Hertz Colonial Heights Virginia location at [protected] & spoke to Derrick about reserving a car while mine was in the shop. Derrick took all information & gave me confirmation #[protected]. He told me I was set up for a rental and to call them 10-15 minutes before I arrived at the auto shop for my appointment on Monday, 4/24/17. Derrick said they would pick me up there and get me the rental car. When I called this morning (4/24/17), Derrick said they had no rental available. He said that this was an insurance rental & that paying customers and companies had preference over insurance rentals & no vehicles were available for me. He also said even if he had a car his driver was on vacation so no one could pick me up. I advised him I had a reservation # and that should mean that a car was reserved in my name. He said that was not the case & he had no car for me. He said he would call their Midlothian Virginia Hertz location to see if they had one and call me back within 5 minutes. He never called. I was stranded more than 20 miles from my home with no ride. I will NEVER recommend Hertz to anyone & will actively tell others about their horrible, lousy service.

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Company — Security deposit

Priceline Trip Number: [protected] At the hertz location in Laguardia a $200 was taken from my account on...

Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz CompanyNot allowed to rent when randy said it would be fine

My son and I called Hertz to make sure that he could rent a car. He is a college student, 28 years old, traveling from Virginia to Colorado. I called the customer service number and spoke to Randy at the Durango, Colorado Hertz Rental Cars at the airport. My son has $4000 in the bank and a perfect driving record, no accidents, no tickets. Randy said they would pull is credit report and I asked if they would still rent him a car even though his credit report is in the low 600's and Randy said no problem. Today he is at the airport and trying to rent a car and the lady at the desk and the MANAGER (Randy is off during the weekends), denied him the rental due to his CREDIT REPORT. I don't understand, what does a credit report have to do with anything anyway. He's got the money and a perfect driving record...I am so upset because Randy said it would be OK and now him ad his girlfriend are stuck at the airport. Randy said it would be OK...now what are they to do...and to top it off nobody works on the weekends that I can talk to. I use to rent with Hertz all the time because the company I worked for did. NOT ANY MORE!!! Today is 3/4/2017 at 5:15 EST and my son is miles and miles away from Virginia and I can't help him...you all (and Randy) really have made me very upset.

Advantage Car Rental — False Advertisement Price

I've made a reservation on ​​carrentals.com 14th December 2015 of a car of $ 18 per day ( as showed below...