[Resolved] Empire Today / mohawk laminate flooring
· July 2016 - 1700 Sq. feet Mohawk Laminate Flooring installed through Empire Flooring for $16K
Ø 1-year installation warranty
Ø Lifetime product warranty
· Within 3-6 months of installation started having issues with the floors
Ø Boards separating
Ø Boards lifting up from each other
Ø Laminate peeling off - some small/some big chunks
· Filed a claim with Empire Flooring in June 2017
· Decision could be:
Ø Product defect
Ø Installation defect
Ø Site defect (our fault)
· Floors inspected 3 times over the next 8 months
Ø 2 inspectors through Empire Flooring
Ø 1 inspector paid for by Mohawk Flooring
· Empire Flooring submitted claims to Mohawk Flooring twice (2)
Ø Mohawk Flooring rejected both claims stating it was site defect (aka our fault)
· I asked to see the Mohawk Flooring's inspectors report
Ø Was told no by Empire Flooring - Per Mohawk Flooring "I didn't pay for the inspector therefore I had no right to see the report"
· Empire decided they would pull up all the flooring, replace only the damaged boards and relay all 1700sq feet of flooring at no cost to us
· Replacement of damaged boards began earlier this month - February 2018
· Installers did not pull up all the flooring as I was told by Empire Flooring
· Installers missed areas where boards were still damaged
· Boards that were replaced had laminate peeling off the same day as the reinstall
· Called Empire Flooring and informed them of this
· I told Empire Flooring the flooring was defective, I wanted all the flooring removed and replaced with different flooring
· Empire Flooring came back and said no - that's all they could do - they've already gone above and beyond the call of duty by replacing the damaged boards at no cost to us
· Empire Flooring said I could pick different flooring and have it installed at an "up cost" to us
· I told Empire Flooring "you're replacing defective flooring with defective flooring"
· I also told Empire Flooring I was going to contact the Colorado Attorney General, Consumer Protection Agency and an attorney
· After researching Mohawk Flooring I realized I am 1 of many consumers who feel that they were sold defective flooring but that Mohawk always lays the blame on the customer
To this very day, we have flooring where boards are lifting up from each other and laminate peeling off in small and big chunks.
I will be contacting the Colorado Attorney General, Consumer Protection Agency and an attorney.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jun 22, 2018
We're disappointed to hear that your laminate floor has not been meeting your expectations. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you soon.
More Empire Today Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Empire Carpet - Fraudulent quote! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - steer clear of empire today! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - price deception! 
- Empire Today - cost of quote 
- Empire Today - carpet insulation
- Empire Today - flooring 
- Empire Today - carpet installation and damaged tile 
- Empire Today - window treatment repair
- Empire Today - product and service