[Resolved] Empire Today / carpet

1 Inwood, IA, United States Review updated:

I ordered carpet for my living room on Aug 8. My card was charged full amount on Aug 7. Original install was for Aug 8, they rescheduled Aug 9. My carpet and pad were removed and new pad installed. However the new carpet was damaged and they could not install. I was told they would return next day with new carpet. In the meantime they laid the damaged carpet down so my pets would not be injured on the exposed spikes. Did not hear from them till I called that evening, I was told they were out of my carpet and more would be in Aug 13 and they would install Aug 14. After numerous calls to them on Aug 13, I was informed they did not have carpet for me.
It is now Aug 16, they have had my full payment and I still do not have installed carpet. They do not call me, I try to call them and get nowhere since I have not been able to contact the warehouse or the install manager servicing my area. Part of my living room furniture is still spread in my kitchen and dining room. I had to cut away the existing damaged carpet to get into my laundry room since it was not actually installed, just laid there and was blocking the door.
I am done dealing with this, I want a total refund and my order canceled. However the main number supervisor could not help me with that, he said I would have to deal with the local office, and these are the people I cannot get on the phone in the first place.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Aug 16, 2018

Deborah, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to learn more.

Dl
Aug 16, 2018

Comments

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2018

They like to pass the buck. I feel like they do not really care about their customers which is unfortunate.