Menu
Lumber Liquidators
reviews & complaints

Lumber Liquidators
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

79 complaints
25 resolved 54 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lumber Liquidators. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
R
6:16 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Had my floors replaced in my living room...We were charged $4,553.26 . Invoice date September 26,2020. Job was supposed to have been engineered wood ...oh boy,,,first they installed two different versions.plus the floor by the sink and the rear door got molded from inapprpriate installation.what ever bearing we had to protect water damage was removed by...

I
10:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On July/10/2021 we paid a total of 7, 361.64 USD to Lumber Liquidators. This included 1, 483.04 SpFt, extra pad and installation. When I consulted with them I informed them about my life style and what I was looking for. I had LVP before and I wanted something durable that could handle 3 dogs and traffic of a household of four, mind you we are only home at...

11:38 am EDT

Lumber Liquidators - New laminate flooring

I bot a house in told w floating floor so I cldnt buy what a wanted (hardwood), laminate cost me $12000., after signing w payment after 6 tripods frm boston to cape to get anything answers i'm told I now must prep my floors, im a 65 yr woman alone wtf is that mean, shldv informed me of all those prior to paying, I ripped up carpet tacks as best now told I must remove the kitchen tiles that ll do not do prep wrk, what do they do butt sit at a computer? I paid astronomical floor price & was forced to pay for it's delivery bcoz I cldnt pick up the order & I don't own a truck plus ll charged me a fee for getting the floors to my house, I did all but cutdown the damn trees down, they just called I need to pick up 4 bags of leveler for my floors 2b done? Why can't they deliver wen coming too so floor, what do ll employees do besides sit at a computer give orders, shame on this company & it's lazy employees

Desired outcome: I like a response from LL manager

T
11:29 am EDT

Lumber Liquidators - HD Flooring

Good Morning,

I am writing to you because I have several issues with my experience with Lumber Liquidators. One problem was the lack of knowledge your staff has regarding products, secondly the website functions and lastly is the product. I realize that there are many products and without exact examples it is difficult for you to understand; which brings me to my first issue.

The customer login from your site is wonderful. Stores information, ease of use to check out, etc. NO. IT's. NOT. I have logged in several times to review the order history to be able to identify the specific product I purchased and the entire "order history" section is blank. Well, I have ordered from LL twice. Once for a home in Florence, KY and another time for a home in Owenton, KY, there should be information available for those two purchases.

This email is regarding the experience with my second LL purchase. I was purchasing flooring for an entire (small) home. I walked into the store and looked around. I then asked the salesman for some assistance. You see, about 8 years ago I rescued a dog which led to my philanthropy cause - animal rescue. I explained to the salesman that I foster many dogs, puppies, seniors, etc. I have crates, toys, bones, dog accidents, and anything else that comes along with animal rescue/ownership. I emphasized that I needed flooring that could handle this type of activity. He referred me to a product - I was confident that he knew his job, was educated, and would lead me to a good purchase. I was also reassured that this flooring came with a 30 year warranty (which is ever so misleading), and the wear and tear wouldn't be an issue.

Bringing me to my final issue of complaint. The quality of this product is subpar. From about 8 months on I started noticing buckling, followed by peeling, and now divots. The floors were beautiful, complemented by everyone who walked through the door, but now...they look like trash. Initially, I would tell everyone the make (after I found it on the receipt) and encourage them to give it a look. Now, I am embarrassed that anyone would take my advice on this flooring.

If I remember right I purchased over 900 sq. ft. of this flooring. The bedrooms are still decent, only because they don't get much traffic ( the spare room is only used for visitors and my grandson) but the flooring in the main living areas and the hallway are impossible to clean and look terrible. Some of the boards are so bowed that they seem to create a pocket.

I would appreciate some assistance in rectifying this matter. I would like to continue to be a customer, but cannot if this is the way that business is done at LL. I have sent one previous email some time ago and never received a response. I would appreciate a response to this inquiry.

Christine Vickers
2445 Jonesville Road
Owenton, KY 40359

Desired outcome: Replacement

G
3:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First, the floor was installed by LL Flooring in August 2020. Second, I told the salesperson I have dogs and live directly on the water (Texas Gulf Coast). It is very humid here year round. The salesperson DIRECTED ME TO THIS PRODUCT. After installation, I noticed small dents throughout the "new" floor. After one week, I noticed scratches from my dog...

S
12:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My flooring was in for less than a year when it started to buckle in at least three different places, in three different rooms. I have called and emailed Lumber Liquidators and was assigned a customer service person. She keeps making promises and is supposedly working on the issue but is no longer returning my calls or emails. It's been 5 months, now when I...

J
7:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I purchased 143sq. ft. or solid hardwood flooring (unfinished) from your store in Van Nuys #259. The sales rep was very nice and helpful. I picked the wood up from your Santa Clarita store. My hardwood guy refused to install it because the wood I received had rot and termites. My husband took a few samples to the store in Van Nuys. The same sales rep...

I
4:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I would like to file an official complaint with your office due to Lumber Liquidator's faulty installation of my flooring, costing me 11,527.83 plus almost a year of agony going back and forth, first with their sales office, then with the installation team and finally with their so-called "Customer Care" office. Our ordeal began in October of last year...

10:59 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lumber Liquidators - Coretec rigid core vinyl plank flooring not refinish, and warranty is a scam

The warranty is a scam, I bought core vinyl plank flooring, and after 2 weeks the tile starts to plank out of the floor, the finishing around the tile it is to short and not click very good. we notified lumber liquidator and I dint know they give the same story to everyone who called (send 10 pictures or more and we will call after 48 well
After 48 h they email me that they don't receive the pictures etccc... just give you heads up my floor is only 30 day old, and I know already their answer... no warranty apply on that, because they do the same with every customer that complain 1-week pass and nothing yet... keep you posted, thank you... and yes we bought a vinyl plank that was advertised as a highest quality product with life warranty.

Update by Meghy
Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm EDT

well because no one answer ... that what she send me after >>>Attached is the recommended certified flooring inspectors. You can select other companies, but the inspector must be certified and the company registered with the NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association).

As mentioned, if the inspection should come back as any issues with the product itself, please reach out to me with a copy of their report. We will not only refund you the cost of the inspection, we will honor the warranty with a store credit.

Diane | Customer Engagement Specialist
LL Flooring, Inc. | 5211 W. Broad Street Suite 200 | Richmond, VA 23230
[protected] ext. 2340 | press option 5 and #2340
[email protected]| Fax: [protected]
always in the phone call she was ubset me and twest my words .. well i call the NWFA and this the answer

The cost of your inspection will be $495.00 for a NON-NWFA certified inspector and $2, 200 for an NWFA certified inspector. Once the report is submitted to us, it will be REVIEWED by NWFA inspectors. [The quote is for approximately 500 sq. ft. of laminate floor in Utica, NY 13502.]

We do require that the total amount is charged to your credit card prior to the inspection date. Should you decide to pay by cashier’s check or money order, we will need to receive the payment in full before the inspection is performed.

Once the inspection is closed, we will send you a link to our website with login and password information. You can then print the full report along with pictures. You will also be able to access the evidence section, which may contain any necessary industry documentation.

Attached you will find a request form and credit card authorization form. Please fill these out as completely as possible. If an item does not apply, please mark it NA.

Please note that there may be a $25.00 cancellation fee applied to your credit card should you decide to cancel this inspection.

If necessary A $75-$150 TRIP/NO-SHOW FEE will be applied to YOUR CREDIT CARD if no one is AT THE given ADDRESS FOR THE SCHEDULED INSPECTION DATE.

This quote is valid for 30 days.

We are available, toll-free at [protected] from 9:00 am until 5:30 pm (EST) to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
sooo becarfull before you buy from Lumber liquidator

Update by Meghy
Aug 26, 2020 12:09 pm EDT

after many phone call, i recived...this (I have received your photos and will be in contact with you in the next few days. 0

Regards,

Diane | Customer Engagement Specialist
LL Flooring, Inc. | 5211 W. Broad Street Suite 200 | Richmond, VA 23230
[protected] ext. 2340 | press option 5 and #2340 [email protected]| Fax: [protected]

W
3:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased products for new house 5000 sq foot home we have just opened the last of the boxes for the final stage of the new home building and found 20 boxes of flooring defective, One side had the male floor area and the opposite side has no female adaptation to connect the 2 — Lumber liquidators will not even respond to my phone inquires. WORST service...

S
12:14 pm EST

Lumber Liquidators - most horrible customer care and online website failure

I had made an online order and when I failed to get a confirmation order email from them, I called customer care. It seems they have a problem with online orders and you don't get to see charges in your account until later. I had to pay my contractor for wasting an entire day without understanding whether to make another purchase or not. Customer care was very unhelpful and she was so rude telling me she did not understand what inconveniences I had to go through. I had wasted 2 days with this wasted company and they did not offer to give any discount for all the trouble I had to go through only to deal with their existing online orders.

D
9:34 pm EDT

Lumber Liquidators - floor panels separated

Client #5374148

Liquid Liquidator installed floors in my mom's house in the hallway, closets, kitchen & laundry room on 9/23/2017.There are two areas one in the kitchen and in hallway where the floor panel is separate and need to be replaced. Called the company in March to report the problem. My sister that lives in another city paid for the work to be done & the company was supposed to put the account in my name because my mother is in hospice here at her house and I lived with my mother, found out the information was still in my sister name. Rep took my information & said my sister had to called to give permission for them to talked to me. This was done. On April 1, a representative(Anna) email my sister instead of me, the company had my email on on how to proceed with the claim. Information was sent on 4/9/19 & the email sent to my sister saying that once the information & pics sent someone will contact me with 48 hrs. I waited passed 48 hrs.no one called, tried to get in touch with the rep that was assigned to my claim, never was able to talked to her, always talked to someone else that said they would send her message. Days passed never heard from her, called back & asked to speak to a supervisor, was told they were in a meeting, rep said they would forward the message, someone will contact me with 48 hrs. The next day the rep email my sister, not me & said they received my info & my case was forwarded to another rep, Aaron. Aaron called my sister and the questions he asked her she couldn't answer, she gave him my info and he called left a message. I called back and left a detail message, days passed and no one called. Called the company again, asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told they was
in a meeting and will contact me. I told them that I would report them to the Better Business Bureau if no one contact me. No one as contact as of today or the Better Business Bureau. I just want my floor fixed. I am very disappointed on how this matter is being handle.

C
2:20 pm EDT

Lumber Liquidators - lumber liquidators - salem, va = installation nightmare

Materials not available as promised. Installers not given correct information. Tore up living room and bathroom and broken bathroom toilet valve, causing me to have to turn off water so they could work - they left after tearing up most of carpeting, leaving holes and no flooring in living room, hall and bathroom. I AM DISABLED and this put me in a dangerous situation. Took almost a week for them to return and then they didn't do the bathroom. Refund for undone work never received, though promised. Bathroom still not done. Repeated calls attempting to get work accomplished wasted my time, energy and frustration. NEED REFUND - AND APOLOGY. NOW. If I don't hear something within ten days, I will notify the local TV station.

SEE LETTER SENT MAY 18 TO BOTH LOCAL OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE - NEVER RECEIVED REPLY, REFUND OR APOLOGY.

Kathleen M. Harvey
1018 Brake Road
Lot 41
Elliston, VA

Lumber Liquidators at 366 Apperson Drive, Salem, VA 24153

T
10:38 am EDT

Lumber Liquidators - I am complaining about the warranty and the installation of my vinyl plank flooring.

The flooring and install of my flooring which cost nearly$9000 was not completed to my satisfaction. The first thing they did was put a transition in between the kitchen and living room which is an open concept. They never explained that we needed any transitions, which was the main reason I didn't go with laminate. There's a hump in the master bedroom floor that is completely noticable. I am still under my install warranty and I just received a call from Lumber liquidators and they informed me that I was responsible for the costs of the supplies which are more than$1000 to fix the floor that the installers messed up to begin with.

J
2:12 pm EDT

Lumber Liquidators - tranquility holsclaw hill beech flooring

hello I just want to tell you that this product is garbage it has been down for about a year now and all the but ends ( seams ) are coming apart I have to go around and kick them back tighter I did 2 bed rooms / bathroom / closets / foyer /kitchen and living room with this flooring and I wish I did not what a bunch of crap cost me a few grand now I have to tear it up and put down a new floor

L
10:54 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Modesto CA store arranged to come out and have my house measured. We were told they would contact us shortly with how much it would cost. We never heard another word from them. 3 weeks go by, and we were forced to go to a competitor for our flooring. Fast forward a month and I get a 3rd party collections notice from your store billing me for services I...

K
1:25 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

15 Feb 2017 I purchased the flooring and installation from lumber Liquidators. The flooring was installed approximately one month later after the wood had a chance to acclimate. 27 Dec 2017 I filed a warranty claim due to some boards splintering (25 or so, it is now closer to 50). I was contacted via email relatively quickly assuring me that it would be...

2:00 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Buster, the contractor Lumber Liquodator put on our floor install is AWFUL! The floors were install May 11-12! He ordered the wrong transition pieces and the job in Still not finished as of today, May 24. He is an AWFUL communicator! I have had to text him Daily and call the Trussville office as he will not return my calls or texts. This has been going on...

L
9:35 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have not received the credits noted below and I'm constantly going back and forth with your Customer care. This is the worst service ever. I'm not sure if your reps just don't read the full emails and answer blindly. From: Lumber Liquidators Customer Care Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:18 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Problems With My Order...

D
12:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My hubby & I purchased some rather pricey solid Hickory wood for our 2nd floor hallway in November 2015. BAD experience from day 1!! LL offered to install it for us initially quoting approx. $600 due to small size of project. When we had them come look at scope and provide written estimate, new quote was over $2, 000 to install! Please note, it took us 4...

Lumber Liquidators contacts