Dollar Tree Inc. / customer treatment from manager

Poulsbo, WA, US Review updated:

I was checking out with a wonderful cashier and handed her a 100 dollar bill to pay for my many items that filled my cart. I was excited to decorate for christmas and get some random little household necessities. Another woman walked up, I assume the manager, and began talking to the cashier. The cashier had previously warned me she may or may not be able to break the 100. I was very much ready to change my form of pay if she unable to do so. However, as soon as she accepted my 100, the manager noticed and asked the cashier if she could break it. She said 'I think so'. Then, the manager stumbled on her words a bit and angeily looked at me and said they cannot break it. She repeated herself when I looked confused, heightening her tone in her voice. I politely told her the cashier thought she could. The till was still unopened. In fact during my entire experience, it was never opened. She rudely told me they could not break it and gave me a disgusted look. I was very much struck by her negative mood and decided that in no way I wanted to spend my money at this store with her running it in that way. I apologized to the cashier a few times knowing that she had just wasted her time and I truly felt bad. However, the way the manager dealt with me was uncalled for and quite ridiculous! She never once checked the till and also, never even apologized, spoke nicely, or asked for another form of payment.

Lh
Nov 25, 2016

Comments

• Mi
      Nov 26, 2016

The manager sounds like she needs to chill!