Direc TV Bad Services And Cheating On Contract / be careful, they will trick you

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I have been a directv customer for 10 years. Last year, I dropped this service since the price jumpped too high. After two months, DirecTV sent me an offer said I can get very good price as a welcome back offer. I called and DirecTV customer service signed me up. I asked if I will be treat as a new customer, they said no. I don't have to have the contract like I had before(stay for two years). However, I got very bad service after it is reinstalled and I didn't get rebate as they promised. Today, I decided to called them to stop directv service. However, they told me that I have signed the contract to stay with it. Otherwise, I have to pay $490 fee. I asked them to show me the contract. They said they have it, but they don't have to show it to me.

That's how I get treated in DIRECTV...
Just want to make other people don't get the same trouble. Be careful. It might bite you very hard...

Comments

24th of Feb, 2011

I very much agree. I signed with Directv during one of their summer deal campaigns for $30/month with additional $10 for HD programming. I repeatedly asked agent to confirm the length of the contract and it was for one year. In the first and second month, they charged me more that $65 saying my rebate had not kicked in, this not withstanding the fact I'd stayed with the first agent for almost two hours to get that rebate thing completed online. Subsequently, on looking at the fine print in one of their bills, I was supposedly signed on for a two year contract. I almost lost it, I hadn't gone with Dish Network specifically because of their two year contract. Also, I'd talked to two of my friends who had Directv on 1yr contracts. I called customer service who escalated it to their manager - in the end, they told me I'd be charged more than $400 for breach of contract if I decided to end the service. The issue is still in dispute. For on, I think this is fraudulent marketing practices and I'm pursuing all my options. I'd never sign an agreement with these highway robbers again.