Menu

complaints

Sling TV Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
153 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Sling TV with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Sling TV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Sling TV. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Sling TV complaints 154

Sort by:

Newest Sling TV complaints

E
5:21 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was charged for a month that I didn't use the service. I called the phone number listed for customer service and it went directly to a service called Just Answer. They were not able to provide any customer service assistance such as cancelling and refunds. They could not even provide me with an actual costumer service phone number for Sling and I wa...

11:42 am EST

Sling TV No refund

I sign up on 01/03/2024 by 01/08/2024 I cancelled the service and requested

a refund. I chatted with their representative Andy who stated that the company does not givve any refund since there are a prepaid service. I stated that no where on their website stated that there is no refund. I understand their situation, but if you cancel within 7 days, a refund should be allowed. The reprentative said he would let management know and added a laughing emoji, as if, nothing would be accomplished. I felt mocked and then when I told he should not use an emoji , he quickly finished our conversation.

Claimed loss: $58.28

Desired outcome: Refund

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Sling TV representatives only. If you are affiliated with Sling TV, please claim your business to access these details.

G
4:59 pm EST

Sling TV Refund my money

I have been charged 27.50 for a service I did not sign up for. On dec 30 I notice a free site to sling and signed up for 1 hr 7 min and proceeded to cancel. In checking my bank sling have charged me 27.50 for their service. If this was a different promotion it occured at the same time and I was not notified. I have talked to agents at their help center twice with no restution and thereby will file a claim with my bank. Sling does not have a restution for this situation. They cannot tell me any other co or persons to speak to.

Claimed loss: $27.50 1hr 7mn

4:20 pm EST

Sling TV Blue subscription

I was trying to setup a subscription to sling using a gift card of $40 dollars and an agent took my information and the gift card pin and said I was good to go and my account was active. I have been trying to sign in but I'm redirected to the subscription page again and again.

Now the gift card I purchased at Kroger's is null and void and worthless and I still have no subscription to sling tv and I 'am out of $40

Claimed loss: $40 gift card purchase I have receipt from Kroger's for proof of purchase.And No $40 dollar subscription

Desired outcome: Refund of purchase price of $40 dollar gift card,

12:10 am EDT

Sling TV Sling TV

Terrible service. We were charged $158 and we were told it was an accident and our money would be returned immediately. 3 weeks later and we still have not received our money. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I called again and they said they are still evaluating. Still evaluating their mistake and taking our money. Interesting choice of words. Plenty of other services out there, don’t ever give them your credit card or they will accidentally charge you however much they feel like and will not return it.

Claimed loss: $158

Desired outcome: Refund for $158 and cancel service

N
6:19 pm EDT

Sling TV Guide is useless

The Ai lead guide now shows channel you are wanting to watch, then It is looking for what commercials it can shove on your screen as well channels at times are not aligned with the program you want to watch I have seen it off by five or more channels. The other concerns are it is also on home screen not only shows live but also on demand. If I wanted to watch on demand I would go there. I only want to see what is live on home screen...

This new guide takes to long and screws up your viewing. Would also like to see commercial free options.

9:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sling TV Can't fully deliver product.

Watching the Lakers v Denver in Los Angeles I had to keep refreshing. I canceled my account and asked for a refund, but to complete the refund request I had to wat forever on their chat. I gave up and will file a grievance with Chase Bank as it was charged to my debit card.

10-24-2023

$20.00

This happened last spring. The LA Servers couldn't keep up.

I spent over an hour on this and I am totally done with Sling.

Desired outcome: Refund my $20

P
6:45 am EDT

Sling TV SLING captioning

As a deaf person, Sling's captioning is almost useless. Please double or triple the size of the captioning font and give it a black background.

The only viewers who turn on captioning are those who are deaf, so please make it usable for us by either:

1. giving us options in fonts, sizes, and backgrounds

or

2. double or triple the size of the font and give it a black background

Desired outcome: make the captioning legible for those of us who are deaf by either letting us adjust it or by doubling the size of the font and giving it a black background

6:07 pm EDT

Sling TV SlingTV on Prime stick

This week, all of a sudden my response time on Sling (no other app) has slowed to a crawl. It can take up to 15 seconds to get any response from trying to back out or change the viewing channel! I first noticed it during commercials and I just figured Sling was trying to force us to endure those god awful commercials. I pay a hefty amount to get Sling every month. I don't and refuse to pay to watch GD commercials! FIX THIS!

A
11:19 am EDT

Sling TV Sling Blue+Sports Package

After thoroughly reading through the options and which subscriptions to pay for in order to watch NFL games on Fox, we paid $199.00 to Sling TV to get the Blue+Sports package, with Fox Sports listed as being included. We spent time setting it all up, learning to navigate (not user friendly), searching for the game with no success, calling customer service with no ability to get through, attempting to use "chat" service and told they were too busy. We missed the game, we contacted Sling the very next business day (my payment still pending at bank level), they looked into this and told us we don't get Fox Sports in our area and they cannot refund our money. It literally feels like they just stole from us. How many customers are they doing this to? The website is vague, confusing and as I now realize, deceiving.

Desired outcome: I asked to cancel our service and refund our $199.00. They refused. I have since cancelled it, but it is prepaid through Feb 2024 and will cancel at the end of the subscription.

O
6:11 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a prepaid television package on August 26th. The package was marketed as a “college football package”. Unfortunately I did not understand that there were no local channels included in this package. Immediately upon discovering this shortcoming, I contacted SlingTV to cancel my purchase. I spoke with Alex, who advised me he was filing paperwork...

M
11:43 am EDT

Sling TV Sling Blue

I cancelled my sling subscription two years ago. I received a decline notice from my bank about a sling charge. I have severe health issues that keeps me from being able to function properly at times. I had not seen any charges under SLING, so I depended on the representative to have carried the phoned request. Due to the neglect of their employees, I have been charged $960.00 for services I cancelled. My medical expenses prevented me from being able to afford SLING any longer. They now are saying no refunds for their error. I am disputing this through my bank. SLING is a horrible service, and they rip people off, just like every other parasitic company out here. We live in a society where honest business practices are a thing of the past. This is very difficult for the older citizens to accept. There is a special place for these people. Good Riddance.

Desired outcome: The company does not accept their error and will not refund anything they stole from me.

5:44 pm EDT

Sling TV billing

i called last month to cancel this subscription. i did it over the lap top, i called to be reassured that the money would not continue to be taken out. the lady reassured me that it would not be and not to worry. well, money was taken out yesterday from my account. i called your customer service, she kept on saying i ordered it again. I DID NOT! BECAUSE THAT MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT HAS PUT MY ACCOUNT IN A BAD SITUATION. I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR/MANAGER AND COULD NOT TRANSFER, AS SHE SAID SHE DOES NOT HAS THE PROPER TOOLS. All she kept saying was you continue to watch sling, i said yes because it's free. I don't have to purchase it. my email is [protected]@gmail.com/ last digits of my card are 8847. Robert Page. please i need that to be put back. i didnt order sling. i canceled it last month. thank you for your time. i look forward to hearing from you soon.

Desired outcome: return of my money/ refund

A
2:08 pm EDT

Sling TV Sling Tv

I got an account a few years ago- and cancelled it August 2022...and then wanted to get a Sling account this year but couldn't remember my password so started another account with a different email... and never noticed that they had been charging me the entire time- NOW THEY ARE DOUBLE BILLING ME AND EVEN WHEN I CALLED THEM- spoke to a very arrogant SERGIO #7066005 in another country- who said too bad so sad- you signed up for two accounts- WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED TWO ACCOUNTS. No refund no fixing it- nothing...going to keep doing it.

I filed a complaint with my financial institution and LAW ENFORCEMENT- on the advice of my financial institution.

Desired outcome: Yet to be determined

9:33 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sling TV Sling TV Review: Cheap but Not Worth the Money - Terrible DVR, Clunky UI, and Technical Issues Galore

Sling TV is a service that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Although it's cheap, it's not worth the money. I had a lot of trouble watching TV with this service because it wouldn't load shows. It's frustrating to pay for something that doesn't work.

The DVR is a joke! It only records shows sometimes, and the functionality is very finicky in terms of being able to pause or rewind. Sometimes I could; sometimes I couldn't (so, sometimes I'd have just 5 minutes left of a show and if I paused it, it would restart at the very beginning and not allow me to fast forward. That's WITH the DVR option!).

The user interface leaves a lot to be desired. Navigating the UI was a miserable experience because it is so clunky and not at all intuitive, and then there was the issue of basic commands not working. For example, if I searched for a show title, it wouldn't let me hit the "search" button to actually execute the search, or it would allow me to enter two or three letters and then only allow me to navigate to a different menu.

Good luck to anyone trying to use the DVR option. The whole UI for the DVR is so user-unfriendly. It's so hard to actually manage your recordings, add shows, delete shows, etc. None of it makes any sense.

In all seriousness, when I tried to watch TV with this service, it would take me about 20-30 minutes of technical issues before I could even begin watching a show. By the time I would get it working, I didn't have time to watch the show.

Such a half-baked app. Such a rip off. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

M
7:36 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sling TV Misleading Charges for Local Channels on Sling TV: A Frustrating Experience

Been using Sling TV for a while now, and I gotta say, it's been pretty good. But yesterday, I was making some changes to my account and saw an ad for local channels at no extra cost. So I clicked on it and added it to my services. Today, I checked my account and saw a $52 charge from Sling. I was like, "What the heck?" So I called them up and the lady on the phone was nice and all, but it took 25 minutes to get everything sorted out. I had to get back to work, so I had to hang up when she put me on hold. But as soon as I got back to my desk, I started a chat with them. The person I chatted with said it looked like I accidentally signed up for the Air TV antenna that costs $49 a month instead of the other one that was free. I was like, "Whatever, just cancel it." But then the lady said they couldn't take the antenna back and I was stuck with it and had to pay for it. My order hadn't even been shipped yet! I was so mad. I told them that when they say "at no charge to you," it's misleading when there's a charge on my account. They said there was nothing they could do, so I'm gonna talk to a supervisor and then probably cancel my service.

O
6:59 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sling TV Sling TV Review: Unreliable, Poor Quality, and Frustrating Customer Service

Got Sling TV after my friend gave me an Amazon Firestick as a gift. Gotta say, it's been pretty useless so far. Can't get any videos to load, whether it's On Demand or live TV. It just buffers, freezes, or doesn't load at all. And it's not just one channel, it's every single one (except for the commercials, of course - those always load just fine!). Customer service is no help either. They always blame my internet or something else, even though Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon all work perfectly fine. They tell me to uninstall and reinstall the app, hardwire the device to the modem, clear my cache, and do a Force Stop on the app. But I've tried all of that multiple times and nothing works! All they can say is "we'll send this to our engineering team." What a joke! They're charging me every month for a service that doesn't even work.

And when the videos do load (which is rare), the quality is terrible and the volume is all over the place. The commercials are always super loud and annoying, while the actual show is barely audible. It's like they don't even care about the viewer experience.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend Sling TV to anyone. It's just not worth the hassle or the hours spent on chat with tech support. The price is not worth the frustration you'll experience. Save yourself the trouble and find another streaming service.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sling TV Sling TV Review: DVR and On Demand Features Are Garbage, Not Worth the Price

I recently gave Sling TV a try after realizing that cable was just too expensive and that I needed to cut back on my TV time. Unfortunately, my experience with Sling TV was not a good one. The DVR feature is a major issue. It doesn't allow you to pause programming and then resume where you left off. Instead, it rewinds the show all the way back to where you paused it, forcing you to watch all the commercials again. Who thought that was a good idea? It also doesn't record anything I select, even if I'm watching it and tell it to record. When I go back to check the DVR section, it's never there. The On Demand feature is just as bad. When I select a title, it plays like I'm watching regular TV, with all the commercials and no ability to fast forward or rewind. It's frustrating that it gives you one fast forward and then says "Not available on this channel" for every channel. It's useless. Anyone who denies these issues is clearly working for Sling. The service is garbage.

The price is also not worth it. You pay $45 for Sling Blue/Orange, which is like paying $1.50+ per channel. You can go to DTV or ATT and get 350+ channels in 4 rooms with NFL Sunday Ticket for $85, which is like paying $0.25 per channel. I gave Sling TV a fair try, but I am not a fan. It also crashes randomly during shows, forcing you to restart it. This happens at least 3 or 4 times a day. It's a joke and not worth the money. They try to push more channels on you with add-ons, which puts the bill exactly where I was before with cable.

Overall, I think it's time for cable to make a comeback. Screw Sling TV.

L

Sling TV Sling TV Review: Terrible Quality, Worse Service, and No Refunds

This streaming service is not worth your time or money. The quality is terrible and the service is even worse. It only works for a short amount of time before freezing and spinning for minutes on end. But that's not even the worst part.

I tried to cancel my subscription on the same day I started it, but they told me tough luck, I already paid and now I'm stuck with it for the next month. I've tried to contact them through phone and Facebook messages, but they only care about the $26 subscription fee. They won't help you with anything, even if it's their fault. This is the worst company I've ever dealt with.

And if you do have an issue, good luck getting a human on the phone. And even if you do, they won't help you. They only care about their refund policy, which is more important than customer service. If they offered a service that actually worked, they wouldn't need such a strict refund policy. The fact that they do should be a warning.

I think this company is only staying afloat because of first-time subscribers. They must rely on their strict refund policy as their only source of revenue. I can't imagine anyone keeping this service for long. Don't waste your time or money on Sling TV.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sling TV Poor Customer Service and Fraud Handling by Sling TV - A Disappointing Experience

So, I had a bit of a problem with Sling TV. I noticed some charges on my card that I didn't recognize, so I called them up to cancel the service and get a refund. But, they couldn't find any info about me except for the last four digits of my card number. I was getting pretty worried, so I went to their website and followed their instructions for reporting fraud.

A few days later, I got an email from Sling TV. They apologized for the inconvenience, but said they wouldn't be able to refund any charges on my account. They suggested that I check with anyone in my household who might have used my card without my permission, and to contact my bank if I suspected any fraudulent activity. I was pretty upset at the way they worded the email - it felt like they were blaming me for the charges, even though I had reported the fraud to them as soon as I noticed it.

I wasn't the only one who had this problem, either. I saw other people online who had received the same email. It's frustrating to feel like you're being treated like a criminal when you're the victim of a crime.

To make matters worse, I called Sling TV twice and got no help at all. They just filed a ticket with my info and told me my account couldn't be refunded. It took two days for them to even send me the email about the charges.

And, to top it all off, they accidentally sent the email to the person who had stolen my card info. Talk about a major screw-up!

I'm really disappointed in Sling TV. They don't seem to care about their customers, especially when it comes to fraud. They even blocked me on Facebook when I tried to reach out to them. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Overview of Sling TV customer experience

Sling TV has received numerous complaints from consumers regarding its service. Users have reported frequent buffering, poor video quality, and technical glitches. The customer service has also been criticized for being unresponsive and unhelpful. Many users have also expressed frustration with the limited channel selection and the frequent changes to the channel lineup. Additionally, some users have reported billing issues and difficulty canceling their subscription. Overall, Sling TV has a poor reputation among consumers due to its numerous problems and lackluster customer service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Sling TV contacts