Menu

complaints

DirecTV Complaints Summary

537 Resolved
1647 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from DirecTV with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DirecTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DirecTV. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

DirecTV complaints 2184

Sort by:

Newest DirecTV complaints

M
1:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Never received reward card for leaving dish network

I signed up with DirecTV in December of 2022, so that I could watch Pittsburgh Penguin hockey on AT & T Sportsnet Pittsburgh. I had been a long time Dish Network customer (18 years) and really didn't have any complaints except that they dropped AT & T Sportsnet Pittsburgh, and then they were passing on a significant price increase to me. So my package with DirecTV was going to be cheaper and I would get my hockey games. Even better, they were running a promotion at that time that would give me two $150 Rewards Cards, one for signing up with them, and another for leaving Dish Network. So I received my first card for signing up with DirecTV in early January, 2023, but I have had absolutely no luck getting the second card for leaving Dish Network. I have called the rewards center and the main DirecTV numbers at least 15-20 times in the last two months and get nothing but a runaround. No one can help me. I've been told countless stories as to what I need to do (send in my Dish bill - i did that), call different numbers, etc.

So then, DirecTV drops Newsmax, which I faithfully watch, and I'm stuck in a two year contract, or pay early termination fees. I am not a happy customer!

Desired outcome: Get my $150 rewards card for leaving Dish Network.

T
9:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Retaliatory price increase due to filing fcc & bbb complaints against directv

FCC & BBB complaints were filed against DirecTV because DirecTV took channels that were apart of a TV cable package we signed up for. I called DirecTV and I was told by the DirecTV representative that when DirecTV takes channels they send emails to inform the customer. That was not true because emails were never received, not one. When we asked for those emails to be resent, we were told that they could not and they could not be resent, tracked or traced. Very convenient. So the FCC & BBB complaints were filed against DirecTV for taking those channels and not letting us know, not replacing them and yet still continuing to charge the same amount or even more for less channels. After the complaints were filed, at that point, DirecTV suddenly decides to give the channels they took back for 12 months for what they stated “for free” as an “Appreciation Package”. Yet that was again untrue because right after that complaint was closed, DirecTV increases the bill. DirecTV increased the bill without any upgrade or added services or justification. It is completely retaliatory due to the FCC & BBB complaints filed against them. This is how DirecTV treats their long term customers. This is not regarding an old promotional offer that expired last year which is what DirecTV employee tried to make it about to deflect from the current issues. I have tried speaking to DirecTV but they refuse to even address this. They call to speak at me, speaking over me, and refusing to even allow me to speak. This all just goes to the DirecTV’s retaliatory behavior

7:40 pm EST

DirecTV Can not access my account on DirectTV.com

I moved to a different state at the beginning of February and transferred my Direct TV account to the new state. I kept my ATT wireless account but cancelled my ATT internet account as it was not available at my new location.

I kept trying to sign in to my Direct TV account and was kicked over to ATT which said I had NO TV account.

On March 3 I spent 3 plus hours trying to get an answer and some resolution to this problem. I spoke with EIGHT different people. Everyone had a different excuse. One man said I needed to make another email account as ATT was using my regular email. He said after I did that I could call back and the issue would be resolved in mere minutes. Of course that didn't happen. I made a new email and called back to resolve the issue. No one knew what I was talking about and I kept getting pushed from department to department. Finally I spoke with a woman from the loyalty department and she tried for 45 minutes to help resolve the situation. Apparently it will take 2 months or 2 billing cycles before my account is available. During that time I will not be able to access DTV on my ipad, iphone or computer nor can I watch any of the applications ie BRAVO, ABC,NBC, CBS, ESPN while my account is inaccessible.

Desired outcome: I want to receive some credit on my bill for the time I cannot use these features.

M

DirecTV Billing

Seven months ago a sales man from AT&T fiber cable by the name of Nate Dillon came and signed us up. We specifically questioned him abou how direct tv in the past kept raising our rate, he swore to us that for a couple of years they would not increase their rates. Now after only 6 months the already increased the tv rate by 11.00.the girl in customer service told us to expect an increase in our internet rate too. The salesman out and out lied to us, because we would have never taken the service. I called customer service today an she said “sorry but the rate went up. I asked for a manager and she said they would call me back in 30 minutes. Well it’s been1 1/2 still no call.

Desired outcome: Go back to the promised rate or we will disconnect and we want the equipment fees refunded to our account.

4:31 pm EST

DirecTV direct tv

Hi,

I got direct tv with att for internet. Was told it would be $145. I get my credit card bill. There's a charge for $9.60, then a week later a charge for $89.99, then a week after that a charge for $154.99, then a week after that a new charge for $99.99. Called to cancel due to overcharges. Now they want to charge me for the tv box. I've been on the phone all day with them, and still cannot get the same answer from 2 reps. This is the worst customer experience of my life, and i've been on the planet for 65 years, so that's saying something. DO NOT GET ATT OR DIRECT TV OR YOU WILL BE SORRY.

Desired outcome: stay away from att and direct tv

2:46 pm EST

DirecTV Newsmax

Censorship

I am taking a moment to tell you I am leaving Direct TV and bringing 12 other residences with me across the US now. Also, I am in technology, so am advising people how to easily leave AT&T and DirectTV for TV, Internet and VOIP. I am also advising people to leave AT&T wireless.

I am angry. I am not a Republican and this is not about politics. This is about private companies supporting the erosion of my Bill of Rights and your company is censoring information I am entitled to. Removing Newsmax from your line up is not acceptable and I will not abide being manipulated. AT&T is a service provider and they should stick that. Don't provide service you think should have.

Signed, an angry American.

Desired outcome: Notifying your company and it parent company.

P
1:59 pm EST

DirecTV NewsMax

I'm a long-time customer and was thrilled when you originally added NewsMax to your line-up.

I'm extremely annoyed that some companies--AT&T included--continue to bend the knee to a relatively small number of uninformed but vocal left wing extremists demanding that you remove NewsMax.

I urge you to return NewsMax to your line-up immediately. If you choose not to, then for the sake of fairness, you must also remove MSNBC and CNN!

I guess the 1st amendment is only applicable if you agree with the speech. If you don't reconsider your decision, I'll have to reconsider my decision to purchase your products.

Steve Greschner/Account number: [protected]

Desired outcome: Restore NewsMax to your line-up

L
11:57 am EST

DirecTV Dropping newsmax and oan news channels

I am very disheartened by the removal of NewsMax and OAN from my service. These are two of the best news channels with no spin out there. I chose the channel plan in my contract and specifically for certain information channels and news channels. I did not get any refund or change of price plan, Actually my ATT/Direct TV bill has gone up. This is censorship whether admitted or not. DTV has chosen to censor the most conservative networks and programs. Please be advised that I am looking for another service provider. I pray you reconsider you decisions, reverse and restore these two channels.

Desired outcome: Restoration of Newsmax and OAN to my plan.

G
11:20 pm EST

DirecTV Publicly address this issue

I am a paying customer of ATT Direct TV. I am filing a complaint that OAN and Newsmax has been canceled from their service. I am a conservative American and I see this as ATT's political deplatforming of two very relevant TV stations that are informative and state the truth which happens to be a conservative point of view. I believe ATT is an arm of the Democratic Socialist Party in the USA and other nefarious communist organizations in the USA and outside of the USA. I am an informed voter and citizen and am outraged that ATT (parent company of Directv) is censoring its content by deplatforming OAN and Newsmax. I see that they are more than willing to push the LBGT and Democratic Socialist agenda but seem afraid of OAN and Newsmax's conservative content. This must be rectified.

Desired outcome: Add OAN and Newsmax back to the channel line-up and have Bill Marrow CEO of Directv publicly address this issue. I ask that ATT CEO publicly address this issue also and consider admonishment/reprimand of responsible Directv staff.

4:44 pm EST

DirecTV Directv/AT&T

I was watching Newsmax Tuesday night and found out that AT&T/Directv was dropping them. The next day, Wednesday, there was no Newsmax on Directv. Thursday, I switched to Dish Network.

This is not the first time in recent months that Directv has pulled this stunt. A few months ago, They removed OAN (One America News) from their lineup. That was the other news channel that I preferred.

That leaves only Fox News as the only partly conservative news source on Directv.

7:06 am EST

DirecTV Programming + lack of customer service + integrity

Dropping of programming with out notice to censor subscriber content - replacing oan + newsmax news channels with non news totally biased content with hosts that are has been or want to be journalists - replaced news format with unacceptable talk show - spoke with customer service + office of president reps 1/24, 1,25, 1.26, + 1/27/2023 - all responses have been total + complete lies + unfulfilled promises. - told a total lie to bbb to close open case - they showed no respect on numerous occasions to a 3 decade long customer -

Desired outcome: change in programming + price reduction

Update by schutzen-jager
Jan 29, 2023 6:18 am EST

dropped OAN + NewsMax - multiple contacts office of president lied about our conversation with BBB - company completely lacks any integrity in any dealings with long time customer - arbitrarily controlling content consumers are allowed to view !

K
4:16 pm EST

DirecTV Censorship

Apparently Direct TV does not like Conservatives. First you get rid of One America News and now Newsmax. I happen to be a Conservative and I don't appreciate the obvious CENSORSHIP. Why don't you censor CNN or MSNBC? Because they are liberal and you support them.. If we were able we would cancel you and go to DISH. We will not be watching any News at all on television, we are now forced to go online ourselves and find out what you don't want us to hear. I doubt you care about CONSERVATIVE viewers, we do exist but we are polite and not as verbal as the left.

Desired outcome: STOP CONSERVATIVE CENSORSHIP

Jan 26, 2023 8:00 pm EST

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

R

DirecTV Dropping newsmax

I pay for your service in order to watch a variety of news channels. I do not pay for a subscription for you to be political and cancel Newsmax. You keep CNN MSNBC etc which are far left liberal channels. They do not give correct information. They lie and they perpetuate the democrats lies. I’m hoping Congress makes headway with you to add Newsmax back on direct tv. If not, we will find a new carrier. Robin Fizznoglia

Read full review of DirecTV and 2 comments
2 comments
Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm EST

I already called DIRECTV & left a post on Twitter! I will be canceling my DIRECTV also. I’m giving them a week because they said they are working on the details of whether or not Newsmax is off for good. They wanna get political … fine I hope their pocketbooks can handle it! I won’t be going with dish either because they are going to merge with DIRECTV ! It’s ridiculous they are playing politics! They wanna play the cancel culture game so can their viewers!

Jan 25, 2023 12:47 pm EST

Just don’t go with dish ! They are merging with DIRECTV

P
3:24 pm EST

DirecTV Canceling newsmax

I read online today (January 24) that DIRECTV is going to no longer carry Newsmax. First they cancel OAN and now Newsmax. Newsmax is one of the highest rated news outlets on television! It appears that this is an effort to silence free speech (conservative viewpoints). If DIRECTV cancels Newsmax, I will be canceling DIRECTV. And I will make sure all of my friends who are DIRECTV customers will know about this cancellation. We conservatives are tired of being silenced!

Desired outcome: KEEP NEWSMAX!!

9:13 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Ads during pause screen inappropriate.

I was quite dismayed to be assaulted by drag queens when I paused my Direct TV channel...this is so inappropriate and not acceptable for all ages...I was disgusted by the ad for M TV Ru Paul Drag Race and would hope that Direct TV takes this complaint seriously...I will be sharing this with everyone I know...I think some respect for your customers is needed...please remove this ad.

This occurred Friday December 30th at 7:00pm

Desired outcome: Take down this ad.

W
9:54 pm EST

DirecTV Ads that are totally inappropriate at anytime and on any channel.

DirecTV Channel 304

My exact complaint is about the ads that are totally inappropriate at anytime and on any channel, such homosexuals, transvestites, over-represented racial couples, etc... being shown during TV shows from an innocent era.

The reason many viewers opt for old classic TV shows is to avoid exactly the coarse content presented in these ads.

To my knowledge, these filthy ads are not run on ABC, CBS, NBC and others where this content would be better targeted.

Do you actually think these ads are welcomed by the viewing demographic?

Or is the intent to poison every single source of entertainment available to conservative viewers?

Desired outcome: Target your ads to the audience.NO ONE is buying the current ads, so why run them? Stop this(

6:50 pm EST

DirecTV TV / Internet / Phone Services

Requesting cancelling services on 11/7 from ATT / DirectTV. They cancelled the phone, but did not cancel the internet and TV. Now, they are charging me for services for the TV and internet for 3 weeks longer than I had services even when I have sent the equipment back. When I called to get this resolved, they argued that they didn't have the request but could see I called in and talked to someone. They stated they could not cancel services from 11/7 when I originally requested cancellation.

Desired outcome: Cancel services from 11/7 and prorate the bill from the 7th of November

E
1:56 pm EST

DirecTV Missing programming due to contractual dispute with mission broadcasting.

Years ago, I’d been a loyal Dish customer for about a decade. Dish had a contractual problem with one of the biggest cable news networks I watched.

It went on for a few weeks, way too long, and I left. That’s when I became a DirecTV customer. Now Direct has a problem with Mission Broadcasting. And as a result, weekend football games are blocked out. Unless the dispute is resolved and normal broadcasting choices are back on, I’m going back to Dish. I’ll make that call this coming Monday.

Please get it settled!

Read full review of DirecTV and 1 comment
1 comment
Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm EST

Just so you know DIRECTV & dish are in talks about Merging

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Shop at home from tv remote

I have been shopping from home using my tv remote for many years.

HSN & QVC's shopping networks, now all of the sudden these sites no longer have the red dots in the upper right hand corner and technical service says Direct TV has never offered this service! I beg to differ as I have used this feature for well over 15 years! HSN & QVC says everything for the shop at home is good at their end and that I'm active.

Please advise,

From a very dissatisfied customer,

Pete Bouvia

& Debra Gauthier

Desired outcome: To get my shopping sites back up and running using my tv remote!

10:54 am EST

DirecTV Installation / customer service

Just moved to new house in VA and decided on DirectTV. Ordered new service.

1. Scheduled installation but confirmation email was a different date than agreed upon. Called Sales Dept back to confirm.

2. Confirmed, however, order was entered incorrectly in the system. Corrected order and re-confirmed installation date/time.

3. Installer arrived. Began installation. Began using existing dish from previous owner but couldn't use wiring. Began rewiring.

4. Installer said didn't have correct equipment and needed to leave to purchase drill bit. Returned an hour later with a 4-foot drill bit. Drilled hole through wall. I questioned him about the hole and was informed it was for the wired box. However, the wired box was ordered for a different floor in the house and all other boxes were supposed to be wireless. He had drilled hole in wrong spot.

5. Was informed by installer that the order was not entered correctly and he had all wired boxes on his order. He called Sales Dept and got the order changed. However, he didn't have the correct equipment to complete the job. Need to come back tomorrow.

6. Different installation team came back next day. Knew nothing about what the first guy did. After looking at the project, decided that the installation could not be done. Also, they could not fix the hole in the wall that the first installer drilled.

7. Called Direct TV Sales Dept the next day at 8:45 am. Spoke with Alex who transferred me to Debron in Cancellation Dept. Debron cancelled order. However, he could not do anything about the damage to my house. Transferred me to Mike in Service. Mike transferred me to Orlando in Technical Dept.

8. Orlando was unable to help me. Informed I need to speak with Sales Dept, but they are closed and I need to call back tomorrow. I've been on the phone for 2 hours and not happy with this solution. Asked to speak with Supervisor.

9. Spoke with Jose. Informed I need to speak with Sales Dept and nothing he can do today. However, he will confirm who I need to speak with and call me back. Call ended at 11:08 (2 hours, 20 minutes). No call back from Jose.

10. Next day, called Sales Dept. Spoke with Sasha. She cannot help me. Transferred me to Technical Dept (Mich). She cannot help me; need to speak with Sales Dept. Informed her that I've already spoken with Sales Dept and they can't help me. Transfer me to Tech Dept supervisor (Jose, again).

11. Jose tried to transfer me to Cancellation Dept, but I informed him that I've already spoken to them and the order was cancelled. He could not find anyone to own the problem. Waited for 15 minutes on hold. He came back and gave me the number for Damage Claim group. He transferred me to the Damage Control group.

12. Actually transferred me to Karl in Technical Dept. Asked him to transfer me back to Supervisor, but I needed to tell him the issue first. Explained the issue. He said he needs to transfer me back to Supervisor. After 10 minutes, returned and said he needs to transfer me to Claims Dept. Transferred me to an unrelated company: Center for Medical Services (CMS). Another 55-minute phone call with no resolution.

13. Called Damage Control Department number given to me by Jose. On hold now. Estimated wait time is 10 minutes.

Desired outcome: Repair the hole in my wall/house that your company drilled. I also believe Direct TV should apologize for this entire situation. This is no way to treat a new customer.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

DirecTV contacts