Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Installation was posted on Jun 4, 2021. The latest complaint installation at my home on nov. 26, 2019 was resolved on Dec 27, 2019. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2008 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 536 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

DirecTV Service protection plan

I had a technician come to my home because I was having issues with two of my DirecTV boxes. The technician was great.

Today I received an email that my issue was resolved and that I signed to upgrade my Protection Plan to $20.99/month. I signed nothing, and this has happened every time I've had a technician come to my home. It's a scam.

Now I've been on hold for over 40 mins. trying to get this resolved. The first representative said that my plan is an older one, so he had to transfer me to get this resolved. Ridiculous! They obviously put me on eternal hold.

Saying that they 'captured my signature' and charging me without my consent is illegal.

DirecTV Early termination fee

Began new Directv service in October 11, 2018, understanding the 2 year commitment. Now, October 30, 2020, ready to cancel service. Being told that, because they replaced a defective mini-genie that I was leasing in December 2019, that this results in a new 2 year commitment. Now they want to charge $300 for me to cancel. I did not ask for the new equipment. They sent it to me to replace their own defective equipment. I did not pay for this equipment. Why should I be burdened with the new contract? I was NOT told there would be a reset to the 2 year agreement. If I had been told, I would have said "no". I feel this is a very deceptive and unfair practice, and would like the fee waived and service cancelled. The "customer service" "supervisor" claims this is a valid contract. How could it be valid if only one party is aware of it?

DirecTV Customer service rep

This is worse customer service that I have ever had to deal with. I had ordered NFL Sunday Ticket online but chose the incorrect payments, I wanted the installment pymts so I called 10/19/20 and was told that it had been taken care of but still getting calls about my account. Called yesterday and transferred 3 times before I was hung up on again so called today and spoke with a Supervisor who stated that she can not do a thing about this since the bill has been mailed but yet when I called 10/19/20 it was taken off. My online account shows that it was taken off but it hasnt been also Supervisor stated that I could do monthly payments but then stated that I had only until 11/9/20 to pay this in full. I truly regret changing providers and can not wait for my contract to expire to change to a new and improved provider.

DirecTV login technical support

I was on hold for over 30 minutes needing assistance with my login. Account [protected]. Then It just hung up on me. I have now been on hold for over an hour. I also tried the chat online support. On hold there too. This is ridiculous! How hard is it to get support? Maybe DIRECTV needs to hire more people if they cannot handle the workload and stop making the consumer suffer. We pay enough that we should expect quick Reponses when we need assistance.

I cannot login and the email that is tied to my account is not valid. I have not had that email for over 2 years. So obviously your online login help will not assist me. It just wants to send an email to me. You should supply other means of assistance, like a text to the phone number associated with the account.

Sep 09, 2020

DirecTV — Double billed

I have been double billed since the fall of 2019. I now get 3 statements for one address. I have a total of...

DirecTV Cancellation and charges

I have been a long standing customer of Direct TV and I was never thrilled with their lack of interest to give customers deals and lower pricing. I went to disconnect my service and because I am 1 day into the billing cycle they expect me to pay another $135 for service that I cannot access because of storm damage and it is service I will not be getting. Absolutely ridiculous! There is always a way to prorate services delivered. Quite frankly they just don't have in an interest in customer service. Waiting for a supervisor to call me. I am not holding out high hopes but I am not paying them another dime. I am also unable to pay my bill online or by phone!

DirecTV This is the worst service we have ever encountered

Date of Incident 07/21/2020 Account [protected] Timothy Jenkins
            Installed 7/21 and received terrible service, no resolution. Immediately called to remove the equipment and mailed it all in with UPS as directed by Direct TV. At no time was there any conversation about a contract, we never gave them a credit card for auto deduction. We never asked for a contract. No contract was signed nor authorized in any manner of recording. We have spoke several times to local Direct TV staff with no resolution.
            This is the worst service we have ever encountered. It is impossible to have normal conversation with the staff. It was less than 24 hours that we had what little service there was, that was cancelled immediately. We received a bill for 480.00 for early contract termination. There is no such thing.
            We ask you to clear this matter immediately. We are prepared to retain an attorney. We can only imagine what unsuspecting people are going through as we have endured with Direct TV/AT&T
            Timothy Jenkins 3590 Snapps Ferry Rd Afton, TN 37616

DirecTV Cut out reception

DirectTV want to charge $99 for moving dish 15ft. Thanks to there installation by a tree. I told that man that tree won't grow so he put it there anyway. Sat what a billion dollar company does to a disabled human that had Major Brain Surgery and can't afford. Move the dish so I still had bad reception. I should pay half my bill I bet the billion dollar company wouldn't like that. Do not get DirectTV if your poor and have had Major Brain Surgery at Mayo.

DirecTV Price raised

Was told when I signed up for DIrect tv at Costco that I needed to call in to keep my price the same $74 a month but it went up to $167 a month and was told sorry nothing we can do about it today maybe try back in a month or two. Crooks I'd never recommend Direct Tv or buying it from Costco they have less than helpful or honest. I even had it written on my contract that the price wouldn't change. Crooks don't recommend doing business with either of them!

DirecTV Cancelation issue

Our family has had Direct TV for over 10 years. Mother now deceased and no one watches tv. I have no written contract with my signature. Ridiculous to have to pay for service when no one there to watch tv. Please email or mail me a copy of my written contract. Customer personnel do not help you when you call. They are just individuals trying to get you to sign up for another plan. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Shame on you.

DirecTV Complaint for directv placing a report on my credit report.

I am filing this complaint against directv bc i haven't had their services in 5 years. Directv has just now filed against my credit report. They shouldn't be filing on my report 5 years after i cancelled my services.i had so much problems with their services that's why. I cancelled my services with them. I will be filing a report with the BBB. I would like this to be removed from my report asap.

Jul 07, 2020

DirecTV — Cancel / billing

We've been with AT&T TV since 2007. (U-Verse, Direct TV - you name it) My Direct TV Promotion ended...

DirecTV Defective box

I have 2 boxes, one gets all the channels in my package the other does not get ch 51,
                      After 3 1/2 hours with being transferred to 6 departments, 2 managers & 1 supervisor they all agreed my box was defective.
                      They said since I was a 25 year customer there would be no charge & would send me a new box.
                      Then I get an email that says a service man would come out & up grade me to recording boxes that I didn't want.
                      More calls & they refused to replace my box.
                      Then they added a charge on my bill for 69.00 dollars.

DirecTV Acct # [protected]

I called on 04/09/20 to cancel my service with Direct TV. I spoke to Eric from the Arizona office he stated that the early term fee would be waived because I had been a member since March 2018 and my final bill would be $62.10. I received my final bill this week and it shows I owe $262.10 with a $200.00 early term fee. I spoke to Ashley from the Texas office yesterday and she stated I would have to file a complaint and that the audio from my conversation would be pulled.

Thank you for your time.

DirecTV Customer service & technical support

Out of service for April20-April 24, 2020, while customer service and technical support decide how to restore my service. Once restored they changed my channel package from choice to preferred extra and now wants to charge me $185. Contacted customer service who states there cannot be any adjustments because bill has already been sent out. So I am left to pay for a package of $185 I did not ask for or my service will be interrupted again. Customer Service states a $30 discount will be reflected on the next bill. Why am I being charged for a $185 package I didn't ask for or change. This is my point. A week without service and all you can offer is $30 discount.
                          I have been a 10 year customer and this is how they treat you.

DirecTV Repairmen were useless

I have had Directv for years and had no problems. The picture started to freeze and the only thing you could do was turn it off and then back on. It was impossible to watch anything. The first repairman replaced a box and said that should fix it. That did not fix it. The second repairman said it was a bad switch in the attic and replaced it. That did not fix the problem. The third repairman said the dish was bad and it needed to be replaced. He told me the roof was too high and Directv would not allow him to go up there. He did suggest that there was a company I could hire and pay to go up on the roof to replace the disk. I did not want anyone walking on our tile roof and was not going to pay for a new dish. I switched to a cable company after nearly a month with no TV. Directv sent me a bill and I called and said I owed nothing because there was no reception. So they sent a loyal customer to collections for a problem they could not fix

DirecTV 2 year contract, I didn't sign! Bill started at $40.00 now over $137..00 a month!

Direct rep.was in Walmart selling Direct Tv service, she stated $40.00 a month, signed a contract for $40.00 a month!Main office refused to honor it, added fees for each room, wiring warranty, this was new wiring and boxes, ended up $73.00 a month, a lot so I payed it, guess what In Jan 2020 a $5.00 price increase, and my $40.00 a month bill went to $80.00 plus, $5.00, boxes, wiring warranty price all total Around, *$140.00 a month, didnt sign a contract for this, help me get this Bill back down or I'll disconnect all!

DirecTV Customer service scam

Account# [protected] on march 26 2020 im contact customer davied to disconected service expired that day march 25, on february I contact one month before my contract expired to let them know im not renew service im moving to comcast, davied customer at direct tv said I will receivred label return to return the moderm, I never receivre any lable since now, I contact comsumer report to complaint I want them to investigate scam customer service on direct tv, now I receivre bill $163.35 for service I dont have

Mar 24, 2020

Direct TV — Direct tv service disconnected during covid-19 can't see local channels

Hello, my name is Temilolu Slack my DirectTV account number is 6789847. My services were disconnected on...

Mar 23, 2020

DirecTV — My wife and myself have been wronged by at&t / directv customer service and feel no one will ever listen

Here is what happened to my wife and myself in response to CoronaVirus and no income whatsoever. Ever since...