DHL Express / inefficiency, delivery/clearance delay & very poor communication

1 Aberdeen, Scotland, Grampian, United Kingdom

I refer to my parcel (Waybill no. [protected]), which was sent from Aberdeen in the UK to Benin City in Nigeria on the 16th of December 2019. The said parcel have been in Lagos for many days, experiencing clearance delay caused and worsened by the negligence of your staff. I made several calls to DHL UK, and no one got back to me with valid information or advise me on what to do. Though a file was open to facilitate tracing, the information your staff handling my case/file got from Lagos -Nigeria was not passed to me. Your staff in Nigeria (Lagos) did not contact the recipient of the parcel, so we were all left in the dark, and indeed, in a state of limbo. I called DHL office in Benin City - Nigeria this morning and I was told that an invoice stating the item and their values/origin was not included in my parcel. The information was only given to me by your rather chaotic DHL office in the UK after I have called again this morning. When I asked when this information was received, no one seems to know. However, I was sent a commercial invoice template via email earlier today following my call/query. I have now completed and returned the invoice. I equally included a scanned copy of my shipment receipt. There is also no formal acknowledgement of the receipt of the invoice I have sent - another evidence of the poor communication and efficiency that characterise DHL services in the UK.

My parcel has been delayed; the Christmas gifts I sent to my children will definitely not be delivered before Christmas, which makes the shipment virtually pointless. I am totally disappointed as the service I paid for seems to be a shambolic one, if not a complete scam.

I hope that you will look into my complain with the seriousness that it deserves.

Ig