CVS Pharmacy / denied precription filled

1 Kennedy street nw 20011Washington, DC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 202-829-3235

after leaving the emergency room i went to fill a prescription at the CVS pharmacy on the corner of 2nd street and Kennedy st NW on 12-17-10 around 4:30 pm...i was just released for Upper Respitory Infection and the meds was greatly needed. I walked to the drop off location before i even pulled out my prescription the pharmasist said " hi Miss just letting you know im no longer accepting prescriptions im very busy with no help...my help is on vacations so im not taking anymore prescriptions...sorry" i walked away...just because his help is on vaction what does that have to do with peoples health. we rely on CVS to fill our meds and be there when there supposed too not turn us away. that cvs is the only one in my area convient for me and my children. if they can not help than who will?

Comments

• Sh
      18th of Dec, 2010

You need to contact the DM and let them know what happened. That is unproffesional and uncalled for.

• Mr
      19th of Dec, 2010

I so Agree...and i Have already did...this one is not being hushed

• Do
      13th of Jan, 2011

It sounds like the pharmacist was the only one there that day and his work load was too large. It sounds to me like he was trying to just be honest and let you know that there was no way he was going to get to it anytime soon, and just wanted to let you know in order to get it filled somewhere else quicker.

17th of Jan, 2011

ok he was being honest but he could have been proffessinal about it and given her the choice to drop it off and pick up later or just flat out turn away customers, escpecially being the only location close by.

18th of Jan, 2011

I get that stealth but there is a way to be polite about it and maybe he was and the poster took it personally but going strictly by what is posted he allowed the fact that he was overwhelmed and overworked get to him and was rude to this person .

20th of Jan, 2011

I think the customer should have had the option to do without for the night because of a reasonable excuse such as being shorthanded and having to wait till everyone ahead of them was taken care of or going to another pharamacy, but to me a flat out we arent taking anymore cause im to busy is just a cop out. Its your job. I know its hard with no help and the pharamacist did the right thing by being honest but should have given the customer the option instead of a flat out no .

• Wh
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I completely agree with the majority. He was not being rude. She probably walked in ten minutes to closing time with 6 scripts in hand and expected that 1 person to get those entered into the system filled and verified within 10 minutes of closing. A pharmacist can refuse a script for several different reasons, if you're a Dr. shopper is the #1 reason, if you act suspicious is the #2 reason. Guess what dear, you left the ER, there is a convenient pharmacy located in hospitals so you have a place to "rely on" if no other place is accepting scripts or are closed for the day.

• Fi
      18th of Mar, 2011

I've had my share of Pharmacy issues with the CVS located at 12th and Pennsylvania Ave in SE DC. After seeing this complaint I truly believe that CVS need to seriously revamp their Pharmacies that are having issues.