Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] Logo

Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN]

Having problems with Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN]?

Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 10, 2008. The latest review unethical behavior, company is a scam, unprofessional staff, scam, ripoff and many, many lies was posted on Oct 25, 2017. The latest complaint no service, no refund was resolved on Dec 29, 2014. Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 50 reviews. Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] has resolved 25 complaints.

Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] Customer Service Contacts

Austin, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] Customer Service. Initial Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN]. Discuss the issues you have had with Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN] Complaints & Reviews

Select Care Benefits Network [SCBN]unethical behavior, company is a scam, unprofessional staff, scam, ripoff and many, many lies

I am requesting my deposit and first month's payment for a product and service I never received. After I gave a stranger my personal info. I had to close my checking account. They have already taken $88.95 from my account. I have requested a refund by phone letter and fax. I spoke to the Sheriff's office and was told to issue a warrant. I can't find a physical address. Only a PO Box The staff refuses to give me a street address. I know they are located in Austin Texas. I have letters but I do not know how to send them.

Select Care Benefits Networkprescription advocacy

On April 6, 2017 I talked with a representative from Select Care Benefits Network. I signed my husband up to get one of is prescriptions through this program. The very next day $95.00 was deducted from our checking account by SCBN. When I received my welcome packet on April 10th I read through all the paper work and filled out the forms. The next day I called my doctor about getting a prescription and she advised me to stay away from this program because she didn't feel comfortable with the reviews she read online. I call right away to cancel my membership and request a refund of $95.00 and was told I wasn't entitled to one because it had been over 3 days and also because I had filled out the paper work in the new member kit. The representative I was talking to refused to let me talk to a manager and then hung up on me.

Select Care Benefits Networkfalse prescription services

This company promised me 4 medications for $80 a month and never fulfilled their promise. Every time I called they were still waiting for something and then finally they gave me a fake prescription card that was a coupon you can get for free online for 12 months of Xarelto. I called the pharmaceutical company and explained what I received and they said that it was the same as the coupon I had used the year before and that they would not honor it. I called back and they treated me like an #### saying that the card was something other than that and offered no assistance in correcting it. I said cancel the services and refund my money. They said they would not and that I could sue them if I felt like it, they would not refund any money. FOR 9 months they continued to debit my account and when I noticed and called to complain they denied I had canceled. They charged me $785 over 9 months and the product I received was Flonase, an over the counter product. The complete indifference and lack of courtesy with the way they treat you when when you complain is nothing less than a street thug or con man. This company is a scam.

• Mo
          Mosbyld Jun 02, 2017

This company scammed me also they took $120 from me, always needed something else every time I called to see when I was reciving my medicine, after almost 2 mths. of getting no satisfaction & no medicine i opted out, they refused to give me a refund i am still fighting with them for my money, they did nothing for me but took my money, they are nothing but scam artists and all their customer representatives are very nasty, ignorant people

SCBN (Select Care Benefits Network)prescription promises 1/2 truths to draw you in

Careful careful!!! They tell you half truths and insinuate fast courteous service.. They tell you of a phone number you can beg for samples if they can't supply in an emergent basis!!They suck in the $100.00 it takes to get started, say they will not refund it until they receive the packet back then claim they never got it!!! Now i hope i get my money back for a service they never supplied.. Lets be clear mine is a copd medicine, they think that six to eight weeks to supply.. How many have died waiting for their meds!!!

SCBN assistance programdrug assistance program

Scbn assistance is a fraud. For $140 you will get a folder with 24 pages for yourself and your doctors to fill out. Because I am in the gap I qualify for their program and they are supposed to get me out for the next 3 years. When you get the folder and you read it close it will tell you that you might qualify, but you will find out if you qualify after you have submitted all the paperwork, your income information and your doctors have filled out their portion of the forms. You will find out after 5 to 6 weeks and then if you qualify you might get your medicines. I have read so many complaints about people not getting their medicines and the company not answering calls or working with them to correct the issues that the client has. When you call them to withdraw from their program they will try scare tactics and tell you a list of things you will need to do to get your medicines. All of that information is a lie. Ask your doctor if there is something that will do the same thing and take the place of the medicine that you are unable to afford also ask your doctor for samples. Next check with your community and see if there are any organizations that can help pay for your medications. Find out who the manufacturer of your medication is because they offer applications that you can fill out to get the medication for free. It takes some work and effort on your part but you are your own best advocate. Next file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Austin Texas about this company. According to the Better Business Bureau in Austin Texas scbn has a B+ rating. If you don't tell the ones that can help you they will keep that B+ plus rating and keep scamming everyone. And by the way that folder that you received for $140 is worth about $2 if that.

Scbn Prescription Advocacyunethical behavior, reimbursement

I set up request for rx assistance 8/29 and they deducted $85 from my acct which I knew was going to happen. I then called on 9/9 and advised the rx I was needing assistance with, I was no longer using and requested $85.00 reimbursement. I spoke to Brandy (if that was her real name) and she stated they told me 3 times there was a $50 non reimbursement which I do not recall that mentioned. She then told me they have it on recording so I requested a transcript of that recording and she stated that would be $50. I then requested a supv and she said they are going to tell me the same thing. I requested again and she put me on hold then came back and said supv. wasn't avail. I am returning the pkg per her request and am requesting $85 refund ASAP. I have never been so rudely spoken to and don't deserve this type of behavioral attitude. she was very combative and defensive during our conversation.

Select Care Benefits Networkprescription program

I was on a program that provided my medicine and was told that I was to pay a processing fee of 35.00 every month and that was a processing fee for having my medicine ship every 3rd month. I have been having this fee taking out my checking every month since 12/2015 till this passed month 8/15/2016. I have not received any medicine since 9/2015. I did not know that I had to call to stop the 35.00 processing fee. I also felt that when I did not renew my prescription that this fee would have stopped. That fact that I was told that I may not get 8 months of my money back for a processing fee for medicine I have not received and would have continued coming out if I did not call. If there is no renewal on the prescription why is a processing still continued. So now I'm out a total of 240.00 dollars. I would like my money back.

scbn advocacykeep taking money out of bank account for product drug nitobid 6.5 mg

I have not receieved my drug prescription from this company my dr have have done everything they have asked for to get this nitro bid capsule i am a patient with chronic angina all the other nitro products i get rashes from the cream the nitro spray and pills under tongue cause blister i have called this co many times i am really tired of there excuses it has been 3 month i finished last prescription was being covered with insurance now they will not out of pocket is 700 dollars for drug i applied 3 months ago they have been paid 95 dollars and have been taking 45 dollars out monthly have not send me drug recall again today 8 /17/16 i have complained to company every other day have been working with woman named jasmine i asked her to connect me to pharmacy i wished to speak with them i m a nurse this drug is very important to me and i just had pacemaker changed so i need this drug she stated they have no clue which pharmacy they used

SCBNcombivent respimat

I have been working with this company for more than a year now..
                  My first encounter was helpful and I was given what they advertized for..
                  I needed help with an expensive inhaler called Symbicort, and everything has been smooth as silk for year..
                  NOW, it's time to renew the contract.. they sent me an application and paperwork to renew the original CONTRACT, and a application for a new subscription for COMBIVENT RESPIMAT..
                  The Doctor who prescribed this rescue inhaler, used to recover for severe asthma attacks claims SCBN has been sent all the required paperwork
                  to include a new prescription for the COMBIVENT, and SCBN is claiming they never received this required paperwork.. I am caught in a catch 22 situation that seems to have no resolution other than Civil court action..

Fortunately, No extra money has been pilfered from my bank account for the added application, yet, though I suspect it is only a matter of time before the extra 20 bucks begins to get tempting...

At this point SCBN is extremely questionable, and should be investigated by the BBB, and possibly the justice dept for possible fraud or false advertising...

Scbn Prescription Advocacy — won't refund application fee

Add another victim to the list...my physician called to inform us that the clinic could get my husband's RX...

SCBNselect care benefits network?

I am a type 2 Diabetic taking Lantus and Humalog. Today I received information from an American Diabetes Association discussion board that I am a member of/ The person sent me a link o what turns out to be SCBN. I talked with these people seveal years ago and felt they were a scam. It was back in 2012 or 2013 so I don't remember what the problem I had with them was. I spoke to them today and they tell me that if I change insulins to Levemir and Novolog they can get these meds for me at a cost of $50 per month plus a $50 yearly enrollment fee. I currently take Humalog and Lantus as I say. SCBN tells me that my current meds are not covered but the Levemir and Novolog are covered by SCBN.

The problem I am running into is that I am soon to hit the coverage gap with my Humana Medicare coverage. At that time, my costs for both Humalog and Lantus will be more than $1300 each for a 3 month supply. Once I get out of the coverage gap, I go into catastophic coverage which will lowe my costs to almost nothing for Lantus and Humalog. I will be in the coverage gap for a 3 month period, one quarter of the year.

I live on SSI Disablility alone so the $2600 for a 3 month supply is not an option.

SCBN I believe to be a scam as you suggest. I really don't remember what problem I had with them years ago as I say.

In your opinion, I should stay away from SCBN correct?

Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Select Care Benefits Networkcharged without receiving any help or medications.

Spoke with representative about receiving help paying for medications. I have no prescription coverage and require numerous medications. Insulin is my most expensive. Was told I could get help with the cost. Was told insulin would be $35.00 a month. Needed to have Dr. to send a prescription. Their first concern before getting started was for me to give them my bank account information. Which I did with the understanding funds would be withdrawn once a month after they received my signed paperwork and my Dr.'s paperwork. My 3 medications were suppose to be $70.00 a month. Went to Dr. for her to fill out paperwork for me. She advised me to wait until I tried different insulin in hopes of getting my Diabetes under control. I took her advise and did not send paperwork back to company. It was my understanding services would not start until all paperwork was signed and returned. Much to my surprise when I received my bank statement this month there was a charge for $120.00. Immediately called Scbn. How could there be a charge when I have not received any medication and still have the paperwork. That is when they tell you that you are being charged for their service not medication. During all the communications I had with different represenatatives not one time did they say you are paying for services instead of medications. If this is true why do they break your charges down by each medication you are receiving. Because this is a scam. Cheat the very people that need your help the most. Nowhere did I find in the paperwork that you are paying for a service instead of medications. They send you a sample paper to explain how you need to get a prescription for each medication. The service they supposedly charged me for is still alluding me since I have no medication and was not even notified my service was active. They asked me why did I not call and notify them I was waiting to mail paperwork. Answer is I did not know they activate their service as soon as they get your financial information. Make them take responsibility for their confusing information and representation of drug companies that want to help with the cost of their drugs. Wish I had read complaints on line before dealing with this supposedly helpful service. Give refund to me and others that have been SCAMED. Have all intentions to see this settled in my favor.

SelectCare Benefits Networkcharged for services not provided

I contacted Lilly the drug manufacturer in November 2015 for relief in paying for drugs I could no longer afford but were essential to my well being. SCBN called me and professed to provide me with this particular drug from Lilly, the drug manufacturer, at no cost. My only cost would be $35.00 per month payable to SCBN as an administrative and processing fee. There was an initial fee of $50.00. I completed and submitted the paper work in a timely manner. When I heard nothing from SCBN I called them and was told my paperwork was approved and I would be receiving paperwork that I was to mail direct to Lilly. As each month passed $35.00 was being deducted from my bank account. When the paperwork did not arrive, I called SCBN and was told the paperwork to my doctor was lost and would have to be resubmitted. SCBN said if my doctor could fax the information that would be acceptable and they would call my doctor to initiate the fax. Several days later I again called SCBN and was told they were unable to reach my doctor. I called my doctor who assured me she was in the office on that date and time and the office did not receive any calls or faxes from SCBN. I called SCBN. It is now February 2016. SCBN tells me Lilly has changed their LILLYCARES PATIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM and there is now a $1100.00 spend down and only after that spend down is met will Lilly provide my medication at no charge. SCBN never called to inform me of the change in Lilly's requirements. I informed SCBN I could not afford to pay the spend down and under those circumstances SCBN's services could not help me. I asked for a refund because I had received no benefits or drugs for the $155. I had paid SCBN.
                        I was told to submit a letter to SCBN's Customer Care Department detailing my request for a refund which I did. I received an unsigned SCBN form letter dated March 8, 2016 stating my paperwork as submitted to the LillyCares PAP on December 9, 2015 and "There will not be a refund issued to you." Since I received false information from SCBN, was not informed of the spend down requirement and received no drugs I feel I am entitled to a refund of $155.00. Member 1411700

SCBN (Select Care Benefits Network)prescription assistance customer care

ID # 1342043 I am writing to ask for a refund of $65.00 taken from my checking account in January 2016. My husband was receiving help with 3 scripts after he entered the coverage gap in 2015. He is not eligible in January because he does have a prescription plan and is not in the gap. I was not happy with the service I received from the beginning, I had trouble getting deliveries on time and had to make numerous calls to confirm different problems that occurred. On two occasions I was given incorrect information by SCBN reps. I called after the withdrawal was made in January and they told me it was their error but that I could not get a refund. I have canceled my account with SCBN. I have authorized my bank to not allow any more automatic deductions from my account to SCBN, I received a call today and told the rep again that I was canceling the account, she was the one that gave me this site to request the refund. At one point I had to call Lilly Manufacturer and I was told I could request from them the application for their meds on my own. They also told me that the manufacturers give the meds to consumers for free, so I am paying a monthly fee to SCBN for nothing except mailing me applications for manufacturers when he enter the coverage gap which I can get myself. I really feel that you are misleading the public when not informing them that we can get the forms ourselves and still get free meds. I insist that my $65.00 be returned to me and also my $30.00 that I had to pay the bank to change the withdrawal approval since it was not my fault, they should have known that Jan 1 2016 everything starts over and he would not be in the gap. [protected]@yahoo.com

Select Care Benefits Networkprescription assistance program

I had inquired to SCBN when I had a very poor prescription plan and very expensive prescriptions. I was talked up by several reps that the meds I was taking would become very low cost to me. As soon as I enrolled in the program they would obtain the information from my primary physician to get the prescriptions filled and then sent to the doctors office. My primary care doctor never received the request for prescriptions, which I told a rep from SCBN. They acted as if it was somehow very strange. I have never heard from SCBN again. I do not have any account number as (stupidly) I did all my business over the phone and never received anything in writing. I continue to get billed $70 / month for over a year and can not find a contact number to disenroll. I am ashamed to feel that I have been scammed. I need help to get out of this terrible plan that has provided nothing and taken over $1000 from me.

Select Care Benefits Networknot receiving insulin for my husband dark w. smith!!

My husband is suppose to be receiving some Diabetes Medication from Select Care Benefits Network!! It was on May 4, 2015 when I gave the information to a guy on the phone his name was Scott. I had talked to him a few times not knowing what to tell him about my information!! I finally decided to go ahead & apply for my husbands!! Scott whom I talked to said my husband would get the insulin no matter what as long as I paid them a $115.00 that day!! I talked to him that was May 4, 2015 after that I would be drafted $65.00 around the 4th of each month!! He got the information from me which I probably knew to good to be true!! I said are you sure he will receive the insulin for sure he (Scott) said yes he will it will be sent out within a few days in the mail & all my husband will pay is $65.00 a month!! Then before I hung up the phone he said I will turn you over to someone else for some information I ask(Scott) is this someone to tell that he is not going to get the insulin he said no!!Then I knew I had made a bad choice!! Then he said thank you Renee (me) & your husband Darl should receive his insulin in a few days!! Then a lady her name was Suzanne came on the phone & ask all kinds of questions then I knew that it was a bad deal!! They sent paper work to my husband not knowing this was going to happen well sort of because it sounded to good to be true!! When Scott took my money he said for sure that's all you will pay not saying that you have to do all this paper work!! I didn't send the paper work back yet just to see what would happen & of course he has not received any insulin & he is out!! I would advice this company SCBN Prescription Advocacy to deposit the money they took out back into our account or send the insulin!! So we can find someone else to help him because he has to have the insulin & it is very expensive!! Now he is out & this medicine is around $1500.00!! I have not sent the paper work back for 1 reason Scott said he would get his insulin no matter what for another I just am waiting to see if he does because he said my husband would get his insulin no matter what if you decide to send the insulin I will send the paper work but I gave Suzanne enough information which to whom I spoke to after I talked to Scott!! I called the # today July 13, 2015 and they kept putting me on hold then they said they were not available!! Thank You and respond to me asap!! My membership # ID: 1312109 or that's what the paper work says!! I don't know how you can be a member if you don't receive anything!! The only thing is they are getting your money & we're getting ZIP!!! I need a answer fast!!!

SCBN — prescription assistance

This company is supposed to help individuals who can not afford Benicar a blood pressure medicine. I got the...

Select Care Benefits Networkno service, no refund

I am currently taking a medication I have to pay out of pocket for. My unemployment has run out and I have been living off of an annuity acct. I contacted SCBN for assistance to purchase this medication that at the pharmacy discount is 120.00 . This company asked for proof of income. I emailed the info to them. A week later I called since they did not call me and found the emails had never been looked at. I resent the info via fax cause they said it was hard to read. I then faxed the verification. Another week goes buy and I have to contact them again. They claimed it was not received. I then told them it was too much work for me to do what I needed to do and make sure they were doing what they needed to do and pay them at the same time. I requested a refund . Not once did they send me an email stating I would not get my money back. The monthly cost was explained to me as being charged for the medication and for the application. Now, their tune has changed. I informed them I was at the end of my current prescription and needed a refill. This medication you cannot stop taking abruptly, per the manufacturer. They ignored my email. I was later sent an email from them stating I didn't qualify for the membership.
                                This company took my money and put my health at risk and put me in an added financial strain I did not need. Now, only now do they want to do what should have been done months ago. I had to go without my medicine until I could come up with money to pay for another prescription. I told them I did not want to do business with them because of their practices and because what they mentally and physically put me through. They were not out of anything and did not provide me with any services, they had no justification in taking/keeping my money. It's not justifiable when you handle clients and their medication in a manner that potentially puts them at a health risk of any kind.

Select Care Benefits — my medicine

I contacted SCBN in August 2014 for help with my medicine, Symbicort Inhaler. They said it would cost $85.00...

Select care Benefit Networkmedication assistance

I spoke to a representative today and cancelled my request for Crestor and Atacand. I have been very disappointed in the time it has taken to process this order at $70 / month for over 1 year. I have sent all the requested information numerous times with no result. the call today was to again request more information. I would like to request a refund of my money due to lack of progress on your part. I have great concern for people who need their medication and are at risk for complications of hypertension. Please look at your quality control. No one should have to wait over 1 year to get their medication. As a retired RN, I would have the state at my front door asking why I was not meeting the needs of my patients. I also would have a law suit for malpractice. Please, again, look at you QA related to timeliness of completing applications.