4460 Mayfield Road, South Euclid, OH, 44121, US
Fri:8:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

CVS / Pharmacyegregious treatment by manager

Today I went to CVS and used the restroom while I was there. Apparently, there was a sign on the door that said "out of order", but I did not see it. The sign was posted only 3 feet above the ground on the door and I am over 6 feet tall. The restroom was not out of order, however.

When I came out, a CVS employee and manager were waiting for me ready to pounce like a lion on its prey. They immediately began verbally attacking me, telling me to "get the ### out" of the store. I told them that I had just used the restroom and asked what the problem was. The manager told me that I have "mental problems" and that I have "the mental capacity of a 10 year old". Not wanting a confrontation, I began walking swiftly out of the store. The employee and manager chased me, yelling profanities at me. They chased me right out the door into the parking lot and continued to insult me outside.

I called the store after I left and spoke with the manager who's name was Carolyn. I explained to her that I had used the restroom and that I did not know that it was out of order. She interrupted me and told me to "go shop somewhere else". She refused to let me speak, and told me that if I had a problem with her to call their corporate office at 1-800-shop-cvs. Then she hung up on me.

You bet I called their corporate office. I have never been treated by a store employee like that before in my whole life. What egregious and unprofessional treatment! Now I'm waiting for a call from their regional manager to explain what happened. I think that the manager Carolyn should start looking for a new job because I doubt that her regional manager will want to keep her on staff after he hears about the way that she treats customers.

• Re
      RealityCheck4U Dec 02, 2010

This sounds like either you are lying or leaving some details out of the story. I highly doubt that employees of a store would mistreat anyone without a reason.

I work in retail and let me tell you that no matter how much you lie to the corporation when you call the customer service number, they ALREADY know the REAL story that was sent to them by the employees. They give the corporation a heads up because they know that most likely someone will try to call and complain about something that is a lie.

So, save your lies, its not getting you anywhere in life!

• De
      deedle11 Feb 28, 2011

I think she's telling the truth...I have two children that work at CVS, and they take a lot of crap from managers there, and with these hard times, it's very tough to find a good paying job...So they keep on taking the crap while going to college at the same time, just trying to make it through life. I would love to see both my kids quit that job, but hey, you have to work somewhere, and all job's have crap...Don't be so quick to judge people, because there are a lot of a--hole manager's out there, i know i used to work for one...