[Resolved] Cell Cnon-responsive, lazy, legal department

To whom it may concern.

I am absolutely livid as to the laziness and completely non-cooperative attitude that I have experienced from the Cell C Legal department regarding a contract I took out with them over 5 years ago. Everytime I have tried to resolve this issue, they are basically not willing to hear me out an allow me to sort this out.

This is what happened. I had a contract with Cell C which was for the phone number [protected], I tried to cancel the contract when they said that I needed to pay in the amount of the rest of the contract. I was unfortunately unemployed at the time and I therefore couldn't pay the amount required. My account was then handed over to a legal attorney called NDS. I tried to make a payment arrangement with them but unfortunately couldn't afford what they were expecting me to pay. As soon as I found work I tried to contact NDS who said that the account had been handed back to Cell C. So I therefore tried to get hold of Cell C, they then put me through to the legal department and the call cut. I then tried again, but the call cut for a second time. I then tried at third time an eventually was able to speak to someone. This person said that my account was not with them they said that it was with NDS, to which I said that I had already spoken to them and they said that it was with Cell C. I am absolutely livid as to Cell C not taking responsibility for the account.

About 2 years ago I needed to pay an amount of R850, and just recently when I spoke to this lady at Cell C legal, she said I owed in excess of R3800. Who the hell can afford that much in penalty fees when I have tried to sort this out. Please can someone get hold of me urgently as I expect the amount that I need to pay to be cleared and for Cell C to issue a formal letter apologizing for there lack of customer service.

Once again I would like to say that I EXPECT THIS AMOUNT TO BE COMPLETELY CLEARED AND MY ITC RECORD TO BE COMPLETELY CLEARED.

Richard
Cellphone Number: [protected]
Email Address: [protected]@gmail.com

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 21, 2017

Hi Richard, thank you for making contact. The matter has been escalated and our team will be calling you to help. ^NS

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 25, 2017

We acknowledge receipt of the above complaint and will ensure that it is looked into and feedback will be provided. Do expect communication from one of our team members during the course of the day.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Cell C | PN

Ri
Jan 21, 2017

Comments

• Ce
      Jan 25, 2017

Cell C personnel refuses to sort out issues, they have now handed me over when actually the account was paid up in full. the device got stolen and I called cell c to CANCEL the contract altogether since i had taken up a new data contract. The person i spoke too said the cancellation was successful, to my shock now i apparently owe them money to the extent that they've listed me!!! i am beside myself with anger, i have wasted more airtime calling them than the amount they claim i owe. there is never a direct number to call, they move you from pillar to post until you literally cut the call. in the meantime my name is getting messed up with the rude SHAPIRO SHAIK staff they send our names to. i will make a noise about this until someone responds, i will not be paying money that i have n business paying to Cell C!!! the number in question is [protected], do note that I will not rest also till this is sorted out,