Complaints & Reviews

Worldsim card — Did not work, can't get help

My dtr bought the card for her trip to Europe last year. It kept asking for a code. We tried to get help from Worldsim. I called the manufacturer of her device who told us they do not lock their devices. Worldsim help was useless. Every person would tell her to put her card in an unlocked device which she did several times and the card didnt work. I contacted Worldsim at least five times. My dtr contacted Worldsim in every country she went to (11). Every time we started from square one with put it into an unlocked device. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! I can recommend Skyroam whose product works everywhere. We are out about $120 for the card PLUS $150 that my dtr put on the card and can't use. AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!

world sim card

I purchased 5 SIM cards to be used for a trip to Europe for $120. They arrived on 6/20. None of them worked; when i put them into my phones, they all caused the phones to say No SIM card installed. It took several days to hear back from tech support and they could not resolve the problem. Since I was leaving on my trip a few days later, I did not have the time to try and get them to work and/or get replacements from them given their lack of responsiveness. I also did not trust the company or the cards assuming they did end up working, so I asked for a refund. I have been trying ever since to get a refund.
The company will not honor their warranty. They are refusing to give me a refund, even though it was requested within their stated 14 day window. Their warranty also is for 6 months against defective product, and they refuse to refund me based on that either. They keep telling me it is unlikely that none of the cards work, even though I tried troubleshooting them with their tech support before I went on my trip. The form to submit a refund request on their website does not work - it tells me that the case number is invalid, even though it is the same one they are using in their email correspondence. They tell me I should use their live chat so they can troubleshoot, but there is no way to access the live chat on their website, and they won't tell me how to access it.

This is a horrible company that thinks very little of their customers. They do not honor their warranty and do not stand behind their product. I am now out $120 thanks to them. I ended up purchasing my sim cards from OneSIM and they worked fine (with excellent customer service).

faulty calling outbound

About to move to Thailand in Aug, 2019, I bought a WorldSim card. It worked well on a trial call...

WorldSIM verified

worldsim card as compared to onesim universal card

WORLDSIM:
I have used the worldsim card for over a year now. My conclusions:
- incoming roaming quality varies significantly from place to place:
-Australia: NOT WORKING WELL. They roam free of charge with optus or vodafone, for a hefty charge with Telstra. However in the northwest vodafone is almost non-existing, optus rather bad and unreliable.
-Reunion: NOT WORKING AT ALL
-Mauritius: works well free of charge
- virtual numbers: I had australian, french, US, and german numbers.
After many outages of some or all and the customer service only reacting after 12 hours or more I gave them up.
- Incoming calls to the main number (UK special mobile) are generally ok, however this number is VERY expensive to call.So without reliable virtual numbers there is not much use for it.
- call forwarding only works reliably to UK landline numbers.

ONESIM:
2 months ago I switched to onesim universal with australian, french and UK virtual numbers.No complaints there. In Australia they roam with telstra. Excellent voice quality and very reliable.

worldsim services

I bought a service from WorldSim few days back because I was going for vacation outside my country. I bought a INR2000 service. Today when it's my first day of vacation, I tried to use the Sim card but to my surprise, I'm not able to make any calls. The contact person from whom I brought this isn't picking my calls either. Now I'm stuck and can't contact anyone for help.
My WorldSim no. [protected]

• Wa
    Walter Bruckner Apr 16, 2019

WORLDSIM:
    I have used the worldsim card for over a year now. My conclusions:
    - incoming roaming quality varies significantly from place to place:
    -Reunion: NOT WORKING AT ALL
    -Mauritius: works well free of charge
    - virtual numbers: I had australian, french, US, and german numbers.
    - call forwarding only works reliably to UK landline numbers.

ONESIM:

pending refund

We have place order in dec 2018, however, the things we order didn't manage to ship to us withtin estimated delivery time given and secondly one of the things we order run out of stock. So we request refund but until now feb 2019 we still not yet get back refund even we have been sending few emails to them n ask for refund but they did not response our email and also still pending refund to us. Very very bad service and cheating !!!
Pls make refund
Order number: 7442779-p4h7q1

worldsim

• Requested a sim to be delivered to my home in Dubai on 21 December 2018. • Around about 26...

WorldSIM verified

scam company which gives you only half the amount you order

I ordered the bundle from worldsim.com with 1GB when travelling to US. First issue I faced was that I couldn't get internet working on my phone. So I had to spend around 40min in the airport where was the free wi-fi to consult with support in chat so they could enable the data for me and I could start using it.

After using around 500MB the internet stopped working. I had to find wi-fi and contact support (because I couldn't call the support) and they told me that my bundle is over. Ok, I thought maybe it's some mistake, so I ordered another bundle (had to pay more for it somehow, as initial price isn't available when you top-up). And again, after another ~500MB the internet was shut down. Support told me again, that I've used whole 1GB. They told me that's because they count sessions in 1MB increment. I don't know how this works, but buying 500MB from my provider for the same price got me the same results, as my provider counts data correctly and if I buy 500MB, I can use 500MB, not the half.

AVOID this scam company (worldsim.com) if you can. Buying any pre-paid card in US would be cheaper for me in any way, but I didn't know how crappy this company is. Next time I'll use my provider's internet or will look for pre-paid cards in the destination country AND WILL NEVER USE THIS SCAM COMPANY!!!

non existant customer service

My World SIM arrived today. It does work and I do have some credit. But there is no customer service option that works. Just nothing.
I am supposed to be able to call free by dialing 190 or 154 from my handset. Neither of these work. The UK customer service number on their website and on e-mails is [protected]. This is not valid number, if I ring it it just cuts out. Their instant chat is just a useless bot, no help at all. I filled in an enquiry form saying that [protected] was not a valid number and I got an instant reply telling me to ring [protected]!!! I sent a FB message saying I could not get in contact and got an instance response telling me to use instant chat or ring [protected].

All in all terrible, utterly terible - it is going in the bin. Do not be fooled like me.

world sim card

Dreadful, try ringing them before even looking at this. I was n Tibet for 2 months and the only network was Cmcc, unicom does not exist in Tibet. The only data was 2G which was useless, even after 6 times of trying to get it resolved nothing.
Steer clear there customer service is very bad and you can not get through to anyone to resolve.

I was climbing Everest over 2 months, so could only connect when in basecamp, some of the transcript below, the last question was never even answered!

Hi Dominic Renshaw,
Your message has been received and is currently being reviewed by our team.
For your reference, this ticket id is #9.
Dominic Renshaw Apr 20, 07:08
Please confirm I am using cmcc, however it only give 2g coverage, the 4g is not working with this SIM card. I have a local one that is connecting to the 4g so i know it works.
On 14 Apr 2018 20:31, WorldSIM wrote:
Chat on worldsim.com

Conversation started on : Saturday, April 14, 2018, at 12:02 (GMT+0)

[12:03] Dominic Renshaw: Name : Dominic Renshaw

Email : [protected]@ad-extra.com

Phone :

Message : China unicorn is not available in Tibet? So I can not connect to a network to use the SIM. Please confirm

[12:03] Gaby has joined the conversation

[12:04] Gaby: Hi, this is Gaby to assist you.

[12:05] Gaby: Please be informed that your WorldSIM Number : is already connected with correct recommended network operator on China (Tibet ) with "China Mobile Communication Corp."

[12:06] Visitor 'like' this conversation

[12:06] Gaby: which is also the recommended network operator in China (Tibet)

[12:06] Visitor removed the rating for this conversation

[12:06] Visitor 'like' this conversation

[12:06] Gaby: your sim card is working fine with internet data services as we checked form our calls .

[12:06] Dominic Renshaw: So if I use cmcc it will work normally?

[12:07] Dominic Renshaw: I only want internet access so if I connect to cmcc and turn off roaming I should be able to just use data is that correct?

[12:08] Gaby: Please be requested to Top-up your sim card by this link as it has only this current credit balance of : £0.00

[12:08] Gaby: Please be requested to Top-up your sim card by this link: https://www.worldsim.com/top-up

[12:08] Dominic Renshaw: Please confirm the answer to my question first.

[12:09] Gaby: yes it will work perfectly with China Mobile Communication Corp."

[12:09] Gaby: ok.

[12:09] Dominic Renshaw: Do I go for credit or bundle?

[12:10] Gaby: and you can use the internet data services perfectly :

[12:11] Gaby: currently we do not have a data bundle for China, but you can go for the Pay As You Go Credit :

[12:11] Gaby: https://www.worldsim.com/top-up

[12:11] Gaby: I would like to inform you that we have some promotional code offer for you by which you will get a flat discount of 10 % on your any purchase.

[12:12] Dominic Renshaw: How much GB do I get for £10

[12:13] Gaby: ok, let me check it .

[12:14] Dominic Renshaw: And does it have a time restriction, such it has to be used within 7 days

[12:16] Gaby: For the internet data charges : £0.19/ 1MB

[12:17] Gaby: https://www.worldsim.com/international-roaming-tariffs

[12:18] Dominic Renshaw: Time restrictions?

[12:19] Gaby: It is has no validity, it depends on your consumption .

[12:19] Gaby: ok.

[12:19] Dominic Renshaw: Ok

[12:19] Gaby: Do you want me to share the promo codes with you for your any purchase to avail 10% discount ?

[12:19] Dominic Renshaw: Yes pleas

[12:21] Gaby: Alright, please give me a moment, let me share the promo codes with you.

[12:22] Gaby: please try to check these promo codes and you can use these promo codes one by one for your any purchase with WorldSIM:

[12:25] Gaby: AG4G0LH1TC5RS, AG43LTD8RESS2, AG4WQZYQXJ4QP

and

[12:25] Gaby: AG4TVJ8QUL2O0

[12:26] Gaby: ok and let me know are these promo codes working or not ?

[12:27] Gaby: Are you there???

No tawk.to [https://tawk.to] live chat account ? Create one for free here [https://tawk.to/?utm_source=chattranscript&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=signup]!

WorldSIM verified

sim card sold without checking compatibility

while buying the sim, I had checked with Indian sales executive about systems requirement, and she...

Don't order anything

Buyers beware! It's a big scam!
I purchased a Huawei E5885 4G+ Mobile Hotspot & Powerbank (it's a portable wi-fi device) and it arrived damaged.
I bet their customer service knows my phone number by heart because I called them many times. I wish that made any sense. Honestly, they just don't know what to do, don't know what to say. Looks like they hired people from the street who have no idea what they are doing there instead of providing a real help to real customers.
It's terrible. I don't recommend anyone this shady company.

sim

I have contacted (when you phoneline is active) which is a task on its own only to be asked...

international sim card

I purchased a new international Sim card from World sim on 29 Sep 2017. The packaging did not list a UK phone number and I had to go to the online chat to get the phone number. Once I had that, I tried to register the sim on the network in the USA. I will not register on any network. I have contacted Worldsim numerous times with no success or resolution. I am always told it will be escalated to the next level, but no one contacts me back. I keep trying to contact them on the online chat to get a new sim mailed, but they will not because I have to retry all the previous maneuvers to see if it will work. The sim will not register on any US network.
What I would like is for world sim to send me a new sim, but now they need to send it overnight express because I am leaving the country. They refuse to do this.

sim card

I contacted the customer care when my old sim was not working the chat service was amazing but for...

customer service / top up

Contacted customer service by chat as I was unable to perform a top up on my current number after receiving email prompts to do so - the representative kept asking the same questions and could not understand the problem I was having despite me trying to explain in different ways - they were slow and kept repeating themselves and told me they were dealing with "5/6 other people" - the website states that credit does not expire as long as a call is made annually but if no top up is done the credit apparently expires even if a call is made - when I tried to top up to save my credit the system wouldn't let me!

WorldSIM verified

unclear delivery options and bad customer service

Order number: ORD -7349546-P4W2H7 I ordered a sim card from your website after having spoken to one...

WorldSIM verified

beyond ridiculous!! absolutely unprofessional company!

This company is terrible and their service is beyond ridiculous! I got their SIM and no matter what I tried it was not working. Since there was no way I could resolve the matter myself I decided to contact WorldSIM support service and ask them for help. I had never spoke to such ridiculous and unprofessional service. These people were not able to answer my questions, they had no idea how to fix my SIM and all they said was sorry. You know, it really seemed like they had nothing to do with WorldSIM company. But the fact was that these people are WorldSIM representatives and their main job was to assist customer. I got no help from these clowns. What a joke, I will never use them again and of course I will warn everyone I know! Better stay away!

overdue refund since 2016/12/29

I received confirmation on2016/12/29 that I'll receive my refund after the wrong delivered good...

sim was not working

I travel a lot and I decided that it was time for me to buy a SIM. I found this service WorldSIM and it seemed like a great deal. Unfortunately when I went abroad and tried to use the card I realized that my number was not working and that was a huge problem. Right after I arrived at the hotel I contacted WorldSIM customer service and asked for help. They said that they need me to pay some extra to fix the problem, so I paid extra £50 and nothing changed! My number wasn't working. Customer service rep promised they'll contact me back later and never did that. Do not trust this company, they are nothing but scam artists! I want a full refund!

• We are truly very sorry to learn of your experience with our product and service, please accept our sincere apologies. We are looking into the issue and doing everything we can to correct it as soon as possible.We would appreciate the opportunity to turn this experience around for you. Could you supply us with your local phone number or WorldSIM number or your registered email or any ticket number so that we can contact you in order to discuss this matter further please? We appreciate your patience and your co-operation in this matter. Thank you for your valued custom.
    Regards,
    WorldSIM team.

useless service

I bought a WorldSim card which fell to bits as I was trying to insert it into my phone. I had...

wireless earphones

About 3 months back I ordered the promoted wireles WorldSIM earphones (3 sets) which meant 6 piece...

cowards!

I bought two SIM cards from WorldSIM company. One was for me and the other one for my husband. Mine...

WorldSIM verified

u. k. number provided does not accept international calls

29 July 2016 The U.K. number provided will not accept any incoming international calls, including...

total joke!

I have purchased a SIM card from WorldSIM company and at first it was working fine, but then broke...

new phone installment

I purchased their Travel Genie phone. They said it supports dual SIM, but when I inserted 2 SIM...

data access with worldsim

I was very disappointed buying their USB modem. I tried for a lot of time to connect it. I called their customer service and the apologized and they promised me resolve the issue. After half an hour I got phone from the WorldSIM team and they assured me that they resolved the issue. After that, so far, am not getting any issue.

faulty sim card

I purchased a worldsim card on a Qantas flight QF0007 for Dallas on the 11th of November. Since...