Complaints & Reviews

Service and Billing

After moving locations, we discovered we were being charged for an internet service level that could not be achieved at our location (speed) and Integra refused to offer a more appropriate package. Additionally, we had numerous phone outages which were disruptive to our business. In the final outage, technical service called back 3 hours later (after the phones were back) and when they heard the phones were up asked us what WE did!

Also, be aware that if you have a billing dispute, Integra will make no effort to resolve it with you and will let the late fees rack up. Run away as fast as you can!!!

Customer service

I had Allstream Services for about 3 years. Their equipment was satisfatory, but their customer service was just non-existent. They have raised my price from $90 to $147 in that time. When I questioned this with their rep. their answer was "because by the terms of the agreement we can" .
I had enough and switched to Bell. I have not seen worse customer service in 20 years in business. My advice is RUN !!!

Scam

We were without service for 2-3 days after we spent $2500 in tv advertising! No one could call us. They were told to enter a mailbox number (a generic mailbox). It wasn't even our mailbox. The company couldn't figure out why it happened. We have spent so many hours calling and complaining about the problems with their service but this one was a big problem that cost us lots of money!! we could call out but no one could call us! Customer service was horrible and repair people were stupid! We were told that they checked it out and the phone calls went through?? We have emails from people who said they could not get through and the boss of the company was one of them who got the voice mail message. That was when we realized the phone was messed up.

Worst company to work for in Sales

If you are looking for a new outside sales job in the Seattle area and you are thinking about Integra Telecom...

Overcharges

Integra Telecom service charged us for service that we did not have. We upgraded our services from 2 T1s to 3 T1 bundled lines. They charged us for the new bonded 3 T1s and still charged us for the old 2xT1s.

They over charged us for 18 months and during that time they had a sales person review our services as we were considering upgrading to more lines. Because we had a change in our IT staff the contract for the new 3 bonded T1s was not reviewed when the new bonded T1s were put in. After Integra came on site and reviewed our services they never said anything about charging us for the 2 T1s that we had disconnected. They only presented us a quote for more lines on top of the 3 we had plus hid the 2 they were charging us for but did not have. When we brought it to their attention the said it was our fault. When I explained to them that they had done a review of our services and reported it to us they left the no longer connected, but charged for T1s off the quote.

We had an onsite meeting with them to resolve the dispute and they only told us that they would credit us for only 3 months. They could not explain why the lines were kept off the report or why it was not brought to our attention that they were billing us for a service that they knew we were not getting. I had reviewed with the sales person what we had and the sales person just never said a thing about the service we were not getting or the charges associated with it. The new account manager only said that the old sales person should have notified us of the discrepancy, but since she was no long with the company they blamed it all on sales person that left the company.

We were told at that time since our contract was over that they would disconnect the lines as soon as we got replacements. We got replacements and were told that we had a new sales person and they could only turn off the lines after another monthly billing cycle no matter what the negotiating team told us.

This company is not trustable and beware they will pull the wool over your eyes and leave you miserable and pissed. After looking into more complaints about this company my only advice is to stay very clear of this unscrupulous company.

This company will not be in business long if they continue to operate in combative environment with their ever dwindling customer base.

Please pass the fact that there is another dissatisfied ex-Integra customer.

Save yourselves the hassle of a bad company.

no service for 2-3 days

we were without service for 2-3 days after we spent $2500 in tv advertising! No one could call us. They were told to enter a mailbox number (a generic mailbox). It wasn't even our mailbox. The company couldn't figure out why it happened. We have spent so many hours calling and complaining about the problems with their service but this one was a big problem that cost us lots of money!! we could call out but no one could call us! Customer service was horrible and repair people were stupid! We were told that they checked it out and the phone calls went through?? We have emails from people who said they could not get through and the boss of the company was one of them who got the voice mail message. That was when we realized the phone was messed up.

Mts allstream phone company totally unprofessional & incompetent- THIRD WORLD QUALITY

MTS ALLSTREAM CANADA - SUCKS, POOR SERVICE LEVELS, INCOMPETENT TECHNOLOGY, UNPROFESSIONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE HANDICAPPED.

Unfortunately due to reference from a friend I opted for MTS Allstream services along with toll free line for my business.
Ordered two lines in 2009, It took almost two months to connect the line and to make it functional. I resisted my anger due to my friend who was involved in referring this service. Else I would have trashed their service in first place.

Somehow our company used their third rate service for few months with all the trouble, and unreliable service. No matter how many times you call their handicapped customer service, your work doesn;t get coordinated. Seems nothing is in place in their company. Their phone lines are leased from Bell network. They do not have anything of their own.

Finally after getting pissed off with their deteriorated customer service, I planned to cancel one line and decided to move another line to new address so that I can retain my main number till I can switch same number to another service.
But for moving the service to new address it took again 2 months (contrary to their promise of 8 days), starting 2nd week of Dec 2009, the work was partial finished in last week of January 2010.
Even today to get the toll free service and other features back I am still waiting to see any action from their office.
As Allstream moved the line by 26th Jan 2010 ( it was done by Bell) but toll free & other features are not functional till today. Two months of wait for moving line and still do not see anyone in their company to fix the issues.
All that I get to talk to is one different high school drop out girls every 10 minutes and there is not really much of coordination.

Will give up and get rid off their services once my main number is transferred to other reliable and competent service. ( Since I do not want to loose established phone number for my business)

Allstream is a company which cannot be relied for their services, technology or customer service. Keep them out of your premises and save your money, time and mental peace.

By now they should have been out of business, but unfortunately in this country everything works where communication is not important aspect being consumer based economy. These companies take undue advantage of limited competition. All that I would say is that companies like MTS Allstream won;t find place even in third world countries with this kind of service and technology they have.

However they gave me rebate of 150$ when their services were not fully functional for two months when I ordered new lines in 2009. But against this- I lost few thousand dollars in rental and business loss.

STEER CLEAR FROM MTS ALLSTREAM, if you want peace of mind and do not want to ruin your business.

FOR ANY GOOD OR BAD REASON THEY BLAME IT ON BELL. BUT IT IS NOT CUSTOMER'S PROBLEM AS OUR CONTRACT AND PAYMENT IS WITH ALLSTREAM. WHAT THEY DO INTERNALLY WITH BELL TO LEASE THEIR HARDWARE OR MANPOWER OR TECHNOLOGY IS THEIR PROBLEM. IT IS NOT CUSTOMER'S BUSINESS TO LISTEN TO THEIR EXCUSES BASED ON WHATEVER ISSUES THEY HAVE. THEIR JOB IS TO FIX UP THINGS IN STIPULATED TIME. BUT THEY FAIL ALWAYS. TOTAL UNPROFESSIONAL BUNCH OF JOKERS.

MTS ALLSTREAM= BUNCH OF JOKERS=POOR SERVICE=RIPOFF

• Al
    Allstream_Small_Biz Mar 08, 2010

Hi there -- I work for Allstream Small Business. It’s never good to hear that a customer has had difficulties, and I’m sorry that’s to hear that was the case. I’m not sure if your business is a customer of our division specifically, but I thank you for your feedback in any case as it’s valuable for us to keep making improvements. I assure you that we’re working diligently on making continuous improvements to serve our customers better every day.

As a note regarding our lines, we have our own extensive network coast-to-coast in Canada, but in some cases we must rely on other company’s lines to have a wider reach as do all telecommunications companies. Once again, I’m sorry to hear about the issue and I sincerely wish you the best. If you’d like to follow up please feel free to contact me. I’m on Twitter at twitter.com/asb_mark.

Kind regards,

Mark

• Do
    Don't trust Allstream Feb 01, 2012

I had a similar Allstream experience in August 2011, where they missed the installation date by 4-days, losing me thousands in lost time/business. They further misrepresented their name call display feature which simply won't function on our phone system despite very specific/written ads to the contrary. Finally, they sent me a fixed-fee quote in writing, however after less than 6-months now jacking up the fees significantly, totally inconsistent with their verbal/written price quote.

Some companies are just incompetent, however I have a serious breach of trust concern with core ethics of this company continuing to advertise their call name display feature unsupported by my Allstream service in mid-town Toronto, and so eager to break written price quotes within less than 6-months of installation as if small businesses are too busy/lazy to notice this outright scam.

• Ag
    Agile Offices Oct 19, 2015

hi, can anyone advise how Allstream has been doing since 2012 to now. Was thinking of getting the service for a business centre in downtown Toronto where there is heavy usage of Internet. Pls advise? thanks

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices