Cell C / increased capped limit without my consent

1 Johannesburg, South Africa

I have recently taken 4 data contracts with CellC. When I took the 4 data contracts, I was not aware that those contracts are open lines. I only realized when my son told me that he cannot get access to the Internet even though the router was showing that he still has data. I then called CellC to enquire what has happen, that was then I was told it is an open line. Looking at my financial situation, I then requested that my limit be capped to the lowest amount that is available. The lady then told me that it will be kept at R50 which is the lowest limit I can get, meaning that over and above the R99 that I will be paying I can only exceed by R50. I agreed since I have already taken the contracts. What surprised me end of Oct is that I was charged R213 (1 router) and R644, 99 ( 3x routers) instead of R149 and R447 respectively. The last two number are the ones that I know, that I have adjusted my budget to accommodate the extra R50s.

Seeing the different amounts deducted from my account, I called CellC on the 15/11/2016 enquiring about the amount that was charged on my account. Fezeka who is the lady at the call centre that I spoke to after checking what has happened, informed me that my capped limit was increased from R50 to R100 on each of the 4 devises. My next question to her was who authorized that because I should have been contacted. She could not answer instead she said she will escalate my query and someone will call me to advise what happened. Two days passed by without any contact from CellC. Instead I made follow-up on 18/11/2016. Fortunately I got to be served by her again. When she checked she said the case has been closed and I should just know that the credit control has indeed increased my limit. She told me that the message was send to the router. While I was with her on the phone, there was a fire drill happening at the call centre and she promised to call me when she is back because I was not given satisfactory answers. I waited for her call which never came. instead I called again and one lady picked the phone up and said that she will send a message to her to call me. Up until now when I am writing this letter, she has not come back to me. What kind of service is this? I am the one who is paying and feeling the pitch when things are not happening as per plan. What should I expect next time, capped limit increased to R500 and be given just a lousy explanation just because my accounts get paid every month? This is not right and ETHICAL. If someone is desparetly looking for business or sales For his/her performance for the month should look good, can it not be at my expense PLEASE. What has happened on my account is an unauthorized increases That should be addressed by CellC.

Regarding the message that Fezeka spoke about, how will I know that they have send the message to the router when those routers are being used by 4 different people using different networks. For someone who is using the Vodacom and MTN, how does he insert a CellC in the Vodacom/MTN phone which still has warranty to check the message. The least that CellC could have done was to call and ask me whether I want my limit to be increased. Whoever has done this should pay for that difference that has been charged to my account as well as the November month as I did not accept that the limit should be increased.
Your intervention in this matter will be highly appreciated

Regards