Carl's Jr. / I got robbed $20 no food no money back!!!

My name is Yvonne and i totally agree with your comment. I just recently had a very aggravating experience with Carl's jr. myself, here in el centro CA located on adams ave and imperial 1498 Adams Ave. el centro Ca 92243 to be exact. Yesterday (9/9/2010 about 9:29 pm) evening after I got my payroll check from work I went straight to the bank to cash it, i requested the teller to give me nothing but $20 dollar bills went I cashed my check.

After a long day at work all i wanted to do was go to carl's jr. buy my family and I dinner so I can go home, eat and rest. Keeping In mind that Like I said I know for a fact That I had nothing Other than $20 dollar bills inside of my wallet!!! I placed an order at the drive thru cashiers name Priscilla; I ordered 5 piece chicken strips and an order of super nachos, My order came to a total of $9.71, When it came for me to pay the cashier, again as i said before I pulled out a $20.oo dollar bill to pay for my order, soon after the cashier gave me my change back i notice she only returned .29 cents back like if i had payed with a $10 dollar bill instead of A $20 DOLLAR. I automatically called this mistake to her attention and told her "excuse me but i gave you a $20 dollar bill and you only returned 29 cents back" with a confused look on her face she asked me "oh you gave me a twenty dollar bill? let me get my manager. I thought to myself "Hello don't you ever pay attention to the amount of money you are receiving from customers and what they pay you?!!"

This point she gets her manager (Jorge, which was a bigger ### than the cashier herself) the manager was counting her cashier register and he states that all the money in the cashier adds up with the amount in the register was even and equal to the amount that they been collected and that it was correct ( he stated that the computer had register a balance sale for the amount of $524. dollars and when he counted the money in cash he came up to an amount of $525. and some change. I Have been a manager of a dental office for a very long time AND I WORK WITH MONEY ALL THE TIME AND I NEVER CLOSE MY END OF DAY SHEET WITH MORE MONEY IN THE REGISTER THAN THE AMOUNT ON MY COMPUTER, SOMETIME I COME UP A COUPLE CENTS LESS OR EXACT MONEY but NEVER MORE, WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW THEY CAME UP WITH MORE CASH THAN WHAT THEY ARE REGISTERING ON THE COMPUTER HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? ARE THEY NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE MONEY THEY RETURN TO CUSTOMERS HOW MANY PEOPLE BESIDES ME HAVE THEY RIPPED OFF?!!!

By this point I was so aggravated and smoking pissed off, I decided to cancel my order and I just wanted a refund for my money. I was so upset now not just because of the horrible customer service but by the justice not being found. I started doing the math on my head and I came up with the conclusion that the only way my $20 dollar bill magically dissapeared and made the cashier register balance correctly had to be that before I placed and order the incompetent cashier must have given a wrong amount of change back to another customer before me or forgot to charge for something and which automatically made her register $9.00 dollars short before I even got there, and when i placed my order and gave her my $20 dollar bill her register even out to balance.

They kept telling me that there was no proof that i had payed with a $20 dollar bill because if that was in fact true they would be exactly ten dollars over. I asked for my money back and they said they couldn't do that. By the end off the night I left carl's jr. unsatisfied, aggravated, with no food and no money whats so ever back. I been robbed $20 dollars and the only thing they said they could do is give me the upper management 1877- star number and hope that they resolve the problem for me. I called this number spoke to an operator explain to her the situation (teresa) and now I am waiting for them to call me back with a solution. My advise to other people is to completely avoid going to that carl's jr. seems to me that the employee's there have no idea what they are doing and the place is being run by a ### of a manager which has no idea how to manage a business or even offer customer satisfaction.

• Calvenetta Jackson's Response, Apr 18, 2018

Horrible food. Sliders hard cold and had been sitting for a long time. Meat had turned colors to dark dark. Fries were cold.

Comments

• Ar
      Aug 14, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Costumer service
    Puyallup
    Washington

Every time I walk into my local store there is a young lady that gives me unprovoked attitude. Her name is Brooke. She looks at me very rudely and doesn't tell me to have a nice day or anything. I think it puts off a very bad vibe for this location.

• Yv
      Aug 14, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - unlawfully terminated from 1511 w ave k in lancaster ca
    Lancaster
    California

I have worked for this location for 7 months . They fired me with a fake reason heard from 2 other employees. I think it was unfair and unlawful. My name is Yvette Chambers. I can't sleep and just in the 1day that this has happened it has taken a toll on my life. I worked at store number 128. in Lancaster Ca. 93534. All I want is my job back.

• Li
      Aug 20, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Didn't get food
    Highland
    California

We spent an hour in the lobby with no other customers and five employees in the building and didnt get any food. We finally left out of frustration. We had a movie to go to.

• Ca
      Aug 21, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Product and service
    Los Angeles
    Afghanistan

Horrible food
    Sliders were hard
    Meat was dark it had turned colors because it was under the light for a long time.
    Cheese unmelted
    Fries warm
    I go home.
    I call the manager Jesus she said bring the order back she would replace it. but I explained to her, I am handicapped and can't come back that day. I gave her good money and I want good food.

• Ev
      Aug 28, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Food and service
    Brawley
    California

We ordered two double cheeseburger meals and three spicy chickens and s kids meal .everything was soggy and hardly no fries barely about halfway drinks we were flat. Service was poor and girl seemed distracted and annoyed. She didn't give us condiments or napkins. We were getting disappointed and we didn't even finish our so-called food.

• Lu
      Aug 29, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - costumer service
    oceanside
    California

They did not give me my receipt, the tables were all dirty, the food took 20 minutes they did not give me my receipt, the tables were all dirty, the food took 20 minutes

Sep 01, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - 5 dollar meal
    Rohnert Park
    California

My fiancé just went to the Rohnert Park california Carl's Jr. to get the 5 dollar meal. He gets home and there are three tiny chicken tenders and a few fries just thrown into the box, with the cookie in it's wrapper. I have never been so disappointed. I took a photo as well.

Sep 03, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Food presentation
    Glendale
    Arizona

Hot dogs and burgers were smashed 😒

• Pl
      Sep 06, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - service
    downey ca imperial highway
    carlsjr.com

The store closes at 11 PM I arrived to the drive-through at 10:42 to hear a recording saying that the stores close when there are two people still in the drive-through line and people inside the store why do you say you close at 11 but then have the screen say closed and put the recording on at 10:42 saying that your closed

• Iv
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - How to treat customers
    Murrieta
    California

Vanessa at drive through was super rude no customer service what so ever she clearly did not want to be there .just saying I will not be going Back

• My
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Staff
    Hastings
    New Zealand

I went to dine in at this place and this lady old hag. She was rude and bossy. Don't know how to behave politely. It was overall a bad experience. Never wanna go to that place if she is in there. She sounded like a dum person who was behaving as if she knew what she was doing, but it was just a pretence.

• Eu
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Carl’s Jr. Took my money and no food was given
    Pomona
    Carlsjr.com

store on 801 Rio Rancho Rd., Pomona took my payment and said that my card was declined which it wasn’t I prove to them my online statement.
    How the transaction was completed,
    I prove to them my online statement and did not give me my food and I was hungry.
    I demand a refund.
    employees were very rude and unreasonable.

Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Customer service and management
    San Bernardino
    California

The cashier took our order. I paid with my card but was not given a reciept. The service from him was very poor. When I asked for my cup, I explain the manager that we placed our order and told us the wrong order and gave me he attitude

Carl's Jr. Restaurants - $5.00 all star meal
    Adelanto
    California

The meal comes with fries the frist time i came and purchased this meal it came with fries in a frie holder this time they just threw my fries in the box and i informed the worker and he said thats the way it comes . Also the hot dog does no come with relish i was disoppionted about that as well

• Mi
      Sep 11, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - ordered and Lettuce wrap sandwich, breaded zucchini, diet coke, and salad
    Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma

Carl's Jr.

1.6 mi · Oklahoma City, OK

[protected]

Open until 12:00 AM

I ordered and Lettuce wrap sandwich breaded zucchini diet coke and salad the sandwich was made wrong and not wrapped in paper so i could eat it no napkins was so sloppy to eat and was the worse sandwich i have had in months

• Ju
      Sep 18, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Customer service
    Fair Oaks
    California

Ashlyn who works in the drive they is completely rude and disrespectful. I am never coming back to this location. She has been a completely rude person every time. All the other employees are nice. She gives dirty looks and rolls her eyes constantly. I'm so frustrated that I just paid for that service.

• Vi
      Sep 19, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Drive thru not being open
    San ysidro
    California

Went to Carl's Jr at san ysidro ca drive thru says 24 hours arrived at 3:00am was blocked with cones and a wet floor sign I take a picture of employees just sitting and sleeping inside also take picture of drive thru and sign stating drive thru 24hours

• Ty
      Sep 19, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Costumer service
    Modesto
    California

Costumer service here in Modesto CA on Sisk road was very rude when I told her she forgot a whole meal I had ordered she gave me and my family attitude and I do not appreciate that. She also gave us our meal and said " ARE YOU GOING TO GRAB YOUR FOOD" ! I will never go back there again!

• Bl
      Sep 20, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Cannot communicate in English
    Boise, Idaho On Broadway

Cannot communicate in English repeated over and over to not understand what he was saying and he cannot understand me English very upset I just drove off

• Li
      Oct 15, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Service
    Sacramento
    California

Hello I went to the Carl's Jr. in Raging Waters and as I was waiting for my food I witnessed an employee steal a lot of money out of the cashier drawer. I have worked at a fast food place for many years and find this completely unacceptable especially in front of a customers view. I was able to read the females badge and her name was Essence.

• Al
      Oct 22, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Fries
    West Hollywood
    Carlsjr.com

There was a fly in one of my fries!!!

• Ro
      Oct 22, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Poor service.
    Bullhead City
    Arizona

Employees standing and chatting. While customers wait on ordered food. Incorrect order after waiting ten minutes in store dining room. Not a large order. One person

• Ki
      Oct 27, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Rib burger
    Pahrump
    Nevada

On 5/29 I went to my local Carl's Jr. and purchased two of the new rib/burger combos. When I got home they end not what was inside the packaging instead was just a plain burger. This is very disappointing especially for the price I paid. I tried calling them but there was no answer. This is why I am now contacting you to make a complaint.

• Ka
      Oct 28, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Terribly rude employees and the managers of specific Carl's.jr location
    Escondido
    carlsjr.com

Location.. Escondido California. Corner of quince and mission . The manager is very rude for no reason and purposefully will close the window in your face mid sentence. And orders have been incorrectly done three times. Very very rude as if she was mid argument. Yet even when approached very kindly will blatantly disrespect you.

• J4
      Oct 28, 2018
    Carls Jr - Food
    La Verne
    California

the chicken fillet was gross it didnt taste like chicken it taste like rubber and could nit chew it. and it was cold. For $8 it is not worth it. First of all they are over priced . i can eat at resturant for their prices. I go there when i have coupons that dont come to often. I hope the prices change. Please make the food taste like the product.

Nov 01, 2018
    Carl's Jr. - Grilled cheese breakfast sandwich
    Liberty Lake
    carlsjr.com

When did you stop putting egg on the breakfast sandwich? I won't be back.

• Cr
    Carl's Jr. - Baby Back Rib Burger
    Riverside
    California

Ordered 2 Baby Back Rib Thickburgers through the drive-thru which by the way took very long and is usually not the case. The problem with the burgers is it took eating more than a third of the burger to find any rib meat. Each burger had one chunk morsel for a single bite. The rest was just burger. Nothing special about it.

• Nb
      Nov 04, 2018
    Carl's Jr. - Love your food..
    Mojave
    California

We love carls jr..plus the prices are great to..we wanted to know if you could send us promotional products, coupons, samples, free food, gift certificates, anything that would be awesome since we are such loyal carls jr fans..our address is 15890 Jean Dr Mojave ca 93501

Carl's Jr. - Wrong food
    Lakewood
    Washington

I went to carls jr and orderd a double western bacon buger meal and when i got to work i got a famous star meal that was not even hot.

Nov 05, 2018
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Missing and incorrect items
    Clearfield
    Utah

I ordered 2 hamburgers was charged for1 didn't receive any. Ordered 8 spicy chickens with extra mayonnaise all sandwiches had hardly any mayonnaise. The food was in a Paper bag and to full then put in a plastic bag and soggy by the time.I got home. When I called and spoke with the Staff they refused to fix the problem even with a receipt.

• It
      Nov 05, 2018
    Carl's Jr. - Service by the night shift manager
    Reseda
    California

She had horrible customer service. She had an unpleasant attitude, filled with impatience. She was incredibly rude and was inconsiderate.

• Ka
    Carl's Jr. - Food and drink services
    Roswell
    New Mexico

I live in roswell new Mexico our Carl's Jr is poorly stocked. We go several times before and there always out of a tea unsweet/sweet and meat sizes, or meet to make tacos out of.

• So
    Carl's Jr. Restaurants - Super slow, rude,no syrup with French toast sticks
    Pico Rivera Slauson ave

There was nobody in line and we had to wait just 5 minutes to order, I order and have to wait another 15 minutes just for my food and when I get my food they were rude. I'm about to eat and check my bag, there is no syrup with my French toast sticks.

• He
    Carl's Jr. - Service
    Long Beach
    California

Rude customer service. Ordered a combo and they charged me twice for hash browns so I had a bag full of hash browns I didn't want and didnt order. Went to the lady up front and she told me that that's what I ordered and she wouldn't refund my money for her mistake.

• Be
      Nov 12, 2018
    Carls Jr - Glen Court Place, 5315 W Rosecrans Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250
    Hawthorne
    California

Your location at Glen Court Place, 5315 W Rosecrans Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250which is advertised as a 24 hour location with advertisements on the windows and sign did not serve us. We went rhrough the drive through and were told they were notbtakijg orders. As driving by we saw employees sitting around the lobby area not attending any costumers

• Sh
      Nov 13, 2018
    Carl's Jr. - Customer service
    West Covina
    California

I walked in to store #7391 and Karen was on her phone, she came up to get order gave me the worse customer service, with such a bad attitude. I came in Thursday, Dec 22, 2016 around 11-1130pm.

Nov 13, 2018
    Carl's Jr. - Worse customer service ever from a general manager!
    Carson
    carlsjr.com

I went to store 625 today and Sarah the manager took my order and she was very unprofessional, disrespect, and most definitely had a attitude. I'm currently a guest that comes all the time and I don't appreciate the disrespect.

• Ti
      Nov 14, 2018
    Carl's Jr. - Food doesn't look nothing like pic
    Webster
    Texas
    Carlsjr.com

Got big chicken sandwich doesn't look nothing like pic on board and doesn't taste like chicken either