Complaints & Reviews

Carl's Jr — terrible service

This particular carls jr service sucks the employes seem miserable working there and treat the costumers like...

Carl's Jrunsanitary conditions and tainted food

Ok so I'm not big on complaining about stuff usually but this one got me real bad... I went to the Carl's restaurant in Newport Beach CA (3101 Newport Blvd) this morning and ordered a large portabello six dollar combo. Order was received and processed by a lady who had been mopping floors as I was walking into this completely empty restaurant. She didn't wash her hands before handling my credit card, after which she got my drink cup, straw and the lid, jammed the latter two into the cup with her bare hand and, walked over to the grill and slammed my beef patty on it with her unwashed hands she had just handled the floor mop with! I was gonna say something right then but figured that maybe it's not THAT bad... next, another employee merged from the kitchen area, cleaning the shelves behind the counter with a rag. She was arranging wrapping papers and some other products there and getting supplies, wiping down the shelves with a rag before placing the items on them. As my beef patty got done on the grill, she dropped the rag and started preparing my burger without washing her hands or putting any gloves on. I know all this so precisely because they have an "open kitchen" there and after the mopping lady incident, I was paying close attention to everything concerning my food. I sat down as the food was delivered to my table and I was going back and forth for about 6-7 minutes between just getting up and walking away and calling out the manager. I finally decided to talk to the manager, being too grossed out by the cooks. I had not touched my food other than 2-3 fries and a sip from my cup and I felt nauseous after that. I asked the lady at the counter to call the manager, she said "right away" so I sat back down. A minute later she comes back and tells me that their team leader is on a break and will be seeing me in about 10 minutes! I insisted on talking to the manager right away so finally she came. I told her about the issue and asked for a refund, she was starting to tell me about all the different reasons why everything was handled the way it was but I wasn't interested in hearing any of it. I had also pointed it out to another customer who had walked in as I was dealing with my issue and he also requested a refund instead of food and left without eating at the same time I walked out. I can only wonder where that mop had been and what was on the lady's hands who dealt with receiving my order... and the cook who actually put my burger together didn't find anything frong with switching over to food preparation from cleaning, stocking and having a dirty rag in her hand a moment earlier. I'm no doctor but this can't be good for anybody. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Carl's (or was at least til this morning) but this is just wrong. I highly doubt this complaint will ever reach the corporate office but these people need to know what's going on in their establishments! I will no longer visit Carl's Jr and will make sure every friend of mine knows about my today's story and draws their own conclusions.

• Be
      BethMansfield May 12, 2010

So sorry to hear about your experience! Please give our guest service line a call at 877/799-7827. They'll make sure your comments are routed to the right managment team member. Also let them know if you would like a call back. Again, so sorry about this experience. I hope you'll give us a second chance to shine -- this time with our usual Six Dollar Service committment.

Beth Mansfield
      Carl's Jr. Public Relations department

Carl's Jrwhat a disapointment

I visited the Carl's Jr. in Arroyo Grande this morning and ordered a bacon and egg birrito and I must say it was gross! the tort was hard and there was like a half piece of bacon and it looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp. I could've spent my $3 bucks and had something I could actually eat.

Very disappointed :(

Carl's Jr — health warning

Ive been working at this carls jr for close to three to four weeks, just last week our current manager wa...

Carl's Jr. — scram through the drive through

We are writing just to let others know: Recently, we had the worse experience ever after visiting this local...

Carl's Jr — horrible customer service

I went through the drive thru and like usual they asked if I wanted to try a certain item, and I said no and...

Magna

Carl's Jrnot honor discount card

Carl's Jr advertises with The Savings Card that you "Buy any sandwich and get one sandwich of less or equal value."

While trying to use the card for their Big Carl I was told that the owners are not honoring the discount for this sandwich as they were not going to make any money.

I complained and was told that "Promotions were not included" but the add did not say this. After my complaint to BBB the Owners changed the add, although I have the Original Internet Add.

I feel that Carl's Jr refusal to honor their contract with me fails to meet their Parent Companys code of Business Conduct and Ethics. It states therin under the subheading "OUR RESPONSIBILITIES" " We at CKE (the parent company) cannot and will not compromise compliance with this Code or applicable laws to meet financial plans or maximize profits."

Carl's Jrstay away

I have been going to Carl's Jr for a long time and occasionally there would be a mistake but I like my food relatively plain so it is understandable but about 8 months ago I placed an order and it was given to me wrong. The next time I went to Carl's Jr I noticed that what I had ordered was incorrect again so I began keeping track on a piece of paper I leave on my center console. In the last 20 Drive Thru Orders they have given me the wrong order 16 times. If I order a Sausage Breakfast Sandwich I get Ham. If I order Anything Plain with Cheese only I get it plain without any cheese. I have even ordered a fish sandwich plain with cheese only and when I got home there was a slice of cheese between 2 buns. No Fish. Enough is Enough. You guys have become a joke. Most of the time I am happy when the drive thru person even speaks my language.

• Ka
            Karcher May 08, 2011

This is true with most drive thru's. We just stopped fast food period and guess what happened? I lost 27 lbs over a 6 month period. Now occasionally I eat fast food but stay away from the fries and soda's and I have maintained my weight loss. Fast food is poison anyway.

• Ka
            Karcher May 08, 2011

My complaint first begins with this site. They want way too much information. Drive thru's everywhere are famous for this. Just don't use them. Eat there that way your food is hot and you can throw the trash in there cans.

Carls Jr.rude district manager

I used to work for Carls Jr. and I did not like the attitude of the District Manager. He would always tell all the crew smile smile. He would never smile and he wanted great service when he was not setting and example. Also he has a lot of shift leaders that do not know how to treat the crew as well they scream at them. I got terminated from Carls Jr. because of 2 guest complaints I got I know the guest is always right but i dont find it fair that I got terminated and the rest of the shift leaders there have gotten a lot of complaints and you still have them there. Thank you for your time.

• Go
              Gouatts May 27, 2010

I absolutely love Carl's Jr, the food is great and so is the service until I came to this recent open Carl's Jr. in Carson, Ca on Del Amo st. Which I was happy about because it’s close to the University I attend. The woman in charge (wearing black with no hat) was rude, very disrespectful, and gave me the food incorrectly.

At the time when she was taking my order she ignored me and left before I completed the actual order leaving me talking to the register only. Therefore I repeated what I said two more consecutive times. She kept speaking in Spanish to the other employees around her and she still didn’t pay attention to what I was saying. Finally I purchase my two sandwiches.

When I receive my order and left and I saw what I order was wrong. I went back in right away and told her I wanted mayo on the big Carl like I told her. She responded with an attitude saying that I never mention that to her, when I did three different times. Did she listen to me as the consumer? No she didn’t and she didn‘t give my order how I wanted. This was very disappointing and I’m very unhappy about it.

• Te
              Tess Miller Nov 08, 2010

Went to your store in Cavecreek and Bell Road in Phoenix, AZ today and order my favorite Western Baconcheeseburger and small zucchini. the service is good, but disappointed with my orders. Put too much barbecue sauce and the zucchini is not fresh, and my sandwich only had one piece of onion ring, supposed to be two pieces, I paid $ 6.10 with these order, if i will pay that much, it better be worth it. My name is Tess Miller and my address is 17636 N. 30th St. # 4 Phoenix, AZ 85032 and i thank you.

Cheated and had enoguh May 02, 2011

Carls Jr. 445, Mira Mesa San Diego California. Shift Leader Jorge Vargas steals money from the register, deletes orders from the screens, gives free food away, and takes money that customers leave behind on accident. He uses the money he steals from the company for himself. Justice needs to be served. Talks a lot of ### in spanish about his co workers even if they're right in front of him. Funny how his wife use to steal and got caught for it. Somebody set this guy straight..

• Br
              Brendagarcia Sep 12, 2011

jose hernadez Jun 27, 2013

Am a customer that goes every time, why because before i did like going because the shift leader anayeli was not give good service instead she will be siting down on dine with husband every day restaurant dirty. Not helpful to his coworkers. Instead just sit down and talking ti husband . But there's another shift-leader and her name is deycenia but the first time a when i receive a amazing services that i started to go every day. I just what to said she really need a raise she always helpful to co works everyday smiles and therefor everyone's day happy. No matter if she gets bussing she always give a wonderful services

Carl's Jr. — treated my food like trash

At 5:11:46, on 10/30/2009, I Ordered 2 Big Carl Burgers. One w/ Sourdough bread, because my father cannot...

Carl's Jr. — service

Today I went to Carl's Jr. Oct.11, 2009. My little sister had ordered a taco salad. The cashier...

Carl's Jr.horrible experience

Today is 1-30-08, At 3:30 today I went threw the drive through at a fast food place by my house, When I was taking my food out of the bag I found an ear piece in my food.

• Ag
                Aguirreguevara Jan 09, 2012

Anoche alrededor de las 9:49 pm me dirigi a comprar 1 chicken filette sandwich y 1 big carl despues que la cajera tomara mi orden observe que este senor llamado Javier que dise llamarse supervisor que lo que esta muy lejos de las espectativas de dar un buen servicio profecional. Bueno el punto es que senti que este senor me estaba observando como buscando el momento preciso para preguntarme algo y finalmente se dirigio hacia mi y me pregunto sin algun respeto alguno por su tono de voz y prepotencia y actitud burlona me hizo unas preguntas personales que no era de mi importancia ni de su importancia y yo trate de cortar la conversacion pero el insistio en seguir preguntando por la misma razon yo me moleste mucho y me siento ofendido por que soy un viejo cliente de este restaurante y nunca habia sido ofendido tanto en mi vida este hombre es un abusibo y pesimo prepotente no deberia estar trabajando en ese lugar si siguen empleando personal haci por seguro que vam a perder mucha clientela deja mucho que desear. siento que de esta manera ya no me dan deseos de ir a este restaurante de nuevo despues de las preguntas me fui a sentar y el siguio tirando indirectas con las empladas y con otros clientes que estaban en ese momento lo cual hizo que me sintiera mas molesto y me senti ofendido. espero hagan algo para solucionar este tipo de problemas. este es mi numero de refencia 117 store7083 order number 84. att un cliente ofendido.

Carl's Jr — bigot mexicans

I always get good tacos at the window... I went inside on june 12th at 11 am...4 mexicans sitting in the...

Carls Jr — bourbon burger

I have been eating at Carls Jr since I came back from Vietnam in 1973. I have found their restsuatnts to be...

Carl's Jr. — bad service, refused company discount coupon.

Very bad service. 03-14-2009 5:45pm pst. Receipt # 0664 server #00066 Store #7366. Ordered 2 kentucky...

Carl's Jr.long wait to place an order

Cashier was friendly, food was great, but...
              For the second time in two visits and with only two people in front of me, I waited in line for 15 minutes because there was only one cashier. The manager was too busy to talk to me becuase she was "the only cook".
              I really don't mind standing in line to place an order, but if the one cashier has difficult customers or a long line, she should ask for another cashier to avoid having the customers wait and wait just to place an order.
              As much as I love the food here, I will soon take a small downgrade and go to bk rather than face the agrivation of standing in a short line where I have to wait a long time just to place my order.
              Carl's jr., please fix this.
              Thanks.

Carl's Jrconfrontational employee/wrong order given

My name is Sandra Cortez.
                My son and I went to Carl's Jr about one hour ago just like we do at least once a week. I ordered 10 spicy chicken, one famous star with cheese, three guacamole six-dollar burgers(singles) and an order of zucchini. We waited about 10 minutes for our order and that part I understand. Our number was called and we were given one bag. That didn't look right so without going anywhere, my son and I checked the bag. We didn't have the 10 spicy chicken sandwiches. I went to the person who took my order and told her I was missing 10 sandwiches. She told the woman who put the order together and she checked. She told me I didn't order 10 spicy chicken sandwiches, she said I ordered ten chicken stars. To begin with, I know exactly what I ordered because there were 12 hungry people waiting for me at home, not including my son and me. I told the woman that I was sure of my order and that I didn't order 10 chicken stars, I didn't even know Carl's Jr. had them in their menu. That is beside the point, the employee became confrontational with me in front of all the customers who were waiting for their orders. I was not going to come home with the wrong order or with a short order, so I gave this woman the food and I wanted my money back. She never admitted that she made a mistake, she insisted that I was the one who order the chicken stars. I will never buy my burgers there and I will tell all my friends and family members to do the same. Maybe Carl's Jr should hire people who can take an order right and admit when they make a mistake. I am very unhappy and I expect someone to contact me regarding this situation.

• Ca
                    Carl's Jr. Guest Relations Jan 02, 2009

Please call the guest relations number with your problem. The number is [protected]. Please tell them that you had posted your original comment on complaintsboard.com.

• Ti
                    timbobulator Feb 16, 2009

this happened to me too..

i order a famous star burger combo

i paided it $7 and she gave me a penny back? ( combo was $4.59)

when i finally got my order, she gave me the burger only, no drink no fries. I asked her where is my soda, and she said there are no sodas.

Is it because I'm a kid, they make money off people like me?

• Ca
                    carl's jr. Jul 18, 2010

i went to carl's jr. last week as i do regularly once a week. service is always good. i ordered 2 nacho tacos 1 big burger, 1 3pc. mini burritos, 1 reg. fry, order of guacamole, 1 chicken sandwich, i got home and there were no nacho tacos, no guacamole and no fry. i went back today and told them and they said when that happens i should of called them to tell them. i agree with them totally BUT>>>> it would of been nice if they would of answered their phone when i called them 3 times!!! [protected]. and to top it off they never give out a reciept to show what i ordered. anyway i will continue to go there because i enjoy carl's jr. s food. i want to know... as a customer are we supposed to take all out of the bag to check if all items are there i would like to be compensated, so how do i go about that? [protected]@yahoo.com

Carl's Jrfood and resturant quality

Resturant was filthy, they were out of onion rings, food was cold, produce old, lettuce wittiled, burger patty was room temp, outside windows looked like they have not been cleaned in years took forever to get are food. I will not go their again. They are ruining the carls jr name.in times like this you can't afford to get bad service and product quality.

Carl's Jr — lack of customer service/given wrong order

Ordered drive-thru, the order was taken wrong and they charged me and gave me an order I didn't order...