3980 Broad St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, US
Thu:6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Fri:6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:6:30 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Carl's Jr.treated my food like trash

At 5:11:46, on 10/30/2009, I Ordered 2 Big Carl Burgers. One w/ Sourdough bread, because my father cannot consume seeds due to his diverticulitis. When I was watching the gentleman prepare the 2 burgers, which I had ordered (along with my 3 piece chicken strips and chili cheese fry), i noticed not only was he not wearing sanitation gloves (or any hand protection of any kind) but he had forgotten to put sourdough bread on my second Big Carl burger. When I mentioned what I had noticed to another male employee standing by the cash registers he seemed annoyed and told me that he was going to have the first gentleman remake my 2nd burger and put sourdough bread on it. The second gentleman threw my regular big carl sandwich in my bag, then threw my bag under the warmer, which knocked my chicken strips over and they spilled out of the box, laying directly on the warmer. at this point i felt disrespected. i then watched as the 1st male remaking my 2nd big carl w/ sourdough bread, still without any regard to safety/sanitation. he had to literally piece the meat together on the bun, it was in several pieces. he proceeded to piece together my fathers burger, wrapped it as normal. My chicken strips were picked up bare handedly off the warmer and thrown back into the box. no cautiousness to the food preparation/handling. that is how my dinner was served to me and my family at one of your establishments.

• Jy
      JYK Dec 02, 2009

That's normal, i used to work at mcdonalds and that is just the norm in fast food restaurants. Be happy they didn't spit in your food and believe me I have seen it happen. However, what you don't know don't hurt.