Best Buy / warranty

1 Secaucus, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2013252277

purchase computer and extended warranty-however coffee spilled on computer and burned out motherboard-when i brought computer back to best buy with my warranty-they explained i didnt purchase the deluxe warranty and spill wasnt covered-i was never explained deluxe warranty-as when i purchase computer-i told salesman computer was for myself and 16 yr old son-i want full coverage-i had to pay shipping and handling today-and i didnt think i should have-i want my computer warranty at full coverage-like i was told and also not to be charged for repairs-my number to be reached at [protected] dmturner44@yahoo.com

Comments

Ro
  19th of Mar, 2009

I am very unhappy with my service with Best Buy. I purchased an Insignia LCD HD TV in April 2007. Model 32 LCD-NS (discontinued model). I called for service, and it took 18 days for someone to come out to look at it. (that was the 1st appt available, fortunately I was available!) On Feb 28, The technician was here for a whole 4-6 mins, and informed me that he had to order a part, and that I would receive a call within 3 days to set up an appt to have them fix it. I had been without a TV for 3 weeks. I didn’t receive a call, but I received a email statement (bill) in an amt that exceeded the amt I paid for the TV. On March 2, I sent an email to customer service and never received a reply. After multiple calls to customer service, I asked to be connected to the consumer relations department., March 5. I spoke with Billy, and he said that this was wrong, and that he would get me a voucher for a new TV within the next 3 days. He apologized, and said that this should NOT have been overlooked by the Geek Squad, and that he (Billy) would fix the situation. He got a geek squad manager on the phone, Gary, to apologize. Again, they said that I would receive a call within 3 days to get a voucher for a new TV. I DID receive a voice message 4 days later, that said that the request that I submitted that the ‘unavailable part request’ was denied, and that I would have to wait for the part. I did not apply for an ‘unavailable part request. I applied to have a new TV because the amount they are charging to fix the TV exceeds the amount I paid for the TV. I have made at least 9 calls, and the only person who remotely acted in my behalf was Billy. However, his actions did not do ANYTHING for me. And no one is helping me. When I call the store, they say that they cannot help me and that I have to deal with 1-888-BESTBUY.

It is March 11, and STILL NO CALL.
Today I made another call to 1888bestbuy and was connected to 1800geeksquad. I spoke with Angela, who was VERY KIND. She said apologized and said that it is inexcusable that I have had to wait this long for a response and that I have been treated in this way. She said that I need to speak with a supervisor. I waited on hold for 8 mins…then Angela came back on the phone…not a supervisor…and said that I have been approved for a new TV. JUST LIKE THAT! NO one has EVER called me…to let me know. I was told that I did not need a voucher…just a confirmation number. She said that I now have to take this huge TV to the store…and take a new one home…I don’t know how to hook it up…etc. She said that they would NOT hook it up for me. I feel like they DO NOT care about their customers. I have a chronic illness, and it is NOT EASY for me to deal with all of this. They figure that people will eventually give up. My family has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on everything from appliances and computers to electronics and phones. NEVER AGAIN will anyone who knows me spend another DIME at Best Buy.

Wo
  30th of Sep, 2009

I purchased a television a year ago and opted for the extended warranty which was recommended by the representative. Four weeks ago my television back light stopped working so I called the warranty company. They sent a local company to pick up my television for repairs. Mind you this television was not that expensive and figured on it being replaced. I was given the timeline of 7 to 10 business days for them to decide if they were going to replace it or repair it. I went 3 weeks without a television. On the 10th day I received a call at 4 p.m. stating my television was not repairable and was given a confirmation number. Now during this time while I waited for my television to be repaired or replaced, I went to Best Buy. During my visit I found a great deal on a television package but could not purchase it at the time because the status of my television was in limbo. I certainly missed, what I think was a great deal. When I received the news about the status I went to Best Buy and the deal was no longer. I was very upset because of the delay in which it took to give me the status of my T.V. missing the opportunity to purchase a package deal. So, I sent an email to Best Buy expressing my disappointment. I was given a confirmation that I would be called in 3 business days. No call. I had to call Best Buy and file my complaint. I waited on the phone for one hour and fifteen minutes for them to offer me $175. I made a counter offer of $250 which of course is roughly the cost of the sound system that came with the package. I was then sent over to a manager who said "No, we cannot retro offer a deal that is past" I explained because of the numerous delays caused by the warranty company I had no choice to pass on the offer. I was told again "Sorry but that is our final offer" What was I suppose to do? I accepted grudgingly. I would like to point out the representative I spoke with was Royal or Royce or Roy. I acknowledged I did not raise my voice nor make insults or threats. Nor did I make any insults. I do not think its fair Best Buy say that its not retro-active when I see and hear on the news it happens in laws and insurance etc.

Gn
  5th of Oct, 2009

@donna turner

Unfortunately I hear about these issues left and right. Just a few of the common scenarios: "The salesman told me it would cover EVERYTHING". "I was never told about the ADH service plan". The bottom line for these issues all lies within the black and white. EVEN if this were the case (you were told you were purchasing the ADH service plan) and the employee did not select / charge you for that plan, it can't be proven because it is all hearsay. And the only thing that Best Buy can go off of is what was purchased on the receipt and in their system. So your laptop wouldn't be covered for the spill and you would have to pay for the repairs.

If I were you I would try to contact Best Buy's corporate team and see what they can do about it. There might be certain circumstances (that I'm not aware of in this case) that would cause them to reconsider their approach to your problem. Although in all likelihood the outcome would still be the same.

10th of Oct, 2009

3 years ago I purchased a Sirius radio (sportster 4) on sale for$121. The sales person was more than happy to explain how these radios are fragile and I should get an extended warranty. He then proceeded to explain that I can use this warranty for a brand new replacement even if I just didn't like the way it looked anymore.. or smashed it... any reason Best Buy will make it right and give me a new unit, the upgrade to this unit was going to come out in 2 months and he said the coolest thing is when the new one comes out if there isn't any of these in stock they will automatically give me the upgrade. Three years later and my unit is experiencing a power issue that is the fault of the power adapter for sure seeing the radio works on my boom box, but hey it's time to cash in my 4 year warranty and enjoy an upgrade that I was promised when I bought this item. I went to the store with all of the original items and pieces of this radio and explained the situation and showed them my receipt. they then walked me back to the car audio department and picked out the new upgrade sporter 5, only difference is a color screen. The retail price difference is $10 from the one I originally purchased. They began to ring me up for the exchange, the way they explained it I would have to pay the difference between the two which sounded fair to pay the $10 difference from the old one being 149.97 and the new one 159.97. No, here comes the horror story... they want me to pay the total sale price difference between the old one and the regular non sale price of the new one... almost $60. So I asked for the store manager, she then grabbed out the black tie book and underlined in it the line about price difference. So I was going to be penalized cause I bought this radio on a great sale price and because this specific week the radio I need to exchange for is not on sale I have to pay the whole difference, so Now I sit with a radio and have to watch the Best Buy ads for a great sale like I found when I originally purchased this. I was very calm and collected this and went to the original Best Buy I bought this from seeing they gave me a story about how returns hurts their stores numbers and maybe the store I bought it from will help me out more... HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE SO FAR from the 28th street location in Grand Rapids, MI.. went to the Walker, MI location and they sent me to the Geek Squad who explained the exact same thing to me and wanted me to pay the total sale to non sale difference.. and this guy thought he'd give me an analogy.. well if you buy a car and drive it you can't expect for you to get an exact new one without paying fees.. and I gave him one of mine.. so you're saying if I buy a washer and dryer set and they go out during the warranty period if I bought them on sale I'd have to get the model down from the one I researched and carefully purchased or have to pay a difference just because the new model is out? Basically told me there is nothing he can do this is policy... Well, I plan to tell as many people about this.. I will also be making copies of my receipt and a copy of the best buy terms in their warranty booklet and I will not be standing in line this year for the Black Friday Sale I hope many of you will print this out and bring it to the store with you and show this to the sales rep when they try to sell you the warranty.. unless you're paying regular price.. you'd be better off buying it from the manufacturer.