Having problems with Staples?

+1 800 333 3330 (United States)
+44 121 322 1000 (United Kingdom)
+54 114 136 6666 (Argentina)
+43 800 201 473 (Austria)
+32 80 081 959 (Belgium)
+45 70 130 131 (Denmark)
+33 825 334 455 (France & Monaco)
+353 15 530 078 (Ireland)
+39 161 880 844 (Italy & San Marino)
+352 80 085 139 (Luxembourg)
+31 884 545 000 (Netherlands)
+351 707 200 656 (Portugal)
+31 206 511 111 (Netherlands and Rest Of Europe)
+886 412 8288 (Taiwan)
500 Staples Dr.
Framingham, Massachusetts

Complaints & Reviews

Desk Chair

Purchased a desk chair with assembly and insurance. Made the purchase 5/28/20 during the morning hours. Was told it was on the delivery truck and
would be in later that day. Around 7pm that evening the store called and
said the chair was ready and I can pick it up in the morning. This morning I went to pick it up and a sales person put into the car for me. Discovered chair was not new and went to see if the demo was on the floor, which it wasn't.
So I was charged for a new chair with assembly and they tried to dump the demo off on me.
Nice try, but your scam didn't work!

Poor customer service

On may 15th I went into the store to purchase 2 reams of copy paper. At the checkout I inserted my card into...

la-z-boy winston leather chair

I purchased an office chair at the Staples store in Webster NY so I could work from home. The chair was a high end $269.99 chair. I assumed that because it was made by LA-Z-Boy that the workmanship would be of superior quality and it would last for years. Less than 2 months from the purchase date I noticed that the chair was tilted. It appears that the gas lift is defective. When I asked Staples to exchange it I was told that they have strict 14 day return policy. I would think given the current crisis and the need for people to work from home that Staples would make exceptions to the policy (as many retailers and service providers have had to do). I was willing to return the chair to the store for an exact replacement and reassemble it so I could get comfortably back to work. Since all of my business is desk work this is a significant issue.

I checked the status of my order and found that it was canceled

I ordered a ink cartridge for my printer on Thursday, January 23 and delivery was promised January 24th. The...

brother cartridge

I would like to complain that I stopped by our local Staples here in Rome, GA yesterday and bought a Brother...

customer service

Here is the post from my Facebook page regarding my experience at your Grandville, Michigan store.
After reading it, many of my friends will be boycotting your stores as well for this reason, please read on.
Dear Staples Salesman,
I am not sure why you felt the need to follow me all over the store this afternoon.
1. Don't be so obvious about it.
2. Don't try to justify it by TELLING me that retail theft has been a problem in your store.
I only came in to buy more mechanical pencils, which I found on my own, and went straight to the counter and paid for.
In the meantime, someone else that you SHOULD be watching is probably robbing you blind!
I will not be shopping here anymore.
Signed a customer who went to a competitor and spent another $50, that your store could have gotten.
Your loss.
Kim Johnson [protected]

Ps: I have alerted all the media outlets as well, so they can tell everyone how you treat customers!

• As
    A shoplifter Jan 09, 2020

I had a great day in Staples today. it seems that all the security were following somebody buying mechanical pencils. Good news!!

the store manager pat's is incredibly rude and ignorant I was treated with extreme disrespect

After being denied paying with a check because of certegy's 'suggestions' I simply asked your clerk for the...

dell laptop

11/04/19 Tech argued with me: He did not know monitors are all currently LCD with backlighting and that the...

staples delivery

I ordered some shipping boxes and packing tape on Monday October 28. 2019 and their carrier, Prestige, which was an unmarked rusty van, delivered them Wednesday October 30...cardboard boxes delivered in the rain, unprotected, and at least 3 or 4 of those boxes in the bundle were already somehow mechanically destroyed...I have no idea what happened but I refused delivery. I called Staples and they agreed to reship on Thursday October 31...but when 6pm arrived and my order didn't, I looked up my order. The shipper lied and said I refused the Oct 31 order! Chat reordered and said they go out ASAP...but the email confirmation said Monday November 4th. I just told Staples chat to cancel the entire order but I'm not sure I got through to the guy so I responded to the confirmation with a cancel order as well...and included an explanation. I'm done with Staples and no $10 courtesy coupon is going to change my mind. Perhaps they shouldn't rely on slugs driving beat-up child molesting type vans to make their deliveries. Never again.

management!

I was in your Staples yesterday Oct.15, 2019 and what i witnessed was embarrassing and extremelyyyy...

luv sac chair

The chair came with faulty hydraulic and jammed wheel. The store would not replace, exchange or refund. Thank god i took the protection plan. well guess what. The protection plan was also denied. whats the point of this payment if it does not cover what its for. with that being said :

DONT EVER PURCHASE THE PROTECTION PLAN (ASURION) . It's AN ABSOLUTE FRAUD. THEY WILL NOT REPAIR, REPLACE OR EVEN ASK FOR THE PRODUCT EXCHANGE. It is a complete nightmare. Please turn to OfficeMax, Global industrial or even AMAZON which you can return your items when defective.

luv sac chair

lack of wifi

I am complaining because I came to Staples in Santa Monica only to find out there is no Wi-Fi available to me to do business and be able to print some important documents I needed to bring to a client today.

I am so upset about this because it affects my business. Staples is supposed to be the place you come for your business needs and I have always been very loyal to Staples however for me this is a huge problem and changes my perspective of the company.
WiFi is a basic need and should be available at all Staples stores because it is part of what we expect as a customer.

I spoke with manager and he had no explanation. He seemed to wear that it's been an issue for other customers and I don't even know what to say except for I hope you get it resolved because I am going to change my loyalties do a different situation if I can't count on Staples.

This is such a simple thing that can make a big difference in how I view your company.

defective product

I ordered a 13 folder accordion folder online and when I received the folder I was shocked, and somewhat disappointed, to find that the inside folders inside the accordion folder were bent and defective, allowing for a nonfunctional folder. I would like to receive another folder to replace my defective one. I was disappointed with the item I received because I revered Staples for being a company that provided quality products.

defective product

Concerned5000 Sep 17, 2019

This isnt a real complaint this happens with products everywhere... Whats sad is it took you longer to take a picture and find this site then it owuld have been for them to replace it FREE.

printing

Good morning, My complaint is about something I needed printed. I came into the store. It took a few minute...

Refund not processed yet.

Returned the item I ordered they received it back on July 10 2019 here's the link...

1 comment Richmond Hill Online Shopping

"customer service" rep named sherry

I placed a call to Staples July 23 2019 stating that I had been missing an order for over a week (3 coil...

order # 4673984 and 4673352 dated july 10, 2019

Hi!

I ordered 2 Dell Labtops online against subject order numbers. My order was accepted and payment was in process but on July 15, 2019 i got an email from Staples saying your order has been cancelled since there was a mistake in the price from Staples, This is not my fault. If you posted a product and price online to sell, its your responsibility to deliver that product at that given price. If you did a mistake in price its your responsibility, not my fault. Therefore it is reqeusted to please deliver the ordered products against subject order numbers at your earliest. Please confirm.

Thanks
Fawad Rabbani
Consumer

Concerned5000 Sep 17, 2019

There is no obligation for any seller rather virtual or in a physical store to honor a incorrect price. This is explicitly stated in their terms and is the process EVERYWHERE.

You likely knew the price was incorrect and tried to take advantage of it. Morally the only person who was at fault was yourself.

online order

I order online know July 10th for Swiss gear luggage bags. Received confirmation order number. Payment in...

service straight through

I visited a Staples in Connecticut on Friday. With me, were two coupons that I had to use at the time of purchase.
The assistant manager was wonderful within the store, she had great customer service.
Then came checkout.
I handed the two coupons over, was asked if I found everything that I needed (good)...then the crappy experience started.

Instead of maintaining eye contact or working with my order, he looked at my phone and saw the crack on my screen cover. A sales pitch commenced about liquid cover or whatever it is.

I had a question about one of the products that I was going to purchase, but he kept droning on. Finally, I cut in.

He answered the question, asked for my rewards number and saw that I am an educator. At that point service slowed down and he started to discuss how the rewards program works for staff, how we can work as a school...I can read the flyers..

Meanwhile, he had trouble getting the coupon to go through, so the awesome assistant showed up.

Thinking that this is commission, I called customer service and explained my complaint...the lady seemed perplexed...said she would give me to HR...?????

I asked where I was calling, she said the Philippines - really Staples? Really...are you saving a few bucks offshoring your customer service?

I am shopping at CVS for my supplies or will use AMAZON...

amazon alexa display and demo

I went into 2 of your stores today specifically to have my wife listen to the Amazon Dot, generation 3. We were going to buy one if she liked the sound. In both stores (Newark, Delaware) all of the devices didn't function. The technician came over to help and could only offer the lame excuse that the power supply must be busted. No help at all. What was troubling was nobody in either store really cared at all that we were having a bad experience. I'm sure Amazon would be unhappy to hear the money they pay Staples for the great display was being wasted.

Concerned5000 Sep 17, 2019

So use youtube for a demo, why would you go to an office supply store to see how ALexa worked?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices