Having problems with Canon?

Canon Customer Service Contacts

131 383 (Australia)
1800 882 000 (Malaysia)
+1 800 652 2666 (USA & Canada)
+44 173 722 0000 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 052 400 (Ireland)
+64 800 222 666 (New Zealand)
+43 168 0880 (Austria)
+32 27 220 411 (Belgium)
+420 225 280 111 (Czech Republic)
+45 70 15 5 005 (Denmark)
+358 105 4420 (Finland)
+49 21 513 450 (Germany)
+39 282 481 (Italy)
+31 205 458 545 (Netherlands)
+351 214 704 000 (Portugal)
+41 848 833 835 (Switzerland)
+852 31 912 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 922 6000 (Indonesia)
+63 28 849 000 (Philippines)
+65 67 998 686 (Singapore)
+27 126 754 900 (South Africa)
+66 23 449 988 (Thailand)
30-2, Shimomaruko 3-chome, Ohta-ku

17 Quai Du President Paul Doumer, 92414 Courbevoie Cedex, France

Germany
Europark Fichtenhain A10, 47807 Krefeld, Germany

Italy
Strada Padana Superiore 2/b. 20063 Cernusco sul Naviglio (Mi)

Netherlands

ul. Gottlieba Daimlera 2, 02-460 Warszawa

Portugal
Lagoas Park Edifício, 15 - Piso 0 e 1, 2740-262 Porto Salvo, Portugal

Russia
Serebryanicheskaya Naberezhnaya, 29, 8th floor Business Center, “Silver City”, 109028 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Avenida de Europa, 6, Parque Empresarial "La Moraleja", 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid

Sweden
Telegrafgatan 4, 169 88 Solna, Sweden

Switzerland
Richtistrasse 9 8304 Wallisellen

Turkey
Degirmen Sokak Nida Kule Is Merkezi № 18/10, K:2 Kozyatagi 34742 Kadiköy Istanbul

China
15F. Jinbao Building, № 89 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100005, PRC

Hong Kong
19/F., The Metropolis Tower, 10 Metropolis Drive, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
7th Floor, Tower B, Building № 5, DLF Epitome, DLF Phase III, Gurgaon 122022

Malaysia
№ 6-2-01, Canon Tower, UOA, Business Park (Tower 6), Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia

Singapore
1 Fusionopolis Place, № 02-20 Galaxis (West Lobby), Singapore 138522

South Africa
1st Floor, Block C Southdowns Office Park, Karee Street (off John Voster) Southdowns, Centurion

Thailand
98 Sathorn Square Office Tower, 22-24 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

United Arab Emirates
Showroom № 1, Office 1 & 2, Indigo Central Building 6, Sheikh Zayed Road, P.O. Box: 1700

Vietnam
10th Floor, President Place, 93 Nguyen Du St., Dist. Ho Chi Minh
Vietnam

Brazil
Avenida do Cafe 277, 6 andar, Torre B, Vila Guarani, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 04311-002

Mexico
Boulevard Manuel Avila Camacho № 138, Piso 17, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, Mexico City, Mexico 11000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Canon Customer Service. Initial Canon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Canon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Canon. Discuss the issues you have had with Canon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Canon Complaints & Reviews

Jan 19, 2021

Canon — Image class mf269dw

Current complaint - Power saver activates and cannot be turned off. The printer is located away from two...

CanonWorst company ever

This is the worst company ever to order and the costumer service are nasty and they have no respect espicially we are in pandamic they have to be cocnsiderate about poeple feelings no respect and no empathy they only want to take people money its my 2nd time to order a lens from them the first one was broken and the second time took 4 month to arrive and when I called for return they said you place the order from august we cant help you...

Nov 30, 2020

Canon — G3010 printer is terrible

Just a complaint about the Canon G3010 series printer. I had limited choices but as it was INK TANK I thought...

Osborne Park

CanonError in Shipping Instructions - Charged me for

Was given instructions on how to return printer via UPS. Brought what Canon said I would need. Was tld I could use 1 label for both packages. UPS said it wasn't the right info and charged me $120. I assumed I would be reimbursed.
    Called Canon support and got a "Well, I don't know it's not our fault and I'll see what I can do..." like it was a huge favor and my fault. On the phone for 35 minutes.
    I need to get the refunded money for the printer, paper, and this shipping into my bank account immediately due to the financialhardship the pandemic
    6/22/2020
    order #s [protected]

CanonTechnician

I called today for technician support for my canon TS3322, unfortunately I don't have the name of the guy who attended the call. He was very rude, he told me not to call canon anymore just because I could pay the $149 that he was charging me in order to clean my laptop so that he can proceed with the printer installation, he hanged up on me. I also told him that I was going to consulted with my daughter and he stated that my daughter is not a technician and has not knowledge how it works.
      If any questions this is my email
      [protected]@yahoo.com

Canonpixma tr 4527

I just bought a pixma tr 4527 and all functions work fine except for the duplex print function .I'm operating from my Samsung Android, on the print setup
        Menu, I choose duplex long, and short edge press on print and only one side get print and stop, saying print finish and then I tried with my wife phone a LG power 3, still doesn't duplex print everything else work fine, but i can't duplex print

Nov 05, 2019

Canon — assetfin poor service

Good day, Please allow me to tell you about our Church's dilemma with Canon / AssetFin. This may be my...

Aug 28, 2019

Canon — sales of ef24-105mm f/4l is ii usm

The above product is available since 2017, I would like to buy the len through retail shop in Hong Kong at...

Canoncanon laser printer lbp2900b

I have purchased canon printer on 23rd July, 2019 (Tuesday) and facing the problem of Paper Jam. I only get Saturday and Sunday for my printing work and i am not able to get print today. Please try to resolve my problem as soon as possible.
          Thanks
          Name - Himanshu Dalania
          Contact - [protected]
          Email Id - [protected]@gmail.com
          Address - M 93B MP Nagar, Shastri Nagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
          Pincode - 201002

Jul 23, 2019

Canon — canon d80 dslr camera

I did research on cameras and finally decided to buy the Canon d80. So I put the camera kit in my cart online...

Canonmx490

After replacing the ink printer would not print when it finally did start to print it still wouldn't print pictures then it started to overlap the words all ink was replaced with brand new cartridges printer continues to have same problems.
            I've wasted over 50 dollars on ink and 17 dollars on paper thanks canon.
            I called for tech support they were very judgemental on using bulk ink so I went and bought the new ink cartridges ONLY to have the same issue

mx490
            mx490

Canonshort lifespan of cameras

I purchased a G3X camera. It failed after 27 months. I was told by the retailer it had exceeded its expected lifespan. Canon have said I have to pay for a repair, as it is out of warranty. A basic repair cost is £130. I have never purchased such an expensive piece of equipment with such a poor lifespan. And canon seem to wash their hands of you once equipment is out of warranty. It doesn't matter that is has not lasted a reasonable amount of time.

Apr 27, 2019

Canon — canon printer

This is addressed to the most senior person at canon - ignore this email at your own peril. I am f*ing...

Canoncanoscan 9000f mark ii

Installation of Cano-Scan 9000F Mark II on my MacBook Air, Processor 1.7 GHz Intel core 15, operating with OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra).
                Set-up CD-ROM, M 1.3, QH7-7339-01. Bar code: QH7739130. Copyright CANON INC. 2016.

I do not have access to My image garden.

I go to Applications, Canon Utilities, My Image Garden, and then My Image Garden app. I open it and get the Guide Menu. There are four possibilities available: Print with images, organize Files with possibilities, Scan which is grey and thus not available, and finally Premium contents.

Why is the scan function not available on My Image Garden?

When My Image Garden app. is marked in Finder, I check "get info" and saw that the access for "read and write" works for system and admim, but only "read" worked for everyone. I changed the access to allow everyone, but this did not change anything.

A friend, who has the same scanner, cannot make My Image Garden accessible either. We have concluded that the problem is with the software itself, specifically the version on my CD. I cannot believe that gaining access to My Image Garden should be so difficult. If there is no way to overcome the set-up problem, I would appreciate receiving an installation disc that allows opening My Image Garden. My address in France:

Suzanne Nash
                20, rue Laennec
                29660 CARANTEC
                France

With many thanks
                [protected]@gmail.com

Canonprinter ts5060

I want to print in B&W, but because the yellow ink is low (just low, not even out), it won't let me until I go out and buy unwanted yellow ink.

This kind of manipulation into making customers buy more products than they need feels like bribery. Come on, play fair! I bought your printer, I bought your black ink, I just want to use what I have bought! Let it print!

All that rubbish the marketing department spews out about 'our customers are important to us' is puffery. Canon's customers are treated with disrespect.

Canon USAcustomer or technical support

I own a CanoScan 9000F that I have been using over the last couple weeks to scan photo negatives. It has been working great; then it wasn't. It now will not scan and gives me an internal error code message. I uninstalled the software and downloaded an updated driver from Canon website; that did not solve the problem. I have gone over the troubleshooting guides which do not address this particular problem. I attempted to find an online method to contact Canon technical support-it does not exist. So I called the number Canon gives for support. I guess because the scanner is out of warranty(?) the twerp on the other end of the line WAS NOT ALLOWED (his words) to give me ANY assistance via phone. He referred me back to the website which was absolutely useless.
                    I have nearly the same issue last year with software for a Canon camera. I AM DONE WITH CANON; the most horrible customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Canoncanon ixus 185 - worst camera i’ve ever owned

Tried taking some photos today and it was yet another frustrating experience with the Canon Ixus 185. It really is the absolute worst camera I've ever owned - and that includes old school drugstore disposable cameras. Incredibly disappointing. I know it's a basic point and shoot - I didn't expect outstanding capabilities or features, but I certainly expected my photos to be at least presentable. I've had cameras similar to this and less expensive even that took much better pictures. Instead I get blurry, grainy, dim potato cam results - no matter how I configure the settings (ISO, white balance etc.). It's a fluke when pictures come out clear and nice. This crappy device boasts of 20.0 megapixel results…which just cannot be true. My cell phone takes better pictures. Very disappointed in canon.

Canondelivery of my camera

I ordered an EOS Rebel T6 EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit and paid more than $300 for it. Yet Canon did not add signature confirmation to the delivery so FedEx left it at my door without ringing my doorbell. It could have easily been stolen. Fortunately, I have a honest neighbor who informed me of the package. I think that signature confirmation should be mandatory with any purchase over $50.

Canon — unethical behaviour

Date of incident 10/1/18 Printer: Imageclass MF229dw I called Canon technical support to get assistance with...

Canon USA — canon 40d

I have been a canon camera person for over 20 years. I have always loved your cameras especially the old film...