Having problems with Linksys?

Linksys reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 17, 2008. The latest review linksys customer service was posted on Jan 7, 2019. The latest complaint Poor customer service / no warranty was resolved on Jul 13, 2014. Linksys has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 16 reviews. Linksys has resolved 11 complaints.

Linksys Customer Service Contacts

1800 605 971 (Australia)
8800 200 0902 (Russia)
1800 812 358 (Malaysia)
1800 1114 1695 (Philippines)
1800 4920 (Vietnam)
1800 681 1811 (Mexico)
+1 800 326 7114 (USA and Canada)
+44 203 027 4625 (United Kingdom)
+353 15 245 362 (Ireland)
+64 800 441 528 (New Zealand)
+32 22 008 298 (Belgium)
+45 43 682 210 (Denmark)
+36 617 779 259 (Hungary)
+31 202 061 522 (Netherlands)
+351 217 616 222 (Portugal)
+40 800 833 054 (Romania)
+41 445 118 237 (Switzerland)
+852 800 901 205 (Hong Kong)
+966 800 844 5905 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 800 120 4280 (Singapore)
+27 214 273 086 (South Africa)
+66 922 734 111 (Thailand)
+54 800 666 1771 (Argentina)
121 Theory Drive
Irvine, California

Linksys Complaints & Reviews

Linksyslinksys customer service

I have been trying to get a replacement for a non-functioning AC6600 wireless node...…..for 3 weeks. They have the most screwed up process for returning product I have ever seen and worse, you deal with 3rd world call centers with sub-standard phone service...……...they must use their own product. The wireless system was a gift from my son...…...SWEET JESUS!!! It is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Linksysea9500 max-stream ac5400 mu-mimo gigabit router and re7000 range extender

I think when Cisco split from Linksys so did the companies intelligence. There is not an english speaking person in their support system.
    The broken English is so bad you can barely understand them. They over talk you, tell you to do something and then tell you to do something else at the same time. They think everyone calling is stupid. They up sold me on their new ea9500 router switch with 8 ports and guess what, they doubled the ports but not the capabilities. If you use MAC filtering better not have many devices. I replaced an e3000 and guess what the e3000 works as well if not better than the 8 antenna 9500. The 9500 is huge, cannot be mounted on the wall.
    Better get a huge shelve to house it. No more cisco connect and it is not as secure as the e3000 either. You could not get into the e3000 unless you used a patch cord from the computer directly into one of the ports. Very secure.
    Not anymore. If you can break a password you can get on it from their website. For more than $350.00 there is no value. I also had to buy a re7000 range extender which was defective and they sent me a second and it was defective too.
    How sad that their best range unit with 8 external antennas does not work well and is not worth the money. Go to another vendor!
    Reason of review: poor customer service, bad quality, defective re7000, no return/refund if you bought their product from another vendor they sell to.

LinksysWhat a complete waste of 3 hours

the product was defect to start with. The first time I called in the tech after 45 minutes of going through things her line started to break up and I was hearing every 5th word. Finally I just hung up and called back. the next 2 hours again went through the set up process so many times. Finally the tech tells me the unit is no good! Then he sends me to the sales side so they can arrange for a new one to be sent to me. They want me to give them a credit card and charge me a whole new unit until I send the old one back which at that time they will reimburse me my money. The new one would take 4 to 5 days to get to me? I would have to paying for shipping! I might as well go on Amazons web site and buy one from a different company. I can get it in a day and it would work! No shipping and great customer support. They really do not get it at all. What a joke

LinksysPoor customer service / no warranty

My Lynksys router was past the 90 day tech support but the paperwork said it had a one year warranty. The Brighthouse tech had already told us our router was receiving data in but was not pushing the data back out. Because I was past the 90 day tech support, I was told by Cisco/Lynksys that I had to pay $29.99 for them to diagnose my router before they could honor the one year warranty (even though a cable service tech had already tested the router and said it was not working). I declined to pay $29.99 tech support for a router I paid $50 for. I will never purchase their products again.

Linksys Call Solutions — Stole my money

The company's owner is a liar who stole my money and has yet to give me a refund. I own an AC company...

LinksysHorrible customer service and products

We never had wireless internet before, but since we got two laptops we decided to try it out. We decided to go with Linksys, and found out within a day that it was a HORRIBLE decision. The installation on our computer took six hours of non-stop working (and I'm generally good with computers)...when they claimed it will only take up to a half an hour at most. We called their customer service number several times when the router wouldn't even turn on, and all they did was offer us a discount on our next purchase. They said that they couldn't take back the faulty equipment, and basically just apologized for our frustrations with the product. There won't BE a next purchase.
          After I did some more research, I found out that the routers aren't the only things that hardly work...all the reviews I've read suggest that people go elsewhere if they want good products and good customer services.
          Don't buy anything from Linksys.

CISCO/LinksysIt never worked right

I bought a Linksys WRT160N V3 and it gave me and everyone in the house with there own computers problems everyday all day long. Paid alot of money for it to see that on the Cisco forums that I wasnt alone. The model ( WRT160 N) was just bad and had major security issues. I would be on Facebook then click to to go somewhere else in Facebook and then I was redirected to Myspace but the URL said I was still on Facebook. It did this to everyones computers in my house because we were all connected wireless to this router.Another thing it did was pages never totally loaded up right and sometime just half of it there was . I got alot of Invalid URL's it would say to. They had know this for a year and did nothing and still sold this model. If they had taken it off the shelves back when they started knowing of this issue then back in May I would had bought it. I am out of a lo of money. I want my money back but have no reciept because my purse was stolen. There are literally 100's and 100's of complaints for this model and I think there should be a law suit against them for doing absolutly nothing.

Now I have changed to use my cable companies modem/wireless router combo and havent had a problem since. I even had Ciscos support on the phone and allowed them to get into my computer to do settings in the routers settings and it didnt fix a thing and they knew it wouldnt. They lied cause they knew of the problem but wont admit it. Im telling you they are not being held accountable for this and they should. I had to continuously reboot my computer everyday and all day long for it to maybe an hour be OK then it would do all I said again. Im all good now but thats only because i changed up and now that router is sitting in its box.

Linksys routerCustomer Service

So this is the second time we've had to call about our router. First of all, the rep. I spoke to was very hard to understand which made the conversation very difficult. It seemed like she was merely reading from a script and didn't actually know what she was doing. After a while, it seemed like she had given up trying to help and told me that my router was not supposed to work with broadband speeds or something and that I should upgrade to model number XYZ for X amount because it works for higher speeds. I told her that not only had the router worked perfectly fine before, but that I was not going to pay for a new router just because she couldn't figure out how to fix it. Eventually after giving me the runaround and being generally not helpful, I asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that her supervisor was speaking to other customers, and I told her I'd be happy to wait on hold. Instead of agreeing, she once again suggested I just buy the newer router. After insisting she transfer me, she put me on hold. I waited 5 minutes and was disconnected from the call. I will never be buying a Linksys product again.

Linksys by CiscoTotal rip off and humiliation

First they try to rip you off to collect technical support fee but they avoid to tell you the simplest thing if you reset your router your password will reset itself.

Second, they they brake your router when they troubleshoot it and then they try to sell you a refurbished router which only cost $29 for $179.

Third they don't cancel your order even though they say they have canceled it. They promise you to send free return shipping label and they don't send it.

Fourth they say "we apologize it is all our fault" and they promise the refund the tech service fee and the router cost but they refund NOTHING at the end.

I will go ahead and open a dispute by my credit card company and try to collect all the money they ripped off from me.

Buy a Linksys/Cisco product again???? NEVER and I don't recommend to anyone. Moreover their products are not in good quality and get defective pretty soon and their customer service MORE THAN SUCKS.

I bought a linksys router 9 months ago. I changed the password than I forgot it. I called Liksys technical support and asked help. I spoke to Arpit - Patch number (71149) he told me if I had the receipt, I told him that I didn't keep the receipt and he looked by the serial number of the router and told me it is out of warranty and I needed to pay $29.99 for technical support. I had to accept it.

He entered into my computer and tried to upgrade the firmware but he was out of patience to wait enough and the firmware didn't update. The router stopped working. He told me it is not repairable anymore and I need to purchase another router. He connected me to his supervisor Neil. He tried to sell me a router which cost $179 but since I paid $29.99 and Arpit the technician broke my router while troubleshooting, I could pay only $150 to have it. I said it is too expensive for me. Then, Neil lower the price to $100. I said it's still too expensive for me. Then he lowered the price to $59.99. I said I am not willing to pay that much and told him that Cisco should send the same router what the technician broke when he was troubleshooting. Supervisor told me they don't manufacture the same model anymore and I need to buy the router what he offered to me. This time he made the price for $38.05 for brand new latest model router. I accepted the offer.

I got a confirmation email from them and the router was not brand new it was refurbished. I looked the price in Ebay the sell it for $29. I called Linksys and spoke to May to cancel the order after 10 minutes. She confirmed that my order was canceled but they sent the router to my address and charged my credit card. I called technical service manager Jackie and explained the situation she accepted that the technician broke my router and they would refund my $29, 99 technical support fee. Another manager "Manual" called me after and told me he initiated the refund.

Then, I called customer service and spoke to manager Phia - patch number (16340) and filed a complaint about all what happened. She apologized and promised to send me a free return label. She said your technical support fee has been refunded and she would like to offer another free troubleshooting to make the broken router work again. The second technician succeeded to make it work.

3 days later I didn't receive any free return label from them and I called them again. By chance I spoke again to Phia customer service Manager and she said she sends right away the free return label and the RMA number. Yes I received the RMA number but not the free return label. Moreover now she says she wouldn't give technical support fee back because the 2. technician solved my problem. Actually 2. technician didn't do ANYTHING than repairing the router which had been broken by the first technician.

• Ro
                    rojjk Aug 19, 2011

• Ia
                    iamjosan Jul 18, 2010

I just got off the phone with a technical support representative, and she tried to pull the same thing on me. She tried to charge me $29.99 which is how much their poor product cost me. I can't believe these guys.

Josan
                    ambiguousindifference.blogspot.com

LinksysFraud and illegal activity

This story tops alot of these Linksys complaints, its absurd how they ripped me off! I Paid $29.99 to a technical support phone rep to update my firmware on my wireless router, which was out of warranty. They explained this would take away the slow connection times I was recently having, but in all other ways the router was working perfectly before my call to them. Hey, I get this; a faster, newer router for $29.99 did not seem bad. They can not continue updating all their products for free, for life. However, the firmware upgrade failed, (after two hours of other troubleshooting and phone disconnections). The tech had gained remote access to my computer and was attempting to do this firmware upgrade off-site through his remote access, but again I was only left with a message saying "firmware update failed". The failure of this firmware upgrade left my router totally dead, the software was completely broken and non-repairable according to the second rep. (by the way, the first rep. responsible for attempting the failed ugrade had to "call me back" and did not, go figure!). They finally said there was nothing that could be done but to buy a new router, my $29.99 was non-refundable of course, and that they were happy to sell me a new router! What a FRAUD and ILLEGAL activity, they break the router remotely and then try to sell you a new one! There was no disclaimer explaining they may render my device completely inoperable if this 'update' failed. I spoke to many other customer service representatives after and tried speaking with supervisors about them replacing my router which they were solely responsible for destroying but of course was turned down on all attempts. This was an absurd mis-treatment of a customer not to mention seems illegal and fraudulent. I have read alot of complaints about LINKSYS blatantly ripping customers off and this is simply another very obvious example of this. I truely can not believe anyone can get away with this! Linksys: replace my router which your tech destroyed through mis-guided troubleshooting.

• Ka
                      Katheryn Henderson May 16, 2012

Not happy? That's the understatement of the year! After spending 40 of my airtime minutes on the phone, the "tech help" tried to bill me $100 when I knew there was nothing wrong with the router, we just needed to have it reset! The guy tried to tell us there was a problem with it and that other companies would have charged $200 for the service he provided for us! THIS IS CLEARLY NOT A LEGITIMATE COMPANY!!! If this person worked in the U.S. he would not have made it from his office to his car without having the snot beat out of him. I have never encountered such a blatant scam! Are they working on commission in India?!? I phoned my ISP who had me up and running in 3 MINUTES!!! It was clear there was never anything wrong with my router. It just needed to be reset due to a power failure. I simply wasn't holding down the reset button long enough. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN AND INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD ASAP!!!
                      ************************************************************************************************************************************

LinksysCrappy product. Crappy Service

Purchased a wireless router last year and simply needed to reconfigure the security settings. After several personal attempts and internet research (including the 'trouble-shooting' and 'helpful hints' sections from the company's website) - I finally phoned tech support. I was told that my problem was easy to fix but that the product service warranty had expired and that if I wanted tech support I needed to buy an extended service warranty package.

I will never purchase another CISCO / LINKSYS product again - furthermore, I will go out of my way to warn others against purchase of these products.

Linksys WMP54GX — Unsupported Drivers

My complaint is simple... I bought the Linksys SRX200 G Router and WMP54GX G Wireless card on November 12...

Linksys — support scam

Purchased a linksys wireless router and tried to install/configure it. The wizard would not work - error...

LinksysFraud alert

The support by phone is worthless, the product does not work and I would recommend to find another product for your wireless internet.

• Kc
                          Kcsrider Mar 05, 2010

Here is how this scam works: Call Linksys/Cisco for tech support, tech says "buy our much better upgraded wireless router for $90 and this tech support call is no charge, AND the new router has three years tech support". Now this is Cisco right? The deal sounds good right? The new router comes, , "remanufactured", 30 day warranty, 90 day tech support and let me tell you right now, Cisco/Linksys wants NO part in taking it back!! I happen to have a speaker phone and plenty to do while waiting, but it took 9 hours on the phone dozens of calls before Cisco/Linksys would take the router back and send a return shipping lable. There are other manufacturers out there, use them.

Linksyspoor customer service

I bought a range extender for my wireless router as one room in my home had a bad signal. The "easy" startup disk didn't work so I called Linksys. They told me they could help manually configure the range extender but, since the router was purchased previously and out of warranty, they could not tell me how to configure the router to be compatible with the range extender without paying for the service (BOTH linksys products)!!! I said do you want me to return a $100.oo product since I cannot figure out how to sync the two or spend 5 minutes helping me with a simple configuration? They could care less. I asked for a supervisor and after being on hold for 45 minutes, they hung up on me. Unbelievable!!! I am fit to be tied. What kind of customer service is that? Guess I'll return the product and they wont get the sale. What a sad, sad company!

• Ex
                            ExLinksysCustomer Jun 06, 2017

I wish I had read your complaint before wasting money on Linksys products. I had the same experience with RE4000W extenders. Instructions were inadequate and software won't work with Windows 10 (which they don't tell you). No support unless I pay for "Premium" package based on date of manufacture, not date of purchase. Because these are made overseas and marketed in bulk, warranty is often expired before you buy them. They also state in the warranty fine print that there is no warranty on their software or even that the product will reliably work. Unbelievable! Never, ever, buying Linksys again.

• Fr
                            freezer Jul 11, 2015

Worse Customer service seriously, i called for them to help me out connect my internet to my new Router and they told me i had to pay $30 bucks for them to help me out, Worse item ever Bought in my life 1st they told me first 90 days are free but they could only help me if i pay, thats rediculous!!!
                            Lynksys is the worse and imma do everything possible to ruin this Company and take it down i dont care how many Lawyers i have to use imma do everything possible for that company to pay for their extremely bad Customer service.

• Ji
                            Jim44 Jun 03, 2010

Worst customer service experience ever. My unit has consistently had issues with overheating, but it did not degrade the performance of the wireless speeds. That changed recently and I'm basically operating at modem speeds. It is clear this is a known issue from reading blogs on this model (WRT310N) but Linksys denies it. Because my unit is a month out of warranty the company will not even help troubleshooting the device without a $30 payment. Next I was forwarded to "customer service" with the promise of a replacement unit and a case #. The customer service rep could not locate the case # and spent the next 10 minutes trying to sell me a new router or a refurbished router. No offer or interest in replacing the unit. Sorry Linksys, never again.

• Do
                            douglas lyon Sep 30, 2009

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:57:21 +0000 (GMT)
                            From: [email protected]
                            Subject: Transcript of WebEx support session with Support Representative,
                            Ma. Reina P. (29826).
                            To: [email protected]
                            X-Forwarded-for: [email protected] [email protected]
                            Delivered-to: [email protected]
                            Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 69.64.89.63 is
                            neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of
                            [email protected]) [email protected]
                            X-Forwarded-To: [email protected]
                            Original-recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

This is the session transcript you requested for session # [protected] with Ma. Reina P. (29826) on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:57 am

Hello
                            Please wait... Your number in the queue: 4
                            Ma. Reina P. (29826) has joined this session.
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Hello Douglas Lyon! Welcome to Linksys Live Chat. How may I help you?

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
                            Agent 47194 hung up on me. I am case number [protected] serial number CSV01J4K3912
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Please give me 2 minutes here, Sir.

model number wrt54G2V1
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Let me check the previous case.

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
                            I am trying to hook up a VPN network and have opened the ports. I am using openvpn to establish the connection between my mac and a linux box running fedora 12. Do you have documentation that can help me?
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Thank you for waiting, Sir, We only have to open VPN ports on the router.

they are open
                            May I have the ports?

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
                            how can I give them to you?
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            You have lowered the MTU and Disabed the Block WAN request as well. Correct?

from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Okay, you just want steps on how to access your VPN using MAC or Linux. Correct?

yes, from mac to linux.
                            Please hold on.

from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Thank you for waiting, Sir. The compuets are working fine, only the VPN connection from MAC to Linux is not, right?

right!
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Thank you so much for the information. This concern is beyond the scope of chat support and I won?t be able to assist further. I do, however, have a couple of support options for you to choose from. First off, we have our award-winning 24/7 online support tools. Second, we can offer you fee-based technical support to assist with your 3rd party product. How would you like to proceed?

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
                            I just want documentation, do you have documentation?
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            Alright! The online support tools are located at <http://www.linksysbycisco.com/kb>http://www.linksysbycisco.com/kb

from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            For your records, the case number of this session is [protected].

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
                            also, award winning 24x7 tech support has hung up me twice.
                            47194 hung up on me.
                            from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
                            and my initial call was also a hang up.
                            from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
                            I apologize for that, Sir. you may try the the 800 number which is [protected].

However, it's fee-based.

LinksysThey screw you on the warranty

On 9/13/2008, I purchased a Linksys router, model BEFSX41. After 8 months the router stopped functioning. When I called Linksys and read off the serial number I was told the router was no longer under warranty. There was a lot of confusion because of the poor English the technician spoke. I was finally able to understand that the warranty started from a manufacturing date and not from date of purchase.

Not believing my ears I hung up and called again. I was told again by another technician that my warranty did in fact start 4 months before I purchase the router. To put it another way, one third of my warranty was gone before I even thought about purchasing a Linksys router.

I was so pissed I could not continue to talk to the Linksys tech so I just hung up.

I am not going to pay to deal with thieves like that. I say thieves because only a thieving mind could come up with this type of warranty.

• Jk
                              Jkay72 Dec 19, 2014

Linksys warranty on their routers is horrible. We bought model WRT54GL in September 2014 and it stopped working in December 2014. We bought the router at Amazon. When we called, we were told this model was 15 years old and the warranty was no longer available. When I chose this model, I was not aware I was purchasing a 15 year old model. This is crazy and hard to believe a company does not stand by its products after a few months of ownership by a consumer. When we called for tech help, the only help they wanted to give was for us to buy an updated model. I will not buy a product that was made by Linksys again. They are horrible and their product is horrible and they don't stand by their product. They also don't help you when their product stops working. Never again. I will continue to warn other people word of mouth is a companys worst enemy

• Fr
                              Frut Feb 03, 2010

I installed an N wireless network and 2 days later the unit failed. Linksys tech group figured out the problem but Linksys wont replace the unit unless you live in Canada or the US. If you dont live in those two countries you are on your own. DONT BUY LINKSYS if you are not in those countries. I had problems with my Belkin but at least they stepped up and fixed it.

• Bo
                              Bossta Dec 03, 2009

Linksys has lousy customer service. They told me just enough to mess up my computer.

• Sh
                              Shawna A Harrison Jul 29, 2009

This story tops alot of these Linksys complaints, its absurd, how they ripped me off! I Paid $29.99 to a technical support phone rep to update my firmware on my wireless router, which was out of warranty. They explained this would take away the slow connection times I was recently having, but in all other ways the router was working perfectly before my call to them. Hey I get this, a faster newer router for $29.99 did not seem bad, they can not continue updated all their products for free for life (and apparently do not honor a 1 year warrenty anyhow!). However, the firmware upgrade failed, (after two hours of other troubleshooting and phone disconnections). The tech had gained remote access to my computer and was attempting to do this firmware upgrade remotely through his remote access, but I was left with a message saying "firmware update failed". The failure of this firmware upgrade left my router totally dead, the software was completely broken and non-repairable according to the second rep. (by the way, the first rep. responsible for attempting the failed ugrade had to "call me back" and did not, go figure!). They finally said there was nothing that could be done but to buy a new router, my $29.99 was non refundable of course, but that they were happy to sell me a new router! What a FRAUD and ILLEGAL activity, they break the router remotely and then try to sell you a new one! There was no disclaimer explaining they may render my device completely inoperable if this 'update' failed. I spoke to many other customer service representatives after and tried speaking with supervisors about them replacing my router which they were solely responsible for destroying but of course was turned down on all attempts. This was an absurd mis-treatment of a customer not to mention seems illegal and fraudulent. I have read alot of complaints about LINKSYS blatantly ripping customers off and this is simply another very obvious example of this. I truely can not believe anyone can get away with this!

• Ny
                              NYorkese Dec 03, 2008

We bought several wireless network adapters and one of them came apart. We also had problems with their other products (routers).I called to exchange the product and found out that their warranty is nothing less than a scam. They outsource their customer service to a company based in some Third World country, train them to tell customers that it's their fault if the device is not working properly and unless there's a catastrophic event like fire or the device was damaged during the transportation they won't honor the 1 year warranty. The quality of service is very poor, you have to go through many people to get to the one who will keep you on hold for 30 min just to tell you to get lost. You'll wait for a supervisor for another 20 min to hear the same. My company stopped buying their products since the overall quality of product and service went down considerably.

charlie Nov 25, 2008

I purchased a Wireless g Camera and less than 3 months latter I called for a technical question and was told it was out of warranty and the caller taker asked several times if it was refurbished.It was bought new from Best Buy.

• Pa