Best Buy / sexual harrassment

1 Providence HighwayDedham, MA, United States Review updated:

I was with my husband in bb. I stepped away for a moment to pick out a movie and he went to play video games. I noticed that a man was creepily following me for a good five minutes. He was staring and reeked of boozes. Finnaly the man wasnt even trying to hide himself, so I ask him if I could help him with something and if not to leave me alone and go away. He told me that he couldnt stop staring at a beautiful women when he saw one. I felt extremely uncomfortable and told him thanks, but no thanks (Im married) well, he didnt stop. I walked away to put space between us and he stood at the end of the isle with his eyes fixated on me. Creepy... Finally I went to an employee and explained what was going on and the employee told me that he was just walking around and was drunk (basically, no b deal) he also said he had seen what was going on and he obviously didnt take the initiative to ask me if there was a problem. So when I got no response from him I had gone to another employee, who told me dont let a man ruin your day over that.. Ummm excuse me I was being sexually harassed!!! After all that they did nothing.. What was a drunk man doing in best buy just hanging out and walking around.. Well no good can come from that and that will only travel by word of mouth and surely contribute to the negative reputation of the store..

I hope these issues are addressed seriously. Women do not deserve to be treated as an object or feel uncomfortable while trying to shop because a man feels the need to stare.. Yah know.. What a sicko. And shame on best buy for the lack of training on the topic of sexual harassment!!

Ja

Comments

• St
      17th of Mar, 2009

Don`t be such a prude. Obviously you are a gorgeous and sensual woman who appeals to men of all types. You should be glad about your body. Congratulations on your restraint in remembering your marraige vows, even as you may silently lust for others.

• La
      24th of Apr, 2009

Yea right, I'm sure your not all that. He was probally trying to figure out what the hell you were. He probably thought you were some kind of sea monster.

• Su
      14th of Jul, 2009

"Sea Monster" BWHAHAAHAHAHA!

• To
      6th of Jun, 2017

They apparently believe sexual harassment is acceptable behavior. This happened to me yesterday evening: BEWARE: A serious matter of sexual harassment during a Best Buy appliance delivery: I had a new range delivered yesterday evening by two men for Best Buy from one of their warehouses in Dallas, Texas. During the delivery, I faced an unacceptable and appalling situation. One of the men sexually harassed me in words and touch. The first thing that happened is his hand touched my "lower backside" when I was passing. I thought it had been some sort of accident, but it continued to happen. He made sure he would get closer to me while I was cleaning while they were trying to install the range, then his hand would touch my "lower backside". It happened many times. In addition, he started flirting and asking if he could be my boyfriend, stating he would like to live in my home, and asking if he could hang out with me. It went on and on. I kept saying no. I called family and only got voice mail but pretended to be talking to them and pretended they were on their way home as I was that disturbed by the episode and afraid of where it may go. I was alone in the house except for the two delivery men. Only one of them was harassing me. This morning I called and reported it to the geek squad. I have another Best Buy delivery for Saturday - the matching microwave, and the customer service person assured me that someone from the Best Buy store would be delivering and installing it - not the warehouse. However, I will still make sure I have family and/or friends there with me or even instead of me as I am now afraid. No one should have to be afraid when having a Best Buy item delivered. This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I was not told what would be done to the young man. Has he harassed others? I bet he has. Would he continue harassing people? I bet he will. I fear this will be swept under the rug and hushed and ignored. I am not a young woman either. This is crazy. I am 52 years old. What if he does this to some young woman who is even less able to do something about it. I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed that it happened at all. I didn't want to deal with it, but then I thought of him doing this to others, and therefore, I WILL make sure this story gets out. I WILL make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. I expect to hear what happens to him. I expect Best Buy to address this matter with me. Thank you.