Having problems with Microsoft?

Microsoft reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2006. The latest review Customer service was posted on Oct 8, 2021. The latest complaint prize was resolved on Jan 23, 2018. Microsoft has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 555 reviews. Microsoft has resolved 181 complaints.

Microsoft Customer Service Contacts

One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington
United States - 98052-7329

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Microsoft Customer Service. Initial Microsoft complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Microsoft above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Microsoft. Discuss the issues you have had with Microsoft and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Microsoft Complaints & Reviews

Oct 08, 2021

Microsoft — Customer service

I work for instacart. I shop and delivery. I delivered on October 7th to the Reston office in Reston...

MicrosoftDecades old hotmail account locked after complaining about getting a lot of microsoft ip spam

Accounts locked for no reason. Either by mistake or spite as I have been complaining about lots of spam, including malicious ones, coming from a Microsoft IP. This is an account I have had for decades with no issues. Only now, after I complain to [protected]@microsoft and the Cert online form, my account was locked as if I'm violating Microsoft rules. I'm not and never violated anything. This is absurd.

Sep 24, 2021

Microsoft — Xbox one

Tried turning on my xbox [protected] and makes sound but black screen known as the "black screen of death"...

MicrosoftMicrosoft 365 personal I have been a member since 2014

I have been subscribing to Microsoft for business since 2014 and yesterday I was locked out. I received a message stating that my account needed to be activated. When I signed in to activate the account that had been previously activated since renewal occurred on April 14, 2021 I was shocked to discover that it did not show my April payment. I then went on my credit card and it showed that it was paid in full $69.99 on 4/14/21 I was dismayed. I then started the chain of online customer service which is a complete joke. This is a serious issue I went through four different representatives from India and none of them could figure it out. Not to mention they could not access my personal information because they are from India and that is what they told me, not making this up. I asked to speak with someone in the United States and they transferred me to a manager but this guy was also from India and nothing was accomplished. I spend 4.5 hours with Microsoft yesterday morning trying to figure this out and nothing happened. The manager insisted that I was wrong and he was right and then said he was done and hung up on me! Very poor customer service. What agent makes a statement that you are wrong and he is right when I have the payment right in front of me and I had already been using the service since 4/14/21!
    I use Microsoft for my business so I decided to let my credit card deal with them and I lodged a Dispute against Microsoft for disrupting my service that was paid for. I then made a new account and paid with a different credit card so that I can continue to run my business paperwork.
    Their customer service is a joke. Nothing was resolved and whats more they don't care. They got my money twice! I am appalled at the ethics of this company.

Microsoft 365 personal I have been a member since 2014
    Microsoft 365 personal I have been a member since 2014

• Updated by Linda Comin · Sep 21, 2021

Poor experience! Waste of my time.

MicrosoftMy account

I am a 72 old disabled Vietnam veteran. I got a new computer. My Microsoft account would not recognize the new computer. So I reached out to support for help and I got a response back from Microsoft threatening that if I kept trying to get Help with my account it would not be activated for 60 days I was reaching out to their support system now I have a computer that is unprotected I can't use it for 60 days. So I don't know what to do where to go to be able to use my new computer. Hi saved they threatening email I got from them.

Aug 07, 2021

Microsoft — Hotmail account recovery

If there was a zero star rating, I would of chosen it. About a month ago my Huawei P30 lite did an Android...

MicrosoftI can not login into my email

I have created an email and this is the correct email: [protected]@prontonmail.com. and as a second email in case of problems was provide the following email. [protected]@hotmail.com, it work when you email me in regards my email

I tried many times first the passwords was not right, them it said the credential are not correct, I did use this email by sending 2 email to [protected]@hotmail.com, but after I tried to login the password did not work. neither the credential

I have tried to reset the passwords it does not either work I tried to created an email with the same name: [protected]@prontonmail.com IT SAID THE EMAIL ALREADY EXIST

Microsoft always control my emails, change the the names, the passwords that is invasion of privacy, hacking all my emails but it works if you email to this address,

Please help me to logging into my email

Nohemy Cunningham

MicrosoftAbout scam

The sum of 800, 000 pounds has been awarded to ur mobile no. In microworld office mobile draw. To claim, send ur name and age to this email: [protected]@outlook.com... I want to know what is this??

About scam

Jul 30, 2021

Microsoft — Microsoft won't let me reset password and won't verify who I am

I purchased a new cell phone on Monday, emails didn't transfer, couldn't sign into my email account, couldn't...

Microsoft/AOLAOL Comment Boards.

Whenever I attempt to post a comment, it automatically gets rejected. That notice pops up on the screen in about 18 seconds, "Your comment has been rejected" Even though I post something as simple as, 123, or testing, or just one dot, they all get rejected for no reason. This started a couple days ago. I would like the return of normal functioning on comment boards, and an explanation on why this happened to begin with. I don't recall posting anything offensive, racist, or derogatory.

MicrosoftMicrosoft word

Microsoft keeps changing my font color to green every time I download a copy to my computer. It's becoming so hard to find a job because of this issue. The picture shows the top green save into my Pc with the color green unauthorized by me . This is a very important situation and needs to be escalated for resolution. I have a car payment to meet and I cannot do anything without employment.

Microsoft word

Jun 28, 2021

Microsoft — Cannot get updates from microsoft on new computer/windows 10

I got a new tower Dec '20, Windows 10. I am getting need to update messages from microsoft daily and I...

MicrosoftMicrosoft Account

My roommates boyfriend altered my Windows accounts and Google accounts. He added himself in the personal info and contact info. I have screenshots of it, now he has stolen my roommates laptop that has all of my info on it. Help!!!
                His name is Greg Adams, his cell is [protected] and his email is [protected]@yahoo.com.
                MY PHONE # is [protected]. That's one of my accounts he did that to. See pictures below. I need halo ASAP

Microsoft Account
                Microsoft Account

MicrosoftOffice business standard

Purchased Business Standard in March, but installing hit a problem due to having a personal account. I could not use the same phone number. Now my personal account is over and I have a product that I can't get into and online support sends me in a loop and calling just tells me to put my phone in and try again. Do I uninstall everything and try again. And if so will I be told that product key was used already and so buy another one? Or will I be told now you can put in 3 other computers? Been trying to find the answer for 5 hours and my business is going suffer if not fixed by Monday. I at a point I want to slam head against the wall until it cracks open. I NEED HELP.

Daniel Miller
                  Greenpoint Thermography
                  [protected]
                  [protected]@greenpointthermography.com

MicrosoftWEB Site

The bias news information you show each time I open your site is so fictitious that it must be treated as Un-American Propaganda. If there is one true American working for your fake operation, I challenge them to open your site and not find something (every time) in favor of Biden and his traitor administration versus the usual negative jargon about Trump's?
                    80 Million people (after all the election audits are in, that number will be close) loved what Trump was doing for AMERICA and we all know we were cheated out of this election.
                    Like all the fake news and Un-American publications, I'm sure you'll ignore this complaint; but remember, there's only one United States of America.
                    Buz

1 Response

MicrosoftOffice 365

Unfortunately, my issue stated in the last couple of weeks and it involves verification when I forget or have to change a password. Communications from your customer service group is not getting to my telephone number
                      [protected] or my email address, [protected]@gmail.com.

Last week the same thing occurred when the customer service group sent bogus verification codes and I have collected all of the emails from the Microsoft Management Team in sequence. Coincidentally, I met some Microsoft officials out in Chicago when the office was in Chicago.

I can not understand why the management style of the present customer service group operating now is so different from the real Microsoft officials that I met in Chicago. I suggest that communications between the customer service group and office 365 customers be monitored for consistency .

Within the last two weeks I have received at least four bogus verification codes sent to me by customer service. Why is Microsoft hiring individuals who are not computer literate? email [protected]@gmail.com. phone [protected]

Jun 04, 2021

Microsoft — Scam email

I received this email today. Please confirm it is true or fake? Delivery approval of your winning...

MicrosoftYOUR QUALITY OF SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXTREMELY HORRIBLE . I've had nothing but issue after issue .

It's simple My wife who is " FEMALE " with the google email [protected]@gmail.com, her name is Kyle Clanton my name is Mr. Jerry Clanton her HUSBAND I AM MALE for whatever reason someone or somebody is/are confused . Please correct . Its causing major major major problems . This chat talk to agent whatever its suppose to be it has alot of glitches . Again why have these services if they don't asist properly they you think they shoud . I.m "A VETERAN" A PROUD VETERAN . This is extremely sloppy for this type of organization but what else is new I'm ONLY A VETERAN .

MicrosoftSurface

I requested a replacement for my miscrosoft surface since it was under guarantee and I had paid for its protection. I received the surface on the 10th and returned it on the 18th of April. I was charged for it even though I retuned it before their 15 day deadline. I was credited the money and now every time I call because they place the money on hold on my account they tell me it will be resolved in 24 hours due to a systems glitch.
                          I have had three promises of resolution only to find out that after they resolve it they immediately place a hold for the same amount on my bank account. This has occurred three times and every time I call them I had do so multiple time because they hang up on me

MicrosoftMega poker/texas holdem

Playing poker, had 42M M lost 20M chips reupped with 11M chips I increased my chips at that table to 30M chips. myself and two other players were left at the table so I switched to a fuller table where I bought in with 30M chips. I won several hands and had over 50M chips in my bank so I quit the game, and signed out, I logged on to play three days later, and was told that I did not have enough chips to play at that table. I checked my bank and all I had was 1.500.00 chips, How is it possible for my account to be emptied? I should have had at least 60 or 70M chips in my account. I wish I could be exact but it was late and I just logged off for the night, I knew that I was ahead for the night