Avis Rent A Car / scam, fraudulent charges
Avis Fraudulent Charges
Avis scammed us. We rented a car from Avis at Frankfurt Airport in Germany during our vacation. From Aug. 26 - Setp. 9, 2010. When we returned the car, a rep. from Avis check the car almost with a microscope, then told us that there was a scratch on the front bumper by the passenger side. we took a look then and saw a scratch no more than 2-inch. He told us that we'll be charged 490.00Euro. He said it's nothing because it should be covered by the credit card we used to rent the car. This is a scam by Avis. The scratch does not even look new, it's was not easy to find, unless you put your face only few inches away.
A few minutes later he gave us a receipt with a picture that he marked there's a scratch at the back bumper!!! So, what is it then?? Back or front??
It does not matter because it all were already there. Avis's scammed us because there was a rental insurance from MasterCard, that covers up to $500.00. That's is why they charged a 490.00 fee for damage. But this is in Germany, so 490.00Euro becomes 690.00 us dollars!!
We are alerting the credit card company that this Avis charge is a fraudulent charge. But my advice is be very careful. Take plenty of pictures of the rental car before you drive off the parking lot. This way you have proof that you did not cause the so call 'scratch' or 'damages', and avoid a scam like the way Avis scammed us.
More Avis Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental/ unprofessional customer service representative
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - 12 passenger van
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - unprofessional behavior 
- avis.com - rental car 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - charge for supposed parking ticket