Amazon.com / charge back

I had ordered some books and dvds from Amazon.com in May 2007 when I was in Turkey. In about a month I had to leave Turkey and return to India. When after three months of ordering, I did not receive the product , I cancelled the order.
I had advised amazon.com well in advance that since I had left the country from where I had ordered, the amount should not be refunded to the same country’ bank account. Below are some of the emails that I exchanged with amazon.com.
Kindly check my above order which I had given in May 2007, but I am still to receive any of the item. I had ordered these while I was in Turkey and had used Turkey's credit card.
Since I have not received any of the items even after 3 months, kindly cancel all my orders and refund my money to this account.
Name : Philip Hou
Bank's Name : UTI Bank
Account No. : [protected]
Bank's Address : Navghar, Lucky Palace,
Near ST Bus Stand
Vasai - West
Thane - 401202 ( Maharashtra )
India.
As you said that " > 08/15/07 11:02:44

order-update@amazon.com to me
show details 16 Aug
Dear Philip Hou,

Your order has been successfully canceled. For your reference, here's a summary of your order:

You just canceled order #[protected] placed on August 15, 2007.

Status: CANCELED

_____________________________________________________________________

1 of Mary-Kate & Ashley Collector's Set Around the World (When in Rome/Getting There/Holiday in the Sun/Winning London)
By: Mary-Kate Olsen & Ashley (Actor)

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 of The Challenge
By: Ashley Olsen (Actor), et al

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

_____________________________________________________________________

Because you only pay for items when we ship them to you, you won't be charged for any items that you cancel.

Thank you for visiting Amazon.com!

- Show quoted text -
On 16/08/07, Amazon.com Customer Service <cust.service03@amazon.com> wrote:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

First let me apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we are here to make things easier for you. We will take
each and every action to prevent you from bearing any loss.I'm sorry, but it appears that your order has been lost in shipping.

I've placed a new order for the items to be shipped to you as soon as possible.

To ensure that your order is delivered quickly and efficiently, and that these items are not held up by delays in customs clearance
procedures, we create a replacement order with charges when an international order is lost, damaged, or incorrect. The charge for
this order is $55.98.This same amount will be refunded to your original order. Both the charge and refund will be applied to the credit card used on the original order.

Here are the order details:

Order Number : [protected]
Shipping Speed : Expedited International Shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: August 23, 2007 - August 29, 2007
cust.service03@amazon.com to me, orders
show details 23 Aug
Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for $55.98
for the above-referenced order.

For more information on how we calculate refunds, please visit our
web site at http://www.amazon.com/refunds

We hope this is a satisfactory resolution for you. However, if you
have any questions or concerns, please use this link to contact
Customer Service:

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Amazon.com Customer Service to me
show details 26 Sep
Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order. However i checked your order and I see that a full refund for the amount of $64.69 has been issue3d to the credit card you have used to pay for the order. I understand that you no longer use the credit card. I am sorry but, we are unable to reverse a refund as we would have to re-charge the cancelled card, and charges can not be applied to closed accounts. If you have another credit card with the same issuing bank, the bank can normally apply the refund to your other credit card. If you no longer have a credit card with the issuing bank they will issue you a refund check. Please contact the issuing bank about the refund on your cancelled credit card. For your privacy, your bank will only speak to you about your account. Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and express our gratitude for the patience you've displayed thus far.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.com--we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,

Sanju S.
Amazon.com Customer Service

Sir/Madam,

Earlier I had requested you not to refund money to the credit card used on the original order since I have already left that country. Kindly refund money to my above account. Or if it is not possible to refund to the above account kindly inform how the amount can be refunded or redeemed.

regards
Philip

Your Amazon.com Order (#[protected]) Inbox Amazon Order
Reply to all Forward Print Add cust.service03@amazon.com to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
cust.service03@amazon.com to me, orders
show details 23 Aug
Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for $55.98
for the above-referenced order.

For more information on how we calculate refunds, please visit our
web site at http://www.amazon.com/refunds

We hope this is a satisfactory resolution for you. However, if you
have any questions or concerns, please use this link to contact
Customer Service:

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Now I have found that the amazon.com has charged back the amount to the same old credit card which I had cancelled before I returned to India. And it has become next to impossible to get back that amount even after months of emailing to Garanti Bank of Turkey.

I don’t know whom to blame.

Philip
+[protected]

Comments

14th of Apr, 2008

You expect Amazon to be able to refund a different bank??? Even if they could do that, which they can't, that would open them up to a world of scammers.

Da
  14th of May, 2008

I have been attempting to return a unopened DVD of 'Allo 'Allo, series eight ueing to following address-http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html with no luck. I can not put the screen. Would you please mail me a return authorization, Thank you, David C. Miller

Da
  14th of May, 2008

I need to return "allo "allo Series eigth, which is a duplicate order, Thank You.
David C. Miller

Bk
  25th of Sep, 2008

I received an e-mail on Wed. Sept. 24, 2005 stateing that the D.V.D. that I had ordered titled "Hidden Places" had been returned and that they were refunding the purchase price of USD $13.97. However, I have received the D.V.D. and did not return it, so the refund is not necessary. I would appreciate you taking care of this matter promptly. Thank You.
Customer: B. Kay Ochs Re: order # 104-5835889-3529053

Pa
  29th of Nov, 2008

My order was shipped in a timely fashion, however UPS claims it attempted delivery 3 times and got no answer. I am disabled and it takes me a while to get to the entry bell. I had not been out of the house for any of the three deliveries. UPS either did not give me enough time to answer or just buzzed once and I did not hear the buzzer.
My order was returned to you by UPS and you gave me credit. I don't want credit! I want my books. Please reinstate my order. If possible, resend via Regular post or do not require a signature to accept. UPS will leave the package if no signature is required. PLEASE send my order back. I await the delivery anxiously.

Ku
  30th of Dec, 2011

To whom it may concern:
Sorry about that I don't know where to ask (or contact)about my problem. Although the bill for the book, "A Streetcar named Desire(Dramatized), by Tennessee Williams, $ 10.95, Reference 21086210 which I ordered on 17th of this month through Kindle reader to Audible com." was already charged to my VISA credit card, I don't get the material in my Kindle yet.
I am grateful if you would kindly examine(investigate)what has happened to the above-mentined book.I am very sorry about my poor English. I hope you would understand what I meant.
With best regards. Kusuo Horiki JAPAN