Amazon.comprime membership and shipping

J

I order lots to books and dvds. I thought an Amazon Prime membership would benefit me. Amazon Prime promises 2 day service, but that may be for the first few orders. After a few orders, it was all downhill. I wanted 2 day delivery. Instead, it has been a major headache. After a few on time deliveries, Amazon decided to push me to the back of the shipping line by have DHL give my packages to the U.S. Postal service. I complained, but they seemed unconcerned about the delay. Now, I have dvds that are lost somewhere and instead of a quick replacement, I am being lied to and given the brush-off.

• Au
    Audrey W. McCoy Sep 08, 2019

I never order Amazon Prime but you continue to take it out of account. Replace the money and stop trying to commit fraud, which is exactly what this is. Stop now and replace my money.
    Audrey McCoy

Dalnor Jul 23, 2014

Just about everything you complained about was wrong.

You absolutely CAN track packages in the USPS and have been able to do that for years.

Once a package is sent, if UPS sends it in the wrong direction, only UPS can change or do anything about that. Calling Amazon would do nothing at all except display your own ignorance.

Your comment adds up to "Amazon sucks because the US postal service is slow and i don't know how to track a package and also because UPS doesn't know east from west."

• ROBIN66 Jun 09, 2014

Dear sir / madam:
    I am filing a complaint to amazon.Com. The problem that i am order an item. Here is the order number and title of the item. The item title " dc robin 4" pvc figurine, order # [protected], date that i order on, june 1, 2017. And, i received an email the next day, on sunday, june 2, 2017. That the item is out of stock, and i ask for my refund. The amount of $9. 98. Recenty, i received an item that is sent to me that is not belong to me. That in the invoice have a different name. The name of the receipt. Here is the name, frederick j. Farell, and the prodect, italia cd, singer, chris botti.
    I am will show you the proof of what i am written.

• Kt
    ktree325 Dec 28, 2013

I had a problem with AMAZON when I returned a defective computer. The computer was returned via UPS and I got the name of the person at AMAZON that signed for the item when it was received by AMAZON. I called AMAZON when I did not receive the refund after 10 days., and received a very rude email from "ACCOUNT SPECIALIST" [email protected] telling me that he, she or it could not find my return. I sent "ACCOUNT SPECIALIST" [email protected] the information, including the order number, the Return Authorization number and the name of the person who signed for it at AMAZON. It still took FOUR WEEKS to receive a refund from AMAZON, plus a number of phone calls and emails. "RETURNS ARE EASY", or so says AMAZON.

REAL EASY!

• De
    dejore24 Apr 10, 2013

I dont want you to be sympathetic.

Amazon.com went into a contract with me for the phone's i dont want a refund i want my product.

But thanks for the reply

• In
    insoupgsx Apr 10, 2013

On 4/3/13 i placed a order on amazon.com On 4/4/13 i received a emailing stating my order was complete and my item was shipped On 4/5/13 I checked tracking to see to my surprise my item was shipped back to seller On 4/6/13 I called amazon to get more info on my my package was being rerouted and was told they did not know. On 4/7/13 I received a emailing from amazon saying that there was a error with the price of my order and it was being shipped back to Amazon. It is now 4/10 and Amazon.com has charged my card "Completed" the transaction took my offer to purchase Confirmed it and shipped my item to only take it back after a contract was made. During this process i was told many times i would get a phone call with a update and i was not contacted until days later. As of now i have no $ no item and amazon is trying to void a legal contract. No one will reply to any of my other email's and they are basically saying i cant do anything to bad. How long will we allow Giants to do as they please.

• St
    Steve Friederang Dec 28, 2012

I do know they treat many many small businesses like garbage. We will support any competitor we can and have stopped shopping on Amazon since, for no reason, Amazon wouldn't allow us to start selling on their site. They have automated from a position Hitler would have enjoyed -- the Nazi's of the internet. They remind you in an automated message that they don't have to even grace you with an explanation as to why they won't allow you to sell.

If price is the only thing important in business, no one with character would be in business. Amazon, much like WalMart are mostly sales agents for China. My company designgs and manufactures strictly in America. Look carefully though at what is destroying American companies -- a combination of higher prices due to higher labor and poor service in design (US cars for example) and a poor attitude toward the very people who pay for their products and services. The solution would be forthcoming in a truly free market where smart Americans would improve their products and services to win customers. But companies like Amazon and WalMart who favor mass market warehousing and sales of mass produced of products with very high markups over small businesses run here in the States make an American comeback very very difficult. Check Sleer Support on Google to see how many thousands of small business owners have been kicked off Amazon for no reason -- simply because they can. They hide behind a statement about bad service but many of those complaining never got a chance to sell and got caught in the purposeful or purposeless circle of non-returnable e-mails built into Amazon's core software and corporate structure.

anneisthebest Dec 22, 2012

Hi, had same problem...
    sent an email.
    got this link. I hope this helps :)

The Ogre Nov 27, 2012

If the price had gone up after you made the purchase would you have paid them the difference?

• Why The Long Faces Nov 27, 2012

Exactly right. No where on their site do they offer a courtesy price guarantee. And you should have shopped around before you bought. The frustration you feel should be aimed at yourself.

• Sc
    Scardome Nov 26, 2012

I purchased an item 2 weeks ago, 9 days later the price goes down so I contacted them to request an adjustment, they refused. The only recourse I had was to unwrap the Christmas presents, repackage them and return them for a refund. Then I could repurchase the exact items at the lower price, less the shipping cost of returning them of course. They would also take 2-3 weeks to process the refund, tying up my $640 during the Christmas season. I should have investigated before I purchased, nowhere on their site do they mention price guarantees, so I guess it is Caveat Emptor on me, but still a very frustrating situation.

Joe Bush Oct 24, 2012

This BAIT AND SWITCH by AMAZON.COM is ILLEGAL and is being reported on many, many websites by upset customers like yourself. Amazon will refund a customer who insists, but removes their complaint when posted stating that reviews must deal with the item, not the seller. Even though Amazon knows that their actions are ILLEGAL when advertising NEW merchandise, while selling USED, REFURBISHED or FACTORY SERVICED ITEMS. PLEASE CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, http://www.atg.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx. I have written the Attorney General and requested that an investigation into AMAZON's practices of reporting and correcting CONSUMER FRAUD/MISREPRESENTATION which AMAZON Customers report. PLEASE HELP CORRECT THIS FOR ALL CUSTOMERS BY REPORTING YOUR AMAZON COMPLAINT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL website listed above. Help keep the internet fair and honest for all consumers.

Joe Bush

• Za
    Zaminez Oct 03, 2012

I had purchased from them for the last 12 years and had no problem. However, I recently bought an electronic item and needed it returned. Amazon sided with the seller. The seller agreed to the return, e-mailed me that it received the item back and refused to refund money. Amazon knew this, had Post Office Delivery proof, and only sent protected e-mails to the seller. When this didn't work, Amazon refused to help me.

On my own I had to find out Sellers address and phone number and contact them. They claimed I wasn't in their system at all and never heard of the company that shipped it. I told them the 3 names the Corporation was registered as being under, the two addresses, and the Presidents' name. I told them I would be contacting the State Attorney's Office for fraud, US mail order fraud, and credit card fraud, etc. They hung up on me. The next day Amazon credited my charge. I will never use Amazon again. They still allow this company to sell on their site knowing they are frauds.

Help !!! Can't log in my seller account, amazon hold my $13k
    I've been selling on Amazon for half of a year.

Our seller account was suspended on Apr 30, 2017

I found out that I can't login my account on July 27, 2017. I contact amazon customer support that morning, and I was told "It appears my account are on hold pending further research. This could be due to incorrect or incomplete billing information" and Account Specialist will email me within 24 hours. "

Later, no email, so I contact customer support again, and was told to wait another 24 hours. I email to the address : [email protected] about several times, but no response.

I still have about $13k in my seller account and don't know how to get paid.

Seem like amazon wants to get me off and take away my $13k.

Dear Tshields
    did you got your payment eventually????
    if got, how did you get???
    Could you reply
    thanks!

thomas96 Aug 04, 2012

we also have the same problems.
    On July 27, 2017, suddenly, I couldn't log into my seller account anymore.

It seems like Amazon deleted my account without any warning or email me the reason why.

I called Amazon and got redirected to the selling department, they told me that there is a hold on my account and told me to email [email protected] I did on that day and up to now, I've got nothing back.
    I still have about $13k in my seller account and don't know how to get my payment. Seem like amazon wants to get me off and take away my money $13k.

• Me
    MERCIFULKING2000 Jul 08, 2012

Do not do business with Amazon.com. Once they have your credit card info they will debit your account anytime they want, then tell you afterward. It's the same as if they had come into my home and took money right out of my wallet just because they wanted it.
    Here's what happened: On May 18, 2017 I returned order [protected] to Amazon.com using the e-mail return information Amazon.com provided. I have a copy of the original e-mail, the UPS tracking information, and the UPS proof of delivery. Amazon.com tried to tell me I didn’t return the order and recharged my credit card account before checking their information. I sent them all the previous information and they credited me for the return again. Now they have reached into my credit card account again and debited my account again, insisting again I haven’t returned the order. I want this company fined for internet theft, bank fraud and every other criminal offense possible. They have no right to just reach into my bank account and take what they feel, because they’re too lazy or too stupid to do the little bit of record research it takes to verify the information, I provided them, from information, they gave me. An “OOPS MY BAD” isn’t going to cut it. This is corporate greed gone way wrong. It’s not the money, it’s the principle. What’s to stop these guys from abusing everyone for whatever they want? “OOPS MY BAD” is the same weak excuse Wall Street used. I want the company sanctioned or fined, and EVERYONE RESPONSABLE fired or jailed. This is an inexcusable abuse of the internet and the banking system.

• 1b
    1Bella Jun 26, 2012

Amazon.com is a big scam. Custoer service sucks and they have really a bad attitude towards sellers; they drop you and suspend your account without explanation- sending several emails to them does not help eighther- I will never recommend any seller to sell on their sight.

• 1b
    1Bella Jun 26, 2012

Same thing happened to me, after a month of selling with no policy violations of any kind
    they shut down my account with no explanation; so far they have not paid the money I earned by selling items and now almost two months I am still waiting to be paid.

• Ts
    Tshields Jun 11, 2012

I had a seller account with Amazon.com. Suddenly they decided to shut my seller account down with no explanation of why or how to remedy anything I may have done wrong. The worst part is that they kept my money which I earned by selling through my online account. They don't answer you they just keep sending you into their circle jerk. I would highly recommend to anyone that wants to sell products online to never use amazon to do so. You will be sorry if you do. We are still waiting for our explanation and our $2, 300. which we will probably never get from this legalized scam that sells counterfeit products under the amazon.com label.

Danfnet Jun 10, 2012

Hey Paul, The seller says talk to Amazon. I should have just lied and said both rats were missing, rather than what they expect me to do: print out return labels, get a refund to the sender, reorder the rats. How hard is it to send the missing rat?

Danfnet Jun 09, 2012

I have been a long term Amazon customer with many items purchased over the years with no problems. Just over a week ago I received a gift sent to me that included a single Love-Rat from the pair that is offered on Amazon. Expecting a quick and easy solution (i.e. them sending the missing toy rat) I first emailed and then called customer support when more information was requested. What I experienced on the phone today from Amazon really was a surprise to me - they kept demanding details of the sender I didn't know, and then said I would have to arrange to return the rat I received and then (maybe) the sender would receive a refund. There's no way I am going to go through the trouble and send my one rat back to these people, who knows what they have in store for it?

I can't believe a company is willing to lose a long-term customer by refusing to send the missing item and their attitude on the help line was some of the worst I have ever experienced. Amazon is quick and convenient until there's a problem - then they are snide, rude and accusatory. Do they really think I'm trying to scam them out of a $4 plastic rat? Unbelievable.

• Ra
    rayk Jan 31, 2012

I ordered an mp3 player on dec 29….attempted to contact the seller several days later but he was not available via his email. i tried three different times to unsuccessfully contact the seller. i informed amazon.com of the problems. they told me i could do nothing until 30 days after the ordered had been placed. even though i knew by now the seller was a thief. i waited until the 30th and filed a complaint to have my money refunded and i was told it may be refunded by feb 10…..it takes amazon.com 42 days to maybe refund my money for a product i do not have and will never have. this is plain bs on the part of amazon.

• Ca
    cazmierawise Dec 28, 2011

I am extremely disappointed with Amazons Seller Support and Customer service.

I sold an Lg G2X Nov 26 and received and email December 19th about Amazons A-Z Guarantee Claims that the buyer initiated because the phone is not what was stated. The buyer then began sending me emails saying how they unlock their phone because it worked be for they reached Honduras. After asking the person on exactly what questions the phone is asking them because it sound to me like they don’t know much about phones I just bought them a new unlock code out my own pocket and emailed it to them. The buyer thanked me and said the phone worked and that whole transition in emails went back and forth for 3 days because they didn’t know how to use the phone. Two days later they email me about the band width that’s noted in the phone and what they have in Honduras. I told them at that point what the band with for all networks should be politely then asked them to read the manual because it seemed like they really only had problems with their location and it was perfectly fine before they got their with their sim. Now it’s December 28th and I receive an email from Amazon saying that I am liable for the buyers refund and after emailing and calling them explaining the situation was resolved and that they should not receive a refund they said it was Amazons decision. The representative on the phone was no help for me because I am losing out on money; all they could tell me is that even though the buyer was able to get the phone working Amazon still decided with the buyer. I then asked about my phone, it was worth more then what they paid and I only sold it because I switched to Sprint, and Amazon told me they get to keep the refund and they phone and that made me so upset as the seller because what support am I getting I am losing out on new merchandise that I sold and this person had no real problem with it and still get to keep it. I think that is not only unfair but should be illegal. Amazon customer service should be more helpful to both parties, if they person really want a refund then they should assure me that I get my phone back that was newly packaged. To me that is theft and Amazon is promoting that in their A-Z guarantee service, I can see if it was a very used item but it was new and their customer service could only repeat that their decision is with the buyer. I will never use their service to sell my items again. They are very impersonal!

• Ra
    RaghaN Dec 15, 2011

Amazon.com sold me a Polar FT80 watch (paid $260) as new in Dec 2017. When I hooked it up to my computer to see my training progress, I could see dates from Beginning of 2017 (almost 3 years old). After 8 months, it stopped working. I know that these watches come with Polar 2 year warranty. I sent the watch to Polar USA for repairs and they said it is out of warranty. I told them that I bought it on amazon.com about 8 months ago. They said their records indicate that it as 3 year old used / refurbished (multiple times) before selling to me. There is no bigger ripoff than this, . I spent almost $75 to get it repaired. I have contacted amazon.com and they are saying they are investigating into this as to why this happened as if they are not aware of such lousy / cheap business tricks.
    I will never buy again from them. It is safe to pay a few bucks extra and get it from reliable local stores than to trust these mean and evil online traders who just care for their bonuses and wallstreet profits.

• Fr
    Francis Schauer Nov 13, 2011

Without any reason amazon blocked my seller account and never tell me the reason and they refused to reply me. They hold my money for 90 days which that is not legal I need My money back so I can pay my bills and credits.

ChrisTucstwo Sep 12, 2011

Lol. Ditto to above responses.

• Cw
    c wms Jul 19, 2011

I tried the prime promotional account to see what they were talking about, well after placing an order on two items and then submitting my payment, i received an email breaking down the transaction, they separated the two items then charged me two times for shipping, then when i called them at [protected] they tried to make me pay 79.00 for a year membership on a promotional account that i set up on july 15th 2017 which was suppose to end aug 15th 2017 before any charges apply i had to call my bank to put a block on amazon so they couldn't take money out of my bank account, the product they sent was not what i order they emailed me a said that a glitch caused the problem with the order ok one time i can understand but twice that's not a glitch Amazon is a joke and rip off scam, the 5000 employees i have at my company all had amazon cards but they do not now, i closed the account with them amazon

Mary's Marvels May 30, 2011

Amazon I'd s joke. I sold for over two years and had excellent customer metrics. I was then banned for being connected to a supposed blocked account through ip addresses when no one in my family or friends had ever had an amazon account. I emailed them multiple times all for them to send me computer generated responses. I sold for two years with over 250k in sales totals and 98% positive feedback. No a to z claims ever and no warnings. I took great care of my seller account and soon amazon will go out of business because they will run off all of their great sellers and their sellers are all that make them different from any other store like wal mart or target. Anyone who thinks they are above suspension is wrong. You absolutely can do NOTHING wrong and still get blocked. I also would love to participate in a class action lawsuit against them.

• Pi
    Piet May 03, 2011

I have been buying from Amazon since they first opened their bookstore.
    I've recently spent over $800 there, and have encountered numerous problems. Unhappily, this convenient place to shop has grown too large, and its third party affiliates brings crooks and dishonest dealers in to the picture.

I ordered a wound kit from them, and it never arrived. I called and was sent the item called by Amazon a "replacement". An e-mail was sent demanding that the first item be returned. How can I return an item I never received? Their only solution was to credit my credit card. I'm still waiting.

Second incident was one of their recent and common mistakes - the order has been doubled, and then you need to convince them to take it back, pay the return mail and other hassles.
    Other sites such as Yelp don't dare publish a bad word about them.
    Count me out. This is too much bother for a few dollars cheaper.

• Ro
    Robbie Dee Mar 12, 2011

Sorry, but this freind had to have a lot more damageing evidence of young girls than just some magazine of drawings from Amazon. Face it your freind needs to be in jail for haveing nude or partial nude pictures of young girls, which is very sick, on his computer and magizines. You make it sound as if it's Amazon's faulet, which I will also write that NO they should not be selling anything with young girls this way.I feel people who get turned on this way is very sick in the head!!!

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 10, 2011

The reason why amazon.com has you click through several confirmation pages is to prevent things like this.

• El
    Elizabeth= Mar 10, 2011

I ordered a voice recorder and 2 books from Amazon.com and I sent it to the wrong address, so I decided that the best way to fix it was to cancel the order and reorder it with the correct address (right after I ordered them). I was able to cancel the books but I could cancel the voice recorder order (MAYBE BECAUSE IT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY compared with the books). so I emailed the company that was selling the voice recorder ( Bellwetherbooks ). Beth was the lady that answered the email and she said that the could not do anything about it. So I paid for a voice recorder, that thanks to Amazon I could not cancel the order, that was shipped somewhere I dont know and that I NEVER got. I am a good customer and I habe bought few thousands on Amazons products and I decided not to buy anymore.. NEVER!!!

• Yl
    YLB Mar 01, 2011

Call your credit card company and explain everything and request a chargeback since Amazon screwed up your order and is screwing you with the return fees. That is unacceptable.

• St
    Steve Sanchez Mar 01, 2011

I have purchased numerous books via Amazon for a great many years, but this is the first time I have encountered their customer service, or should I say lack of customer service!

I pre-bought a hardcover book and when it came out they sent a softcover. I called and was told a hardcover would be sent immediately, once again I received a softcover, again I called and was told that I needed to repackage the books and drive to UPS to have them sent back to Amazon... and oh, they would not order me the hardcover book that I had purchased!

I told them no, they could send UPS to pick up the books since they would not even order me the book I paid for. Three weeks go by and I need to take my time and find out what gives as UPS has never come by. I find out they were never requested to come by...

So I spend my time again on the phone and this time finally get an email saying UPS will come by... and get this! Amazon will be deducting the cost of returning the books they sent by mistake from my refund!

And they would not do anything to compensate me for the inconvenience! Not a discount on a future purchase and not even an apology for the screwup!

Last time I shop at Amazon... do yourself a favor and avoid the aggravation take your business somewhere that it is actually appreciated!

Angela Ajise Jan 27, 2011

I bought two items on Amazon.om through third party vendors. I choose to use my american express points for payment. I had enough points to pay for my purchases, my transaction was accepted and order confirmed. Behind the scene, Amazon changed my payment method from amex points to am ex itself, I did not approve the change amazon made. Upon reviewing my am ex bill, i noticed the changes, called Amazon, they said i used third party vendor and am ex points not allowed with third party vendor. My complaint was forwarded and I was to be contacted in 24 hours, no call. Contacted Amazon again, they told me it's my problem not theirs and I should contact the third party vendor if they will accept am ex points. Amazon is deceiving their customers, this is bait and switch. I would not have purchased those items if I knew I could not use my am ex points. This is deceptive advertising, and also Amazon changed my payment method without my permission, it is wrong.

• Ry
    ryan hernandez Jan 04, 2011

Wow!! where do I start from. I placed order for 3 amazon kindle before christmas, was scheduled for delivery on dec 23 never recieved it. Reason order was cancelled. When I called up the Customer service I was baffled, they have the worst customer service I have ever come across.. they recently acquired zappos (a company and founder I have utmost respect for) and I hope they dont merge zappos customer service into themselves. I guess it is too big of a company to worry about a handful of customers.
    Anyway back to my point, my order was cancelled thats fine, but why was'nt I notified. when I asked them they simply said that I cancelled it or someone who has access to my account cancelled it . I had made a new account with them and only I had the password for it. I did'nt cancel it so who could it be. Lo and behold it was Amazon who never gave me a concrete reason why the order was cancelled. When I wanted to speak to a supervisor- they would not allow me to, when I asked them for their name-they would not give, when I asked them if any supervisor could contact me they said yes - I waited for two days and had to called them back.
    I was too frustrated with them so finally decided to choose the Nook of Barnes and Noble.
    There is no way people like us can challenge companies like amazon but I bet there will come a time when another upcoming company will challenge them and I hope they come to this board and see the things they were doing wrong...

• MillerTymeLLC Oct 26, 2010

I purchase a leaf blower from Amazon because I was told they have great customer service, in case of troubles. Iused this Husqarvna blower 5 times and stops after 5-7 minutes of use, then will NOT restart without starting spray. They stated item was purchased out of date and no help, other than greatly reduced $.

I will make future purchases from brick/beam stores that will stand behind what they sell. I did think highly of this business and even purchased stock for this company. I will be unloading my stock and doing no added business with them.

I hope this review helps anyone trying to make it thru this tuff world and purchase from any company that cares about you.

• We
    weakuplaw Oct 25, 2010

Amazon charged illigally (or rather stole) my $53.20 on September 17, the fisrt day of my credit card billing cycle for last month. Amazon was smart to do so because the victim I would only get a chance to know that my money has been stolen after one whole month when I receive my credit card bill.

I ordered items from Amazon in April and then in October. However, I didn't buy anything at Amazon.com from May to Septemter. It is wierd for Amazon to start charging/stealing money from me on Septerber 17, which is only special in that this day is the first day of my credit card billing cycle of for previous month! Some bad guys in Amazon intended/determined to steal.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Oct 08, 2010

"Why does it need to be so big?" It's a business; if they can create more profits they will.

I'm sorry you have had such a truly awful experience. I've been very lucky and have purchased almost all of my DVDs and books through them (but all in new condition). To be very honest, I could not afford to buy certain things if I didn't use them.