[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / car rental

Orlando Florida, United States

Hired a vehicle from Alamo in Orlando Florida. The car had a puncture which I was sure if it was slow or not and felt unsafe driving around on it and thought it to be inconvenient to continually pump it up so I phoned your breakdown department who told me to drive to al Alamo to switch it and said there were cars available there and then. Reluctantly I drove it not sure knowing if it was safe or not and had to drive on the interstate and ended up having to drive 40 minutes to an Alamo. Got there to be turned away as they didn't have any available and wouldn't do for another 4 hours at least. This was absolutely absurd as the lady on the phone told me there would be. Due to this we missed a breakfast we had arranged with our hotel for potential business in he future which meant we had to pay 120 dollars, we also cancelled driving to tampa late that day so missed an event we were supposed to go too that evening.
I'm not only disappointed that we were lied to and said there was a car available earlier and there wasn't, wasted a whole day on a holiday we have paid for but also not one person seemed concerned that we were driving back and forth on a tyre that pontentially could have been dangerous to drive on to us and other drivers.
I would like financial compensation as there is no way you can replace a day completely missed on our holiday.
My email is [protected]@gmail.com
My number is [protected], British number so +44 first.

Would appreciate a prompt response.

Chris Hinchey

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2018

Chris Hinchey,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,