Complaints & Reviews

charged twice

This is the worst company to use for car rental. I recently booked my reservation in Jan 2020 for June 2020. It was supposed to be for 3 weeks. Things change due to illness and I needed to change my reservation, and I have been struggling to change or cancel. There is no phone number to call and they keep emailing whenever they like. It has been my worst experience. They don't let you cancel the reservation and keep making excuses. They told me to book another reservation and then they will cancel the first one. Still they did not and now I am tied with two reservations. I have been charged twice. It is very frustrating.

rental car booking [protected] & [protected]

I live in the UK but I am a US citizen and home back to the US every 3-4 months. I usually use rentacars.com and have always thought they were good until I realized they are impossible to deal with live and refuse to fix their mistakes. This trip I was in Washington DC from 20-26 Dec then Denver 26 Dec - 1 Jan. The Thrifty rental car & experience in DC were great, but I changed my plans to fly to DC on 24th instead of 26 Dec. So my Thrifty rental [protected] was changed to an Alamo rental [protected]. Alamo claimed that because it was a rental made from overseas, I needed an international drivers license. I don't have one, I use my US drivers license to rent abroad and I've rented 6 times in the US from reservations I made in the UK and never had a problem. They refused to give me a car. So I never picked it up, I had to rent another car from Thrifty and pay the walk up rate. I tried calling carrentals.com SEVERAL times to get that rental refunded and was put on hold extensively. On one attempt I finally got hold of an untrained and RUDE woman named Lucia from Barcelona who told me I would only get refunded from the date of the phone call, not comprehending that I never picked the car up. She talked over me and said she couldn't get any supervisor to help because they were too busy. I asked for a call back, but I know she didn't pass my information to anyone and I've never been called back. I want a full refund for that rental plus a formal complaint lodged against Alamo.

car rental

I reserved a "Pay at the Counter" car and noticed I was charged at the day of the reservation. Carrentals said they don't know what the charge is about, refused to refund me, and told me to talk to the car supplier.

When I arrived to pick up the car, the supplier said they don't see the previous charge either and demanded I pay again for the car. I did, under the assumption it'll get sorted out later. Then the supplier provided me with a very low-end manual transmission car, while I ordered a high-end automatic car. I contacted Carrentals to resolve the issue but they did nothing and I ended up having to use that car during my whole vacation, which was a nightmare.

Before even picking up the car, I sensed something was wrong and asked Carrentals to double-check everything's ok with the reservation and that I will be receiving the exact car I ordered, and they confirmed I will. Apparently they didn't.

After my vacation, I contacted Carrentals numerous times and haven't been able to get a refund for my double charge nor for the fact I received an inferior, barely-driveable manual car. They simply don't care.

CarRental.com — I made reservations, due to flight cancellations, I was not refunded.

549197 I flew with Frontier Airline (my first mistake) from St. Louis, MO. to Santa Anna, CA. on 8/17/19. My early flight was canceled & it was pushed 3 hours, meaning I missed my...

car rental

Made reservation for two passenger van specifically Opel Vivaro since there were 14 of us and lots of luggages. Avis declined my hard copy of the reservation which clearly had the pic of Opel Vivaro and explained in two areas of the reservation "Opel Vivaro or similar" and offered us Opel Zefir which was much smaller 7 passenger suv. Since we could not fit in them with our luggages we insisted on Open Vivaro but they declined and said we need to contact carrental.com with our issue. Finally we were forced to pay additional 150 Euro per day to upgrade one of the cars to what it was supposed to be. Send email to carrental.com and they claim the reservation was for Smaller Opel Zefir and when I sent them the hard copy proof of my reservation for bigger Opel Vivaro there were no response. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE IN YOUR RESERVATION WITH CARRENTAL.COM OR YOU WILL PAY DEARLY AND CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. They are scammers who will tell you anything you like to hear but after the sale there is not even a phone number you can call them

• Updated by Masoud H · Aug 05, 2019

Still waiting someone to contact and make it right

allianz insurance

When I rented with Carrentals in ISRAEL (using Budget) they offered me an Allianz policy which I discovered excludes Israel and excludes non US residents. On both counts I'd be in trouble if I required to claim. Also on both counts Carrentals knowingly sell you the policy. Seems they automatically instal your residence as ‘Alaska' if you are a non US resident and ignore the fact you are renting in Israel. I noticed other consumers using this dud policy which is part of the deal!!! I cancelled mine and am waiting a refund.

car rental

Hertz dindn't advise to me that I shall have an international driver's license. In all European countries y have driven and rented cars is the only one that not accept my...

Date of the incident 7/7/2019
Booking #:J0772908338
Description: Under the above booking, a car was reserved by Car Rental.com with Dollar rent a car to pick up a Ford focus car for one day at 339 South End Avenue Manhattan New York. When I presented the Booking number, Dollar car rental told me they could not rent the car for quoted Total price/day of $146.89. There was no customer service # for car Rentals .com to contact also. I ended up renting the car at the rate of $161.54 and paid a total of $323.07 for 2 days
After coming back home I was unable to contact Car Rentals.com. because the customer service number provided on the Website for Car Rentals .com goes to American Arbitration Association for legal action.
Please find in the attachment receipts from both Rental car.com as well as Dollar car rental.
For no fault of mine I ended up paying $30 extra for the car rental.
The issue appears to be between Car rental.com and Dollar car rental.
Kindly resolve it and credit me $30.
This complaint has also been filed with:
New York City Department of Consumer affairs, 42 Broadway New York, NY 10004

customer service

Had the worst experience with Carrentals.com. These people are fraud and cheat their customers. I had made a reservation which I wasn't able to cancel due to their site being down (took a screenshot) as well. Couldn't get in touch with the customer support because of their hours. Finally they cancelled my reservation and charged $55 for cancellation. I explained their agent the issue I was facing and they promised they would not charge the cancellation fee, but I was still charged. This is complete cheating and scam, other rental booking companies honor what their customers say as well as keep their word. They just wanted to make money out of this transaction and they really don't care about customer relations or support.

scam

Vehicle wasn't ready at the reserved time. Bait & switch - I prepaid & was charged additionally. The place does not have 24 hour drop off for their "airport location" as claimed. I was charged an additional $20 for that. So all in all, charges $24 more than quoted & originally paid for. I waited 45 minutes for the vehicle & it still wasn't ready so I cancelled.

CarRental.com refused to refund the money. They told me that maybe if I had waited AN HOUR OR TWO for my reservation they could MAYBE refund it. Unacceptable.

scam

car rental

CarRental.com advertises that you can rent a car with a debit card. They also popped up strongly when I searched via Google for companies who accept debit cards. But after I paid with my debit card, they said the company I booked with does not accept credit cards. And I do not own a credit card.

CarRentals.com took the payment from my debit card knowing this company does not accept debit cards.

Because I do not have a credit card, the car rental company refused to fulfill my booking. They shredded the booking although I already paid for it.

CarRentals.com is refusing to refund the payment because the booking was "cancelled" ! But I did not cancel it, the car rental company did.

So, who is keeping the money for the service NOT rendered? Both CarRentals.com and U-Save car rentals seem to be working together to steal money in this devious way.

car rental

booked 12 passenger van actual car 5 passenger van!!!

BUYER BEWARE !!! You cannot trust reservations made of this site. I made reservations 2 months in advance for a 12 passenger van for a family trip. A few days later, I called the pickup location to ask if they could give us a 9 passenger van instead of a 12 passenger van. Imagine my shock when they told me that what I had booked through carrentals.com was a 5 passenger car (Mazda 5). I shared the screen capture and reservation email details with carrentals.com customer service that showed booking for a 12 passenger van.
I was told that they would check with provider and because this was their error, they would find me a new reservation and provide it at the same cost as my original booking.
I remember thinking WOW ! what good customer service!
But boy was I wrong!
When I called back to follow up I was told to wait as they needed to investigate further. The stories kept changing. Ultimately after a month of chasing I was told that they were unable to make a reservation for me nor give me a credit for the difference in current booking costs (because prices had increased in the month).

The final ultimate kick in the mouth was when their customer service team sent me an excerpt of their boilerplate T&C and basically said they weren't responsible for any mistakes and that I was on my own.

I shudder to think about the disaster I'd have walked into on the first day of my vacation if I had not discovered their screw-up by accident.

Stay away from their platform if you want to be confident about your car rental reservation.

They should change their name to amateurhour rentals.com

I am complaining about lack of communication

the other day i had made a reservation the other day for today april 25 . I go to the place and for one they gave me the wrong address!!!so i finally found the place & they told me they didn't have any cars for me so i try to get my money back and car rentals.com don't have a number and on the email they sent it say it's non refundable but i never got the car, this is so crazy i will NEVER order from this website again !!!

money paid upfront, rental car not provided and no refund given

Worst customer service experience, Booked rental car, Paid upfront, Car not provided.

Online Booking portal - Carrentals.com
Car rental company - Routes car rentals (Toronto Airport)

I booked my car rental 1 month in advance through carrentals.com and while booking I picked airport as the pickup location. Additionally, their search page showed shuttle service from the airport.

I landed at Toronto airport and there was supposed to be shuttle service at 11:00 PM. I called routes and they said we cannot pick you up. You have to come to the location and we guys are open till 11:30 only.

Now carrentals.com. claim please read terms and conditions as it says pick up is not available after 10:00 PM. Guys are you serious, why search page is showing shuttle service since I have already selected the pickup time as 11:00 PM ?? If there is no shuttle mark it and highlight on your website rather than having it somewhere in terms and condition and claim that you accepted while booking. Additionally Booking confirmation email said pickup as Toronto Airport. Screenshot attached for reference.

My friend came to pick me up and somehow we reached the location by 11:40 PM. Outside of their entry gate, it was mentioned timings as 11:30 PM only. I turned back and headed towards friends place for the night. They said we were open till 12:00 PM (Lights turned off, Operation hours board showed 11:30 PM as a closing hour, Website showing as 10:00 PM). Now if you are genius you have to guess people are still there inside the office. :)

Even I called to cross-check outside of the door at 11:45 no one picked up the call.

Next morning my friend took me again to their location and now things got messed up.

First, their staff seemed very rude while dealing. The lady sitting at the front desk said we don't have your booking and its expired. I had booked for 4 days starting 18th April 2019 at 11:00 PM till 22nd April. I paid all the money upfront while booking through carrentals.com. They refused to give the car keys on day 2 morning of my booking.

Thus I had to book another car this time through enterprise for the remaining two days of my travel.

Now Routes car rental along with Carrentals.com claiming that if you don't take the car within 1-2 hours your booking gets expired. Thus if you have some flight delay or baggage delay forget about getting the keys through these people.

I have never ever seen such an awful customer experience. Especially through an Expedia group company (Carrentals.com) They even did not help me in this case. Additionally, I don't have words to express it for Routes car rental as well.

My only query is, I was not offered the car, return my money back.

Lately, since they know that it's not a good experience they intentionally send the email for 1 booking and not for the other.

Amandeep, tell us about your experience with Enterprise
Why not received an email for experience with Routes ??

money paid upfront, rental car not provided and no refund given

terrible service!!! my reservation be cancelled and abnormal charge. I just ask for change rental location.

Two days ago I had a reservation in CarsRentals.com to rent a car. After I placed order and paid for it. Next second, I knew it's wrong location. I asked for can I change pick-up and return locations. Yesterday, I got a email told my reservation was be canceled. Why? I don't understand. I wrote back a email ask for give me a call. But I didn't get any message .
I don't know what's going on!!!
Also the email told it need to charge canceling fee. But I totally want to rent a car !!
Now I can't get car and have a unexpected charge. I don't know what can I say! It's a terrible experience.

reimbursement for a car rental I never got.

I am writing you because I need to know how to get my money back for a van we had rented at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Air Port for Friday January 4- January 7th, 2019. I did a pre-paid rental. After having a 5 hour flight delay ( Which I know is not your fault) I get to Advantage Car rental and find over 150 people in line to pick up their cars. The people working behind the counter tell us that there will be at least a 2 hour wait for cars because they don't have any cars to give us. Now, I am in Phoenix for a short weekend and I don't want to or feel that I should have to wait 2 hours for a rental car. So, I am reaching out to you because I feel that you owe me my money back. Please respond to my email and let me know how we are going to resolve this. And if you can't then I need to find out who I need to talk to about this situation.

My Confirmation number for this rental was LADP0C42EAAD

Heidi J Reece
[protected]@frontier.com

car rental

This company misrepresents the vehicle you will be receiving. They claim a Nissan Rogue is equivalent a Jeep Grand Charokee. We had to pay for an upgrade in order to get...

no service/ denied refund

On November 4th, I rented a car from this company and I went to pick it up. When I went to pick it up, I was told that they cannot rent me a car because I am local. I emailed...

car rental booking

This company arranged a rental through Hertz at a location which was closed at the time I was to pick up the car. After returning to the airport to try and transfer the booking to the Hertz desk at the there, I was told Hertz would not honor the booking because it was arranged through CarRentals.com. I had to pay for a new booking and CarRentals.com refused to refund my original charge. This company clearly is more concerned with a few dollars than keeping customers happy and loyal. I will never use CarRentals.com again and would advise anyone else considering this company to do the same.

Booking number H6613866790
Date of booking 05/09/2018
Date of rental 10/27/2018
CarRentals.com booked through Hertz

Desired resolution - Refund of booking fees

car rental

Booked a rental through CARRENTALS.COM for a vehicle in Miami, Fla. My complaint isn't with CARRENTALS.COM but rather the vendor, U-SAVE CAR & TRUCK RENTAL. Still haven't received...

complane dept

We rental car in Phoenix for 1 month no pick up at the airport rented from Alemo they sent us to Enterprise we had to get a taxi we paid The car whas very dirty urenated at all...

I feel like I have been scammed

I don't really need a resolution as they have closed my case. Just want to warn others.

This website lures you in with cheap prices. Once you confirm, they "suggest" you take out their full coverage insurance, because you can't trust those sneaky car rental companies. Then instructions follow on how you shouldn't back down and give in when the car rental company tries to sell you their insurance.

Once you get to your car rental company of choice you are offered upgrade after upgrade. The car company will try to hold out as long as possible until you choose an upgrade. Practised excuses such as "car isn't ready...", "you parents would be able to get in and out of this one easier..." and "...but the mercedes is only another 100 pounds a day!" flow free and easy. Finally, you get fed up and settle for one of the damn upgrades just because its been half an hour of haggling.

After being verbally beaten into submission, you are then told that the full insurance coverage you bought isn't valid and they cannot give you a car until you purchase their insurance. Its OK though, its only another 17 pounds a day and you are told to write to carRentals.com and they will refund your insurance. You don't buy the insurance, you can't have the car. Your choices are clear at this point. Take it or leave it even though carRentals.com have already taken the money off your credit card.

It's still OK though, I will make a formal complaint to carRentals.com, they will sort it out. Nope, they didnt. Instead, after making me wait 4 days, they wrote me an email from a "no-reply" email address (because they don't check that account very much was written in bold even before the email started), saying that because I signed the rental agreement there is nothing they can do. I guess that includes not refunding the double insurance I was made to buy from their end.

What should have been a 200 pound car hire, turned into a 480 pound one. Alarm bells should have sounded when they started charging my credit car from australia, and the UK, and also the US.

I suggest going straight to the car rental company from now on instead of going through these third party websites. Makes things a lot easier in dealing with claims like this. Also, avoid Europcar, they are the other half of this con.

I got over charged

Hi :
I booked my trip through car rental, confirmation NO. LEZ00206F7. It should only charge me USD 134.69 but they charge me CAD 261.53 which is usd 202.51 . I did pay my car insurance separately in Usd 54 ahead which got charge already and they do know about it . Please fix it for me and I will send the attachments for the receipt .
My Email [protected]@yahoo.com, phone number [protected]
Yimin hu

I got over charged

car rental

Entered in my search dates and carrentals.com inexplicably changed the dates on us when they pulled up cars to reserved. Reserved a car and didn't realize that they had changed the dates until we saw the confirmation email. Tried to fix THEIR error immediately and of course they refuse to help. We're disputing the charge with the credit card company.

insurance overcharge

I booked a vehicle online from CarRentals.com to pick it up in Munich Airport on July 5, 2018.
I went through the simple booking process, and secured the booking by the Chase Ink Business card to use a Travel Benefit from my Chase Ink business credit card for the collision insurance coverage.
It was no mentioning or warnings that Chase Card insurance coverage will not be accepted by CarRentals.com. No specific insurance requirements have been mentioned.
At the time of the booking the amount due was quoted as $368, and that was the reason I choose this agency.
When I came to pick up my rental car to Munich, the agent did not want to accept Chase Card insurance coverage, referring to the fine print in the company's Terms and Conditions, forcing me to purchase the additional insurance according to the CarRentals.com regulations and requirements.
As a result, my amount due jumped to $814 which is 122% higher than original quote. The agent hasn't been giving me a choice: either purchase the insurance that I didn't need, or no car would be released to me. This was a classical rip-off case when the business traps its customer, not mentioning any additional pending charges at the time of booking, not providing any quotes for it, and leaving no choice when you came to pick up the car in the beginning of your trip.
I tried to call the Customer Service of CarRentals.com, but there was no help from there.
I understand that the CarRentals.com is a third-party agency and is a subject to the certain rules and regulations.
But it also has obligations to clearly inform the customers beforehand in what kind an agreement they are engaging.
The business model of CarRentals.com as well as its web site is designed to mislead customers by quoting them the reasonably low rental prices and hiding the biggest part of the pending expense behind the fine print of the Terms and Conditions.
The practice of declining the Collision Waver benefits from the Chase Business credit card by CarRentals.com is quite unusual for any car rental company in US.
I never heard about it renting cars for the last 30+ years in US and abroad.
The request to the customer to provide the written proof issued by the credit card's insurance company prior the renting is even more strange. Never-the-less, CarRental.com, as a business, has rights to implement these requirements.
BUT IT SHOULD MAKE ITS CUSTOMERS AWARE about these unusual requirements. From the moment the credit card is being submitted to secure the booking customer should be aware the he/she will be liable for the substantial additional insurance cost.
The quote of this insurance HAS TO BE GIVEN PRIOR THE CHECKING OUT, it has to be stated in bold letters over the quotation given, not when the unsuspecting customer comes to pick up the car. Especially when the cost of the insurance exceeds the rent quotation by 122%.
None of this information has been given or explained to me: no insurance requirements, no quotation.
CarRentals.com should provide its customers with information, not to hide it, setting people up in a state of the shocking surprise when it is time to pick up the car, and too late to shop around for another rental agency. The warnings should be given on each step of the booking. Without these warnings this business model is a mousetrap which has no right to run under the jurisdiction of the Department of Consumer Affairs.

worst business ever. don't go near

made reservation online which was fine. the place they sub-contracted called me 5 minutes before the scheduled pickup time to tell me they didn't have the car for me and doing nothing for me. not to mention i had almost an hour drive to get there. somehow i found carrentals.com phone number and spoke with a human but only to be told they couldn't and wouldn't do a lick to fix their fault. and oh, they were supposed to, and promised me, reimburse $36 i pre-paid for the collision coverage, but i haven't seen it after a month. what a joke these people are.

car rental in dublin ireland

We made the reservation for a 9pax van with CarRentals.com months before our travel dates. When we arrived we were told the van wasn't available in Ireland, and were given a much smaller vehicle 7pax with no discount, further we were required to add insurance even tho we have insurance thru our credit card and home policy. the insurance was nearly twice what the car cost. after adding a GPS (which didn't work) the car rental was nearly 2k euro, way more than the original 600euro originally quoted. Then we found out that SIXT had the exact van we reserved available next door. No option to go from Europcar to Sixt was offered. Our vacation was compromised by forcing us to pay alot more for a car too small for our group. The CarRentals.com website said nothing about the van not being available nor did they quote we were required to purchase the overpriced insurance. A big SCAM... We are notifying everyone we can of this company's poor business practices.

lies that they have lowest fares

Carrentals.com is an absolute scam. They are liars, cheats and thieves. They purport to offer the lower rates available, especially if you prepay. However, if you prepay, they...

never use these crooks again

Reserved Van for Ireland but was a Very Bad Deal. We paid almost triple the original quoted cost after insurance (was demanded by them) and a few other required charges were added. They did not have the car we ordered and substituted a smaller vehicle but would not adjust the price. The overpriced insurance was required. Nobody to discuss issues with.
Will NEVER use them again. Invoice 1226128

they are not car rental company - they want to rip off consumer!

I book a car on the Web for China Hoi Hau International airport. They falsely advertise they have facility on site the airport. Waited and they sent a distributor pick you up in an unknown car to an unknown place. They did not provide the rental car according to terms and condition. Promise to refund while I was on site and refuse to refund with tons of excuses.

car hire booking quotation and associated prepaid insurance

Client: John Bewers Nature of Booking made through CarRentals.com Reservation Code LFX019D603 Car Reservation 12 May 2018 - 18 May 2018 Dublin Airport (Pick-Up and Drop-Off) Car...

carrentals.com prepaid reservations

What is the difference between a prepaid reservation and a non-prepaid? That is something carrentals.com is illegally exploiting by canceling customers' prepaid reservations, not...

car rental - mexico

Was charged a very low daily rate for a car in Mexico and when I arrived to pickup my car I was refused the rental without paying 4x as much at the pickup. I was left without a car and NO REFUND. They bait you with low car rental price then charge you an excessive intl car insurance fee at pickup at which you have not choice to pay or lose your deposit because of the no refund policy. This should be illegal. The car rental company was Economy and the reservation was done through carrentals.com.

cancelling a reservation within 24 hrs and being charged $50 for the cancellation

I book a car for 2 days through kayak and was directed to carrental.com which is where I made the reservation from. On the website, it was clearly mentioned that cancellation is free. I checked the terms and conditions and it said that if I cancel 2 days before the date of reservation, there is no charge for cancellation. I paid for my reservation as I was sure I was going to make the trip. After completing the reservation, I noticed that the dates somehow got changed and were not for the days I needed the car. I immediately tried to contact the rental website and the car company, which was AAdvantage in this case. They could pull up my reservation but said they could neither modify or cancel the reservation as I had gone through carrental.com They gave me a number to call the next day. Upon calling the number the next day, I was told that there will be a $50 charge for cancellation and the way to avoid the charge is by booking and paying for another reservation spending the same or more money and giving the agent the confirmation number. Upon seeing the confirmation number, he said he will be able to return my previous payment.

I cannot imagine how these guys are doing business in USA. Total scam artists and fleecing people through kayak.com There has to be law against this kind of behavior. If you are fortunate enough to read this before you book a car with carrentals.com, I would recommend that stay away. Book directly from the rental agency but not through carrental.com

hertz

I hired a car through your website on 30 March. Resv. # [protected]. This was using Hertz at Heathrow.

Firstly they would t accept that my daughter was named driver and I was paying. So got hit by a second driver amount. I have a hip problem and was not comfortable driving distances. The service was awful!!

We were allocated an Eco Ford Focus. After one hour of driving the car just stopped. All lights flashing. We had to call the AA (pouring with rain) who examined the car and determined it had a flat or dead battery! The car had to be jumpstarted and we had to drive with him to a place where he could check the car fully. He determined the eco engine feature was draining the battery and suggested we turn it off and call Hertz.

I called Hertz Heathrow and they said we would get a replacement car and they call back. This did not happen. I called every number I could find and keft messages on answer ohones. I even called their Head Office.

Nothing.

The car plate number is BD67GGK
I have a complaint number [protected]. But have not heard a thing.

This is so unprofessional.

As I rented through your company, am hoping you can do something for me.

At least an apology!!! Preferably something more tangible, I shall be travelling again to the UK with my Husband in 6 weeks.

Your quote was £119.74 with insurance. I ended up paying £264:92. Quite a difference for a dodgy car.

Thankyou. Gillian Dalgas Wright

CarRental.comcustomer service customer care

The company will take your money, but when it comes down to making a change do to flight status delays ect the company is non reachable. There is no direct number, or website easy to access for such changes only to cancel. Customer support does not get back to you. An attempt to contact the third party car company they shipped me off too just referred me back to car rentals.com. When I asked for a phone # from Fox cars for car rental.com Fox told me that Carrental.com doesn't have a phone. How do you do business with someone that doesn't have a phone?

car rental at orlando airport with priceless car rental

when I got to the counter to get my rental car, the gentleman told me that I needed to purchase insurance thru him for 35.00 a day. at that time I canceled the reservation and got a car at another car rental.

I noticed on my credit card statement that I was still charged the price.

when I called priceless they told me that I need to contact CarRentals.com

my confirmation # is DRV5325730

my name is Todd Boyce and my phone number is [protected] my email is [protected]@hotmail.com

• Updated by Todd Boyce · Mar 14, 2018

please credit my credit card back

drv5322896

My booking DRV5322896 CARRENTALS.COM --- Their invoice say as following (DATED 21st feb 2018, at LOS ANGELES)

Reservation Details
Toyota 4 (or equivalent Suv & Crossover)
Unlimited mileage
Air Conditioning
Manual

On pickup they want another 100 $ as i booked online or take limited mileage. The rental place refused to rent me the vehicle.

I am FORCED TO Cancell my booking. They say you are local. I travelled from to usa & reache LA on 7th Feb 2018 and my local address is central California. They replied to my email and & they refuse to refund my 142.11$.

harpreet dhesi
[protected]

poor service on a car rental

Hi,

when I arrived at the Fox counter to pick up this car they noticed, to my surprise, that my drivers license was going to expire on Feb 8th and they did not want to rent the car to me. I asked them to shorten the time and have the contract end on the 8th but they would not do that for me as I had booked through you.
What they ended up doing is cancelling this deal and renting to me for a much higher price.
I tried my best to keep the original price and deal but they would have none of it.
So please refund my money
thanks Martin
Your Fox Confirmation Code
LFXP0751D9

refund I did not receive

I reserved a car through carrental.com.upon arriving at the location the rental place refused to rent me the vehicle since I was a local resident. I recived a email saying this is a one time courtesy efforts refund my funds.. that was November 21. And it states within the email 5-10 business days. It's now February 13 and have not received nothing.
ref:_00D61Z8h3._50061FzN2A:ref