Alamo Rent A Car Logo

Alamo Rent A Car

Having problems with Alamo Rent A Car?

Alamo Rent A Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2006. The latest review Rental Car was posted on Apr 6, 2021. The latest complaint Rental car given with cracked windshield was resolved on Feb 27, 2021. Alamo Rent A Car has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 318 reviews. Alamo Rent A Car has resolved 234 complaints.

Alamo Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 354 6962 (Reservations)
+1 844 357 5138 (Customer Service)
+1 855 533 1197 (Alamo Insiders)
+1 800 651 1223 (Customers with Disabilities)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Minnesota

Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews

Alamo Rent A CarRental Car

I picked up my rental at Sac Airport on 01/04/2021. I received a car that smelled like smoke. Went back in, told them it smells like smoke, they gave me another car and it smelled like smoke too. There were also significant scratches on the car, and no one walked around the car with me. I had to call someone over to walk me around the car and Mark all the scratches that were on the car. After driving an hour, I called the hotline 3 times, explaining about the smoke and asking for a resolution. The 3rd person told me that they will bring a car and switch it out in Redding. Later that night I get a call from the manager at Sac Alamo that they can't bring a car, but that I should go next morning to enterprise Redding at 7:30am and get it switched out. I went and they didn't have a car for me. Another manager at Sac Alamo called me later that day stating that she spoke to someone at Redding enterprise and that I can go the next morning to switch it out. I went the next morning and they again didn't have a car for me. Then I called a few times to Sac Alamo and left a few messages. I never got a call back and was stuck with a car smelling like smoke for 6 days. If they gave me a non smoking car in the beginning like I had asked, I would have never had to write this message to you. I called again after I dropped the car off 06/04/2021, left a message and no call back. I am a easy going person. I was understanding and were patiently waiting for them to help me, but I never got any resolve from anyone and had to drive a car smelling like smoke for my entire trip. I would love if someone can contact me about this matter.

Kind Regards,

Pieter Scholtz
[protected]@gmail.com

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Apr 08, 2021

PIETER, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations and assure you it's not our intention to inconvenience a valued customer. We would be happy to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, exact rental office location, your reservation or rental agreement number, and more details of your rental. Thank you. – Carol H.

Mar 22, 2021

Alamo Rent A Car — Received lower priced car than what I paid for/ terrible customer service

ra#[protected] ref#[protected] rental from Reno airport 2/27 -3/6/21 I reserved a vehicle online. When making my...

Feb 27, 2021

Alamo Rent A Car — Rental car given with cracked windshield

Rental agreement # [protected] Res# [protected] Date: Dec19 2020 Montrose Regional I have been trying to talk...

Alamo Rent A CarRental Car

Rented a car off Alamo thru the Priceline app. i was charged 100.38$ for the estimated cost. Then i dropped my rental off and got my receipt for 293$. When i looked at my account Alamo had charged 193$. I realized this and immediately called Priceline and they escalated the issue to Alamo for a refund. I talked to Alamo at the location I picked the car up and the location I dropped it off too. They said they seen then extra charge on their end and would call back. Never did. The next day i see i was charged for the 293$ again!!! Im severely frustrated and unhappy with the transparency of their charges and business. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Mar 02, 2021

Emani F. Hollingsworth, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would be happy to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and more details of your rental. Thanks. –Carol H.

Alamo Rent A CarDowngrading the car after damage the first one without refund, high bill for damage

Date of incident 05/12/2020
      Confirmation number of original reservation: [protected]
      Claim number for damage: [protected]
      I rented a premium elite SUV from Alamo for 03/12-10/12/2020. In our second day while the car was parked in the parking lot someone hit the car and I saw it after I came out of the event I attended. I immediately called the company and my insurance company (I have full coverage which also covers rentals). I was told to go to nearest alamo location and return the car and I was going to get a replacement car. I handed over the car, but I received a midsize suv instead. I assumed they will refund me the difference. Nothing happened in two months.
      Additionally, I received a bill from Alamo saying that I am responsible around $1200 dollars of the original $4200(roughly) bill although my deductible is only $500 deductible. I asked for a breakdown but I was notified by this at 5 pm on a friday and they ask me to pay for it in 10 days.

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Feb 16, 2021

Ahmet A., I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and all the details of your experience. Thanks. –Carol H.

Alamo Rent A CarRental Car

I rented a Nissan Murano from the Austin Bergstrom International Airport Alamo location December 31st, 2020. The Alamo booth in the garage was not illuminated, so I went to the Enterprise booth. The man there said to take any of 3 SUVs. I inspected the three vehicles, noted minor paint scratches consistent with normal wear and tear, and left. I told the attendant about what I saw, but he said that there would be "no problem". I drove home, parked the car overnight in the driveway, then I drove without incident to Raliegh-Durham International Airport over two days and dropped off the car 1/2/21. The Alamo attendant at RDU Airport questioned me about a scratch on the back right quarter panel, to which I explained the damage was unchanged since I picked up the car. Several days later I received a voicemail from Alamo Recovery Unit regarding the damage. When I returned the call, the agent responsible for the claim was not available, so I left my contact information and explained I had a photo of the scratch showing the damage in question. A week later I received a letter stating the damage was under investigation. Then I received a letter detailing the damage to the vehicle included scratches all over the car! Not only is Alamo falsely claiming I scratched the paint on the right quarter panel, but that I created damage all over the vehicle. I fiercely deny all such claims and am astounded to be treated so poorly. I am going to request the driver logs for the car. Last, the dote of loss is listed as 12/31, but I picked up the car at near midnight on 12/31...Claim #: [protected]

Rental Car

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Jan 26, 2021

C
            cbryera93, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. All damage claims are handled solely by our Damage Recovery Unit. The damage recovery team are the sole administrators and ultimate authority regarding damage related refunds and concerns. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you! – Carol H.

Alamo Rent A CarCleanliness of car

Picked my car up on 1/19 from Key West, FL. Car had dent ion the side that I took pictures of as there was no one to show it up. As we drove off I noticed that the windshield was filthy with bug splatters meaning it hadn't been cleaned. When I got to my condo, I noticed that underneath the seats there were two empty drink containers and several candy wrappers. This car obviously had not been cleaned from the previous driver. Floor mats had obvious sand in them. I'm extremely unhappy. With COVID-19 at an all-time high, this type of service is inexcusable.

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Jan 25, 2021

Marcia C., Clean vehicles have always been important to us and we know customer confidence in vehicle cleanliness is even more critical now than ever and I apologize that our service did not meet expectations. I have noted your rental contract with the details of your review here and encourage you to bring this id number [protected] to the attention of our rental office at your earliest convenience so they can address this with you directly. Thank you for choosing Alamo! - Carol H.

Dec 28, 2020

Alamo Rent A Car — Car with bald tires - confirmation #[protected]

We rented a jeep wrangler for a xmas weekend trip to a cabin in west jefferson, nc from dec 23rd-dec 27th...

Dec 03, 2020

Alamo Rent A Car — Lack of roadside service

I rented a car (RA# [protected]) for one week (Nov 23-30) from the Hebron, KY location. On the 5th day, a tire...

Alamo Rent A CarDamage recovery unit

I am trying to settle a claim with Damage Recovery Unit promptly after returning a vehicle with damage from Alamo at SFO. They refuse to answer their phone, [protected], I have spent too much time on hold. I am ready to pay but need to talk with someone to remove a charge off the claim. I rent 6-8 times per year and have had good service from Alamo. Too bad Damage Recovery Unit will not return my calls or e-mails. I can be reached at [protected], Karl Lizza, claim #[protected]. Please call.

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Dec 03, 2020

Karl Lizza, thank you for your feedback. All damage claims are handled by our Damage Recovery Unit. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you! – Carol H

Alamo Rent A CarCar rental

I reserved a premium SUV rental at fort Lauderdale airport through a third party company on 11/12/2020 Reservation number 162075978count. which i also pre-paid prior to arriving at the airport with my credit card. When i arrived I was advised that because i live locally i can not have a premium vehicle. The associate that claims she was the manager then proceeded to ask if i had insurance, what's the policy number and where am i going. Another associate advised the lady that was "assisting" me to just give it to me and she refused. After going back and forth the lady then said now I can't have anything. I have no rental and they have my money. I have never had an issue getting a rental and being asked where am I going. This is totally unacceptable and I will be escalating this matter as far as possible. All i want is the rental class i paid for.

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Nov 20, 2020

mzA hill, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations and we would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you soon! - Carol H.

Alamo Rent A CarStole my drivers id

The lady at the counter took my drivers license and said she didn't. That left me without a way to rent the car. Why? Please call me at [protected]. I rented the car though Allegiant air. This left me stranded at the Sanford Florida airport at 9:30 pm. I just can't understand why she would do such a thing. My confirmation number is 9SGYNZ. Thank you. Vincent Riggio

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Sep 28, 2020

Vincent Riggio, we're sorry to hear our service did not meet your expectations. The above referenced confirmation number is not an Alamo confirmation. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us. Thank you! - Carol H.

• Updated by Vincent Riggio · Sep 28, 2020

I spoke with someone this morning. The ref # [protected] thru Aloma Rental car company. My online check in confirmation # [protected]. This took place at Sanford FL airport around 9:35 pm. This really put me in a terrible position. Who would I call at that time to help me ? The taxi at the airport wanted 150.00 to drive me 1.5 hours to The Villages In Leesburg, FL. I did get in touch with a friend. He got up, got dressed and came to the airport to drive me to The Villages. We arrived at 1:35 am. Further more. My wife now had to drive from Hendersonville NC, 9 hours, just to drive me home. I now had no ID TO BOARD MY RETURN FLIGHT. All in all, my wife lost 3 days of work. Paid for Gas to and from Fla. And left me with no car that I PAID FOR !! Why would she do this to a customer ? Once I got back home I had to pay 14.00 for a duplicate drivers ID. It can take up to 20 days to replace. How am I going to drive anywhere now. Warmest Regards, Vincent Riggio. [protected].

Comments

Alamo Rent A CarCar hire

Was pressured to take out extra insurance cdw at denver airport upon arrival in february 2020. Even though I had these insurance elements already sorted via other much cheaper policies. I wish hire car companies would really stop doing this to people, it is well known how expensive cdw waiver insurance is if purchased at hire care desk. Quite pushy & aggressive staff

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Aug 24, 2020

MonkeyM, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and all the details of your experience. Thanks. –Carol H.

Alamo Rent A CarPayment problem

I was told that when I returned the car at the Sarasota airport. I can pay it with my debit instead of the credit card they needed on record for the rental. When I returned the car t to the guy in the parking lot. I told him that wanted to pay my bill on my debit card instead of my credit card. He said I would have to go inside to counter and that he would let them know. I waited for about 30 minutes to find out the guy outside closed the account outside. Meaning he charged it to my credit card already. Which cancels all records of it on the computer. I never use my credit card cause went I do my credit drops and I'm looking to refinance my home. Otherwise the guy outside was had a attitude, the car pulled to the right when taking off and on the dash it said it was do for and oil change. I will never rent from them again.

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Jul 08, 2020

Lorin Lappino, this team is happy to take a closer look at your rental in order to help and provide some help and answers for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact telephone number, email address, exact rental office location, and your reservation and rental agreement number. Thank you! – Carol H.

Alamo Rent A CarAlamo damage recovery unit

Received a letter from Alamo Damage Recovery unit saying I owe for damages done to a rental car. First, I never rented from Alamo. The date they stated is the date I picked up the car in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. But did not rent it from Alamo. I have tried contacting this department a number of times and was on hold the entire time till it finally disconnects you. I called customer service for Alamo and they tried transferring me to that department but the same thing happened, on hold till I was disconnected. I tried emailing them with no response back. Their claim number: [protected]. Date of loss: 06/11/2020. Vehicle: 2019-ROGU-NISN. Rental agreement: [protected].

This is all bogus. Never rented from Alamo nor returned a car, ever, with any damage to any place I have rented. Is there anyone that can help resolve this. Alamo Damage Recovery Unit will not except calls.

• Alamo Rent A Car's response · Jun 30, 2020

AZ Drive Thru Storage, we assure you it's never our intention to inconvenience a valued customer. The damage recovery team are the sole administrators and ultimate authority regarding damage related concerns. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] They will be happy to look at this for you. Thank you! – Carol H.

Jun 20, 2020

Alamo Rent A Car — Refusal to rent a car without a valid reason

Date: June 20, 2020 at 9:30am Booking reference number: [protected] Description: Alamo Rent a Car refused to...

Jan 31, 2020

Alamo Rent A Car — Denied luxury car rental

On December 20th 2019, I arrived at the "Alamo Rent a Car" Miami International Airport location, to...

Jan 21, 2020

Enterprise Holdings/Alamo — Fraudulent car rental damage claim

The resolution I want is a genuine "Loss Damage Report" with photos and employee/body shop witne...

Jan 09, 2020

Alamo Rental Company — vehicle malfunction

Attached to this mail I am attaching my formal complaint about the mal function of the vehicle rented from...

Jan 07, 2020

Alamo and Enterprise Car Rental — false damage claim by rental company

When you hear of customer's complaints about scams of false damage claims by rental car companies, you must...