Economy Car Rentals Logo

Economy Car Rentals

Having problems with Economy Car Rentals?

Economy Car Rentals Customer Service Contacts

+41 215 880 015 (Head Office)
Poststrasse 24
Zug
Switzerland - 6300
Please note that the Economy Car Rentals company is not affiliated with Economy Rent A Car, LLC
Before filing a complaint, please make sure your order has been placed through EconomyCarRentals.com.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Economy Car Rentals Customer Service. Initial Economy Car Rentals complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Economy Car Rentals above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Economy Car Rentals. Discuss the issues you have had with Economy Car Rentals and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Feb 07, 2020

Economy Car Rentals — online rental for a car in cancun mexico

On Jan. 10, 2020 I ordered a rental car from Feb.5, 2020 to Mar 4 2020 through Economy Car Rentals to be...

Economy Car Rentalsnot able to deliver order

I have used Economy Car Rentals multiple times, however with the last reservations I have start seeing a lower quality service. I had to book another car and paid a hold twice. Once back home, I asked the customer service for a refund and it seems they are unwilling to assist. It feels like I have to beg them for the refund. It is a shame, be aware of a customer service with no intention to provide proper service.

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Feb 17, 2020

Dear Mr Sergino C,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

We are very sorry that your experience with us was not good. On behalf of EconomyCarRentals, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Of course, we have refunded the down payment of your reservation as this should have been done in advance by our customer service agent. The amount of € 27, 76 will be available for use again in the credit card used online the following working days, depending on your card issuer.

Furthermore, we would like to inform you that we are in the car rental market for more than 10 years and we are proud to be a customer-oriented company. We regret that your case was not handled as per our customer service standards and our colleague was informed on how she should have handled your case.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to fulfill your car rental needs in an efficient, professional manner you expect and deserve.

Jan 08, 2020

Economy Car Rentals — missing deposit / overcharge

I booked a car from Economy Car Rentals (ECR) Voucher ECB6B32C for my wife to pick up her carth on 7th...

Economy Car Rentals100 euros damage not covered

We hired a car in Johannesburg to Cape Town last month through Economy Car Rentals and we want to advice other clients that the Total Package Insurance they offered didn't cover even little scratch. The total cost of the damage was a half we paid for renting a car 15 days so... DON'T USE THEIR WEBSITE TO BOOK YOUR CAR. Go directly to Car Provider because it's safer!!!

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Nov 25, 2019

Dear Cesc5,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

Could you please inform us about your voucher number to investigate this case?

Thank you in advance.

Economy Car Rentalscar rental

I have booked a car for the 20.09.2019 to 23.09.2019 on the name of Annes Ul Hassnain
      Sherazi Syed Kazim . The company did not have the car and they cancelledmy order which has caused us a lot of trouble and time waste I demand a refund and to tell you the experience was horrible reservation number is EC98BEBO

It was so difficult for us to find another car and spend a lo of time going to so many place and end up paying 600 euro as my meeting was so important and i needed a car

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Sep 26, 2019

Dear Annes Ul Hassnain Sherazi Syed Kazim,

Thank you for taking time to send us your comments.

Checking our system we cannot find any comments as to why the vehicle was not provided by the car rental company.

Could you please specify the reason as to why the vehicle was not provided.

Also, we cannot find any comments for this rental, did you speak with a representative form economycarrentals.com?

Thank you for your kind response.

Georgia

Economy Car Rentalsrenting a car in dortmund

Hello, my name is Pintea Adrian Cezar and i would like to make a complain.

Two days ago i've made a reservation on your site. You send me a confirmation email. It was a car from SIXT - Dortmund airport. ( premium car )

The guy from SIXT told me that he will not rent me that car because my Platinum Credit Card it's not ok.

I will attached the card. If it's possible i would like to give me back the amount that you took from me.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice evening

renting a car in dortmund

• Updated by Mircea82 · Sep 23, 2019

ECAACE88

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Sep 22, 2019

Dear Pintea Adrian Cezar,

Thank you for taking time to write us your comments.

Could you please advise your voucher number from EconomyCarRentals.com in order to check further this issue raised?

Thank you for your kind response.

Sep 13, 2019

Economy Car Rentals — unauthorized credit card charges

I booked the car rental with www.economycarrentals.com from 14 August to 18 August 2019. The voucher...

Economy Car Rentalsdeposit has not been refunded

Economy Car Rentals Voucher ECCC84DB

On the 8th August 2019 I rented a vehicle from their agent in Guarda Portugal. The vehicle was returned 5 days later and I am still waiting for a refund of my Euro300, 00 deposit. I am travelling around Europe and the Euro300, 00 is part of my living expenses for my trip. I am currently in Italy. I need assistance in getting this resolved urgently. No response from the company.

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Sep 30, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments.

The car rental company that served your rental informed us that the authorization was cancelled by the end of your rental.

You should be able to see this amount by now.

Thank you.

Economy Car Rentalssistema gps fatturato due volte

buongiorno, vi contatto in quanto sono profondamente deluso da Fox Rent A Car e non riesco a capire come una società come la vostra non intervenga e lasci fare delle pratiche illecite alla Fox (purtroppo ho letto solo in seguito tutte le lamentele che riguardano la Fox). Ho fatto il contratto con voi scegliendo un veicolo Jeep Grand Cherokee con full assicurazioni e completo di sistema GPS. All'arrivo all'agenzia di Las Vegas siamo stati accolti in malo modo e ci hanno obbligato ad acquistare un supplemento di assicurazione, rifatto pagare il sistema GPS (in quanto per loro non era compreso) e non dato l'auto prenotata o quanto meno della stessa categoria (ci hanno dato un Mitsubishi Outlander con varie ammaccature, parabrezza scheggiato - foto allegate, e cinture di sicurezza rotte sui sedili posteriori, pneumatici quasi lisci)). Un veicolo simile è introvabile a noleggio in Europa. In allegato vi invio le foto del parabrezza, la scheda compilata dal noleggiatore con le varie segnalazioni dei danni del veicolo, la copia del contratto fatto con voi e la copia del contratto datoci dalla Fox. Vi chiedo quindi il rimborso delle spese del sistema GPS (dollari 208.81). Se non pagavo non mi avrebbero dato il GPS. Le nostre vacanze sono state rovinate da questa esperienza in quanto ad ogni momento avevamo la sensazione che l'auto ci potesse lasciare a piedi. Cordiali saluti. Christophe Cattaneo

Aug 22, 2019

Economy Car Rentals — faulty and dangerous car

L.S., today, 22-08-2019, I was forced to return my rented car, from HASSO, , a Dacia Duster (VF-L162) with...

Economy Car Rentalsrequest refund: order number:ecdb861f

Good day. I have rented a car through economy rental for the 04August to 08 August 2019. The pick up point was OR Tambo international. They booked for me at HERTZ rental. upon arrival on the 04 August 2019, I was told I will not be able to get the car because I don't qualify according to their credit score rating which was not discussed with me during the bookings. I did not get the car. I'm complaining because I would like to have my money refunded because there was no service rendered .
              [protected]

Economy Car Rentalscar hire charges / misleading information / threatening behavior

We went through the Economy Car Rentals Website to hire a Category AA Car at Marseille Airport. Date 2nd July. Booking Ref:[protected]. Driver: Christopher Beynon.

During the online booking process, we choose to have the 'Full Insurance Package'

Costs provided on our confirmation were:
                -Car Hire: GBP 118.26
                -Excess Protection: GBP 29.96
                -TOTAL PRICE: GBP 148.22
                -Deposit Paid: GBP 39.13
                -Pay at Desk on arrival: GBP 109.09 (approx. euros 120)

Firstly, on arrival we were told the charges were wrong. To ensure we had a 'full insurance package' we had to pay an extra euro 220 rather than the euros 120 we were expecting.

When we complained the duty, manager told us we should not have booked via Economy Car Rentals (ECR), albeit they, Inter Rent, are happily accepting online bookings from ECR. When we challenged this, they simply refused to accept any responsibility for customers being given mis-leading information by their approved broker. Clearly at this point we hit a nerve as we managed to secure a small discount.

This is entirely unacceptable and breeches all EU Trading Standards. We were mis-lead but had no choice but to continue with the booking so we could drive to our destination.

The language the Inter Rent staff used was calm but threatening. Telling us we could of course go without their (the owners) extra insurance but if there was the smallest scratch on the car when returned it could cost us thousands of Euros. They even handed us a long spreadsheet of potential charges.

We want a refund of Euros 100 to the credit card used to pay at the desk. Nothing less will be accepted and if this is not forthcoming, I will give Economy Car Rentals and Inter Rent the poorest possible feedback on every website I can find.

This is simply unacceptable behavior and cannot be allowed to continue.

I attach a copy of our confirmations from Economy Cars and Rental Agreement with Inter Rent

Linda Given

car hire charges / misleading information / threatening behavior
                car hire charges / misleading information / threatening behavior

Economy Car Rentalsunauthorized credit card charges

Hi,

I booked a car from economy card rental and returned the car on Jun 21 at Zurich airport, now i am seeing huge charges changed on my credit card which i am not authorized.

I want to have complete invoice of all the charges charged on rented car.

My request id was - EC46F927
                  Name - Dinesh Mittal
                  Rental Period - 17 Jun 2019 to 21 Jun 2019

Regards
                  Dinesh Mittal

Economy Car Rentalscollision damage waiver

My husband and I each reserved cars to be picked up in Frankfurt, Germany on June 14th and June 15th, respectively. I had selected cars for which the Collision Damage Waiver was included. Nonetheless, I paid for the extra theft-damage excess protection for my husband's car as his rental period is for over 2 weeks. This additional insurance was not available for my car at the time of booking. Upon pick up we were both told that the rental, as booked through Economy Car Rentals, did not include the Collision Damage Waiver and we would be liable for up to 18, 000 Euros in damages in case of an accident, etc. How is this possible??? There was no option in Frankfurt to add insurance to cover the excess without cancelling the Economy Car Rental bookings, which had already been paid for. I have tried calling you and filled out the online form on your website. Please, can you clarify why the information the rental companies (Hertz and Europcar) receive does not match the terms and conditions the Economy Car Rentals customer receives and what we are now to do to protect ourselves in case of an incident? Our booking numbers are ECAF42BF and ECEC5B2A. Thank you.

Jun 16, 2019

Economy Car Rentals — economycarrentals voucher no: ec49f826 / thrifty confirmation no: ro400477099

The thrifty car provider didn't want to give me the car because they said "you don't have international...

Economy Car Rentalscar rental offer totally false, extra charges!

I wanted to make a reservation for my last days in Bilbao/Basque Country, and Economy Car Rentals came up with a great offer, some 9 Euros for a 3-day car rental, so I made the reservation. When I got the local car rental office, they told me that it would be some 120 Euros in total! As I had quite limited time and had already made my plans, I had to give in. It was a total robbery, an absolute disaster! I sent them an e-mail with all documents attached couple of weeks ago, no response whatsoever yet! If you receive such an attractive offer from this company, please be aware that there's something weird, and if I were you, I wouldn't rent any car from them.

• Updated by Barish82 · Feb 26, 2020

The complaint I have made remains unresolved as for today despite it is qualified as resolved by complaintsboard.com. The company requested my voucher number and replied back pointing that all extra charges, about which I had not been informed, are normal and fair. This means I still consider the company Economy Car Rentals fraud and do not recommend anyone.

• Updated by Barish82 · Jun 08, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to advise you that in my e-mail sent to you on 30 May 2019 via your web page, I already indicate the information you request. I wish you had taken it into consideration before I made a complaint on your services via Complaints Board. As you see, most customers who commented on your services here also complain about your lack of response, which is a very negative attitude in terms of customer trust.

Having said that, here I repeat my e-voucher number for your consideration: ECDA946B If you provide me with an e-mail address, I will also share justifying documents I received both from your company as well as the local company which charged me the amount I mention.

Baris Tugrul

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Jun 07, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write your comments.

Could you please advise your voucher number in order to check further the charges applied locally?

We are looking forward for your kind response.

Economy Car Rentalsconnection with my order

I've ordered a car at Meningen, Germany, for 4.16.19.
                        My order number is 1298800 . or ECD20C87
                        I've get no e-voucher which I can refare to or understand if I have a car or I have to look for at another place
                        Economy Car Rentals‏

29 בינו׳ 2019, 16:03 (לפני 4 ימים)

אני

Here are one of the mail I get and understand that I have to get confirmation. What should I do now? I have order another car on the24-28.4.
                        I don't know if you are real because I cant get contact with you.

Dear Customer,
                        We have received your order.

We wait for the final confirmation from our car rental providers.
                        It might take from 1 minute up to 12 hrs, in some cases, it might take longer (weekends or holidays).
                        A final "e-Voucher" with all necessary pick up information will be sent to you as confirmation. You can login at any time to check the status of your order, by visiting " My booking" facility or contact us by phone and Live support
                        Best regards
                        EconomyCarRentals

I can't get into your web and no access to my booking.

Jan 17, 2019

Economycarrentals.com — car rental/service

I am very disappointed with company Drive On Holidays and EconomyCarRentals.com. We ordered a car from...

Economy Car RentalsI already paid deposit and I delayed 20 minutes in my flight and they told me my book was cancel

I booked a car from economy car rentals in Milano Malpensa airport . When i landed to airport there was hge busy on passport control and i delayed 20 minutes. When i go out i called car rental company and no answer. I called call center on Economy Car Rentals . They try to call them also they can not find and call center told me book a new car, i said ok but they did not do because of rent a car was busy on that day and all companies try to sell more expensive. Call center told me stay one night milano and solve the problem in morning with exist ren a car company . Next day in the morning we call the company they said sorry you book to b cancel and they dont have any more car. That menas they sold out my car more expensive to another people . Call center did for me afew times book nad they did not confirm they can not find any car in milano or 3 days over 1000 euro .
                          In my trip ı can not use car. Just continue with train and taxis and economy car rentals did not pay me back of deposit maybe ı was using more than 10 years maybe hundred of bokking now, i am writing every where and never book from them again . I learn it you need pay a little pay more but you will be sure you can take your car but no econmy car rentals.

Economy Car Rentals — car rental

Economycarrentals.com took money from my credit card account in August 27, 2018. But when i went to SIXT...