Economy Car Rentals company logo
Economy Car Rentals
reviews & complaints
Economy Car Rentals
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

49 complaints
17 resolved 32 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Economy Car Rentals customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Economy Car Rentals Go to website

Economy Car Rentals reviews & complaints

Economy Car Rentals complaints 49

J
Dec 26, 2021

Economy Car Rentals - Rental cars

I reserved a rental car through Expedia for a trip to Montreal. The reservation was prepaid including all taxes. The car was to be picked up at Economy Rental Car in Dorval. I declined insurance as I have rental car coverage through my credit card and car insurance

When I arrived at the location, the agent stated that I must take liability insurance unless I had proof of insurance. I stated that I wished to decline the insurance. The agent became hostile and aggressive and refused to allow me to note my refusal on the contract. Being stranded, I signed the contract without this notation.

I believe that I have the right to refuse this insurance, and that I was misinformed by the agent. In addition, his manner was completely unprofessional, hostile and bullying.

This inappropriate behavior is not acceptable.

Desired outcome: Refund of liability insurance charge

Economy Car Rentals - car rental tolls

Hi, My name is Jose Cruz from Connecticut, I Rented a vehicle from 10/9 -10/13. I receive a Violation Notification -RA#MCO-129960 with a total charge $21.17 on Oct 13 at 5:48 pm at SR 528 MCCOY (OFF). I returned the vehicle at 5:00 pm as stated in the contract. But none of the Economy shuttle buses had a lift for the electric scooter. The office told me to wait 5 minutes that a diver from Economy will drive us to the airport . We waited fiver minutes and an Economy driver took us to the airport. I never drove the vehicle to the airport and never recall going thru any tolls. That violation must to happen after we were dropped at 5:30 pm. Please investigate.

Desired outcome: I should not pay for this violation due to I did not go thru any tolls. This violation happened after We were dropped off by the Economy Driver.

Economy Car Rentals - Refund refused

I have returned from overseas under very difficult circumstances and just needed to hire a car whilst I'm in the uk. I am a uk National. I provided my passport, my driving license which has my...

Economy Car Rentals - Confirmation # PEXPA100587E

Economy refuses to refund me the money for a booked car I have never received due to the employees aggressive and unprofessional behavior, see
below please:

cenario on Monday, September 20th, ca. 1.15pm:

I took your shuttle to the Salt Lake Office.
There were ca. 25 people waiting on the patio for there car rental in 88 degree heat.
I asked one guest "are you all waiting" for your rental, he looked at me rolling his eyes and said "yes, it's been an experience".
There was no one guiding or directing so I walked in the door ENTER. The middle counter was empty, I assumed someone will attend soon. After waiting unnoticed for a while, I asked if someone could help. The customer service rep to the right, "male", told a customer walking in that second to sign her name on a list he pointed to. I asked him again, "excuse me, but I have a reservation, can someone assist", he said "sign in like everyone else, that's how we handle things". I said, no one has told me and I have been waiting for a while.
I asked what happens from here and how lo g does it take. He got up from his chair and screamed "get out of my office, you making all other guests unhappy". I responded "what", "excuse me it was a question", he screamed again "out, now"! I asked "what's your name" - he completely flipped out and yelled "I am not giving you me [censored]ing name, no do I rent you a [censored]ing car, get out of here now, you understand, you don't get a [censored]ing car from me"!
I got very scarred, uncomfortable and left, my heart beating heavenly. I sat on the curb for a while, and took the next shuttle back to the airport renting another car.

This is totally unacceptable and unprofessional, beyond apprehension. All I can come up with in my head is, that he flipped on me, because he is overworked and exhausted. Even both shuttle drivers seems super stressed, though they were very polite and nice.

Please refund me my reservation, this is unacceptable, its really not about the money as much as that no one should ever be treated like this.

Thank you.

Desired outcome: Refund

Economy Car Rentals - No car for me

I booked a car with economy car rentals at Burgas airport, at 06.09.2021. After arrival, it turned out that there was no car for me and I had to wait two days for it, I had a meeting 150 km away that day! Since than, no responds from the portal and I haven't recive my money refund too, I wrote two emails about the situation! I haven't meet such an unprofessional service yet!

Desired outcome: Give me back my money!

Economy Car Rentals - Car rental

I booked a car rental today at belfast city airport however made an error entering my email address and as a result I have not received confirmation of booking. I have found it extremely difficult to get through to anyone to help me with this issue and the website customer services is just sending me around in circles. I really would appreciate if someone could contact me on [protected]@gmail.com so I can get my booking confirmation. I booked the car for friday 27th 11am to monday 30th 11 am from belfast city airport. Any help you can provide in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated

Desired outcome: Send me my booking conformation using above email address

A

Economy Car Rentals - rental vehicle pre paid fee , refused to be refunded

I request a refund of the pre-paid amount as a reservation because services were not used the services. It was very expensive what was offered me and I did not reach an agreement with America Car Rentals in Los Cabos Baja California. The complaint has been filed with the Profeco Office of the Federal Prosecutor for the Consumer (PROFECO, for short) in Mexico
The information is EconomyCarRentals Electronic Coupon Number: ECCB198E . Local Provider Confirmation Number: ECOCAR-4504 Rate Code: 106 Amount 2366.05 MXP paid with credit card

Desired outcome: refund of 2366.05 MX

Economy Car Rentals - Cancellation of booking ec343a8f

I have already complained to your customer service who frankly is calling me a liar. Below is the complete email story plus my last mail which I have sent with no reply. I believe I have been wronged...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Economy Car Rentals - Sold an non-valid insurance, acknowledges it and won't give refund

Dramatic experience. Lied to at booking and sold a useless package. Wouldn't help in any way after calling them.

We've rented a car through Economy Car Rentals in Cancun, Mexico. We had an option to add the Full Insurance Package. Specifically stating everything is included (Collision Damage Waiver, Third Party Liability and Theft Protection). Guess what? It's a lie.

Arriving at the car rental we weren't allowed to take the car, because we had 'no insurance', which is mandatory in Mexico. We knew it's mandatory, which is one of the reasons we booked the Full Insurance Package. But since it was via a third party, it is apparently not applicable.

We could only take the car if we paid 500 USD extra on the spot for a Mexican insurance package.

I instantly called Economy Car Rental. They simply told me: "Yes, our Full Insurance Package is not usable in Mexico. We are aware and you should buy the insurance now at the rental company." Are you kidding me? So why are you selling it to me?!

They wouldn't do anything about it. I asked for a cancellation or to take the insurance with me to make a new booking, but both weren't allowed. They simply screwed us over, selling us something they know darn well isn't viable in Mexico. And then not willing to give a refund.

Charlatans.

Desired outcome: Refund.

M
Apr 07, 2021

Economy Car Rentals - I want a refund

i booked a car rental and did not use it because you would not accept my debit card
i do not have a credit card !

contact me 0027 [protected]

mrs Tait

A

Economy Car Rentals - online rental for a car in cancun mexico

On Jan. 10, 2020 I ordered a rental car from Feb.5, 2020 to Mar 4 2020 through Economy Car Rentals to be picked up at Cancun Airport after 20:00 hours ( 8:00 pm) when my airline was to arrive. I wa...

S
Feb 03, 2020

Economy Car Rentals - not able to deliver order

I have used Economy Car Rentals multiple times, however with the last reservations I have start seeing a lower quality service. I had to book another car and paid a hold twice. Once back home, I asked the customer service for a refund and it seems they are unwilling to assist. It feels like I have to beg them for the refund. It is a shame, be aware of a customer service with no intention to provide proper service.

R

Economy Car Rentals - missing deposit / overcharge

I booked a car from Economy Car Rentals (ECR) Voucher ECB6B32C for my wife to pick up her carth on 7th December 2019 from supplier SIXT. The price quoted was GBP 216 - ECR requested I pay them on...

C
Nov 18, 2019

Economy Car Rentals - 100 euros damage not covered

We hired a car in Johannesburg to Cape Town last month through Economy Car Rentals and we want to advice other clients that the Total Package Insurance they offered didn't cover even little scratch. The total cost of the damage was a half we paid for renting a car 15 days so... DON'T USE THEIR WEBSITE TO BOOK YOUR CAR. Go directly to Car Provider because it's safer!

P
Sep 25, 2019

Economy Car Rentals - car rental

I have booked a car for the 20.09.2019 to 23.09.2019 on the name of Annes Ul Hassnain
Sherazi Syed Kazim . The company did not have the car and they cancelledmy order which has caused us a lot of trouble and time waste I demand a refund and to tell you the experience was horrible reservation number is EC98BEBO

It was so difficult for us to find another car and spend a lo of time going to so many place and end up paying 600 euro as my meeting was so important and i needed a car

M
Sep 20, 2019

Economy Car Rentals - renting a car in dortmund

Hello, my name is Pintea Adrian Cezar and i would like to make a complain.

Two days ago i've made a reservation on your site. You send me a confirmation email. It was a car from SIXT - Dortmund airport. ( premium car )

The guy from SIXT told me that he will not rent me that car because my Platinum Credit Card it's not ok.

I will attached the card. If it's possible i would like to give me back the amount that you took from me.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice evening

Update by Mircea82
Sep 23, 2019

ECAACE88

J
Sep 13, 2019

Economy Car Rentals - unauthorized credit card charges

I booked the car rental with www.economycarrentals.com from 14 August to 18 August 2019. The voucher confirmed a total cost of Euro 230.58 (Order no. EC7D7269) but the credit card was charged Euro...

Economy Car Rentals - deposit has not been refunded

Economy Car Rentals Voucher ECCC84DB

On the 8th August 2019 I rented a vehicle from their agent in Guarda Portugal. The vehicle was returned 5 days later and I am still waiting for a refund of my Euro300, 00 deposit. I am travelling around Europe and the Euro300, 00 is part of my living expenses for my trip. I am currently in Italy. I need assistance in getting this resolved urgently. No response from the company.

C
Sep 02, 2019

Economy Car Rentals - sistema gps fatturato due volte

buongiorno, vi contatto in quanto sono profondamente deluso da Fox Rent A Car e non riesco a capire come una società come la vostra non intervenga e lasci fare delle pratiche illecite alla Fox (purtroppo ho letto solo in seguito tutte le lamentele che riguardano la Fox). Ho fatto il contratto con voi scegliendo un veicolo Jeep Grand Cherokee con full assicurazioni e completo di sistema GPS. All'arrivo all'agenzia di Las Vegas siamo stati accolti in malo modo e ci hanno obbligato ad acquistare un supplemento di assicurazione, rifatto pagare il sistema GPS (in quanto per loro non era compreso) e non dato l'auto prenotata o quanto meno della stessa categoria (ci hanno dato un Mitsubishi Outlander con varie ammaccature, parabrezza scheggiato - foto allegate, e cinture di sicurezza rotte sui sedili posteriori, pneumatici quasi lisci)). Un veicolo simile è introvabile a noleggio in Europa. In allegato vi invio le foto del parabrezza, la scheda compilata dal noleggiatore con le varie segnalazioni dei danni del veicolo, la copia del contratto fatto con voi e la copia del contratto datoci dalla Fox. Vi chiedo quindi il rimborso delle spese del sistema GPS (dollari 208.81). Se non pagavo non mi avrebbero dato il GPS. Le nostre vacanze sono state rovinate da questa esperienza in quanto ad ogni momento avevamo la sensazione che l'auto ci potesse lasciare a piedi. Cordiali saluti. Christophe Cattaneo

N
Aug 22, 2019

Economy Car Rentals - faulty and dangerous car

L.S., today, 22-08-2019, I was forced to return my rented car, from HASSO, , a Dacia Duster (VF-L162) with e-voucher: ECFF9EA5 due to various malfunctions. I rented this car from 15-08-2019 til...

1 2 3