Alamo Rent A Car / fraud and lack of service!

Re: Alamo Rent a Car,

I could not believe that your web site (aka your company) deceived me into believing I had a rental car lined up and ready to go via your online check-in service. I put in the “required” confidential information on your web site to include our debit card that I hereby request you to delete immediately from your data warehousing server. You do not need any of my information ever as I will never use nor recommend Alamo Car Rental to anyone. You can believe me when I say I will go out of my way to make my friends, relatives, and co-workers aware of the service I did not receive. I was allowed, via your online check-in web site, to believe that the rental car was not only ready and available for pick-up that the debit card I provided was debited and the transaction was paid for. Never in my life have I been so mislead. I get to the rental car company to pick up the car and apparently your company does not take a debit card to pay for the transaction. I secured the rental with my credit card; however, I did not have enough of a balance available to use my credit card to pay for the rental – that’s why I used the debit card.

The supervisor sent me down the counter to Dollar Rental which was able to handle the car rental payment using my debit card. Now either you have antiquated software or you people have some sort of agreement/kick back with credit card companies. I was late leaving and therefore, late arriving at my destination due to your negligence and deception. I really should take this up with an attorney. As it is, I believe letting the ten thousand acquaintances that I know of your lack of service and deception will be sufficient.

Arlene & Marc Reeves,
Dissatisfied sought after car renters.

N  20th of Jul, 2007 by
It's unfortunate that some people believe they can rent a car without any financial requirement or security. Regardless from whom you rent a car from, that company is entrusting you with a $18-$60k+ vehicle. Some form of security is required. Regarding Alamo, they have the most advanced and user-friendly interface web site in the business. On their main page, www.alamo.com, is a direct link to their rental policies. It specifically states it's debit card policy and other rental requirements. It's all spelled out for the customer if only they take the few seconds needed to read it. It doesn't take much to be a responsible consumer... get a clue.
A  9th of Sep, 2007 by
Let me give you an example of Alamo's "customer service." I rented an Alamo car. I fully paid all charges and have the credit card statements to prove it. Nevertheless, I have received repeated harassing phone calls from them about unpaid charges. Twice I thought I had resolved this with them to their satisfaction. Yet the calls continue and the callers are exceeding nasty and accusatory.
D  26th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wouldn't rent u a bike without a major credit card...so why would Alamo give you a 20k car wih no security ?? Or just beacuse your credit crippled they should feel bad for u ??
N  10th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Their site CLEARLY says that they only accept debit cards WITH PROOF of a return airline ticket and that even though the website will TAKE the debit card number, it will not be able to be processed at the kiosk. This is because they have to key in your flight info into their computers manually.

Alamo and National have the most liberal policy regarding debit cards in the industry, and I think they are pretty darn good. You just have to clearly read the policies and follow the rules.

Alamo Rent A Car Logo Alamo Rent A Car