Airtel India / harassment by airtel telecaller

My below mail to airtel zonal officer explains all...

PS: Interestingly 'my post in complaints board' has been removed by some means so posting it again.

Hi Sir,

sub: Sexual abuse by a Airtel telecaller.
note: This mail is meant for the Chennai zonal officer because the telecaller spoke(abused) in tamil.

Here is the complaint i posted in a forum.
Please be patient in reading this and advise your telecallers be polite to customers, especially when they call NON CUSTOMERS by mistake.

They are wrongly advised to collect the money by any means i guess.
This wrong advise by some low level officers will spoil the entire organisation's reputation.

I too would like the Airtel to grow like a giant to have a balance with other competitors.. but now the arrogance showed by your telecaller gave me a bad image of Airtel.

Here is the complaint to you.

I got a call from a telecaller on 27/sep/2007

She was asking me about the payment of bill for some airtel number(which is not mine)

I told her that i don't know anything about that number.
She started scolding like hell. I used at most abusive language like

"You can earn money with going to man and pay bill"
"You can sell your baby to pay the bill"

This is a horrible call i got.

I decided to RECORD THE CALL next time and report it to cyber crime police.

It is shame on Airtel to have such telecallers on board.Is this the way the collect money?

Oh my god i never will go for Airtel and allow my friends and family too to go with them.

I am sending this link to the nodal officer of airtel in Tamil Nadu(Chennai). Let us see what he do for solving it.

+ [protected], nodalofficer.tn@airtel.in

Oceanic Towers, 8th Floor, 101 Santhome High Road, Chennai 600 028, Tamil Nadu

- Jagdish(Jagdishr68@gmail.com)

I believe you take this seriously and act on this. I could have come out of this problem simply by giving a complaint in the cyber crime and left it there. Why i am writing you is, i want this company to grow and serve people. That doesn't happen when you have telecallers who use sexually abusive languages to a non-customer too.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jagdish R

N  4th of Sep, 2006 by

Airtel India - Consumers cheating

Hello, my name is Anuj. I taked a new airtel prepaid connection(on 15-7-2006) under the scheme that I will get Rs.50 extra on every recharge on further six months. But when I recharged next month of Rs.345 I received the talktime amount of Rs.177 but not my Rs.50 extra according to scheme. No action had been taken yet. Pleare update my talktime amount soon. Reply me at:'Coolanujhot@yahoo.co.in'. Thank You in advance.
N  16th of Sep, 2006 by

Airtel India - Free flight offer

I was using the rate plan of Rs 299. Airtlel costumer care people called me and told me to change the rate plan for Rs399/-, because i was interested to take the free flight offer,for this for i payed RS 500/- deposit also, this free flight offer was taken on jan12th 2006, i am raising a case on this .
N  23rd of Sep, 2006 by

Airtel India - 121 has been blocked

My 121 has been blocked since last 4 months. I have complained 6 times threw sms but no action has been taken. Now I am unable to send sms to 121.
D  25th of Sep, 2006 by
Airtel network is through out AP. Very big false statement. I have very severe call drops and no service problems in the main heart of hyd i.e. mehdipatnam
N  5th of Oct, 2006 by

Airtel India - Do not subscribe for free ringtones!

Airtel offering ring tones for free, don't subscribe. They are charging from next month. This is common with many subscribers of land line and mobile phone in all over India. I am also one of the customers.
N  5th of Oct, 2006 by

Airtel India - Thank you Airtel

To Whomsoever this adresses...
I had a two day trip to SELEM Tamilnadu about 220 Kms from Bangalore..where i dint feel the need to activate the roaming on my phone...on my way back, Unfortunately i met with a Severe Accident (head On Collision with Govt BUS) on the 1/10/06 at 2.30 on Nationalhighway ..My Car is a total wreck and i am about 6 KMS from nearest hospital...My co passenger sufered the Brunt of the disaster with two severe lesions on her forehead...needed intensive treatment and several stitches...One GOD sent angel helps me take her to the hospital..(All my items are in the car...some bits dis-integrated...) get her into the casualty ward ...then i got back to the car to get our things(Phones,Bags,Wallets) from my TOTALLED CAR and get back to the hospital...She was sent to another hospital for Ct Scanning...In the mean time i realise that the Hospital does not accept CREDIT?DEBIT Cards.ATM being 4 KMS back into town...I TRY COntacting MY EVER COMPETENT CELLULAR PROVIDER "BHARTI AIRTEL" in between filling forms buying emergency medecine and trying to arrange for MONEY, speak to an Advisor called MOHAN.B at precisely 3.30 P.M Our converstion as far as i can remember went like this....

Me> HEllo sir,please help me ,I am in a "EMERGENCY"I have met with an acident and need to use my phone.Please activate the roaming facility....

Mohan> You need to send a message to ....

Me > I know the procedure but i have no NETWORK AVAILABLE...Please activate it from the system...

Mohan > I'm sorry. That cannot be done.this is something you should have done while you were at bangalore...

Me> I know that sir but this is an emergency Pleas.......

THANK YOU AIRTEL!!!! You are exactly the kind of shepards that cant Even take care of your SHEEP....Then why even Bother.....and DO YOU REALLY need SHAH RUKH and SACHIN to PROMOTE YOUR INCOMPETENCE at YOUR PRIMARY OBJECTIVE TO EXIST (Service)!!!

Nitin Joshi
99455-03006 ( Wont have this number for long)
N  6th of Oct, 2006 by

Airtel India - Deducting money without subscribtion for cricket

I am airtel prepaid customer my number is 9840611852. On 29.09.06 they are send one sms for subscribing cricket score, but i am not interested on that. On the same day they deducted Rs.99/- from my account. I make complaints to customer service every day, they are not responding for that. Kindly perusal in this matter.

Thanking you!
N  7th of Oct, 2006 by

Airtel India - Prepaid recharging error

I am a prepaid airtel customer for a very long period. Today I bought Rs. 450/- prepaid coupon from a dealer and when I try to reacharge it, a voice message indicates me that the service is temporarily unavailable. The message comes soon after I enter the 16 digit code followed by #.
N  8th of Oct, 2006 by

Airtel India - No activation of sim

I took a sim of prepaid airtel connection at bhubaneshwar. even after 9 days it has not been activated. When i called airtel customer care i was told that the did not know why this was so and also NOT to call them up with such petty quires!!! To think this is to be expected from a reputed indian firms customer care.
N  25th of Oct, 2006 by

Airtel India - Non adjustment of payment

I had made my bill payment by ICICI phone banking on 05-10-2006 amounting Rs. 2267 and as per record of ICICI Bank they have paid this money to AIRTEL  DELHI on 06-10-2006, but it not reflected in account of my Landline phone no 0124 4274131.
N  13th of Nov, 2006 by

Airtel India - Free fly tickets

I am post paid customer of Airtel India. I have opted 499 previelage plan. Air ticket for free was offered. I paid registration rs 500 extra, but still waitting for tickets... can i go to consumer court?
A  25th of Nov, 2006 by
Yes they have a very poor customer service.

I have complained several times at their gallery..but till date 121 is not working at all

Forget that attitude of their customer care people are worst !!!
Don't have time to explain their behavior.
N  3rd of May, 2007 by

Airtel India - 999 is not available

My mistake to go for Airtel ... Please do not do this with others. I took Airtel connection 1 month back ,now I want life time with 999 scheme, but customer care says this can not be done on my no. as this does not fall in that scheme of 999. Really ridiculous and nonsense customer care. They doesn't know how to speak with customers.
A  8th of May, 2007 by
I have an airtel prepaid connection of which the customer care number has been blocked for past 2 months without any reason. If they cant satisfy customers queries properly then it is better to close down the helpline number.
N  18th of May, 2007 by

Airtel India - Unnecessary calls & msgs

I am very much disturbed by the unnecessary calls and messages from above company which provides cellular services in Punjab( India).I sometimes received a call from company which is incoming but when I listen it, the amount from my account deducted. A local number +919872064419 is very often coming to my number.
N  23rd of May, 2007 by

Airtel India - Irresponsibility of the executives / Horrible customer care / No business ethics

I had opted my Airtel Instant Post paid connection on 15.05.2007 by paying Rs. 599.00 through checque, which was cleared on 19.05.2007 itself. The connection was activated immediately.

Today all of sudden my cell is out of service. My cell number is 9967981410. The customer care number is also not functioning & ends with no answer.

Thanks & regards,
Giridhar K
N  30th of May, 2007 by

Airtel India - New connection not activated for long time

I am new customer to Airtel purchased a recharge coupon on 26/05/07. But till date my connection is not activated, I could not receive incoming calls. Complaining to customer care daily but vain. Problem escalated to their TL viz. Imran, Revathy, Prasanna and srinivasan. I purchased a connection in a name of Arumugam.
N  30th of May, 2007 by

Airtel India - Not canceling connection

I have a post paid corporate connection with airtel in bangalore (9945000645). I have shifted to Pune and before shifting I had sent then email (twice) and called the customer care to cancel the connection by 15th of May. I am posting this complain on31 May and still they are not canceling the connection.

I did call Bangalore customer care (which is charged) and the customer care guy are not responding properly.
A  8th of Jun, 2007 by
I am airtel prepaid customer my number is 9867139012, they are send one sms for subscribing cricket score, but i am not interested on that. from the same day they have started deducting Rs. 3/- per day from my account. I make complaints to customer service every day, they are not responding for that. Very poor service!

Thanking you,
Yours Customer
N  8th of Jul, 2007 by

Airtel India - Reduction on my balance

20 days back i was using hello tunes facility on airtel on which i did not got it connected and i got 20 rupees deducted for which there is no reason for this amount reduction. There is also no proper customer response just for name sake all these people are operating and my complaint number is 070710529600 and the customer care s name is sandeep. This is the kind of response airtel gives to customer inspite of me calling them several times.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel