Complaints & Reviews

no response from the customer care and harassing the customer

I activated the service to use the mobile office (Gprs) for surfing net using my laptop, their is some...

airtel not letting me talk to customer care executive!

I am prepaid customer of airtel since one year. Presently I am residing at ranchi, my mobile no i...

deactivated sim card

Re: Airtel India

My Mobile [protected] is giving massage "Sim registration failed and Inactive Sim while it was paid for lifetime". I have mailed 10 times to airtel service center regarding my mobile no. and every time I get reply through auto generation mail that you will take care of my problem within 24 hrs. Inspite of regular follow ups I couldn't retrieve my mobile no. I have spent thousands of Rs. for it. I have phoned 68 times to Mr. Agarwal ( Nimbahera) Ph. no. [protected] and 94 times to Mr. Satpal Dua ( Chittorgarh ) Ph. [protected]. Every time both persons tell me that problem will be solved within 24 hrs. Mr. Agarwal given me other no. sim as a replacement but after one day he again call me personally and provided me one other sim of same number and taken back sim as he supplied earlier. On 11.8.2006 Mr. Satpal Dua called me personally and he managed to talk me on 801 (Mr. Yogendra) and he told me that there is some technical problem in the system and he will short out the matter within 24 hrs. Still problem persists. I have given all the related documents again to Nimbahara. What more you needed from me. All your such activities have pained me a lot and it has forced me to go to court / consumer forum. Due to unavailability of mobile no. I have incurred heavy loss of both money and time.

• Rb
    R.Boomadevi May 30, 2007

Yesterday "30-may -2007" my cell phone was theft at morning 10AM my airtel number is 9940741257 when i call to my mobile its tell "switched off".

There is anyway to lock my simcard, some help me, what can i do... My mobile type " samsung new model".

• Ra
    RAVI.P Sep 30, 2007

sir/madam/ my mobile no 9972857546-bangalore. my sim as been deactivated why wat is the reason. yyyyyyyyy ur people are not responding properly. please attend to the matter very urgentley.

• Ra
    RAVI.P Sep 30, 2007

u can call me on my other mobile 9886274141 ravi.p

S.Arul Oct 30, 2007

9994008703 . 30 th Oct 2007. My mobile is theft. When I call to my mobile its tell "switched off".

mental harrasment / fault committments

I made a GPRS on my mobile (mobileoffice) request to airtel in 8th of august 2006. Till this complaint (12 august 2006, they says the activation will happen within 24 hr from the request) hav't got any response from their side.

The executives are already with their apology and fault commitment that it will activate with in 1 hr, 2 hr,...... no response then.

Even the team leader of customer care failed give any response she commited that she will activate the function within 3 hrs. after 3 hrs i made a call but the executive said that the team leaders shift has over and she left the office!. with out any message or a call.

Airtel has absolutely failed to give the service. Absoultely pathetic condition.

• Ka
    Kamal Bhandari Nov 29, 2006

I am a Ludhiana, Punjab based post paid customer of airtel India. I have been depositing bills in time since I got connection 20 months back. For this, as a gesture airtel set my credit limit to Rs.3000.

I could not deposit my last bill for around Rs.800 in time. As I was to pay fine for late payment I thought to deposit the last bill along with the next bill which will be due for payment by 11th Dec 2006. But today, that is 29th Nov 2006. I got a call from an airtel female executive( from cell number +919815323249) who asked me to deposit my last bill immediately or face debarring of my outgoing calls. When I told her that I have not crossed my credit limit of Rs.3000 and I would deposit it wit next bill, she got furious and rudely told me," It is not you but the company which makes the rules." I was shocked at her behaviour. I said," Then you disconnect my phone." She replied bluntly,"O.K. You deposit the out standing amount first, then we'll disconnect your phone." She seemed to have total disregard for the customer.

It seems success has got high to their head and it has least regard for customers who are source of their bread and butter.

• Ro
    Roopcy Dhiman Dec 02, 2006

I am a corporate connection holder from HCL, Noida. I had an outstanding bill of around Rs 1000 that i could not pay since all of a sudden i had to go out of India for quite long period due to some official work. I was aware that i had not paid my bill but never wanted to lose my existing number. Coming back to Noida after around 8 months, i got a call on my new number (since my that number didn't exist anymore) from a courier company. Very next day i got a call from gentleman from number 011-32416478, who was not gentle at all, naming himself as Advocate Aggrawal, who then transferred the call to an equally rude lady calling herself as Advocate Kavita from Tis Hazari court, stating that Airtel has filed a case against me since i didnt pay my bill. I told her about my genuine circumstances and told that would pay it within next week. She didnt agree to that and told that payment has to be made today itself or else legal action would be taken. I would like to know that is this the correct way that you call a customer in a high tone at 12 noon and ask him/her to make pending payments within next 2-4 hrs and in case customer fails to do that, give threatenings that he/she would be taken to court for which NO prior notice has ever been sent?
    This is not customer service..."customer threatening" rather, fooling the person saying it is call from courier service, court etc ---- VERY DISAPPOINTING...!!!

• Pr
    pramod g. cheulkar Jan 21, 2007

I have activated my mobile office service passed 2 1/2 month before and i have used it only for 10-15 days and deactivated that service due to unsatisfied speed. now the problem is that even though my service is being deactivated my daily 7 rupees is being debited from my balance. These all things are going from last 2 months. I have several compliant numbers with along time & date. But every one is least bother about it, after so much of request from 2 months none of the executives are taking any necessary actions. First thing is that the card which i am using is in government plan & i am working in Indian navy. I had rights 2 take any legal action. Airtel cant cheat government sections.

• As
    Ashish Kumar Roy Dec 12, 2007

It is really sad and pathetic, i think that my fault was to get the services done from Prepaid to Postpaid keeping this number for last 5 damn good years.

No Verfication done as per the requested time,the officer never called before coming to our residence,serives barred without informing,lastly verfication done and not updated in system,again our services barred and we had to face lots of problems,the customer service is very unhelpful department and the service of Airtel has really detoriated in last few years.....
    The executives are very unprofessional not ready to listen to the customer..

I think it is a simple case of Harrasment,I do not know whether BIG SHOTS in different section of the society have to go through the same... I AM VERY CONFIDENT that they do not have to.We are common man and so are harrased.

Mahesh Kumar May 26, 2008

In our village Airtel tower Activated last week.but thats range very low. so we have already Number.now that is dead invest. So please give more range or turn that antennas in to all places.

Our village - in Karnataka circle Mangalore division Sullia Taluk, BALPA Tower. We want signal in Kamila Village also.

• Sh
    Shailaza May 30, 2008

Its funny..i was living in jaipur and had an airtel internet connection...I asked themto stop my connection since airtel data card did not function well...I shifted out of jaipur and they did not close my connection..now they say that I have 12000 bill and that there is a tis hazari notice againest me..can they really do anything..please tell me

• La
    Laxmi saha Aug 04, 2011

Sir,
    Myself laxmi saha 9890987980, my balance has been cut on 21st Jul 2011 at 1115 Hrs, as I have not received any message or call at that time. ihave complained same to customer care but he has refused to give any reply. So pls give me the explaination for that..
    Laxmi Saha

air tel prepaid card aisi azadi aur kahan accepting services not functioning

I had purchased Air Tel prepaid card Aisi Azadi aur kahan worth of Rs.360 from the shop in Rajajinagar on 10th August 2006. When I want to recharge as per instructions, there was no services available after entering 16 digit number. The message was clear saying that this facility temporarily not working call later again. This has been happening for the last two days. I have tried repeatedly with the card for recharge but all attempts in to the vain. It is too bad to provide service like this afte paying prepaid card. Can anybody from Air tel respond. I have tried to contact their customer service number [protected] but always busy and no response. Do needful if you can.

• Pa
    Paramjeet Singh Nov 08, 2006

A copy of Complaint to Airtel India:

Through this mail I would like to draw your attention regarding the non availability of airtel signal in some part of north Delhi.

My name is Paramjeet Singh and my no. is 9810396428 & i have been using your number from the last seven years.

On one side you people are running your advertisement (Jao jaha bhi karo kuch bhi AIRTEL ke saath).This is only for the advertisement purpose but nor for real life.I m working in Media Channel and your activity runs on our channel.

I have already complained for the same issue many time at your customer centre. You can check my complaints in your records.

I want some action on it because i m really fed up with the problem

thanks

Paramjeet Singh

Anil Kumar Nov 18, 2006

Hi, I am Anil, I am currently in NewYork and i have a prepaid calling card which said it has 2hours of talk time, but then i could hardly talk for 40 minutes and i also want to recharge my card or get a new calling card, Please let em know how will i be able to get the remaining talk time on my previous card and how and where will i get my new calling card from.
    Till date Airtel has been my mode of communication to my place in bangalore, and i would like to continue to rely on Airtel services to get connected to my home town, Please do provide me the details of how and where to get the calling card from.
    I reside in Lower Manhattan,New York right next to NYSE.

Thanks,
    Anil.

• Vi
    Vishal Gupta Feb 21, 2007

On 12th Feb morning I got a message that 49 Rs has been deducted for VDS download but I hadn't download. I have sent 5 message to the customer care 121 in mumbai but still problem isn't resolve.

• Sr
    S R Thomas Aug 02, 2008

It is unfortunate to deduct from my balance for a service which I have not solicited for. Everyday a sum of Rs.5 has been deducted from my accountfor "cricket updates" .Now my credit balance come to Rs -150. I have made several complaints to refund my deducted amount to my account.But the customer care dept. people of Airtel has no care for their customers or I doubt whether they go with deaf ears intentionally. It is better to avoid Airtel connection
    Mable Sunil
    401/1, Nurses Resi: Complex
    Sriniwaspuri
    New Delhi.110065

mobile office service activated by mistake!

I am using airtel since last 2 years. Today, early morning I activated mobile office service by mistake. Suddenly I call to the customer care and request them to correct my mistake and deactivate this service but I got the reply that even if you do this by mistake then also you have to pay for this service and monthly charges you must pay.

It was just a mistake and done through sms so I think it must be corrected by the company.

• Rs
    R. Srinivasan Aug 12, 2006

I am also experiencing the same problem; 60% of mobile bill charges are due to SMS s which i had not availed; I have not sent even one MSM so far in this mobile; but some how the value added services get activated for e.g., 646 services which results inflated monthly bills for my post paid mobile phone. Is it a gimmick by AIRTEL services or wantonly done, I could not follow Even after my repeated complaints to customer services, still the ordeal continues. Can anyone suggest a remedy to come out of this trap?

• Ro
    Roymario Coutinho Apr 10, 2007

Well atleast you by mistake activated your mobile office. Here they acknowledge that BY MISTAKE AIRTEL HAS DEDUCTED and continues deducting 7rs for a service i have not taken. They are just cheating and robbing customers I guess that is their policy. Guys stay away from airtel they only know to rob. I am searching for a way to take them to task could anyone pls help.

• Fa
    factsReality Jan 13, 2009

India is most corrupt country in world in terms of amount involved

Corruption is killing India.
    Join the drive to weed out the mostly corrupt lot of administration in India which is more than 98%.

• Na
    Naina Mar 04, 2009

Airtel has really really Poor connectivity. The person I callup or receive calls can never hear me. The voice always breaks. I have complained atleast4 times and have not got any solution. This service is sickening. If the company doesnt act to my problem, it will loose a customer and like me there are many many others who will do that.

call drop frequently & charge for there

I am a post paid user of Airtel mobile no. [protected] of 14 month old, I opted annual advance rentel plan 249 rs. p.m. I face a serious call drop problem since the starting & I contect to customer care several time but they did'nt give me satisfactory resolution. The srvice provider also charge cost of those calls who are droped. I notify this probem to customer care always but they do not provide me remedy of this problem. the airtel also charge for value added services those are not replying. For details see my itemis bills. This is very serious matter.

Thank you.

Anju Patel Aug 23, 2006

Did u got any solution from airtel ?

defrauding and harassing customers!

Few days ago, I converted to my Airtel prepaid to postpaid connection. I have been a good customer of Airtel...

activation of hello tune without request

On 22nd february, 2005 I received two sms saying I have requested for hello tune, that I never did. Second...