Menu
GiftCardMall Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

GiftCardMall
reviews & complaints

www.giftcardmall.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 95 Reviews

GiftCardMall Complaints Summary

6 Resolved
78 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from GiftCardMall with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for GiftCardMall has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of GiftCardMall. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest GiftCardMall reviews & complaints

1:43 pm EST

GiftCardMall Visa Gift Card

I have a card that was given as a gift that gets denied whenever I try to use use it. I have confirmed that there is a $25 balance. Trying to speak to someone at GiftCardMall is next to impossible. On their website I did a chat and was told they couldn't find my card, yet on that same website I confirmed my balance. This is unacceptable that they issue cards that are not usable.

Claimed loss: $25.00

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response from GiftCardMall and a refund.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified GiftCardMall representatives only. If you are affiliated with GiftCardMall, please claim your business to access these details.

Feb 27, 2024 12:21 pm EST

Thank you for contacting Giftcardmall.com. We apologize if your experience was not 100% positive.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your comments and suggestions, as we are always looking to improve upon the gift card experience, we have contacted you via DM to learn more about the experience.

You can also contact us at 877.944.3822.

F
8:30 pm EST

GiftCardMall Gift Card

I was gifted a $100 GC early 2023. When i checked the balance at that time there was $100 on it. I held on to to use this month to buy christmas gifts. I had trouble using the card and so I check the balance. When I went to check the balance there was a charge 04/15/2023 Purchase Original Sale VNLA SPCL A New York 36 10011 US -$99.80 $0.20.

I never made this purchase. Someone has stolen money off my Gift card without my permission. I don't know how they did it. The gift card was still in it's original package and not tampered with

Please help!

Claimed loss: $99.80

Desired outcome: Please refund my loss funds

Dec 04, 2023 9:04 pm EST

Hi FelC, thank you for contacting Giftcardmall.com regarding your recent order, we apologize if your experience was not 100% positive, and thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your comments and suggestions, as we always look to improve the Gift-Card experience. Can you please provide us with your contact email address to assist you further?

For immediate assistance, you can also contact us at 877.944.3822.

Regards,

Giftcards.com

V
11:49 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Return on my money

Yesterday I tried to use my card and it didn't allow me, today it went to the page to see my balance and tells me that it was used in VNLA SPCL A 1 New York NY US when I live in Alabama I need my money back

el día de ayer intente usar mi tarjeta y no me premitio , el día de hoy entró a la página para ver mi balance y me dice que fue usada en VNLA SPCL A 1 Nueva York NY US cuando yo vivo en Alabama necesito mi dinero de vuelta

Oct 25, 2023 1:52 pm EDT

Hello, thank you for contacting GiftCardMall.com regarding your recent order, we apologize if your experience was not 100% positive, we have contacted you via DM to learn more about your experience.

Bryan D.

Is GiftCardMall legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals GiftCardMall as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 7% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, GiftCardMall stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering GiftCardMall should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

GiftCardMall earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: GiftCardMall achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for GiftCardMall. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Giftcardmall.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows GiftCardMall website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Giftcardmall.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with GiftCardMall, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

GiftCardMall website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While GiftCardMall has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 7% of 84 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the giftcardmall.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to GiftCardMall. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
12:08 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Gift card

Went to register card on 10/12//23. It was a $100 gift card. When I went to use it on Amazon it said the balance on the card was zero . I checked the balance on the web site on 10/13/23 and the$100.00 balance was now $0. When I checked the transactions I was told that payment was made to VNLA SPCL A 1 in New York. This is not a purchase I made and have no idea who the vendor is. I see this has been a problem to many others.

Desired outcome: I would like to have this reimbursed.

Oct 16, 2023 7:12 pm EDT

Hi Roary23, thank you for contacting GiftCardMall.com regarding your recent order, we apologize if your experience was not 100% positive, we have contacted you via DM to learn more about your experience.

M
12:53 am EDT

GiftCardMall Gift Card

I had a $200 gift card that i used one time and it took away only 2 cents and the kept getting Declined and then i checked the balance and I had $0 and there was a transaction to something called VNLA SPCL A3. It was an unauthorized transaction.

-$199.98

VNLA SPCL A 3

10/09/2023

$199.98

Desired outcome: A refund

Oct 16, 2023 7:06 pm EDT

Hi Mohy, thank you for contacting GiftCardMall.com regarding your recent order, we apologize if your experience was not 100% positive, we have contacted you via DM to learn more about your experience.

A
4:04 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

GiftCardMall - Gift Card [protected]

I went to use my gift card I beleive on September 21st. at Del Taco. The card was denied. I used another gift card I had, thinking it was their machine, as sometimes I have trouble using gift cards at Del Taco. Today Oct 1, 2023 I went on line to check the balance on the card. It showed $100.00, balance 0. 8/03/2023 Purchase Original Sale VNLA SPCL A @ NEW...

11:01 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Bad Service

I made a complaint 20 days ago because I had all my funds ($100) stollen when activating a gift card. The place it said the money was spent on is a fake website and this scam has been happening to lots of people who get one of gift card malls gift cards and activates it. I was told when making a complaint they will get back to me in up to 2 business days and it's been way more than that, and I'm not even sure if I will get my money back from them.

J
10:42 am EDT

GiftCardMall Visa giftcardmall

I activated my gift card two days ago and as soon as I tried to use, it was declined, I tried at another store declined. When I looked online to check my balance and their was a $200 charge to VNLA SPCL A 3. I don't even know what that is. This is totally unacceptable. What is the resolution?

Jenny Lindsey

107 Parkridge Drive

Danville IN 46122

[protected]

[protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: fix my card

Sep 28, 2023 1:21 pm EDT

A
8:27 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Gift Card/Stolen funds

I had a $200 gift card that I was going to use this today and it Declined.. checked the balance and I had $0 with a $200 purchase from VNLA SPEC out of New York on 8/31/2023. Now I don't even know what VNLA SPEC and this purchase was unauthorize and its ashamed that I didn't catch this sooner.

-$200.00

VNLA SPCL A 1

08/31/2023

$200.00

Desired outcome: Please Refund

Sep 28, 2023 1:20 pm EDT

12:13 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Gift Card

I found a gift card yesterday 9/4/23 that my grandpa had given to me and when I checked the balance it said I still had $100 dollars left but then I went to order something from amazon and it said insufficient fund so when I checked the balance again it said I had $0 left and the money on the card was spent on a place I have never heard of before. The name of the place is VNLA SPCL A 3 and it says I bought something worth $100 in New York even though I live in Colorado.

Desired outcome: Please refund the money, I'd appreciate a response and any information you have on how this would have happened.

Sep 28, 2023 1:19 pm EDT

C
12:29 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GiftCardMall Gift card theft of funds

$99.66 was removed from my gift card without my knowledge or consent on 5-9-2023. When I went to use the card on 8-26-23 there was only a balance of $.34 cents. See transaction history below:

Date Type Description Amount Balance

08/26/2023 Purchase Original Sale -- Pending MARSHALLS #1447 GETTYSBURG 42 17325 US -$78.38 $0.00

05/09/2023 Purchase Original Sale VNLA SPCL A New York 36 10011 US -$99.66 $0.34

Transaction Details

-$99.66

VNLA SPCL A

05/09/2023

$99.66

Retailer zip code:

12/05/2022 Value Load -- Activation 44 Natural Springs Rd Gettysburg PA US $100.00 $100.00

Refresh

Desired outcome: Please refund $99.66 on a new gift card.

Sep 28, 2023 1:19 pm EDT

C
9:43 am EDT

GiftCardMall Stolen funds

As like so many others, I had a $100 gift card that I was going to use this week. Declined.. checked the balance and found to be $0 with a $100 purchase from VNLA SPEC out of New York. I attempted to call the number on the card but cant speak to a real person. Very disappointed in the service thus far. Will probably not be purchasing again unless they correct the error and figure out who is hacking the system.

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of $100 gift card

Sep 28, 2023 1:17 pm EDT

1:14 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Devit card

Rec. $200 gift card that i purchased thru Amazon from this company and when rec had a 0 balance. Could not reg. to set a pin #. Called them and now in a up to 90 day dispute! Had to provide pictures and fill out a 3 page complaint form. Has never left my home and was in a drawer for 4 days until i went to reg it for a pin #. Someone charged exactly $200 to an online purchase to a merchant called VNLA SPEC A 3 just like another person mentioned on here. I will never buy from them again. Nightmare.

Update by Sheila Greer
Sep 29, 2023 1:00 am EDT

Finally got a new card from them. Took about a month and had to get my bank involved that i pay for my Amazon purchases. Lots of paper work and time. Asked for same info 2X but i had proof that i had sent it thru email. Amazon should consider changing gift catd companies.

Sep 28, 2023 1:16 pm EDT

L
11:58 am EDT

GiftCardMall Gift card

I purchased a gift card for travel and I have not been able to register it. When trying to register online I get errors stating cannot register at this time or takes back to the home page. The number is just an automated system and you cannot talk to anyone. I have sent emails, researched other numbers and went to their website. Nothing works unless you pay a fee for assistance. All I want to do is register the card for use. Either the card needs to be activated for use or a refund of the total fees paid. I understand now why all my children and grandchildren request I not give them this brand of gift card.

Desired outcome: Use of card or refund of purchase price of $106.95, this includes the activation fee at purchase.

Update by Lisa Molleck Walker
Sep 28, 2023 1:47 pm EDT

Gift card has been replaced.

Sep 28, 2023 1:14 pm EDT

9:44 am EDT

GiftCardMall Visa gift card

I was given a $100 visa gift card christmas 2022. I stashed it away, and then tried to use it August of 2023. I called the number on the back of the card, and checked the balance of the card. It confirmed, $100 balance. Then several hours later I went to use the card, and it now says zero balance, and a $100 purchase made that same day from "VNLA SPCL A 3". I did not make this purchase. When I try to go to their website, I get no information. When I call the toll free number, I can enter the card numbers, expiration date, and 3 digit code...but then it asks for zip code. I have never registered a zip code with this card. I tried my zip code, and the zip code in which the card was purchased, Neither work. When I try to check the balance online, it still says zero balance.

Desired outcome: Please replace the funds on the card, or send me a new card of equal value.

Sheila Greer
, US
Aug 14, 2023 1:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same thing just happened to me same merchant too VNLA SPCL A 3! $200

6:36 pm EDT

GiftCardMall Visa gift card

I received a $100 Visa gift card for Christmas 2022. I went to their site to set up a pin on 7/01/23. I received the following message, We are unable to process your request at this time. If you continue to receive this error, please contact Cardholder services by calling the number on the back of your card. I tried again a couple days later and got the same message. I tried calling the number on the back of the card and still was not able to set up a pin, but was able to check balance which showed $100. On July 20, I tried to set up a pin again and received the same message. Checked balance and it showed $0 with a $100 charge on 7/04/23. I have never used the card. When I called to find out what was going on, I was told a pin had been set up in someone else's name and a $100 charge had been made. I can dispute the charge, but they want a pic of the front and back of the card, the original purchase receipt, a bank statement that shows the original purchase, and a recent utility bill. Are you kidding me? I've already been cheated out of $100! It is pretty obvious their data base is not secure and they want me to send them enough personal info to open a bank account! I'll never see my $100 and they know it because who in their right mind would send them all that info. Interestingly enough, my $100 seems to have been used to buy another VISA gift card from the same compnay.

Desired outcome: I would like to my $100 back!

Aug 09, 2023 11:44 am EDT

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your comments and suggestions, as we are always looking to improve upon the gift card experience, We have contacted you via DM to learn more about the experience.

W
10:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GiftCardMall Gift card replacement never sent

I received this card as a gift and used it once and it was deactivated, now they want all my personal information for a gift card replacement. I tired to send the pics of the card but their email servers rejected due to size limit. I was advised to fax it, who still has a fax? I don't and sending my personal information for a company that has poor reviews and complaints, i just don't feel safe sending my information to this company. I spoke to a supervisor and manager both read me the same script they need the pic and my personal info.

There customers service dept is in El Salvador. When I called again and spoke with Kenith the manager he said well we can't help and you can't get your money

Beware buying this gift card, now I am stuck do I send my personal information or lose my money. Also I could hear laughter in the background as they explained they couldn't help me.

American Open Loop - Block - RISK

Hello,

Our team is currently working on your case CS10584368 and has the below update. Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Comments:

Hello William,

Thank you for your response.

We understand that you don't have the receipt of the purchase, don't worry, we can continue if we have the rest of the information complete, which is:

A picture of the front and the back of the card in hand

A copy of a utility bill (phone, electricity, water) that includes your mailing address.

A valid photo ID that includes your mailing address

We will be waiting for your kind response

Regards,

Daniel R

Client Experience Specialist II.

Jun 26, 2023 5:17 pm EDT

K
1:54 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GiftCardMall GiftCardMall Review: Shady Company, Terrible Customer Service, and No Follow-Through

I got a gift card from GiftCardMall and it was a real pain in the neck. The website was kind of hard to use and it took me a while to figure it out. But that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was that when I finally bought a gift certificate, they cancelled my order. I called them like five times to complain about it. The people who answered the phone were nice enough, but they just kept telling me the same thing over and over again. They said they were sorry and that they were looking into it. They said a supervisor would call me back, but that never happened. I finally got so fed up that I called them again, three months later, and demanded that they send me a check. They said they would, but I'm not holding my breath. I work for a company that buys gifts for clients all the time, and I can tell you right now that I will never use this company again.

Update: It's been a while since my last review, and I wanted to give an update. I had to call them three more times to ask for my check, which was supposed to come in two weeks. On my second call, I told them that I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau because I thought they were a scam. The next day, I got the Amazon gift cards that I had asked for back in July. I was still pretty mad that I didn't get the check they promised me, but I was so tired of dealing with them that I just took the gift cards. This company is really shady, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I think they're counting on people not being persistent enough to follow through on getting the money they were given. It's a terrible, terrible company.

1:22 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GiftCardMall GiftCardMall Review: Terrible Customer Service and No Support for Stolen Cards

Man, let me tell you about my experience with GiftCardMall. So, back in 2010, I bought two gift cards from them at Safeway - one for $500 and one for $50. But, wouldn't you know it, some thief broke into my car and stole them later that day. I was so upset, but I immediately called GiftCardMall to report the theft. After waiting on hold for half an hour and getting manager approval twice, I finally talked to a lady named Sandy. She said they would send me replacement cards and that they would arrive in 7-10 days.

Well, let me tell you, those cards did not arrive in 7-10 days. I waited until the 15th and then called back to ask about the status. This time, I talked to a man who couldn't find any of my information and then hung up on me halfway through the call. Rude, right? So, I called back again and finally got through to Sandy again. She told me the cards had been sent on the 1st and that if they hadn't arrived by Friday, I should call back.

But, surprise surprise, the cards still hadn't arrived by Friday. So, I called back again the following Monday and was told the cards had actually been sent on the 5th instead of the 1st. They told me to wait until Friday again. But, you guessed it, the cards still didn't arrive. So, I had to call back on July 26th. This time, I was put on hold nine times before finally talking to a man named Damien. He told me that because I had bought the cards at Safeway, they couldn't do anything to help me. He couldn't even find my information in their system. I asked to speak to a manager and finally got through to one. But, he told me the same thing - they couldn't help me because I bought the cards at Safeway. He even said that I needed to call Safeway myself.

Can you believe it? This company lied to me repeatedly for three weeks, didn't have any support system for cards bought outside their website, let me cancel the stolen cards but wouldn't give me a refund, and basically stole $550 from me. I would never recommend GiftCardMall to anyone.

D
12:08 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GiftCardMall Beware of Prepaid Gift Cards: My Experience with Overbestmall.com and Giftcardmall.com

So, I was in a bit of a pickle. I needed to do some online shopping, but I didn't have a Visa or Mastercard. Luckily, I remembered seeing these gift cards at my local supermarket. I decided to buy one for a hundred bucks and went on my merry way to do some online shopping.

I found a website called overbestmall.com, which went by the name of classyjersey.com. They had NHL shirts at a lower price than what shop.NHL.com was offering. I thought I hit the jackpot! Little did I know, this was a Chinese company located somewhere in New York. I ended up getting ripped off for $89.00 for a shirt that they never intended on sending me. I was horrified to learn that many others had been ripped off too!

I immediately filed claims with Visa, but boy was I wrong! I got refunded through PayPal the full amount, but was jerked around by the gift card people. I used a prepaid Visa card that had a hundred bucks on it. The people from the card sent me a dispute form and asked me to write down my side of the story and told me to fax it to an office in the Miami area. I did this exactly as instructed by the foreign-sounding operator that I could barely understand.

Two weeks passed, and I got a letter stating they never received the information that they requested. I was confused and frustrated. So, I re-faxed the items again, this time requesting a receipt that they received the fax. Of course, I got nothing back. Two weeks later, I got the same letter stating they had not received the second fax, and this time they were closing the dispute. I couldn't believe it!

I can't decide who are the bigger sleeze bags - overbestmall.com or giftcardmall.com. I decided to review this site next. Beware of those prepaid Visa and Mastercard gift cards at the supermarket. They do not carry the power of a real charge card, or at least the companies don't back them up like one that has a bank behind it. Thanks for screwing up my holidays, overbestmall.com and giftcardmall.com. You two are real sleeze bags!

GiftCardMall Customer Reviews Overview

GiftCardMall is a popular online platform that offers a wide range of gift cards for various occasions. The website has received numerous positive reviews from customers who have used their services. One of the most significant advantages of GiftCardMall is the convenience it offers. Customers can easily purchase gift cards online and have them delivered to their doorstep or sent directly to the recipient.

Another positive aspect of GiftCardMall is the variety of gift cards available. The website offers gift cards from popular brands, including Amazon, Target, and Starbucks, among others. Customers can choose from different denominations and designs, making it easy to find the perfect gift for any occasion.

GiftCardMall has also received praise for its excellent customer service. The company has a dedicated customer support team that is available to assist customers with any issues or concerns they may have. Customers have reported receiving prompt and helpful responses from the support team.

Overall, GiftCardMall is a reliable and convenient platform for purchasing gift cards. With a wide range of options and excellent customer service, it is no surprise that the website has received positive reviews from customers.

GiftCardMall In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of GiftCardMall is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the desired gift cards. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and search options, ensuring a smooth user experience.

Range of Gift Cards Offered: GiftCardMall offers an extensive range of gift cards from various popular retailers, restaurants, and online platforms. Whether you're looking for a gift card for clothing, electronics, dining, or entertainment, you'll find a wide selection to choose from.

Customization Options: GiftCardMall provides customization options for their gift cards, allowing you to add a personalized message or choose a design that suits the occasion. This adds a thoughtful touch to your gift and makes it more special for the recipient.

Purchase Process: The purchase process on GiftCardMall is straightforward and hassle-free. You can easily select the desired gift card, specify the amount, and proceed to checkout. The website accepts various payment methods, making it convenient for users.

Delivery and Shipping: GiftCardMall offers multiple delivery options, including physical delivery and electronic delivery via email. The delivery is prompt, and you can choose the most suitable option based on your preferences and time constraints.

Gift Card Activation and Balance Checking: Activating the gift cards purchased from GiftCardMall is a simple process. The instructions provided are clear, and you can easily activate the card online or through the retailer's website. Additionally, checking the balance of the gift card is convenient and can be done online or through the retailer's app.

Customer Support and Assistance: GiftCardMall provides excellent customer support and assistance. Their responsive customer service team is readily available to address any queries or concerns you may have regarding your gift card purchase or usage.

Security Measures: GiftCardMall prioritizes the security of their customers' information and transactions. They employ robust security measures to ensure the safety of personal and financial data, providing users with a secure and trustworthy platform to purchase gift cards.

Return and Refund Policy: GiftCardMall has a clear and fair return and refund policy. If you encounter any issues with your gift card purchase, they offer a hassle-free return process and provide refunds in accordance with their policy.

Loyalty Programs and Rewards: GiftCardMall offers loyalty programs and rewards, allowing users to earn points or cashback on their gift card purchases. These programs enhance the overall value for money and provide additional benefits to frequent customers.

Overall Value for Money: GiftCardMall offers great value for money with their wide range of gift cards, customization options, and loyalty programs. The convenience, flexibility, and variety make it a worthwhile platform for purchasing gift cards.

User Reviews and Ratings: GiftCardMall has received positive user reviews and ratings for their excellent service, wide selection of gift cards, and prompt delivery. Customers appreciate the convenience and reliability of the platform, making it a trusted choice for gift card purchases.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

GiftCardMall contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with GiftCardMall?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GiftCardMall Customer Service. Initial GiftCardMall complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GiftCardMall above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GiftCardMall. Discuss the issues you have had with GiftCardMall and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.