Having problems with Academy Bank?

Academy Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 712 2265 (Customer Care)
1111 Main St STE 202
Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Academy Bank Customer Service. Initial Academy Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Academy Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Academy Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Academy Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 30, 2020

Academy Bank — Bank teller customer service rep

I went in to deposit a check from my mother, deposit cash as well. On 11-30-20. At approximately 10:15 a.m...

Academy BankCard doesn’t work.. Ongoing problem

I had to get a new debit card since mine expired. Nothing but headaches since. It would work for a bit then stopped..would work at some places not others. I try to add my card to my YouTube account and to send money through messenger and Apple Pay but it says card is not supported. I call and they say nothing they can do. They say the company is going through issues and this is a common occurrence and nothing can do until they get it started. I find that crazy and a bit unbelievable that a company would have a system that messes with how most people pay for items throughout the day. I am seriously considering just switching banks.

Academy Bankcollections

My husband had an account with Academy Bank in 2015. It was closed when overdrafted, and turned over to collections. Since we discovered it was in Chex systems we have tried to pay off the balance and clear the acct. We call academy over and over, they transfer us to people that can't find the balance, or don't know what theyre even doing. We have spent weeks trying to clear this up, and people at academy are rude and extremely unhelpful.

Mar 25, 2020

Academy Bank — late payment reports and a written off account

I closed an account due to possible fraud transactions with my checking account per a letter received about...

Nov 21, 2019

Academy Bank — checking accounts 3545 and 3547

Latisha Bendixen 2201 Orchard Pl J56 Fort Collins, CO 80521 November 21, 2019 To Whom It May Concern: Re...

Nov 14, 2019

Academy Bank — service

On 11/7/19 I attempted to withdraw money from one of their atms and my card got stuck so my money NEVER...

Nov 04, 2019

Academy Bank — checking

Was passing your bank in walmart on the way to the money center, the sign said something about open a account...

Academy Bankatm

I tired taking 220.00 out of my account the money was never dispensed. I called customer service the representative laughed and told me that I have to file a dispute. I filed a dispute it's been over a week I have yet to receive a provisional credit. This is just the worse bank I have ever dealt with. Hold times are hours. I really feel like this is fraudulent they are doing this same exact thing to several customers!!!

atm
      atm

Academy Bankoverdraft charges

I received an overdraft hard on my checking account with Academy bank I wanted to call them to dispute it their time I call I cannot get through to anybody Every time I call I'm on hold for 2 hours and I can't get through the nobody know we can Anybody has any idea of a number I can call other than an 1X online please send me an email with it and let me know who I can talk to dim make it a complaint with them my email is [protected]@gmail.com

Academy Bankcredit card service

This bank is a joke. They occasionally have better interest rates than other local banks, so unless you're trying to invest in the long haul...stay away and go to a bank that's not located inside a Wal-Mart.

I had a credit builder CC in which I deposited $200. This was for small purchases to get the cycle going and eventually raise my credit. I was then charged $45 for paper statements that I thought I switched to paperless online. After two hours on hold and being transferred 5 times, I was told by a manger that I should have been checking two different websites, one for my credit card balance where I paid every month (which was paperless) and one for the bank itself.

I have three other CC's that send me one bill, use one website and I'm sure the majority of the world is the same way.

Instead of charging my CC for the paper statements to simplify the process and just let me pay it off with my balance, the bank removed money from my original deposit which then ended up maxing out my credit card. I had a balance of $130.00, when the credit limit dropped to $155. This then red flagged trans Union and I dropped 40 points on my credit score.

This is a shady move Academy Bank, and I will be letting people know how you operate. I WAS a customer since 2011, now I will make sure you lose customers moving forward.

By the way...You can keep the money, I don't want it back! I'll give my money to a real bank institution

Academy Bankdebit card transaction

On may 2, 2019 I noticed a charge of $98 on my account. I called they transfers me to the fraud department. They told me that it happened that morning and it was not paid yet that it would be credited back to my account my debit card was counciled and I was given a new one. They Told me what was charged and where. I noticed that this charge has been added back to my account.
            I called again and asked why this was on my accountant again. They told me that the company said that I was responsible for this charge which is [censored]. Where was this dress sent to at the time this happened I was in a federal halfway house. My bank account was monitored buy the feds. I am not responsible for this charge. I would like to keep my account with your bank but I am not going to pay it. If this is the best way I'm going to be treated I want to close my account. I hope we can resolve this matter.

Aug 09, 2019

Academy Bank — I was overcharged and then charged an overdraft fee

I made a debit card transaction to cricket wireless on August 01, 2019 (never had any prior issues) (totally...

Academy Banksavings account

account name: sheryl redoble
              account no.[protected]

hi kindly check if it is true that my fiancee opened account for me. he told me to tranferred the $50, 000 to my philippine bank account, when i did the transferring academy bank sent emailed saying that i have to pay $8400 to be able to make money tranfer to my philippine bank account and i only have two days to process the payment and if ever i cannot pay the said amount my bank account will deactivated by them and the money will be forfeited . and if payment made they will transfer back to my account in academy the $8400, i dont have that big amount converting to Philippine money that will be PHP420, 000.00 so i emailed them telling that pls debit the said amount to my academy account but they told me that it is against the policy of academy bank... my fiancee's friend help me to pay the $7834.40 and i the balance $420 4 hrs late then they sent me another email telling that my payment is late so i have to pay $4800.00 if i di not make the payment my account will be closed and it will be deactivated again for the second time but the worst is it will be closed.Is there such things as that?. i really dont know if my fiancee really opened an account for me or it is just a scam yet i already deposited PHP22, 000.00 from the philippine representative.. i have all the said conversation with the academy bank call center representative kindly help me andplease email your answer at [protected]@yahoo.com

Jul 26, 2019

Academy Bank — I filed a dispute the dispute #is 75404

Subject: Dispute 75404 Urgent Matter customer is stranded in another state Hi my name is Yohance Huffman. I...

Academy Bankchex systems

Academy Bank kept an acct open. Then reported my acct to chex sys stating I owed them $82. I have since paid them that money, but 18 months later, they're still reporting to chex systems for same amount. They will not help. I've called many times, and I get directed over to collections, but collections Never picks up the phone. Only voicemail. No calls are returned. What a nightmare bank!! The worst. I can't open an account anywhere because of them. I will not give themn anymore of my hard earned money. I've already given them 82. That should've never been charged.
                Payments were done January [protected]... stop ruining lives!!!

Academy Bankpiece of garbage that's so far behind the times

Good job of ur system locking out my gfs card while she is on vacation. Yes because nothing absolutely nothing happens past 7 pm CEntral Standard Time. I mean people don't go out to dinner. People don't catch late night movies and all flights arrive prior to this time.

This isn't 2003. If ur system is flagging suspicious activity at all hours of the day and evening then you better make sure you have a toll free number available that is equally accessible! It's absolutely inexcusable that someone with 10 k in her savings cannot check into her room because of an automated system flag.

Academy Banksecured card

I deposited a total amount of $300.00 on March 6th, and on the 8th it was cleared. Today March 11th I'm showing on my account there is a pending transaction of $300.00 I haven't even received the card yet? Why are you guys stealing money? I don't owe your company money. This is not a good first experience, and won't be recommending anyone too this bank in the future. I feel like I've been robbed. And I will be contacting my card that I used too deposit those funds too receive a refund if this is not corrected within 24hrs.

Academy Bankrefund lost

We purchased an airline ticket..5 days later cancelled it and were refunded in full. Academy Bank has "lost" this refund. We have provided the ARN# of the money being wired into our account yet Academy Bank denies receiving it. It's been 27 days and still no money deposited into our account. Academy states we need to dispute the original purchase rather than doing research as to what they did with our cash. This was on a debit card...cash taken immediately...cash returned to Academy but never to the customer. Can you say FRAUD!!

Academy Bank — high fees, high interest loans, and when you really need them, they are not there

I have banked with Academy for ten years. During that time I have paid so many fees, some of which were my...

Academy Bank — card services

I am having trouble transferring and withdrawing from an atm. When calling with the card number on the back...