Having problems with ABSA Bank?

ABSA Bank Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 008 600 (General Enquiries)
+27 860 557 557 (Fraud Hotline)
+27 800 414 141 (Complaint Resolution Suite)
+27 115 015 050 (Lost & Stolen Cards)
+27 115 015 110 (Digital Banking)
+27 113 354 019 (Retail International Banking)
+27 860 109 085 (Credit Cards (Premium)
+27 861 114 411 (Credit Cards (Gold Card)
+27 861 788 888 (Absa Rewards)
+27 860 111 630 (Car Insurance)
+27 861 227 284 (Travel Insurance)
+27 113 504 000 (Head Office, Johannesburg)
7th Floor, Barclays Towers, West 15 Troye Street
Johannesburg
South Africa - 5241
Locations

Retail International Banking
Service Centre
170 Main Street, Johannesburg, 2001

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ABSA Bank Customer Service. Initial ABSA Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ABSA Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ABSA Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with ABSA Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

ABSA BankPoor service

I'm so disgusted by the service u received at Absa Centurion mall. I was served by a Mary Sibeko on the 8th of January 2021
She has no customer service at all. She called me to come through, when I got to her desk she kept on doing her own stuff, communicating with her colleagues. 10 minutes later she left with another client leaving me alone for about 15 -20 minutes without any explanation. I decided to leave her desk and went back to the queue hoping I will be called by another consultant to be assisted. She came back called me to come back to her desk. She continued ignoring me, taking pictures of the son of the client that she left with. No apology or anything given. She continued taking pictures of the boy saying the boy looks like one of her boyfriend's. She ignored me for a further 10 minutes and attend to me without giving excuse. When she finished attending me, I told her I'm not happy about her service. All she said was " okay, sorry'. I'm honestly pissed. I don't think I will ever visit Absa Centurion mall

ABSA BankBAD SERVICE BY Ragane Pillay

I went 2 the bank at East gate. The issue was the new blocked card. Spent more than 2hrs & discovered that the cards was still not working at the ATM refers me to the bank. Went back inside, I was sent from 1 teller to another as the excused was the system was not working properly, at some point I was told to wait next to the clients who was being serviced at the time while waiting for my issue to be resolved. The other teller at would leave me waiting while banding at her desk trying to sort filling destroying cards of the client who had left earlier. The bank about 2 close as my problem was still not resolved when Rangane promised to call me on the 24 Dec 2020. Till to date I am still waiting!

ABSA BankCredit limit increase

Good day,

This is a very unprofessional approach to tele marketing.
      I've always been nice to tele amrketers or tried to because they are also just doing their job.

On the 11th of Dec 2020 a consultant called. I was pre approved for a credit limit increase on my credit card. This is wonderful news in light of the year we've been through, COVID, Financial struggles, worries etc. and to top it all its just before Christmas. R45K... My mind was racing as to all the little and big things we could do with a helping hand from ABSA.

The lady (can't remember her name) was super nice, explained to me, did a check on my cheque account for income and expenses. Your approved, you'll receive communication ASAP and your limit will be increased shortly. IF you review the tape and I'm wrong - apologies.

Next moment I receive a sms to say that the application was unsuccessful. Not a phone call, not and explanation - just a sms.
      I call the number on the sms to ask why?? and the reason was I do not qualify due to low income and insufficient funds. What a surprise, could hardly believe my ears. The consultant logged a call for a complaint, and the matter will be resolved... HOW?? The consultant merely explained that I misunderstood the call of the 11th - what a great answer to give an upset client without even making sure what was said in the previous conversation.

This is very unprofessional, very sad and depressing and very bad timing - this being said I DIDN'T EVEN APPLY FOR A CREDIT INCREASE... False hope.

I've asked for all telephone offers or communication to be stopped immediately because I will not be answering any call relating to ABSA. If I have a problem/query I'll contact you.

I really hope this happened only to me and not to other people as well... although I doubt it.

Charne-Lee Smit

W
        Dec 11, 2020

ABSA Bank — Enrolment

Good day My car was reposed on the 3rd December 2020 I am under debt review for from February 2019 and ABSA...

ABSA BankVehicle department and complaints department

Good day

I went to Verdi center absa branch to get my car papers which I have not received when I paid off my car in 2013 as the northcliff branch has closed down.

The assistant there did attempt to help but was told a long story by the call center.
        I then contacted the complaints department and spoke to daisy thoaoane, was given a reference number, C08153091 and was told someone will call me to assist but nobody did.

I called again and tabatha shirley diole told me someone will assist me but I'm still waiting for a call back.

The service received from the organization is pathetic. I would like this matter to be finalized as soon as possible.

ABSA BankCession cancelation

[protected] mortgage loan
          HJ en AJ van der walt
          Sanlam policies 44074113x0 and 44069718x3 was seeded for security
          the bond is settled but the cessions is not cancelled on Sanlam record
          yet

please send to Kemptonpark office to cancel the sessions from their side
          regards
          [protected]

M
            Nov 21, 2020

ABSA Bank — Credit card that was blocked without being notified

I am an absa credit card client from 2007 till to date. On October 2020 I tried using credit card but it...

D
            Nov 21, 2020

ABSA Bank — Customer treatment after covid-19

I have been an ABSA customer for many years for my personal and business needs. I never defaulted on...

ABSA BankVehicle finance

I have made an eft payment to absa vehicle finance for the amount of R3400, on the 24/7/2020, I have been to absa branch called vehicle finance and they could not help although I provided proof of payment, the collection department is also not helpful stating they cannot see the payment although I have emailed thr proof,
            My bank Nedbank did due deligence and found the funds went out of the account and did not return besides that the reference and account number has been the same on all the other payments they received,
            Now I am noy being assisted bit being sent to and fro. Frustrating

ABSA BankDelay in processing my credit card

I am writing to file a complaint regarding delay of processing my credit card. Its now taken one month and I do not have it and I am missing out on very important transactions. I still have no concrete feedback regarding where my card has reached. I submitted my request to Ntinda Branch.

My name is Timothy Kiyemba
              ABSA Bank, Uganda
              Account Number : [protected]

R
                Nov 03, 2020

ABSA — Car insurance

My name is Rachel Mamabolo, I lodged a Motor claim with Absa on the 8th of October, I was told I was going to...

ABSA BankCancellation of bond and collection of title deed

I am totally frustrated with ABSA Bank in handling my request with no success. It ha been a few months and it has incurred serious financial constraints on my business. Help is non existent. A bank that I will no longer associate with. I have been dealing with Lorriane and had no success. My Title Deed has gone missing. It has been a few weeks that I signed documents requested and to date no application for a duplicate has been done.

I am now paying mora interest on the property that I have purchased because I cannot transfer my property concerned that I have sold.

ABSA BankIncorrect cell phone number on absa loan

Everyday my daughter is called on her cell phone or sms to say her account is in arrears. She does not now nor ever has banked with ABSA. We have tried contacting [protected] ABSA Complaint Resolution but to no avail. They have requested we go to the branch and speak to someone. Who will pay for her time off work and or my time? It was not her fault for the incorrect number used on the loan application or captured incorrectly. We will now go about getting a cease and desist issued against ABSA and invoice them for the attorneys letter.

ABSA Bank South AfricaOnline banking

I downloaded 3 months statements on my smart phone but it's not lying at my downloads. (I tried 3 times). Then I went and look at "my files" on my phone. Also not there. Then I went on my laptop. As soon as I log into my account, the whole page is blank. (I tried twice). Is there something wrong with absa online banking?

They must not deduct money from me for the downloads, because it's not working at all.

Please let me know what is going on asap as I need my 3 months statements!

Antoinette Ekron
                    [protected]

S
                      Sep 14, 2020

ABSA Bank — Personal loan settlement

On the 28 August 2020, I lodged a formal complaint to ABSA, after having received communication form their...

ABSA BankRemoval process

In 2014 I was dismissed and placed on reds list. I now want to clear my name and after numerous attempts have contacted banking services association, FSB, FSCA without joy and being referred to originator of listing I contacted ABSA. I was referred to Stephen Kgomo who referred me back to fsca (providing invalid contact details to add to frustration). No information as to process could be provided by ABSA, only a messaged to contact FSCA whom I did and was again told they only deal with debarment not reds listing. FSCA have confirmed that I was debarred by ABSA. Process to get re-instated is to work for fsp under supervision but that cannot happen until my name has been cleared from REDS list.

Could anyone at ABSA assist with removing my said aforementioned listing or direct my enquiry to correct department or outside organisation who can assist.

G
                        Sep 10, 2020

ABSA Bank — Flexi reserve on my home loan

I Gloria Makgoga account number [protected]. for the Past years we have been withdrawing money from...

ABSA BankBusiness account new application

We have been trying to open a new business banking account with Absa for 3 weeks. After numerous attempts telephonically and electronically we have given up. After one electronic enquiry with First National Bank we were contacted within 5 minutes and had an account opened within another 10 minutes.

After being an extremely long standing client (both my business associate and I), we would like to know why Absa has become so inefficient.

The Absa Business Consultants we have had dealings with in the attempt to open the account are Sinhle and Andy.

Business Name : Say It With Mosaic/Mosaic
                        Directors: DA Loots & TJ Stone

ABSA BankLost funds

Since January 2020 I have been trying to get ABSA to tell me where my funds are. We have emigrated to Australia in 2016, and there were still funds in my ABSA credit card. I have a statement that indicates the funds were transferred to my cheque account... which was closed in the meantime. Since then, I have been thrown to-and-fro between departments, with no-one willing or able to tell me where the finds are, and why it cannot be made available to me.

On 24 August 2020 I registered another query, only to receive a notice on 4 September 2020 that it has been closed - no correspondence, no feedback, nothing.

This is getting more frustrating by the day, as they are aware we are in Australia, and it seems there is just a lack of any kind of customer service, integrity or any kind of professionalism.

If you could assist it would be great.

Regards

Samantha Pieterse

B
                            Sep 04, 2020

ABSA Bank — Very bad and poor customer service.

I ordered a new cheque and credit card on the 24th of february 2020 at absa branch bela-bela, to be delivered...