Bank of Americascam and fraud!

D

I did a wire transfer using bank of america in baltimore MD johns hopkins branch to my own account in India using SWIFT codes. I was told that india is a slow to pay country and it takes about 3 weeks and no investigations would be don't till then. It has been 2 and a half months and it hasn't gone through. My bank in india has not received any information regarding this from bank of america and the bank of america is not willing to help. Every time i contact them they tell me that they are sending e-mail to the bank in india to find the status and that the money is in india and nothing can be done about it and it is possible that i lose my money. I have no clue as to how to go about it.

• Wi
    willie herring Mar 14, 2015

Fees, fees banks are doing whatever possible to get fees no matter what type banking fees are attached

• Gk
    GKP Feb 21, 2015

Hello,

I am no longer in USA from last 1 year. One day while checking my accounts I realized Bank of america charging me monthly fee from many months. I did not like it at all and contacted them.

My money was deducted for many months but refund was provided for just 1 month. Adding to woes, I was not even provided any good solution and money kept on deducting from my account. We expect while we are away at least our bank will take care of our money, I realized their goal was to empty my account gradually ...
    Not Good.

Usually service representative should themself change account transfers so that customer do not suffer, it did not happen. Instead I was explained conditions and was blamed I did not listen to policy while opening account.

We expect service should be provided the way its provided when they find a new customer. Else this bank would end up losing their customers.

Please close my account.

Thank you.

• Cb
    cborenia Jun 24, 2014

I was taken by Countrywide refinance which should have NEVER happened. Then Bank of America took over. I did Making Home Affordable when my husband was out of work for nearly 2 years. My interest rate was 4.50%. I just did another MHA thinking that my interest rate would go down but it stayed at 4.50% and my payment went down $30. It was never mentioned to me about Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae loans. I could use it now since my house is barely standing, in need of a lot of repairs. What can I do? I tell Bank of America about my financial situation and they tell me that's all that they can do for me. There has got to be some thing or some other place I can try. All they talk about is a short sale. Where am I supposed to go with that? I still lose. You need money to move. Can some other place give you a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac if you don't have one? I really need help. I need to lower my interest rate but keep they years that are left 27 to be exact. At the rate I'm going I will still be paying off my home at 81 years of age. HELP!!

• Bo
    B.Okelley Mar 19, 2014

The bank did the same exact thing to me. Slapping me with a $25.00 fee & i have been with them now 15 to 20 yrs. Called the bank & was told that I would have to start paying this fee every month from now on. This upsets me so much that BOA started up with these ridiculous charges of 25.00 a month. I will be switching banks on account of this & them trying to steal from me a loyal customer of many yrs.

Marlene Pabon May 22, 2013

There is a charge of $25.00 on my acct., from FB, which I have not authorized..it was on the 17 of May, 2017...went through on the 20th of May, 2017. I need to know why is there a charge and why? I need this charge put back into my acct. a.s.a.p.

• Mi
    missionary_dave38 Feb 22, 2013

I went to Bank of America in December to close my account because I am not living in the country right now, and they do not have a sister branch where I am living. The teller withdrew my money from my savings and checking account, and handed me my money. The other day person handling my mail received a notice from Bank of America stating that I owe $14.03. It said that when I withdrew the money I did it by 3 cents, and there a maintenance fee of $14. I called the bank, and told them that I closed the account that I shouldn't have to pay. The rep stated that I overdrew the account by 3 cents, and that I have to pay a maintenance fee because the account is not closed. I told the representative that I went in, closed the account, and their rep is the one that pulled the money. She said that she will cancel the $14, but I still have to pay the 3 cents.

madonenow Feb 15, 2013

I made a cash deposit into my landlords account and she never recieved it. i called the bank and they have no record of my deposit ever being made. i did receive a receipt and then i lost it. there are cameras there and i know those can prove my story. they will not help me at all unless i have the receipt. i dont know what i can do other than be out $545. I feel as if they are doing this on purpose or that someone messed up big. i want my money back. i can't pay my bills because I had to pay it all over again. this is not right.

• Ca
    casparkie Jan 01, 2013

I have the same thing going on, I took a $20, 766.. loan in 1995, it was suppose to be an 'Accessibility Loan' low Int. and payments for disabled persons on a fixed income.
    The LOW Int.rate is 8.53% for 25 years. I had a checking account with automatic payment taken out on the 1st. of the month. Their payment was deducted the second my SSI payment was deposited into my account. About 7 or 8 months went by and I got a notice that my home was in foreclosure because I had missed one (1) payment of $170.55. I asked how that could be when they got paid before I had access to my money. Well, the woman got a flustered and had to check on that and would get back to me. They had to MODIFY the loan and I had to pay fee's to do this.

Then in Sept. of 2017 they applied the Oct. payment to Sept. so it shows 2 payments made in Sept. and none in Oct. I said does that look feasible? I have an income of $848.00 a month, why would I make two payments in a month and none the next. They just ignore this and keep on about missed payments.

I closed my checking account with them in 2017 and every month I take the cash into the bank and pay it in person and get a receipt. BUT they still insist that I have missed a payment, or 2 or 3 depending who I talk to. And the year and the months of these missed payments keep changing. The last notice was 3 missed payment's, two (2) in 2017 and one (1) in 1996. I have asked in writing oh, 6-7 times or more for the past 2+ years to show me proof of these missed payments, and to give me copies of every piece of paper they have on me for this loan and my checking account, they keep telling me that the loan history is so old they can't find it.. I told them in that case I guess I don't have a loan with them, and to send me paper's showing the loan paid off. That has not happened.

My credit rating is so bad now I can't get refinancing anywhere, even though the house is worth around $450, 000.00 and the balance on this mortgage is about $13, 000.00. I have paid Bank of America approx. $34, 792.20 for this $20, 000.00 loan and that is not counting the extra fees for that mistake of theirs back in 1995/96. I still have 7 years left on the loan.for a total of $51, 165.00. That's $30, 399.00 in Interest.

Here is another illegal thing Bank of America does...according to 'AARP' " they deduct overdraft fees from customers 'Social Security' deposit. In a class action lawsuit filed in 1998 they were accused of illegally seizing the directly deposited Social Security funds of beneficiaries without their consent, to pay bank fees they ALLEGEDLY owed. From 1994 to 2017 the bank collected $280 million in overdraft fees from S.S. deposits. Bank of America lost the case in 2017 and was ordered to pay up to $1 billion in damages." " AARP and other consumer groups, filed a friend of the court brief noting that state law protects S.S. deposits from creditors that do not use the judicial process to collect debts." "Social Security is meant for basic necessities" says AARP lawyer Barbara Jones. "Banks can't just go into people's accounts and take money needed for food or rent or health care".*
    *(from an article published in 'Parade magazine' date unknown, )

Bank of America will also pay an electronic debit over and over again, and then deduct overdraft fees. They did this to me, a Co. kept running the same charge through my account and even though I put a 'stop payment' on it, at a charge of $20.00, BofA kept paying it. I owed this Co. around $125.00 for a purchase I made and BofA paid them over $1, 000.00 out of my account. I finally got BofA to return about $300.00 of that to my account..

footnote*
    I borrowed that money to make repairs to my house, now I need to make some of the same repairs again, and I have a water pipe leaking and it is rotting the wood floor in the bath around the shower. I don't know when the shower is going to fall through the floor, but soon I think. The tile step into it has crumbled and I put bricks around it. One of these days I may get so fed up with BofA that I will tell them to take the house, won't they be happy when they find out the floors are rotted and molded, the plumbing needs to be re piped, and the electrical system is about shot. Well, the house was built in 1956, if I could get refinancing with a decent Int. rate things would get fixed.

• Di
    Dianne Olson Oct 30, 2012

I currently am the owner of a tax preparation/representation business. I have a Bank of America VISA card on which I put all my expenses. I don't always pay it off each month. So I do incur interest charges. However, I did pay it off in September 2017. I also charged some expenses on it. When I received my bill, they showed that I had paid off the total amount and it was posted well ahead of the due date. I also noticed there was an interest charge on the bill. When I called Bank of America, the customer service rep told me it was residual. I told her that is BS. She then removed it from my bill. This is so typical of the big bully Bank of America, hoping you won't notice when they slip charges in. I had charged $350 some dollars and they computed interest on $600 something. They had no right to do this. You only charge interest if the bill is not fully paid. I just received this bill and plan to pay it. It's not about the small amount of interest. It is about doing this to customers and raking in what they can hoping you don't notice. Bank of America is a dishonest, greedy, terrible bank. It is hard to change banks when we have three accounts. I am submitting this complaint against Bank of America.

• Te
    Teresa Higgins Oct 30, 2012

Filed a complaint with better business bureau and got an email saying needing more info but cannot get to site they sent me. I have been trying to do a loan modification with BAC and I am not getting anywhere with them they tell me its in process and everything looks good well now I am getting foreclosure letters to appear in court after Thanksgiving.
    I dont understand why they are so difficult to work with. I have been in my home for 21 years and trying to keep it.. I have no where to go and cannot get any help. I have given them everything they have asked for to get this loan approved. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH THIS BANK

• Me
    Meagen B. Aug 01, 2012

I was cashing my payroll checks at Bank of America. They kept HARPING on me to open an account. Finally the Assistant Manager told me about an $150 cash offer to set up an eBanking account. He did not mention that it required any other type of direct deposit other than using the ATM machine to conduct all of my business, which I did. When I went to check on the money to be rewarded to me - I was told by an online customer service rep (CHAT) that I needed to have direct deposit on the account. No attempt to apologize or offer to deposit the money - just wham bam - you're stupid ma'am. Well, I have news for them...it's just as easy to close my account as it was to open it. Except they seem to forget about the internet and the power of a REALLY ANGRY customer...or should I say soon to be ex-customer.

• Bu
    busybees Jun 13, 2012

it sounds like to me quit simply you dont keep enough money in your account. i used to get fees all the time, and it would be because i would spend more than i have. i dont think its fair that the bank get to make money off of me, but they were very clear. if you dont wont to be charged then dont spend more than you have. i since started to use the tools that the bank have to monitor my day by day expenses. i now have a phone app that i love. the online banking gives me the info to help me to not over spend. i look at my checking more closely now. the bank will never get another fee from me again.

• Su
    Suzanne D Johnson May 30, 2012

We have been bank of america customers for the past two years or so. Since then we have lost ALOT of money due to fee's. Bank of America has charged us money for transfering money from one account to another, They make transfers and then charge us. I had to run to the store yesterday. I came online and looked at my bank info. Even when something is not processed yet, it says.. processing. I had 120.00 in my account. When I was at the store I called my husband and asked could he transfer in case i went over 100. So he did.. he transfered 100.00. I spent under 100.00 at the store. This morning we stopped for a coffee and a few little things totaling under 20.00. Today I expected to find we had about 75. in the bank. No..it now shows a negative balance AND a 10.00 fee for overdraft protection?! For what? who knows! Last week I got a 10.00 fee ..after transfering my very last 5.00 from one account to another so I could take out 10.00 cash which I needed. ( so I would not go over) Then we ended up being charged 12.00 from the bank for overdraft protection due to the bank's 2.00 fee for atm. This bank charges us for EVERYTHING! When I call they always have some kind of reason and their statements don't even make sense. They change info and you cannot possibly follow their statements. I am NOT a happy customer and am getting very tired of all the games they play.

• Kb
    K.B.G May 30, 2012

Please know that you are NOT alone in this total disaster of a Bank. They have screwed me over so bad it's not even funny. They have destroyed my credit so badly that i will never be able to get another mortgage and get this, it wasn't even my fault. It was a TOTAL error on BOA's part but i'm paying the price for THEIR mistake!! My mortgage is up to date after fighting with them for 2 YEARS and they STILL send me foreclosure notices. I finally contacted the State Attorney General's Office who is helping me which ALL consumers should do, but it has been a nightmare. BOA has only had my mortgage for 3 years and the last 2 have been horrible. Of course I would have NEVER gotten a mortgage w/BOA but my mortgage was sold to them like so many others. What totall gets me is the fact that they were bailed out by the government, sued for falsifying records and still screw the consumer over. At what point is somebody going to hold them responsible for their actions????

• Dr
    Dr.Zing May 22, 2012

SKOR does have a car. She drives it to work at the Tavern on 74. Why she would come here and lie, well, she does lie all the time. Kelley, stop telling lies.

• SKOR May 20, 2012

Every time you come back and post, you sound even more desperate and deranged than you did before. Whatever really happened, you have obviously got busted and are in a lot of trouble...a kind word from a poster here will not assist you. If you end up in court over this, no judge will care if the internet agrees with you - you need a GOOD LAWYER.

I doubt a good lawyer would waste their time on someone who starts by asking them what car they drive (as if it can tell you anything about the person). A good lawyer will also wonder why you kept this account a secret from your husband if the money was for your father (why would anyone hide that from their spouse?), or why you called BOA six months ago and specifically told them your husband must never know about these accounts (even though he was never listed on the accounts to start with). A good lawyer will wonder why a woman with 12 cars and rental property is hiding a secret account (for her father) in the first place, or why BOA would call and follow up over $8.00 outstanding (even if it was their mistake), considering your assets and wealth...banks treat rich people very differently. Or why BOA would follow up with her husband instead of the account holder (or even how BOA got his name and telephone number - he was never on the account in the first place).

You specifically asked PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT OR IF I CAN DO ANYTHING - the answer is you need legal counsel, which is not available on complaintsboard.com. The challenge for you is being sensible and reasonable long enough to talk to a lawyer - you could very well end up making things even worse for yourself.

Whatever decision you make, I wish you luck, and may God bless you and lead you through this.

thank you to m3cents.com
    AND TO YOU SKOR THE FIRST TIME I CALLED THE PERSON THAT SAID THAT THEY DID THE RIGHT THING WAS HELPING THE PERSON THAT SAID IT. THE NEXT TIME I CALLED I TALKED TO A SUPERVISER AND THE 2 I TALKED TO SAID THAT I WAS RIGHT THAT IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED AND THAT THE PERSON WILL BE IN TROUBLE FOR IT.
    I BET THE CAR YOU OR YOUR "CHAUFFEUR" DRIVES IS A FORD 90% OF FORD DRIVERS ARE ASSHOL%$ THE OTHER 10% ARE JUST MISS PLACE AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU IS WHY THIS WORLD IS SO NASTY AND DIRTY BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A KIND WORD IN YOU HEART OR MIND ALL YOU THINK OF IS WHO AND HOW AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO THE NEXT PERSON THAT COMES YOUR WAY. I HOPE THAT YOU NEVER HAVE KIDS THEIR WORLD WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE SHAM ON YOU FOR BEING SO NASTY AND BEING ON A THIS PAGE TO HELP PEOPLE YOU ARE MOST LIKELY GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF AND THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN! ENJOY YOUR LIFE AS IT IS THE WAY YOU WANT IT!

• M3C QueenBee May 19, 2012

OZMAMA ..Most of these members on this site are trolls. They trash all the reviews like SKOR here. You should post this on my3cents.com where the members are much civil then the trash on this site.

• SKOR May 19, 2012

Your first post: 'WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THAT THEY CAN TELL MY HUSBAND EVERYTHING HE WANTED TO KNOW THAT IS THE LAW.'
    Your last post: 'WHEN I CALLED BOA THEY DID SAY THAT THE PERSON THAT DID CALL MY HUSBAND WAS WRONG AND IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER OF HAPPENED!'
    Which one is it?

And I do not drive myself...my chauffeur drives me everywhere I go. What a silly question.

OZMAMA May 19, 2012

NOT TRUE BOA DID DO WHAT I SAID AND NO IT WAS NOT THAT I WANTED BOA TO HELP ME HIDE MY ACCOUNTS.
    THESE ACOUNTS WERE FOR MY FATHER AND HE DID NOT WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT THEM. IT WAS NOT ANYONES BIZ BUT ME AND BOA, NOW THAT MY FATHER PASSED MY FICA IS VERY HIGH I DO NOT HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH PAYING MY BILLS. ALL THAT MY HUSBAND AND I OWN IS PAID FOR WE OWE NOTHING ON OUR HOME, 12 CARS, AN A40X40 2STORY SHOP WITH A APT. ON THE TOP FLOOR. THIS WAS A MISSHAP. I AM NOT MAKING ANYTHING UP. WHEN I CALLED BOA THEY DID SAY THAT THE PERSON THAT DID CALL MY HUSBAND WAS WRONG AND IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER OF HAPPENED! OS BEFORE YOU MAKE A COMMENT LIKE YOU DID WITH OUT KOWING ALL ABOUT IT YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE A COMMENT LIKE YOU DID.!! OH I ALWAYS USE CAPS ON I HAVE VERY POOR EYE SIGHT! SO DON'T SUME YOU KNOW ALL, I AM SURE YOU NO WHAT THAT MEANS.

THIS WAS JUST A MISSHAP. I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ANYONE. I DO KNOW THAT MY INFO IS MINE AND IT IS NOT TO BE GIVEN TO ANYONE BUT ME ULESS I GIVE MY PERMISHION TO GIVE IT OUT! THE THAT IS THE LAW AS A USA SIDDASON MY RIGHTS ARE SHOULD BE SAFE AND MY RIGHT IS NOT TO JUST GIVE MY INFO OUT TO ANYONE AS LONG AS I AM ALIVE. AM I RIGHT? IF NOT THEN WE DO NOT LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE! MY SPELLING IS NOT THE BEST AS I HAVE A TROUBLE WITH SPELLING I DO USE THE SPELL CHECK BUT IT DOES NOT ALWAYS GET THE MISS SPELLED WORDS. ON THING I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM YOU SKOR IS WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVR?

• SKOR May 19, 2012

1. Caps lock
    2. Paragraphs
    3. You are either making stuff up, or leaving important details out. No bank is going to give out account information to someone who is not listed on those accounts, or call their husband (instead of the account holder) over $8.00 owing - you must have had some history with your accounts and debts. One guess is that you recently applied to refinance existing debt.

The problem is not BOA...the problem is that you are trying to hide your debts from your husband, and expect the bank to help you.

OZMAMA May 19, 2012

FIRST OF ALL I PAY MY CARDS ON TIME AND I DO PAY MORE THE WHAT I NEED TO PAY BUT THIS TIME I PAID WHAT THEY AS FOR THE 8.00 THAT WAS STILL OWED THAT I DID NOT KNOW I WAS SHORT WAS NOT BECAUSE I DON'T PAY MY BILLS. I PAY MY BILLS ON TIME EVERY TIME THEY ARE DUE! WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT WERE IT WENT WRONG I AM VERY SURE IT WAS BOA FULT AS IF YOU LOOK AT MY PAYMENTE I AM ON TIME AND I PAY AHEAD. SO I AM NOT TRING TO GET OUT OF THIS! WHAT MAKES ME MAD IS THEY DID NOT TRY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AT ALL!
    BUT NOT ONLY DID THEY GIVE HIM ALL THE INFO ON THIS ACCOUNT BUT ON ALL MY OTHER ACCOUNTS. THESE ACCOUNTS I HAVE HAD FOR MANY YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN IN MY NAME. PLUS MY HUSBAND DID NOT HAVE MY INFO TO BE ABLE TO GET ALL MY INFO NOT THE PASSWORD OR THE OTHR INFO. SO TELL ME WHY SHOULD HE BE ABLE TOI GET THE INFO ON ALL MY ACCOUNT. BOA EVEN GAVEN HIM ALL THE INFO FOR MY OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT THER WAS NOT ANY TROUBLE ON IT. NOW YOU TELL ME IF YOU HAD SOME ACCOUNTS FOR A LONG TIME AND YOU TOOK CARE OF THEM ON YOUR OWE AND A TIYPO IN YOUR PAYMENT AND SOME ONE IN YOUR FAMILY WAS TOLD ABOUT IT AND THE THE CARD COMP TOOLED THEM EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR CARDS ALL OF THEM NOT JUST THE ONE TELL ME HOW YOU WOULD FEEL! I HAD A PASS CODE ON MY ACCOUNT AND HE DID NOT KNOW IT SO WHO IS IN THE WRONG!

• SKOR May 16, 2012

When you sign up for a credit card, you are required to list your TOTAL annual household income on the application. If that total included income from your husband, he is a guarantor on the account, and has legal access to the account information (as he can be legally held liable for unpaid balances).

Given that you admit you were late in paying off your balance, and insist you do not know how you were late (really? you do not know?), it is reasonable for the bank to decide you are not capable of managing your debt, and instead go to the guarantor for payment.

It sounds like you are asking if you can get compensation because the bank spoke to your husband, and did not call or email you first...none of that would have happened if you acted responsibly with your debt and paid your bills on time.

OZMAMA May 16, 2012

I do not know how but I was 8.00 late to my boa card. I am the only one on the card and I was not e. Mailed or mailed or called about it. 1 week befor the new bill was do my husband got a call from boa and they told him all about my 2 cards how much I have on them and how he could find out all about any of my accounts. I did not tell my husbend anything about my accounts. They are mine not his and his name is not on them and he did not no my password or any other info but he got all of the info. I had 6 months ago call boa and told them that he was niot able to get any info on my cards. When I called them they said that they can tell my husband everything he wanted to know that is the law. The thing is they never contacted me but found my husbands cell phone # and called him. I think this is bull! Please let me know what or if I can do anything.

• Gb
    GBeam May 13, 2012

Well we are in America but banks like Bank of America is owned by China and other countries, because we buy from China and every thing you see in the stores are from China. They are making a lot of money from the Americans. They love us because their citizens don't buy very 3 or 4 years like furniture and they or some may buy furniture ever 10 years. I had an instructor that traveled to China for business and he was told this from another Chinese Businessman.

• Gb
    GBeam May 13, 2012

My relative is have went through this same scenario and after 2 years they putting the house on auction sale in one month and going through NACA and B of A (Loan Modified Loan Specialist) stated to forward all documents to NACA (Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America), The notice for the auction sale was posted on the gate of the secured community. It so happened a neighbor that is a real estate agent give it to my relative and informed her and now my relative is going through a Quick Sale and the RE Agent will negotiate for the quick sale or short sale process. The relative has received info from the RE agent & stated the banks only want to talk RE for Short Sale.

My relative was doing the Home Affordable Modification loan.

Remember and that I heard China owns Bank of America.

Now my relative is going through the below program with a RE Agent or called the "Short Sale".
    Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives

The Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) program was developed to give homeowners a way to settle their mortgage debt without going through a foreclosure.

The goal of this program is to help you sell your home in a short sale and settle your mortgage debt if you owe more on your mortgage than your house is worth and are unable to qualify for a home loan assistance program.

This federal government program streamlines the short sale approval process and offers financial assistance to help you with relocation.

You may be eligible for the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives program if:

the property is your current principal residence, OR the property has been vacant or rented out for less than 12 months, and you have not bought another principal residence during that time.

the amount you owe on your first mortgage for your property is equal to or less than:

$729, 750 for 1 unit
    $934, 200 for 2 units
    $1, 129, 250 for 3 units
    $1, 403, 400 for 4 units

you owe more on your home than it’s worth

your current mortgage was taken out on or before January 1, 2017

you are experiencing a hardship (such as a job loss, divorce or medical emergency) and are unable to afford your current home loan

• Bo
    BOA/ATT/COMCAST=Suck May 08, 2012

So I sell a car. BOA asks me to fax them the title and registration. I have 3 conversations with the loan officer, and never does he ask me what name he should disperse the check to. I sell the car and the buyer gives me a BOA check with my name for $1, 000 more than I sold the car for. I write him a personal check for the difference. I go to the local branch to cash the check, and they decline it because the check is made out to my son who has an account with BOA. The problem is that my son is in the military and overseas. BOA tells me that they are overnighting a new check on Friday. On Monday, I still have no check and call to get a tracking number. The loan officer says he will call me back with the tracking number. Tuesday comes, and I still have no check, no tracking number, and the loan officer won't return my calls. I call Customer "Lack of" Service and after spending 10 minutes (I timed it) in the telephone tree from hell, I talk to a manager who is as helpful as ice cubes in the Arctic. After speaking to the 2nd manager, I am informed that there is no tracking number because they haven't issued a check. So it is okay for this financial institution to blatantly lie to their customers. I have called and left messages all the way up to a Senior Vice President, and nobody can tell me if and when I will get paid. As it stands, I am out a car. I am out a title to a car that I legally own. I am out $1, 000. And freaking BOA can't even tell me if or when they are going to pay me. They are undoubtedly the worst corporation in the U.S.

• Ge
    gemo May 03, 2012

Senores el banco de las pesadillas de america, dicen ayudar pero lo que hacen es robarte el dinero y luego te quitan la casa tienen otras companias que tanpoco saben ayudarte te prometen ayudarte a salir de la casa y lo que hacen es llevarte a punto de la desesparacion te envian un contrato donde te dicen que tienes que salirte de la casa que dentro de 10 dias te enviaran los papeles para que continue el arreglos y pasan meses y lo que te dicen es que es otra compania la que tiene los papeles y a la hora de la verdad nadie tiene nada par carajo hay que pegarles fuego a estos cabrones que lo que hacen es estar sentados robandoce el dinero y despues se cantan en quiebra por la situacion economica si ellos mismo la crearon carajo, solicitad dinero con prestamos del gobierno y no ayudan a nadie puneta deben dejarlos que se jodan, estos prestamistas lo que hacen es chupales las bolas a uno, si se pegan como sandijuelas...par carajo

saga27 May 03, 2012

Why wasting your time on calling...

Ask any question related to Bank of America, you will get revert within an hour or 2...try it once..

• Pa
    Pattybar2 May 01, 2012

All you can do is put a consumer statement on that credit line explaining the situation and note that this was a forebarence agreement while in cancer treatment

• Rg
    Rgene May 01, 2012

My odessey started with an ill-advised mortgage refinance through Countrywide 5 years ago. Three years ago Bank of America “assumed” that loan and the nightmares began. Unfortunately about that same time my business was victimized by an individual that embezzeled a significant amount of money from me. I have since had wages garnished from my current job for the last 18 months, which has put a strain on making my mortgage payments as timely as I would prefer, but I have made them nonetheless.

The most I have been behind has been 33 days, but you would think from the 5-6 calls per day starting from the day after a payment is due that I were 33 months in arrears. I don’t know how to stop the harrassment. I have called them directly and given them specific dates as to when I would make a payment, but still they call each following day. I have updated my account on the website and still the calls continue. There seems to be no depth to which these inconsiderate heathens will not stoop to get money to pay for their past bad deeds.

They illegally foreclose on thousands of homeowners and get fined 10.8 million dollars, and then the federal government bails them out and now we, the honest and once again vicitmized public are being harrased to the point of public humiliation and health risks to bail them out yet again!!!

I received the homeowner modification packet to hopefully get a better mortgage rate on my home. Me and my wife have been unable to work for the past 5 years. I started this process 3 months ago to no avail. They transfer me to 5 different people every time I call. My case is easy because I have no pay stubs or income for the past 5 years . We’ve been living off of the help of our kids. I faxed them all required paperwork and 3 weeks later they told me they never got it and that I need to fax it again???

Im seriously concerned as to what is going on. They avoid my calls and they never answer my calls. Any good lawyers out there contact me. I see im not the only one experiencing what the bank is trying to do. Why say you are going to help people when what you really want to do is send foreclosure notices. Smart ploy by the bank and we shouldn’t let them get away with this. I am willing to communicate with other people with the same issue. Proper authorities need to be made aware.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me why we have a congress and house of representatives that allow this sort of treatment of its citizens to take place and still smile as they raise a glass to toast these same CEOs that are paying themselves millions of dollars in “BONUSES” at financial insitutions like BofA because they brought our country back from the brink of finanacial ruin? Are you kidding me? Is anyone but the financial insitution executives better off from this BS bail out? Enough is enough Bank of America!!!

You’re getting you EFFIN money from me, leave me alone already! Oh, and by the way, why don’t you produce the original loan documents while you’re at it.

• Kr
    K Rusin Apr 26, 2012

I also was discussing loan modification (and was current on mtg) when I had water damage. The insurance co. paid out the check quickly and I sent it to B of Am to sign off so I could have the repair work completed. B of A kept telling me to submit receipts and a letter, they were going to have the work inspected and a reimbursement would be paid to me. Every time I tried to get a pay out there was some excuse. At some point, I was told I was NOT able to do a modification program and the investor would not modify the note.Now I was told I had to have all of the work complete before they would reimburse me. They wouldnt even pay out the deposit direct to the carpet people. The work is completed and it's been inspected for the 3rd or 4th time. Now they say that because I have entered into a short sale agreement they can not pay out the Ins money. It's been way over a year and I've done every thing they requested. they keep sending me signoff forms for a general contractor to sign off. I did not use a general contractor so now I'm screwed.

• Id
    Idocare Apr 25, 2012

14 years and your credit limit is 400.00 ?????? Oh and I'm getting a little tired of I serve this country to serve you! You weren't drafted. It's a choice YOU make for whatever reason.

• Re
    redwdogg Apr 25, 2012

What can I say except that I am very disappointed with Bank of America. I have been serving in the military for 18 years now and during that time I have had a credit card with BOFA 14 years of it. I have not once from what I can remember being late or overdrawing from this credit card at all. Yesterday I had a reservation at a hotel for a Navy business trip I had to attend. I paid $200 on my card to make sure that I was covered for this trip 2 days prior. When I arrived to check in my card was declined. Upon calling the 1800# the payment STILL HAD NOT POSTED!! So at that time I wanted to speak to a customer service rep. After waiting for 25 minutes (Now my Verizon card had ran out) I finally got to speak to someone. I requested if they can please speed up the process of my payment so I may check in with the hotel. Then the Rep once again put me on hold to speak to a analyst. Once he came on he asked me all these questions most interesting enough was what my occupation was. Once I told him he said “We at Bank of America really appreciate your service”. Then proceeded to prod me on some older credit card issues that I had in the past with other companies and one I had never heard of (need to look at my credit report). After I explained some of the issues with him I ask what does that have to do with the payment I made to your card? Then he tells me he is doing a credit review………………….. Really? So after he says that he puts me on hold again only to come back and say” Mr. ------we see that you have a great history with us. But due to the fact that you have 2 or more delinquent cards on your record we are terminating your credit effective immediately”. I was in pure shock I literally said nothing at all for at least 20-30 seconds. Here I am in the middle of the travel and Bank of America left me high and dry in a bad moment. Not we will be terminating your account in a week or month…but at that same moment when I needed it the most. My credit limit on the card was only $400 and I paid 200 on it. I never had been late with payments to them. THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY TO ME “We at Bank of America really appreciate your military service”. Obviously not… Because if you did they would not do that to me or anyone else that is associated in protecting their freedom on a daily basis. I truly want to let my fellow military brothers and sisters know that BOFA really does not care two cents about your sacrifices for this country. Take your business elsewhere because if they can do it to me (18 years in) they will defiantly do it to you and your loved ones. I might also add that this is just not for my military brothers and sisters this is also to all the Americans that have or might do business with BOFA.

• Vi
    victim of BOA Apr 16, 2012

Thank you eric 1989 for sharing your experience with BOA. I too have experienced the type of treatment and their illegal scam to steal my home as you have. They are so bold and don't try to hide it. They think they are above the law because they got away with paying all the State Attorney Generals off with large sums of money...while they don't miss a beat continuing their fraudulent activity.

• Vi
    victim of BOA Apr 16, 2012

Thank you Sticksnstones 1998 for the info. I would love to see them behind bars for their actions!

• Sticksnstones1998 Mar 21, 2012

I hope everyone realizes that Bank of America is nothing more than Fleet Bank in drag. Up here in the northeast we more accurately referred to them as Fleece Bank. They had such a bad reputation that they needed a face lift and a new identity. What better name than BoA? Sort of like the Cowboys being America's team or some such rubbish. You need to know only one thing, they were originally spawned from Rhode Island's finest. Rhode Island, for those that don't know, is regarded as George's Bank if you're fishing for the criminally insane. And most of those indicted worked for Fleet. So they quietly fade into the woodwork and re-emerge nationally as BoA so they can spread their deceit to the far corners of the country. I can't wait to see what kind of mayhem they wreak on the US tax payer.

Point returned.

• M3C QueenBee Mar 21, 2012

But then you'd have nothing to complain about.

• M3C QueenBee Mar 21, 2012

Comment will be removed: Please be respectful of other members