Having problems with Direct Express?

Direct Express Customer Service Contacts

1888 741 1115 (Customer Service)
+1 765 778 6290 (International)
+1 800 333 1795 (Card Enrollment Center)
+1 866 569 0447 (Hearing Impaired)
P.O. Box 245998
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Direct Express Customer Service. Initial Direct Express complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Direct Express above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Direct Express. Discuss the issues you have had with Direct Express and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Direct Express Complaints & Reviews

Direct ExpressCard blocked

My card was blocked because I ordered from Amazon. Apparently Direct Express no longer allows business with Amazon, but no attempt was made to notify customers of this. Now I have to wait until my card is unblocked to buy groceries. I am disabled and housebound, I have no car, I can't get to a store so I rely on services like Insta art and Amazon. Further, I rely on Amazon for things like clothing and specialty items. I was trying to order a bath bench so I can use my shower, now I can't. I use Amazon for most of my entertainment, NIW I can't order books or movies. And again, I was never informed of this change.
In December I lost my card, it took me three weeks of going around with Direct Express to get accurate information to replace my card. I was told I'd have to provide copies of my birth and marriage certificates, plus driver's license and social security card, I had just gotten a place after a year being homeless and had only my license, and couldn't afford the rest. All needed because for some reason Direct Express didn't have my birth date. After three weeks, with no food or way to buy groceries, a customer service rep finally told me I could contact social security and have them forward the information. Then had to wait another week for the card. I am getting very fed up with Direct Express, and will be looking for another way to get my disability check, one where I can actually access my money.

Direct ExpressService

My card was blocked. I am almost 70 when I was a child computers were in big buildings with IBM cards. I have a flip phone, Phones were to answer . I cannot switch back and forth to messages . i simply do not know how to do it. They said they would send me a code . I said OK so I will call back. Then they decided that it expires in 30 seconds. I could not do that. So they tell me I must call from another phone or send copies of my ID in. I asked for the president of the bank on the card. I was told that the supervisor is the authority. I will jump through their hoops but, then I will change cards. They have my money it is not their money . It is like I have nothing to do but contend with their ... On my first call I was put in the Spanish Cue and I do not speak Spanish . Staten is NOT a Spanish name. I called back and talked to another supervisor NO ONE helps they just gave me their rules about my money. That is the part they seem to forget . It is MY MONEY. I called back and she hung up on me. They are rude crude socially unacceptable and I was refused access to the big bosses number. I will unblock the card and do as they say and then they will know when I change cards. WHY! They do not know what they are doing and they seem to miss the fact that is my MONEY their money. I will discourage anyone from using Direct Express . I needed help not what they offered.

Direct ExpressBank Card and customer service

Good Evening, I order a new card because my chip was not working. The lady I spoke with forgot to give me my tracking number so I called back a couple days later my social would not take so it kept hanging up on me. So I call the complaint line only to get no help but sent somewhere else. A nice lady got on the phone and said my card will arrive today that ups received it. Got the tracking number from her and ups number called ups and they yold me direct express never sent the card at all they only have the invoice. So I callback again wouldn't accept social and whats so weird this only started when I order a new card. Well anyways I had to push numbers any numbers until they finally put me through... I was on hold for 4 hours a young lady got on the phone and told my its ups fault I had to beg her to send me another card! So she finally did it and I ask her why wasn't direct accepting my social security number when I called she hung up on me. This sounds a little to fishy for me... all I want is a refund on my direct express shipping and my card to mailed properly please.

Direct ExpressRefund for charging me twice

On January 15, 2021 and on January 19, 2021 I was charged twice for a. Expedited card and my refund was denied. They knew a debit card couldn't be sent to a P.O.Box and they still charged me therefore I paid $27.00. I wouldn't recommend using direct express they'll cheat you knowing it's government funds. I've received only one card but paid the balance of two cards

Direct ExpressDebt Card

I'm writing a complaint against directexpress. I have been trying to get my money put back on my card for almost three months now and I contacted direct express do they can do there investigation into the matter. I have done everything they have ask of me and everytime i call. I am on hold for over two hours and then I get hung up on it have tried to fixs the paperwork to them but they say that they don't get it. It's a shame that they supposed to help people when that person got scammed out of 361.81 and they're not doing there job are I don't think so. It say that they have up to 80 days to either find out that it was me are them in my case it's a international company that did that to me it's on my bank statement and nothing being done. The 90 will be up soon. I need my money back.

Direct ExpressUnauthorized credit card charges

I Faith R Cardenas am filing a complaint for the Charges of 67.99 on my Direct Express Card back in Oct of 2020. The last time I received money on this card was back in April or May of 2020 for the 1st stimulus check of 1200. After spending this money, I stopped using my DE card because after I Transfer my SSI account with my husbands Checking account. So like I knew that there was no more money being deposit in that account I never used again. I kept my card and account open with you. Now that this 2nd Stimulus check came in for 600, Which I was expecting to be deposit in my husbands account and never did was when I decided to check in my DE card and realized that the 600 was there. As I said before I never charged nor authorized any charges from any on line stores like Walmart, and I would like to have returned the amount that was deducted from my account as soon as possible. I will be waiting to hear from you asap.

• Updated by Faith R Cardenas · Jan 25, 2021

I been dealing with this situation since 1/19/21 with your representatives and the dispute has never been taken action towards until today that I spoke with another representative (Pearl) I have been given the run around since then, and would greatly appreciate your att. to this matter. My opinion would be to see results due to the comments I heard about your efforts on correcting the problems about complaints on these fraudulent charges not just on my card but on others as well.

Thank you very much Atta: Faith Cardenas.

Direct ExpressAtm

On the 4th day of January I went to the atm in blountsville Alabama and put my card in the atm I didn't give me any money but it took it off my card anyway so I kept calling the store and going to the store and I didn't get any help from anyone it was my stimulus money it really has been difficult to try and get my money back so I hope this dosen't happen again

Direct ExpressTrying to get routing number

Trying to get routing number so I can have ss direct deposit sent to my bank. No one knows how to help
                I feel trapped
                I have talked with my bank, numerous calls to as office getting rude service. Sent to my bank and they can't find routing number.
                Today I spoke with "richard" at ss office in springfield, mo and he quickly snapped at me that that can't be done on phone. He said to to my bank and ask for them to look into green book" for routing number. So again I go to my bank... The lady who waited in me at bank said she never heard of a green book and call ss again. She said she'd worked in banking 43 years and never heard of a green book. This has been going on for 5 years
                I am thinking to contact us attorney generals office and my state rep.
                I just want help with a seemingly easy request

Direct ExpressThis is the second month in a row my car has been locked and I need to be able to access my money

I don't really have anything to say other than that I need help resolving my card issue that way I can get to my money I dont I don't know what happened don't care what happened all I know is wrong and I need the money that is owed to me we resolved it last month through the complaint department and I hope we can get it resolved again through this this for this month please get back at me I have no working phone so I guess email will be the best way we're going to have to do it thank you very much and have a nice day

• Ei
                      Eileen Rushing Jan 12, 2021

We are also experiencing difficulties over their insisting a picture Id be submitted. They have had my card restricted since 12/16/20.
                      2 hour waits.. on hold and dismissed.. its really pissing me off.

Direct ExpressDebit card service, dispute department

I started a dispute in August for a unapproved charge from Verizon. I was given a provisional credit. In October with no warning or any other contact the money $487.37 was taken from my account resulting in a negative balance. November 1st my SSI check arrived and they took that to pay for the negative balance, leaving me with NO way to pay bills or buy food. I received a letter Nov 11th that stated I had won the dispute and could keep the provisional credit. I called and waited 4 hours on hold, and was then hung up on. After I called back, I was on hold 2 more hours before being told I would receive a refund because I was right, and that they had no idea why the money was removed. Three weeks later, and 5 calls, lasting over 12 hours combined, they still havent credited the money. I have been screamed at by a level 2 rep on the 8th of December, who admitted she was not even logged into my account and had no idea who she was speaking to. Really? that is how they treat a customer???

Direct ExpressDeposit on debit card

I lost my card in Nov and was sent a replacement card. But my DEC direct deposit was posted on my lost card, and I have no way to get my money. My lost card ending in 7139. I need them to move my money from my lost card to my new activated card. I have talked to custom service zillions of time, sent them requested info and still no solution. I am 75 with Alzheimer's and facing eviction cause I couldn't pay my rent or phone this month

Dec 07, 2020

Direct Express — Mastercard dispute

I had fraudulent charges on my card for $397 and filed a dispute. It was the first time I have ever filed a...

Direct Expressivr money transfer

I got my deposit this morning (12//1/2020.. This afternoon I tried to use my card it was denied I checked my balance.. Said an ivr money transer of 290.00 was transfered.. I didnt authorize any transfer.. I need my money returned as of now I have no money.. Ty

Direct ExpressCard number invalid

Tried to use my card and was told the number is invalid. Customer service and supervisor were no help. Was told they will check with fraud division. Checked and there is no fraud. Balance is as it should be. Reported no fraud. Was told to wait 24 hours and call back. Really frustrated. This is my monthly SSDI and I needed my money to buy food. Worried and hungry.

Nov 16, 2020

Direct Express — Card keeps getting locked

My card was locked twice in one week! The first time they gave me 3 different reasons! I am disabled, can not...

Direct ExpressSuspended my account

I received my new card haven't had it a month & now direct express suspended my account my monthly benefits were deposit to that account how do I get my money from that account I need to pay my rent I need my money asap I have uploaded anything & everything to prove who I am & now I was informed that I have to send them something called memorandum of understanding from social security they said after that they would send me a new card in about 2 days. I'm already late paying my rent I had my account straitened out they are the ones who took it upon themselves to suspend it but now I'm the one who is jumping through hoops I'm on ssi my only income I don't have a dime to my name but direct express doesn't care I need my money back like yesterday

Direct ExpressDebit card fraud

I have been complaining about several unauthorized charges on my account since march 2020, however the paperwork they said I was going to receive never arrived, and I was penalized for not responding by a specific date even though I called repeatedly to tell them this was an ongoing problem.
                              At this time, I have over $422.46 in unauthorized charges and if they ever do credit my account I fear they will take it back again

Direct ExpressFraud department

On august 21st I was checking my balance on my direct express account when I noticed it was almost $200 short of what the balance should be. I checked the recent transactions and saw 2 unauthorized transactions on august 20th, one for $94.90 and another for $85.90. I called customer service and spoke with the disputes department and canceled the card to stop it from happening again. After 10 business I received the paperwork and filled it out and mailed it back to them. I waited for the letter back thinking I was going to get my money back since I didn't make the purchases and they claim your money is safe and they are insured for things like this. But no, I got the letter today telling me based on the information I provided and information resulting from their research they cannot confirm that fraud occurred. Hello I called and gave them the information and filled out their stupid paperwork. I don't think it's right that someone gets to steal your money and you get punished for it.

Fraud department
                                Fraud department

• Updated by Jpatton81 · Oct 17, 2020

Ok I was just looking over my transaction history again for my old card and actually noticed 2 more transactions by the same companies I didn't authorize on August 3rd, but there wasn't any fraud happening was there?

Comments

Direct ExpressFraud

I am on SS. I went to the cash machine on September first to withdraw my rent money. I was told NSF. I came home and called my card company Direct Express. Someone had made 7 charges for 108.99 and one for 57.00. Direct Express (The card the Treasury Dept) uses would not put a hold on the funds. They wouldn't even let me file a fraud charge until they released my money to the THIEVES. I tried calling Nexon America Inc, that was a joke. I have never used Nexon ever, I didn't even know what it was before talking to the card company.

Sep 27, 2020

Direct Express — The investigation denial is rediculious, I was in jail and they have all the proof

I was arrested 01/03/20 and was releast 06/27/20. My direct ex[press card was stolen and used to take 6 ssi...