Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Logo

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)

Having problems with Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)?

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 226 5228 (Domestic)
+1 910 914 8250 (International)
+1 888 833 4228 (Hearing Impaired Clients)
214 N Tryon St.
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Customer Service. Initial Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank). Discuss the issues you have had with Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Complaints & Reviews

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)Overdraft Policy

This bank has by far the worst overdraft program in the world. It takes in 0 consideration for hardship or special circumstances. My wife and I have had covid and haven't been able to check our accounts everyday like usual and a car payment came through our one checking causing it to get overdrafted by just $14 and there was plenty of money in savings to cover it. We transferred the money as soon as we saw it was overdrafted but still got the fee. I called and let the representative know what happened and they said they would use their fee tool to see if I qualified for reimbursement. She said that the tool declined it because I got 1 courtesy back in May of 2020. I then asked if there was someone else that I could talk to that would take our circumstance into consideration and was told her supervisor uses the same tool and he wouldn't be able to do anything either. I asked to talk to him and she said one moment I need to check if he is on Skype... he was not on Skype and in a meeting at almost 8pm at night she said he would have to call me back. I got a call back from him and he said he submitted it in his fee tool and it was declined for him too... 0 empathy and 0 consideration for what people are going through. Overdrafting is not an everyday occurrence for us and we always have plenty in our savings. We will be taking our business elsewhere.

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)refinance

truist back in October started a refinance with me and they are my current mortgage provider. Now, almost six months later, nothing. I have lost over 30 points on my credit score as a 100% direct result of them hard pulling my credit repeatedly and even after I told them to stop. I am also out almost a thousand dollars in two house appraisals ordered by them. They have asked for the same documents over and over up to 10 times per document! I have wasted dozens of hours on calls, sending faxes, emailing and just general document finding yet to no avail. They never intended right from the start to help me. Why would they? They are soaking me for almost 5% interest and they will loose money by giving me a fair shake.

Feb 03, 2021

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) — Bank manager

I visited BB&T. 4:10 pm 2/2/20 to make a office rent payment in cash in the winter park village branch...

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)counterfeit charges!

At least 3 yrs. ago this bank (pantops branch) was suggesting I had a $100 counterfeit. My brother had just given me a $100 to which I wanted to deposit. The bank said the bill was counterfeit. I ask my brother what was going on. He told me he received the $100 bill from that bank. From there it was a complete mess...never had anyone from the bank explain, finally they just dropped it. It was handled wrong, it never had any final report from the bank. I would like to know how can they say COUNTERFEIT
      and then just drop the whole matter. Joyce M. Hall [protected]

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)business account

I have opened a business account a month ago. no one bothered to order a debit card and check until several follow ups between several bank via calls and email. I am trying for 2 weeks to order a credit card for the business and there is not a single person who can address my request. absolutely ridiculous! just tell us you can not handle the business and get out of business

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)Bb&t - overdraft fees

1/20/2021: the last day I will deal with BB&T/Truist. I spend over an hour waiting for customer service to discuss the $216 overdraft fees charged to me as received my unemployment benefits for the week. The customer service reps have no empathy whatsoever; I spoke to an individual two days ago about the $108 of fees charged over last weekend which reduced my unemployment benefits the following Tuesday; this unemployment thing is new to me and due to no fault of my own but I do know I am in a situation which is certainly not improved when BBT can conveniently posts debits strategically before larger credits are posted to an account so they can tally up the $36 fees and add them to the billions of dollars of fees they rake in every year. And they tell me "only one fee waiver allowed in a 24 month period." I find that hard to believe...I bet they have a dry erase board in the back like car salesmen do tracking how many cars they've sold that month. Profiting from the misfortunes of others; rather disgraceful - should consider treating your customers better that is if you care enough.

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)Credit card fraud department

1. Card was blocked because of suspicious activity. NO call was made to alert me to the card status.

2. Legit purchases were declined. Christmas gifts!!!

3. Called to find out why card was blocked: on hold 1.5 hours, first time I called. Call transferred, but was disconnected. Called another number, hold time was 35 minutes - transferred again. wait time 50 minutes, but had to hang up to take care of business. 3rd call - wait time was 55 minutes.

Aug 04, 2020

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) — Checking, investment account, credit card

Suntrust which is now truist is the worst bank i've ever worked with be 100 miles. I was told that since...

BB&T BankOverdraft fees

I still had $1.22 in my account and they charged me two $36.00 Overdraft fees. I charged $6.68 not knowing I was negative and then BB&T charged me another overdraft fee. I called them to discuss because of my hours being lowered at work due to coronavirus they credited me $108.00 leaving me negative $5.44 and still charged me another $36.00 fee the day before my payroll check was deposited. I unenrolled from overdraft protection and am still finding a new bank.

Feb 12, 2020

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) — fraud by bbt

I need help!! Im unsure of who to turn to. I am a single mother trying to raise a child alone. Actually, im...

Dec 31, 2019

BB&T — deposit

I've been with BB&T bank for 10 years. Today went to bank and tried to deposit $1040.00. I was told...

Dec 02, 2019

BB&T Bank — check deposited on july 27/2019

Our insurance check was deposited on July 27th, 2019. in the amount of $45, 000. To this date the funds have...

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&Ttheir system didn’t register when I opted out of overdraft, now i’m stuck with fees

My husband and I's had an overdraft on our account two weeks ago (October 1-4, 2019) with $180 in overdraft fees, not knowing that we didn't have overdraft protection. Okay, that was fine since we obviously didn't have the overdraft protection, but that same week (on October 4, 2019) we OPTED OUT of overdraft (meaning no overdraft can happen) in both sections (ATM and one-time purchases, and the checks and reoccurring payments). Well we had another overdraft situation this week (on October 15-16, 2019) resulting in $216 in just overdraft fees, even though two weeks ago we OPTED for NO OVERDRAFT. Well BB&T is saying that it doesn't show in their system that we opted out two weeks ago, even though I know for sure that we did. So now we're just stuck with the $216 in overdraft fees, even though we opted out and our account shouldn't have been able to overdraft. So because their system didn't register that we opted out, now we have to suffer the loss of all that money! It ridiculous! And I would like a refund for the $216 in overdraft fees because I opted out of overdraft and I shouldn't have to suffer the loss of that money since I did everything the right way and their system didn't register that I had opted out.

Oct 16, 2019

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T — bb&t stealing my money!!

BB&T has put so many 36.00 overdraft fees on me it's a normal thing every month, usually 4 or 5...

Sep 21, 2019

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T — checking account overdraft fees

BB&T is capitalizing on the poorest, weakest, indigent and voiceless people of the banking industry. It i...

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&Tbb&t lies and gives wrong information costing us a service charge that bb&t refuses to cover even though they admit they were wrong!

An employee called saying that our account would go dormant in the near future if we did not show some activity on it. 2 days later we wrote a check on it . When Synchrony Bank received it they could not get the funds because, as I was told by another BB&T employee, the first employee, at the moment of the call, made the account dormant. We were sent to collections and many hours of research later found out that it was completely BB&Ts fault, yet they will not send us the fee charged for the returned check. When I first called the branch in Del Mercado they told me there was no manager and in the same breath said he was with a client. When we went to withdraw our money, never to use this bank again I again received more misinformation and was told that the it was in the hands of the "back room" people. I asked to speak to them and the employee refused. I asked if the "Back Room" people were human and he assured me they were but they don't speak to clients. Such a warm friendly bank!! We then went to another bank and opened an account there, I was also told by the new bank that some of the information I received was wrong and he was reading directly from the State of Maryland laws.
                  Anyone using BB&T should definitely think again.

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&Twrong account wire transfer

Unfortunately, the wrong account number of my checking account was given to an international recipient for a refund back to me. The international bank says the funds were wired to my account, but they are not there, due to one digit being off. Can't bbandt check to see who's account number the money was wired to?
                    If the name and the account number doesn't match, how can they let the wired money go thru?

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&Tchecking

Do not thank at this bank they will flat-out scam you with their secret fees. The balance that you see on that you app is not correct they claim they don't see anything coming in till the next day which is a crock. I am on Social Security and they have taken one 1/4 of my check in fees. Which they refused to give back. I deposit cash in my bank and they do not put it in immediately I was told that after 6 it does not go in till the next day. Avoid this bank at all cost they are thieves

Aug 06, 2019

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T — business loan & checking account deposits

Our company has been banking with BBT about 20 years. We received several loans from the Grafton, WV branch...

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&Tkeeping cash deposits so you can run a scan of cheating hard working people out of their money

I've never in my life had a bank, including yours up until this past month scam me and many others out of their Cash Deposits made through an ATM after 6pm. I along with many others that I hear complaining whether I'm standing in line in a grocery store, or dining at a local upscale restaurant, that you now take cash deposits made at an atm after 6pm in an effort to not get hit with an overdraft/to cover potential charges that might come through after midnight on the business day, hit myself and many others with Overdraft fees!!! It's CASH money it should be treated as Cash. Not the BS story that "sorry you made the deposit st 9:25 pm EST (after 6pm) regardless of the fact that the cash deposit would have more than covered the day's transactions if it had been treated as Cash as it use to be not long ago and not a check, we get to take your money so we can pay the top Executives their million dollar or thousand dollar bonus' and/or their nice salary increase each year while the middle class gets poorer, regardless of their Bachelors or Masters degrees and that they work 12 to 14 hour days". Thank you for giving to the rich!