Menu

reviews & complaints

US Bank Complaints Summary

118 Resolved
728 Unresolved
Our verdict: With US Bank's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for US Bank has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of US Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

US Bank complaints 846

Sort by:

Newest US Bank reviews & complaints

S
7:47 pm EST

US Bank Checking & Business Account

USBANK accepted a wire for my business in the total of $106,000.

The wire cleared and letter from the bank confirming the clearing of the wire.

Went to the bank and removed a cashier's check and everything was good.

3 days later a call from the USBANK stating they wanted to confirm the origination of the wire, I provided the details.

I was advised that USBANK will close my account and will if they deem legitimate will return funds via check, that they did not want my business.

I have a letter stating that the funds were cleared in my account and verification was provided as to the origination of wire.

My funds are still frozen?

Where are my funds? when you have verification of the origination?

Claimed loss: 280K4 days of inability to use my funds and counting, numerous losses, personal and business.Business days lost in app build for company and web site completion.Employee payroll for such building

Desired outcome: GIVE MY FUND BACK, I do NOT want to do further business with USBANK.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified US Bank representatives only. If you are affiliated with US Bank, please claim your business to access these details.

D
5:11 am EST

US Bank Services regarding deposits and freezing accounts

On February 12, 2024 I made a deposit in the atm for 1,000.00 it was a third party check. The check cleared with no problems and the money is in my account, US bank put a freeze on my account even though the money cleared. My rent check has bounced and other items due to this problem. When you call the fraud department, nobody helps you and they are very rude. I was told to go to branch and speak to branch manager and the representative said "if the branch manager doesn't help you its because they didn't want to". I am looking for solutions not problems.

Claimed loss: I am charged late fees of over $100.00. My credit worthiness with my place to live is shot out.

Desired outcome: My account to be unfrozen and to be able to have access to my funds

11:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mr. Richard Davis, I'm sorry to inform you that after researching best for my nonprofit and awaiting my letter of determination I researched that going to the banks and receive information of what is offered is the best way to decide prior to opening any account and to never give any of your nonprofit information due to your tied into the bank...

Is US Bank legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals US Bank as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 13% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, US Bank stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering US Bank should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

US Bank earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: US Bank achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for US Bank. The company provides a physical address, 12 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Usbank.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows US Bank website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Usbank.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Usbank.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with US Bank, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

US Bank website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While US Bank has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 13% of 846 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • US Bank protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to US Bank. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
10:27 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

you people are something else. I will try here before my next move to retain an attorney. I took out a $50,000 debt consolidation loan with U.S. Bank. Worse thing I ever did. U,S. Bank is very difficult to work with. They sent me cashiers check to pay creditors. One CitiBank\BestBuy accept and then rejected it as a third party check. I went to U.S. Bank and...

K
2:27 pm EST

US Bank US Bank atm

Today 2/1/2024 I went to theUS BANK on 1399 Foxworthy Ave. San Jose CA.

95118 at 7:43 AM to withdraw $720.00

cash from their ATM. The atm showed a noticed that said INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. I didn't receive any money or receipt. I checked my account and it shows that US BANK removed $720.00 out of my account. I came back to the bank at 9:00AM when it opened and the teller said they couldn't do anything and I need to call their customer service number. (800)

872-2657 I called at 9:07 AM which they were no help as well. Because I don't have an account with US Bank they don't know what steps to take to help me.

Claimed loss: $720.00

Desired outcome: I would like them to give them the money they stole from me.

View 0 more photos
P
4:22 am EST

US Bank Account and refunds

My account was hacked and as a result of this led to the closure of my account. I tried to resolve the with the branch but the assistance am getting from then is very poor. I lost 25,000 $ during this process. I went ahead and filed a police report regarding this issue. The potential suspect of this fraudulent activities is my room mate which the police said there is not enough evidence to arest him. This is not only us bank, my paypal and discover bank account was afffected. Thank you.

Phone: [protected]/[protected]

Email:[protected]@gmail.com

Claimed loss: 25,000$

Desired outcome: I need a refund and my account bank back

View 0 more photos
V
1:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On or around November 24, 2023, US Bank customer service reached out to ask if I was in Arizona, which I was in Minnesota at the time. They indicated that a woman went into a US Bank branch trying to access my checking account utilizing a fake ID. An alert was put on the account at that time. This happened two more times. We went into a branch to freeze the...

4:49 pm EST

US Bank checking accont

I was charged a check counter fee of $2 unknowing for writing a check on my account. Granted, it's probably an insignificant amount/fee but it's the principle that mostly annoys me. This is because I was PROMISED verbally in a local branch when I asked, that there was no fee/charges for this service. I had to ask as this is my first time writing checks against this account. Now, I would understand if I was told otherwise beforehand and then the fee afterwards. I had called to get a refund too but was dismissed casually as not worth their time. I'm definitely never writing any checks ever on this account or will I trust US bank with or for anything in the future. I'm already shopping for another bank. If I can't trust them in this little thing, I can't either on the big things whatever they may be. Again, it's the principle, not the amount and it's fraudulent.

W
2:45 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This US Bank on 2537 West Wisconsin Avenue in Milwaukee,Wisconsin needs to close down,Because Black People and Hispanic People be starting problems and starting trouble with people outside in a line in front of US Bank! That's why people go to a different bank or a credit union and That's why ex U.S. Bank co-workers Therese and Don Juan don't work there no...

B
4:02 pm EST

US Bank Credit cards

December 6, 2023 and many other dates I attempt going into my account online to pay a bill. I get locked out of my account after changing my password. What kind of an ignorant bank locks customers out of there accout when they just want to pay a credit card! They sent me a code, I reset my password and then attempted to sign in and pay my card bill and they lock me out how stupid is that. I guess they don't want their payment on time or maybe expect me to pay a late fee! Whom ever is in charge at us bank is a bone head! I talked to 3 cs reps total of 1 hour of my time. Each rep asked several questions to verify who I was and I passed with flying color. All other bank that I have if they doubt your identity they send a code and you are in. Does us bank managers know customer service reps are turning customers away from paying bills? Us bank is working under stoeage rules (get a brain) locking people out does no good!

Desired outcome: Quit locking people out as it does NO GOOD

N
7:22 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I started a small business about a year ago. I heard rave reviews about US Bank and the benefits of using them to handle my Small business account. From Day One, I was let down. The first check I deposited went through, appeared available on my account. As I was just starting out, I immediately spent a decent amount on supplies I needed and other busine...

7:28 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My mortgage with us bank #[protected] began 06/2014 with includes monthly escrow payments. Im a senior citizen with multiple underlying medical conditions including major surgeries forcing me on approved medical of absence without pay from 04/2022 to early retirement 06/30/2023. However, 06/2023 i made an additional escrow payment $800.00 by telephone i...

A
9:30 pm EST

US Bank Business credit cards

11/30/2023 10:00 am

Received a call from US Bank customer authentication stating that they were closing out my business cards along with my personal credit card.

I asked to speak to a manager and after a 25 minute wait, a manager by the name of Pat who would not give me his last name was very rude and condescending.

I have been a US Bank customer since 2015 and have never been treated with such disrespect.

10:50 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 11/23/2023 I used the ATM at the US Bank in LaPine, Oregon to withdraw $500 from my US Bank account. My card was accepted, funds withdrawn from my checking account. A message appeared "cash withheld due to hardware or account malfunction". I went into the branch immediately. I was told the ATM doesn't belong to the bank and it happens often. I have to...

7:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a call from US Bank asking about a Zelle payment I was trying to make for 25$. He asked if I know the person, which i replied yes. then he was asking me questions about how I knew them what, was my relationship with them and told me that doesn't sound very good. IT WAS NOTHING. He passed judgement on me and was basically accusing me of doing...

6:45 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been with US BANK since 06/2014 account #[protected] 2023 payments $979.42. It is understood that a portion of my monthly mortgage payments include escrow expenses payments. I, Charles R. Williams lll, legally formally request that US BANK Headquarters and/or its Home Mortgage expeditiously Investigation and/Audit my account additional escrow payment...

J
4:06 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I opened an account with US bank. I then received a letter from the regulatory research dept. at US informing of a problem with my name/ssn combination. Enclosed was a substitute W-9 form advising if US bank did not receive the requested info from me within 30 days they would begin deducting 24% backup withholding from my survivor pension. I did not comply...

E
7:24 pm EDT

US Bank Silver Business Account

I opened a Silver Business Account for a small business I have. I selected US Bank because they were a large company offering a $500 bonus.

Starting the account was very difficult. US Bank seemed to struggle with the simple stuff. I was told that they could not open an account for me because I live in a state where there are no US Bank branch offices. After a week, I was contacted by US Bank and told that they would be able to open the account. I explained the reason for selecting them and stated that the $500 bonus was a large factor in my decision. After 60 day period, my bonus never arrived. I called several times to resolve an d finally was told that the promotion ended before I started the account. I have screenshots where they still advertised the promotion 2 weeks into the month after they said it ended. They still don’t have my name correct but I’m canceling the account so it doesn’t matter.

Claimed loss: $500 new account promotion

Desired outcome: Receive the $500 promotion as advertised

10:59 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Mona Castello and i reside at 10209 Red Fern Court, Conroe, Texas 77385 and have had a mortgage loan with U.S. Bank Mortgage for many years and in that time i have had MANY issues with my mortgage loan. Each time i have voiced those concerns and written complaints i have been met with the same letters in the mail stating there was never any wrong...

2:51 pm EDT

US Bank Checking

I tried to deposit a $114,000 check (From an attorney trust account) into my checking account. This was from a personal injury settlement & I spoke to a customer service agent and a person at the branch and they said there was nothing that could be done. I had asked the branch to contact the bank of the attorney & they said they would not do that and that I would have to "Wait a little bit longer". While I understand there is a policy in place, the US Bank employees were not willing to help at all. I suggested that they contact the attorney's bank & they would not do it, As a client of this bank for over 30 years to be treated this was is unacceptable & something that US Bank should be embarrased of. Once these funds are available, I will be closing all accounts with this bank as they would not even attempt to help me, the client, and that is 100 percent unacceptable.

Desired outcome: Funds released for use.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

US Bank contacts