[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / price at pick up
I booked a car rental for 5 days with Alamo through Expedia.ca
My reservation was 197.76$ Canadian due at pick up. All taxes and fees included.
I was shocked when I picked up my car at the counter of Fort lauderdale aiport that the price was different. 345.90 US$ so about 475$ Canadian .
I added the extended protection at 12.44$/day for a total of 62.20$ US.
But there are others fees that were charged that I should not have to pay! It was not on my reservation. If I would have known, I never would have booked with Alamo.
I got charged 93.83$ for time & distance! What is that charge? Why does it show up on my bill? Why no one at Alamo was able to explain it to me?
I rent cars every year at the Fort lauderdale airport. This is my first time with Alamo.
I never ever been surprised with a different price at pick up.
I hope that it wont be my last time renting with Alamo.
Please fix my bill which I already got charged and paid for! It is unacceptable to have an extra 100$ fees at pick up.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, May 29, 2019
We're happy to look into this for you and help out. Please email the details above along with your contact telephone number and any additional details to [protected]@Alamo.com so we can review this promptly.
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing