Alamo Rent A Car — alamo did not have a car for us, even though we had a confirmed reservation
On July 9, 2019, we arrived to the Budapest, Hungary International Airport, to pick up the car which we had reserved, as per Reservation No. [protected] and Confirmation No. 1405617695COUNT, at a cost of 147.32 Euro. We were absolutely stunned to learn that Alamo had no cars available for us and therefore we were forced to rent a car from Hertz at a cost of 332.11 Euro for the same car, an Opel Astra. Therefore we demand to be reimbursed for the difference, 184.70 Euro, plus the down payment of 22.1 Euro which we paid upon making the reservation. We feel that it is absolutely inexcusable for a rental car company not to have a car available for a reservation made previously. Please find attached the reservation with Alamo and the rental agreement with Hertz .
We are going to the United States on July 30 for a month's vacation and if we do not receive compensation, we will not consider renting a car from Alamo.
Hope to get a prompt response.
Rehov Disraeli 23
Haifa 3433316, Israel
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental Cincinnati - charging my car extra
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - alamo at copenhagen airport - lost iphone
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips