Having problems with Fox Rent A Car?

Fox Rent A Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 22, 2007. The latest review Overcharging for tolls and lying about hidden fees was posted on Jul 24, 2021. The latest complaint Excess rental car fees was resolved on Jun 24, 2021. Fox Rent A Car has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. Fox Rent A Car has resolved 18 complaints.

Fox Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 323 593 7489 (Billing Questions & Feedback)
+1 323 593 7487 (Extending Your Rental)
+1 323 593 7486 (For Existing Reservations)
+1 323 593 7490 (Emergency Roadside Assistance)
+1 323 593 7485 (For New Reservations)
5500 W Century Blvd
Los Angeles, California
United States - 90045-5914

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fox Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Fox Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fox Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fox Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Fox Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fox Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews

Fox Rent A CarOvercharging for tolls and lying about hidden fees

They charged us for tolls they said we wouldnt need and got hit with an extra 45$ fee plus they lied and put a "full tank of gas"charge even though we returned it full and on time. They are rude ignorant and scammers. We waited over an hour to get seen just for the lady to disappear half way through the process and a sketchy manager came up and tried to redo everything all the while trying to be told get the insurance even though we had to fight with them because its not needed and was very expensive. The level of incompetence is incredible

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jul 26, 2021

I apologize that you had a problem with tolls, Fox Rent a Car partners with American Traffic Solutions for billing of all toll violations. If you have a question regarding a toll please contact them at [protected]. If you with to speak to Fox regarding other charges, you are welcome to email [email protected] for assistance.

• Updated by Blanchard672 · Jul 26, 2021

I dont have a question i want the 45$ fee removed as it stands right now i will go out of my way to never use this company again, make my reviews as known as possible, as well as letting any of my colleagues who frequenty travel to run for the hills as far as your company is concerned.

Fox Rent A CarBreakdown and renting out a car with 71,000 miles on it

2019 vehicle with over 71, 000 miles on it that broke down and it took 10 hours in the heat to get a tow truck. I had to miss several appointments for what should have been a simple problem to resolve.
    It took maybe six or seven calls and all day and most of the night to have someone tow this car. Trying to get through to customer service for roadside assistantants was extremely frustrating. I did eventually speak with two wonderful ladies, Sydney and Ruth who were very concerned and helpful.
    This whole experience was a nightmare.

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jul 16, 2021

I am so very sorry for your experience, if we may help you further with this please contact us at [email protected]

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jul 16, 2021

I am very sorry for your experience, if we may assist you further with your concerns please contact us at [email protected]

Jun 24, 2021

Fox Rent A Car — Excess rental car fees

I booked a car rental reservation for my son through Priceline. At the time of the booking, I selected that...

Fox Rent A CarCustomer service is not picking up

I rented a car in advance for May 24th -30th and received a 58.08 discount. On my bank statement it shows 58.08 being removed from my account. So I call the [protected] billing number and after 33 minutes of the recording telling me I have 10 people ahead of me and that number not decreasing, I hung up. I would like to know what that charge is for and your customer service needs to be looked at.
      Sue Toth

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jun 24, 2021

Thank you for the opportunity to address the concerns, I show that on 5/30/2020 a refund of $58.08 was issued to the account of Susan C Toth. There is no charge for the $58.08 issued by Fox Rent a Car. A receipt for the refund has been attached here.

Should you have any additonal questions regarding the rental charges please reach out to us at [email protected]

Comments

Apr 27, 2021

Fox Rent A Car — Price billed for a rental and delays

I scheduled a rental through Southwest Confirmation #WFX042E1CB when we arrived a the rental location by...

Mar 04, 2021

Fox Rent A Car — Fraudulent actions of employee

Upon renting the car (1/22-1/25) with prepaid booking (FFX0192CAF, LAS-1122504), and stating multiple time...

Feb 17, 2021

Fox Rent A Car — Car rental

Just now My husband just rented a car from Fox… My husband just rented a car from Fox Rent a Car at Phoenix...

Fox Rent A CarRefund of deposit

I rented a car from your LAX site on 11-27-20 and returned it on 12-26-20 the rental number is RA#LAX-2020607 Alton Crosby

My total charges should have been $882.58. There was a deposit of $956.02charges to my account in 2 separate transactions 1 for $183.50 on 12-11-20 and the second for $773.52 on 12-14-20. I was told the deposit would be returned to my account within 2 days it has been nearly 4 weeks and the refund has not hit my account. Please refund to my credit card the amount of $956.02. My account is now over the limit because of these charges.

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jan 15, 2021

The rental in question was extended, any deposit on the rental was used for the extension on this rental. The original reservaiton was booked for 14 days. This rental was extended to 29 days, the deposit that was charged was used to pay for the additional time on the rental as well as the added loss damage waiver and upgrade that were signed for at pick up. Should you have further questions on the charges please reach out to us directly at [email protected]

Fox Rent A CarCustomer service

When I arrived in Seattle 12 28 20 I rented a car from Fox due to a mix-up with my Reservation elsewhere. I travelled to Seattle because I had family ill with the covid, I was needed to care for the children.
          1st - price charged was not the price quoted.
          2nd - Could NOT Get a hold of anybody in office or corporate.
          3rd - Was Substantially overcharged

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jan 15, 2021

Unfortunately, I am not finding a rental agreement in the name of the reviewer. We kindly request that they contact us to discus the charges at [email protected]

Dec 07, 2020

Fox Car Rental — Car rental no refund for cancellation due to my company's covid concerns.

I'm a independent contractor. I took advantage of the reduced rental fee for a larger vehicle. My...

Dec 01, 2020

Fox Rent A Car — Administrative toll fee

Nearly 45 days after my rental return for a toll on I 75 North (Everglades Pkwy West). I was charged a $15.00...

Jul 28, 2020

Fox Rent A Car — Rental car

I made a reservation on 7/27/2020 for a one way rental from Seattle Airport to LAX airport pick up car 8/8/20...

Jun 22, 2020

Fox Rent A Car — Was given an unsafe vehicle with a tire that came completely off the rim. Horrible customer service.

Received a vehicle with no spare tire or tools. Was given an unsafe vehicle with a tire that came completely...

Jan 10, 2020

Fox Rent A Car — overcharge.

Hello Mr CEO of Fox Rent a Car, Please read my story below and tell me how you feel as a customer. I made...

Nov 15, 2019

Fox Rent A Car — fox rental car

Our experience with fox was terrible...rented 11-11 veterans day..the next morning went to play ball..people...

Oct 28, 2019

Fox Rent A Car — toll administrative fees

regarding car rental from Sept. 28, 2019 - Oct. 9, 2019: I Received a bill for toll charge of $2.33 on the...

Oct 20, 2019

Fox Rent A Car — Very bad service

On october 12th, we arrived at the fox car rental place. We were faced with The longest lines. We waited in...

Fox Rent A Carcustomer service

FOX RENT A CAR mishandled an accident claim, erroneously demanded payment for a fee I am not responsible for.

Fox Claim #: OAK-425271-C01

At no fault of my own, I was involved in an accident while I was in a rented vehicle from FOX RENT A CAR.
            I reported the incident to authorities at the time of the accident, and I informed FOX RENT A CAR of the accident
            and filled out necessary paperwork. Approximately 3 month after the accident,
            Vince Werner, a damage and recovery agent from FOX RENT A CAR, called me and rudely demanded I pay a fee,
            did not attempt to validate his identity, did not provide any information about what the fee was for, sent
            mail correspondence to me at the wrong address, and threatened to send this supposed debt to collections.
            Vince Warner phone number is [protected] and his email address is [protected]@foxrentacar.com. Our phone call
            occurred on 10/15/2019. Additionally, I paid for insurance through FOX RENT A CAR and I had a second form of insurance.

customer service
            customer service

• Lo
                louie turner Nov 08, 2019

I had a very similar situation occur. Around the same time, but SeaTac International Airport. However I received a vehicle already damaged. Then months later received a phone call saying the car was damaged, and they mailed a letter demanding for $3000 to an address that was not mine. The mileage at the time I rented the car was 3000 miles more than the mileage at the time the vehicle was supposedly seen at a repair shop a month after I returned it! It sounds, feels, looks like another fox scam

Sep 26, 2019

Fox Rent A Car — canceled my reservation and gave vehicle away

I had a reservation with fox with confirmation number nexp4eb78b to be picked up at 11:45pm on september 13th...

Sep 23, 2019

Fox Rent A Car — service

I had an issue with the tire pressure light being on, put air in it. Light stayed on, tried calling customer...